• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    oh well,back to naked ladys on the net lol :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    George Washington Carver?

About one-half of all edible peanuts poduced in the United States are used to make peanut butter and peanut spreads. By law and industry standard, any product labeled "peanut butter" in the U. S. must be at least 90% peanuts. The remaining 10% may be salt, sweetener and an emulsifier (hardened vegetable oil which prevents the peanut oil from separating and rising to the top).

Other similar products which don't subscribe to the 90%/10% rule are labeled peanut spread. Many are reduced fat products with added vitamins and minerals. These standards are subscribed to by the industry to assure consumers of uniformly nutritious products.

The ancient South American Indians were the first to make and eat peanut butter, and one of the peanut foods invented by Dr. George Washington Carver was similar to peanut butter. Historical reference has it, however, that peanut butter was invented by a physician in St. Louis about 1890 as a health food for the elderly. No one remembers the physician's name, although records show that in 1903 Ambrose W. Straub of St. Louis patented a machine to make peanut butter. Also during that period (1895), Dr. John Harvey Kellogg (of breakfast cereal fame) patented the process of making peanut butter for the patients at his Battle Creek Sanitarium, a health food retreat in Michigan.

Basically, all peanut butter is made by a similar process. First the raw, shelled peanuts are roasted and cooled, then the skins are removed (blanched.) Some manufacturers split the kernels and remove the heart of the peanut as well. The hearts can be saved to make peanut oil and the skins left over from blanching can be sold for animal feed. The blanched peanut kernels are electronically sorted or hand picked one last time to be sure only good, wholesome kernels are used in peanut butter.

Commercial peanut butter is made very similar to our old fashioned home cooked recipe. The peanuts are ground, usually through two grinding stages, to produce a smooth, even-textured butter. The peanuts are heated during the grinding to about 170 degrees F . Once the emulsifiers are added and mixed, the butter is cooled rapidly to 120 degrees F or below. This crystallizes the emulsifiers, thus trapping the peanut oil that was released by the grinding. To make chunky peanut butter, peanut granules are added to the creamy peanut butter. The peanut butter is then packed into containers for sale at stores.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well, 5 hours of downtime in 29 hours isn't terrible, yet. The clock is still ticking.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    time to pass some more time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNxhrPaaCA4
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    lsdragon wrote: »
    Same....u in cali? wanna meet up an match a few? lolz

lol nope Texas, too long a drive for me.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    thun712 wrote: »
    Lolz. I hope this doesn't become the reality. I feel bad for the folks who got lifetime subs. They should be allowed a refund.

I got a lifetime sub - I have the rest of my life to play :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Star Trek
    -Offline-
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Rodney_M wrote:
    It is in the server room.

No. That's a ruse, a ploy. It only wants you to think it's in the server room. It's actually in the airing cupboard! Sneaky things servers....
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It takes so long to 'retrieve a list of characters' that makes me think i have so many... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Bandelero wrote:
    How do you change ship name using the NX designation?

I believe you have to wait until you get the retail code tie to that pre-order bonus to be able to activate it.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    On another note, Anyone near A Del Taco or have codes for any of their content? There is only one Del Taco in all of OHIO. It is in Toledo, I am in Columbus.

Damien, I'm pretty sure there are two Del Tacos in Chilocothe. It's like maybe a 30 min drive for you.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    xFennx wrote:
    wait...what's this cord do?....:D

"Hey I'm taking this extension cord to my office anyone need it?.........oh"
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Avery wrote: »
    You know ST was free from religious overtones and so should your signature. Spread it elsewhere..

My sig is my own business - unless you are against Freedom, it shouldn't bother you in the least.

I, for one live in America - and though it isn't as Free was it was - it still is now - so suck it up and deal with it.

People who complain about others having beliefs are so weak, I love it when they act like little babies because someone is not afraid to be open about what they believe.

Aside from that - I am totally loving STO, it's a real major plus to have this option when gaming indeed! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    how long has downtime been so far?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Are we there yet? :confused:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Arkmedeez wrote:
    I posted on page 200

No you didn't
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Boyders wrote: »
    Does anyone here have any actual knowledge of gaming server upkeep and maintenance and have any guess as to what is going on?

I do... their server isn't being kept up. :p
    Seriously, being "in the field" (as I suspect many of us are) leads me to believe this has nothing to do with servers, but rather software... which doesn't bode well, but explains the ridiculously long period of time for server "maintenance" during such a crtical time.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i have a lifetime abo from Star Trek Online... currently Star Trek Offline...

i playd today only 2hours... because i must worki...
    and now since i am home... Star Trek Offline...
    realy nice situation...

Murphy...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Muray wrote: »

Stole it, posted to fb. Absolutely no credit to anyone. Too awesome!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ekimm wrote:
    So, Star Trek Online, is really just playing on forums eh? Pretty novel I must say. I thought it was an actual game.:p

STO is a browser game, you don't knew that? Hope you got your life time account for the browser edition :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    *leans in close to the server and whispers*

I can get in yes?

aww cmon!!!

Just the tip?

JUST THE TIP!?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Still down ...:(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    About one-half of all edible peanuts poduced in the United States are used to make peanut butter and peanut spreads. By law and industry standard, any product labeled "peanut butter" in the U. S. must be at least 90% peanuts. The remaining 10% may be salt, sweetener and an emulsifier (hardened vegetable oil which prevents the peanut oil from separating and rising to the top).

Other similar products which don't subscribe to the 90%/10% rule are labeled peanut spread. Many are reduced fat products with added vitamins and minerals. These standards are subscribed to by the industry to assure consumers of uniformly nutritious products.

The ancient South American Indians were the first to make and eat peanut butter, and one of the peanut foods invented by Dr. George Washington Carver was similar to peanut butter. Historical reference has it, however, that peanut butter was invented by a physician in St. Louis about 1890 as a health food for the elderly. No one remembers the physician's name, although records show that in 1903 Ambrose W. Straub of St. Louis patented a machine to make peanut butter. Also during that period (1895), Dr. John Harvey Kellogg (of breakfast cereal fame) patented the process of making peanut butter for the patients at his Battle Creek Sanitarium, a health food retreat in Michigan.

Basically, all peanut butter is made by a similar process. First the raw, shelled peanuts are roasted and cooled, then the skins are removed (blanched.) Some manufacturers split the kernels and remove the heart of the peanut as well. The hearts can be saved to make peanut oil and the skins left over from blanching can be sold for animal feed. The blanched peanut kernels are electronically sorted or hand picked one last time to be sure only good, wholesome kernels are used in peanut butter.

Commercial peanut butter is made very similar to our old fashioned home cooked recipe. The peanuts are ground, usually through two grinding stages, to produce a smooth, even-textured butter. The peanuts are heated during the grinding to about 170 degrees F . Once the emulsifiers are added and mixed, the butter is cooled rapidly to 120 degrees F or below. This crystallizes the emulsifiers, thus trapping the peanut oil that was released by the grinding. To make chunky peanut butter, peanut granules are added to the creamy peanut butter. The peanut butter is then packed into containers for sale at stores.

Please join my crew.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    If we are lucky, maybe the server will be back online by monday. If those morons at cryptic would bring more servers online, this would not be a problem. Just goes to show how stupid they are at only having ONE server.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sphynx wrote: »
    mini borg cube ftw :)

possible some freebie pets like they had on CO ?? ^^

Oh god!!!

please, no more bobble-heads, unless I can get a bobble-head Worf.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    This thread is growing faster then I can read it, please type slower!

:D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    George Washington Carver?

Correct, you win a prize, LOL.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Waffleuk wrote: »
    which can't be seen from space.

Anything can be seen from space, even a newspaper... you just need a spy sat to do it.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Kuomi wrote: »
    I wouldn't want to be in charge of the test server!

Implement a Queue system and your problem is solve.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I posted on page 200 (maybe I should learn to count)
This discussion has been closed.