test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

EU players 2nd rate already?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Just to say that bringing the game down on a Saturday morning at 11am until 1pm is completly fubar!

Is this to become the norm that we EU players get downtime during our prime time? Why not try this during the USA's daytime hours? Affraid of all the hate that would generate?

Please try to find a time that would not impose on either set of players...

Now I have to go shopping :(
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Cryptic is based in the US.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It's only two hours, two hours is nothing compared to the five plus most other MMOs force on you. In any case, if you'd been up as long as I have, you'd have played plenty enough of the game to want to take a breather.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I guess the next maintanance will be in the US prime times, so both sides can get their fair share of whines...its noon anyway, you should have lunch with family and enjoy some tea. After all 2h isnt much.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Uh, its early am in their time.

Seriously, that theyve even bothered TO do it at the early am's is a good thing.

They could have done it mid-day there time which wouldve been EU prime/evening and american mornings.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    prolly cause their are more pleople from us playing this game then europeans
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm from Europe also and i also find it annoying, the maintenace started at 12:00 Saturday where i live.
    I suggest alternating the maintenace so it evens out for all.
    Next time do it do it 6 hours earlier or so.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i got no problem with that ... launch so far went really smooth imo ...

and even tough it affects me living in GMT+1 i understand that they are based in the US and thus the time difference accounts for that(naturally)...
    dunno if cryptic is based west or east coast but over there it should be something like 8 in the morning
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I agree that 2h is not much and yes there is stuff I can do but I and many others would not want this to become a regular thing.

I like the idea of swaping the times between the USA and EU play times as it is very difficult to accomodate everyone...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Powner wrote:
    I'm from Europe also and i also find it annoying, the maintenace started at 12:00 Saturday where i live.
    I suggest alternating the maintenace so it evens out for all.
    Next time do it do it 6 hours earlier or so.

Why would they alternate it instead of sticking to a steady schedule? Also, there is more customers in CA/US than in Europe.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Not gonna happan im afraid. No matter what time they do maintence someone is gonna lose out. During beta alot of the time was prime time US when they brought it down. And to be honest 11am on a saturday morning isnt as bad as say 7 oclock on friday or something like that.
    This might not be there new maintence time. But at least its early in the day and not late on.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    2 hours is not going to kill anyone...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Evilpro wrote: »
    Cryptic is based in the US.

But have chosen to trade globally and run a global MMO and so their physical location is entirely irrelevant!
    Alexraptor wrote: »
    2 hours is not going to kill anyone...

So presumably it wont matter if its during US Primet time.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    hard to even it out when itls all one giant server played across the world...
    i was playing with my uk friend past 3 hours..

this is the best time to do it as the numbers are low... of course it would inconvience some people but got to do it when not alot of people are playing..
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I really thought that it can't get any worse than OB forums.. how wrong i was.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I thought Beta was for maintenance and patching? Not our paid time...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ELITE-Kaos wrote: »
    Just to say that bringing the game down on a Saturday morning at 11am until 1pm is completly fubar!

Is this to become the norm that we EU players get downtime during our prime time? Why not try this during the USA's daytime hours? Affraid of all the hate that would generate?

Please try to find a time that would not impose on either set of players...

Now I have to go shopping :(

It's a world server so no matter what time they do it, someone will be effected. Suck it up.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    B1g_Dav3 wrote: »

Can you really be this ignorant?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    They dont care a dime about the Europeans, Taco and other happenings so fare have showed us that.

We forced them to use METRIC system and they'll never forgive us. :D

And, by the way, does US people really work at 0500 local?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I hope the will make a fair cycle for maintaince in US and European primetime.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I`m not too bothered. Means the kids get fed afterall ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2010

is this your first MMO??

Patching and maintenance happen all the time in MMO. Especially on days like Launch day / Early release day/maintenance days/ patch day.

Get used to it, or play something else because it will be going on for the liftetime of the game. And that applies to any MMO.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Cry me a river.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It is very funny if you think about it, the maintenance is at a God awful time in the U.S. , Although a much better time would have been about 10pm U.S. time after all they would have had 12 hours play time already whilst we have 6 hours if you go to bed at 12pm then start at 9am and get 2 hours till 11am for a total of 8 hours. (then many Americans would be complaining).

And what if the maintenance goes wrong? who cares it is in European time!

I personally get the feeling though that Europe will allways be second rate in this game, we were on original information regarding orders, we were with regards to the headstart start time, we are with pre-order bonuses (no reason why we could not get the game the same time as the U.S. just because of when Europe traditionally does releases) ,and now we have this server maintenance at a time which is very stupid for a U.S. timezone that is -8 GMT, I mean who wants to work at 3AM in the morning!

You will find most flames from U.S. players no doubt by the way as it is in their interest.

O.K. rant over , now for the thoughtful part... It is very possible that Cryptic only came up with for a fix for the various issues very recently, and figured that some notice of the servers going down would be nice for all those very nice people that have bought their game and are playing it, and so far on the whole seem to be enjoying it (after all if you were not you would not be bothered if you could not play it ! ).
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Urantia wrote: »
    Cry me a river.

Don't forget to build me a bridge, I don't want to be stuck on his side of that damned river!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    you should go listen to Rammstein - Amerika while the maintenance is on...if you listen to it enough then you will understand why maintenance is at times that don't hinder american players.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Actually if you do the math, based on the monthly subscription rate, your "paid time" amounts to $0.02 USD per hour. So you're "out" $0.04, if the maintenance goes the full 2 hours.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Your one to complain How would you like to be in Australia and have the servers go down at 10pm? Chill out it's only two hours dude then you got all day.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but these people who actually made the game for us and been working so hard to push out patches and maintenance... they're actually human beings aren't they?

I mean.. it's not as if they're androids able to work non-stop.

Do some house chores, it's what I'm doing.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I suspect maintainence will always be at "primetime" in the EU, as to most Americans, nothing exists outside their borders.

Some recent statistics showed that only about half of all americans hold a passport, and roughly the same percentage have never even been outside their own state.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    galandrias wrote: »
    prolly cause their are more pleople from us playing this game then europeans

Evilpro wrote: »
    ..Also, there is more customers in CA/US than in Europe.

Are you sure about that?

Take a look at this & this.

You'll please note that Europeans more than double the population of USA. So, technically, the USA only make up 33% of the possible market, with Europe making up the other 66%.

Do you know how big 'Europe' actually is? :)
This discussion has been closed.