What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unexpected Downtime (January 30, 2010)

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I think the "You are not allowed to log into this server" error message stinks, as it implies I've done something wrong.

The message should read something line "We're sorry that overwhelming demand has melted our servers, so they can't serve you right now. We will fix things as soon as we can."

:mad:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Neitzche wrote:
    I'll tell ya what, all those who are clueless enough to thing complaining on a forum and demanding their money (apparently $.08) back....I'll give you each $0.10 to just go away and never come back.

Fair enough. Done and well bargined.

Paypal, cash or cheque?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Everytime I throw a post like that out, thinking the speed of the posts will bury it, someone catches it!

Yea what can I say, I have a quick eye for the harshness of reality ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hey Cryptic, if you actually do read these posts, which I doubt, how about keeping your promise and bringing more servers online. Oh wait, you don't like keeping your promises.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Warp core breach imminent....
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Although peanuts come in many varieties, there are four basic market types: Runner, Virginia, Spanish and Valencia. Each of the peanut types is distinctive in size, flavor, and nutritional composition. Within each four basic types of peanuts, there are several "varieties" for seed and production purposes. Each variety contains distinct characteristics which allows a producer to select the peanut that is best suited for its region and market.

Runner
    Runners have become the dominant type due to the introduction in the early 1970's of a new runner variety, the Florunner, which was responsible for a spectacular increase in peanut yields. Runners have rapidly gained wide acceptance because of the attractive, uniform kernel size. Fifty-four percent of the runners grown are used for peanut butter. Runners are grown mainly in Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Texas and Oklahoma.

Virginia
    Virginias have the largest kernels and account for most of the peanuts roasted and processed in-the-shell. When shelled, the larger kernels are sold as snack peanuts. Virginias are grown mainly in southeastern Virginia and northeastern North Carolina.

Spanish
    Spanish-type peanuts have smaller kernels covered with a reddish-brown skin. They are used predominantly in peanut candies, with significant quantities used for snack nuts and panut butter. They have a higher oil content than the other types of peanuts which is advantageous when crushing for oil. They are primarily grown in Oklahoma and Texas.

Valencia
    Valencias usually have three or more small kernels to a pod and are covered in a bright-red skin. They are very sweet peanuts and are usually roasted and sold in-the-shell. They are also excellent for fresh use as boiled peanuts. New Mexico is the primary producer of Valencia peanuts.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    roach3000 wrote: »
    at this rate the servers will be up when Star Trek The Next Generation Online goes live

ROFL. Nice.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    xFennx wrote:
    OUCH!!! Rotfl....

Everytime I throw a post like that out, thinking the speed of the posts will bury it, someone catches it!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The Treaties of Tilsit were two agreements signed by Napoleon I of France in the town of Tilsit in July, 1807 in the aftermath of his victory at Friedland. The first was signed on 7 July, between Tsar Alexander I of Russia and Napoleon I of France, when they met on a raft in the middle of the Neman River. The second was signed with Prussia on 9 July. The treaties ended war between Imperial Russia and the French Empire and began an alliance between the two empires which rendered the rest of continental Europe almost powerless. The two countries secretly agreed to aid each other in disputes — France pledged to aid Russia against Ottoman Turkey, while Russia agreed to join the Continental System against the British Empire. Napoleon also convinced Alexander to enter into the Anglo-Russian War and to instigate the Finnish War against Sweden in order to force Sweden to join the Continental System. More specifically, the tsar agreed to evacuate Wallachia and Moldavia, which had been occupied by Russian forces as part of the Russo-Turkish War, 1806-1812. The Ionian Islands and Cattaro, which had been captured by Russian admirals Ushakov and Senyavin, were to be handed over to the French. In recompense, Napoleon guaranteed the sovereignty of the Duchy of Oldenburg and several other small states ruled by the tsar's German relatives.
    Napoleon in Tilsit.

The treaty with Prussia stripped the country of about half its territory: Cottbus passed to Saxony, the left bank of the Elbe was awarded to the newly-created Kingdom of Westphalia, Białystok was given to Russia (which led to the creation of the Belostok Oblast), and the rest of the Polish lands in Prussian possession since the Second and Third Partitions became the quasi-independent Duchy of Warsaw. Prussia was to reduce the army to 40,000 and to pay 100,000,000 francs. Talleyrand had advised Napoleon to pursue milder terms; the treaties marked an important stage in his estrangement from the emperor.

Many observers in Prussia and Russia viewed the treaty as unequal and as a national humiliation. The Russian soldiers refused to follow Napoleon's commands, as the Lisbon Incident demonstrated to all Europe. Napoleon's plans to marry the tsar's sister were stymied by Russian royalty. Cooperation between Russia and France eventually broke down in 1810 when the tsar began to allow neutral ships to land in Russian ports. In 1812, Napoleon crossed the Neman river and invaded Russia, ending any vestige of alliance.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    (WTF)^-1 = (F^-1)(T^-1)(W^-1)

But at least FTW(WTF)^-1 = I
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    DOMINATION pg 200 woot woot
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Im starting to get irritated, its been down for over two hours now and they arent telling us when the hell they will be back up.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Meh Typical Pre launch festivities. Not surprised, nor does it effect how I view the game.. Status quo for Launches.

The world isnt ending.. The game isnt broken.. if this is your first ever launch of an MMO.. welcome to reality.
    Anyone who says different is looking at the MMO through rose colored glasses, and has a faulty memory.

I cant think of but one game at all that had a "perfect" launch.. and it didnt last long. Anyone remember Auto Assault? Didnt think so.. Only reason it had such a perfect launch.. Only 1200 people bought it. It didnt live long.

Take server downtime like this with a grain of salt.. stop the moaning and crying, and rest assured they arnt sitting around with a thumb in their butt.. they are working to get their server back up.

Personally I thought the "mega" server idea for this game was a bad idea.. Figured it would be to popular.
    Seems it is.

Dont get me wrong, I want to play to.. but.. this is how MMOs Launch.. deal with it. Or go buy some TRIBBLE PS3 game for 50 bucks and finish it in 30 hours.

Either way.. I am here for the long haul.

Welcome to being a consumer sheep. Accept everything and never demand quality as this poster just typed.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    "guys spend a lot of time and money getting things the love to go down, so why all the complaining here?"

We are just wasting time, i dont think anyone is that ****ed waht do you expect with a mmo launch
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    alaska is in the united states, not canada.....
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    If we are lucky, maybe the server will be back online by monday. If those morons at cryptic would bring more servers online, this would not be a problem. Just goes to show how stupid they are at only having ONE server.

There is definitely some stupid in this post, but I don't think its Cryptics'...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    novafluxx wrote: »
    No point in posting, since it won't be read anyway

I read it.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    okay....starting to get real old now
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I clicked last page on top and it brought me to page 176 and when it loaded there was 182 pages. Impressive

You my friend, need to read more often. j/k :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    roach3000 wrote: »
    at this rate the servers will be up when Star Trek The Next Generation Online goes live

LOL! :D:D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    novafluxx wrote: »
    No point in posting, since it won't be read anyway

true nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

etc boredom
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    What I don't understand is how so many people hit Lt. Commander so fast.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Whohoo, finished my joint tax return. Great idea! ST:O Down = Gettin' s&*^ done!:D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I think the "You are not allowed to log into this server" error message stinks, as it implies I've done something wrong.

The message should read something line "We're sorry that overwhelming demand has melted our servers, so they can't serve you right now. We will fix things as soon as we can."

:mad:

Thanks for posting. How does it feel to have the sun revolve around you?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Originally Posted by CreeamyGoodnss
    Ok I got another one of these problems.

A detective responds to a report of a murder. He walks into a the room and sees a man who's been shot lying on the floor. Also in the room is an overturned table, a smoking gun and 53 bicycles. Why was the man murdered?

He was not murdered he simply came home and saw the 53 bicycles in his home. In a fit of anger he kicked the table over. Now the deceased man turns to his computer boots it up and selects Star Trek Online and begins his (virtual) trek across the stars. After waiting ten minutes of failed logins he discovers to his dismay that the servers are down for emergency repairs. By now this unfortunate man is verging on a state of extreme aggravation when he hears the familiar sound coming from his computer to declare that he has a new email. The poor chap checks his email , hoping its an email from Cryptic with an explanation as to why the servers are down. The email pops up on his screen but its not from Cryptic but from his Girlfriend explaining that she is deeply in love with his mother and that the two are running away to start a new life.

This was the last straw for this poor chap now realizing that his life was now well and truly in the ******* he opens the bottom drawer of his workstation and draws his .45 USP and blows his brains out all over the place.

Now enters the detective....

Maybe Cryptic will have the bloody server back up by now .:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Pew... Pew... Pew, Pew, Pew!!

BANG.

Ahhhh, dead again.

Hey this is FUN! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Just sstarted cooking a pizza... I woonder while will be ready first... it or the servers.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So one of the people here has the album that Nimoy put out call Music From Outerspace as an avatar. I have that album. I got it autographed by Nimoy in full Spock makeup at the now defunct Korvette's in NYC. He signed it Spock.

I wonder what it's worth.?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i want 2000
This discussion has been closed.