test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

EU players 2nd rate already?

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Everyone is saying EU 2nd rate (im from EUbtw) but what about poor aussies.
    edited January 2010
    Xanusus wrote: »

4)The majority of players/money is coming from the U.S. which means that downtimes will coincide with U.S. schedules since that is where their bread gets buttered the most.

Sorry but as someone else has asked before where is the proof of this ?

Hey im not complaining just passing some time until the wife gets home and I have no time to pass lol, a few people keep saying this and although it is likely it is not definate im sure.
    edited January 2010
    Sorry but as someone else has asked before where is the proof of this ?

I'd like to know the real figures as well, anyone knows if Cryptic will publish them ?
    edited January 2010
    tavos wrote:
    I mean who wants to work at 3AM in the morning!

I work at 3am and i like it.
    edited January 2010
    Mr.Been wrote:
    I hope the will make a fair cycle for maintaince in US and European primetime.

I live in South Korea, what about those of us in the Pacific, huh? Someone always gets hosed. This time, it's you.
    edited January 2010
    ELITE-Kaos wrote: »
    Just to say that bringing the game down on a Saturday morning at 11am until 1pm is completly fubar!

Is this to become the norm that we EU players get downtime during our prime time? Why not try this during the USA's daytime hours? Affraid of all the hate that would generate?

Please try to find a time that would not impose on either set of players...

Now I have to go shopping :(

So it begins /yawn.

Its a new MMO get a grip and Chillax
    edited January 2010
    Why not try this during the USA's daytime hours?
    Er.. they did during beta, and lots of Americans were complaining that the game went down during their primetime.

Any time you pick is going to be inconvenient for someone in the world. It's a bad time for me, but I'm not complaining about it.
    edited January 2010
    Cheditor wrote: »
    Everyone is saying EU 2nd rate (im from EUbtw) but what about poor aussies.

Aussies come 3rd, lol sry. j/k
    edited January 2010
    Evilpro wrote: »
    Cryptic is based in the US.

Ok so why not do it in US day time?
    edited January 2010
    Well I'm in the UK and I don't have a problem with it. Computerrs can't just be switched on and not restarted, Servers are a whole different level!

They are perfecting things as best they can before the real launch and thats good news. Also if you play constantly all day you might miss a good patch.

PLUS

Its a chance for a lot of people to WASH!!! lol I have no doubt that there are people playing this game until they drop then waking up and going straight on the computer.

Its stinking up sector space!
    edited January 2010
    I agree that 2h is not much and yes there is stuff I can do but I and many others would not want this to become a regular thing.

I like the idea of swaping the times between the USA and EU play times as it is very difficult to accomodate everyone...

This isnt eu "primetime", this is LAZY NO JOB IDIOTS primetime.
    edited January 2010
    Bigknees wrote: »
    Er.. they did during beta, and lots of Americans were complaining that the game went down during their primetime.

A lot of American players couldn't play during beta because they were at work and the server was down when they returned home. It happened very often, I'm glad this one won't bother too many of them.
    edited January 2010
    just no pleasing some people :(
    edited January 2010
    oOWhiteOo wrote: »

If it was done during the US daytime then it would be the EU evening/night and everyone would complain that its unfair on the EU types.

Its only 2 hours and from what I can gather its being done to improve things. They can't please all the people all the time :)
    edited January 2010
    Football is so tribal and full of pansies... I never understood it. Now, rugby - that's a man's game.

:D

Im an in the US and i will back you up 100% rugby beats Football any day of week.. I only played a few times myself and Thank God i wore a mouth piece... :D
    edited January 2010
    Tricksty wrote:
    Well come on mate, you did not really think Iraq was about world peace did you??? to some extent you have to agree that your government does some weird stuff sometimes....But that would be like every other government....

I just read that the Australian government paid 2 dudes 20 million to travel aroudn for 5 years, building sand castles to find out which beach had the best sand to make sand castles with??????????? WTF????

Anywho :)

Bro! Our bad! look man, we just had Clinton come out of office and we figured, Hey, we couldn't possibly find anyone who could TRIBBLE this up! So we elected the kid who thought he was a sheriff or something.

You got to admit the first year was great, every time he was on TV it was like the national comedy hour, you couldn't wait to hear what funny words he came up with this afternoon, and he would dress up! Sometimes he thought he was a cowboy, sometimes he thought he was a fighter pilot, it was funny **** you gotta admit!

Then someone had to go ram a few planes into our buildings and anyone who has dealt with the mentally handicapped knows you don't hit em, cause they are gonna come at you swinging with the strength of 10 men.

But we are making up for it, see we got the black guy in office now, eh?
    edited January 2010
    They dont care a dime about the Europeans, Taco and other happenings so fare have showed us that.

We forced them to use METRIC system and they'll never forgive us. :D

And, by the way, does US people really work at 0500 local?

Er, we don't use the metric system in the US except for specific applications. At least in the states I've lived in, which is quite a few. It's still gallons of milk and miles-per-hour in general use. Man, could you imagine what Texas would do if the Federal government mandated a switch to the metric system? :eek:

Yes, many people do work at 0500 local. Either at work or on the road.
    edited January 2010
    SpaceFork wrote:
    Political TRIBBLE over da Interwebz

*sigh*

=> Ignore list.
    edited January 2010
    Well, actually, I'm happy they patch and hopefully fix my dropping off the server issue.
    And that on a saturday?

I'm from EU and yes, I'd would rather have liked it last night while I was sleeping....but it's not. We'll live. And well, I hope they don't have to regularly patch on a saturday(for ours and cryptics employees sake :p ).

To the people who feel that (being american = most customers of cryptic = most rights): before you make such statements, check facts first. And even if it were the case????

I personally believe that the reason maintanance is done at this time of day: If they TRIBBLE up they have a full workday to fix it instead of a full work evening/night (something we don't appreciate perhaps but their families probably do)

Anyway, my 5 cents
    edited January 2010
    oOWhiteOo wrote: »

Because, most of their customers are in the US, so they cater to them.
    edited January 2010
    clstreak wrote: »
    Im an in the US and i will back you up 100% rugby beats Football any day of week.. I only played a few times myself and Thank God i wore a mouth piece... :D

I don't know, I caught an Australian Rules Football game on TV once. Never understood the rules, but it was sure fun to watch. :)
    edited January 2010
    Munx wrote: »
    Tbh as a Eu player my biggest concern isnt the 2 hour downtime at this hour, tough id prefer it if the downtime was 2 hours earlier..

My biggest concern is that even tough the cryptic server is supposedly located in boston, I get a insanely unstabile 190-260 ping from norway. ( changes between those numbers at a mad rate >.< )

As opposed to the 130-150 ping I should be getting.

But really, a ping of 190 to 260 in a game like this does not matter that much!!!

And i used to live in Norway as well.. Awesome place ey??? :)

Men kom igjen no, det er ikke sa viktig, siden du spiller ikke et fps spill......

Sorry about the bad norwegian.....
    edited January 2010
    AraYm wrote: »
    Dude thats so out of place. No reason to start a political debate because of a server maintenence.

really just open a new thread if you want to start a political flaming/Discussion

SIR! We are trying to mock each others countries of origin and possibly start WWIII, I will ask you to kindly respect that!
    edited January 2010
    SpaceFork wrote:
    SIR! We are trying to mock each others countries of origin and possibly start WWIII, I will ask you to kindly respect that!

i lol'd :D
    edited January 2010
    galandrias wrote: »
    prolly cause their are more pleople from us playing this game then europeans

In general i think that they chose the time for their maintenance well. With one server for the whole world you can't make it right for everyone! I rather have such downtimes beofre or round about lunchtime then later when i have time to play after work.

But to Galandrias i want to say: What makes you think that more Americans play STO then EU players? The EU is the biggest Market in the World for PC Games since the average American does not have the High-Tech PC that is required for most modern games and we have alltogether as many Citizens in our Nations combined then the US. So, If you have any facts and precise Numbers about how many STO Game Items have been sold in the US and the EU (which i doubt you have), feel free to post them to bolster up your claim otherwise i would say that this is just wishful thinking coming from thin air. ;)
    edited January 2010
    Evilpro wrote: »
    Because, most of their customers are in the US, so they cater to them.

I thought it would be because that'd push it into Europe's afternoon?
    edited January 2010
    After 14 Expansions of EQ, you guys are complaining about 2 hours? EQ's servers would come down daily, multiple times, for about a month after a release of a patch/expansion.
    Please un-check the moan and groan skill.

The more patches, the more bugs fixes and general stability we will get.

Did it ever occur to any of you that the reasons may have nothing to do with Who, What, Where, but the When is something that's hardware or system related to the timezone THEY are in?

IDK, like I'm sure they use a lot of computers in the office and most of the systems have to be shut down while this goes on. Why do it when everyone is at work? Do you want to stay late or get up early? I'd be getting up early.

Peace, Calm, Serenity. Read a book while you wait?

They said maintenance. Please quit imagining why and making up reasons without any idea whatsoever about the true nature of the problem. Peace Neighbors.
    edited January 2010
    SpaceFork wrote:

You may do that, but in the proper place then, not in this thread ;-P
    edited January 2010
    Tricksty wrote:
    Well come on mate, you did not really think Iraq was about world peace did you??? to some extent you have to agree that your government does some weird stuff sometimes....But that would be like every other government....

I just read that the Australian government paid 2 dudes 20 million to travel aroudn for 5 years, building sand castles to find out which beach had the best sand to make sand castles with??????????? WTF????

Anywho :)
    You gotta be kidding me... This is Star Trek Online not some political forum. Take your USA bashing elsewhere, fruitcake.
    edited January 2010
    Just to say that bringing the game down on a Saturday morning at 11am until 1pm is completly fubar!

Is this to become the norm that we EU players get downtime during our prime time? Why not try this during the USA's daytime hours? Affraid of all the hate that would generate?

Please try to find a time that would not impose on either set of players...

Now I have to go shopping :(

You know... The time difference is between 6 and 8 hours (dep
This discussion has been closed.