test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

EU players 2nd rate already?

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    tellytart wrote: »
    I suspect maintainence will always be at "primetime" in the EU, as to most Americans, nothing exists outside their borders.

Some recent statistics showed that only about half of all americans hold a passport, and roughly the same percentage have never even been outside their own state.

Yep.

/10char
    edited January 2010
    galandrias wrote: »
    prolly cause their are more pleople from us playing this game then europeans

You got proof of that?
    edited January 2010
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but these people who actually made the game for us and been working so hard to push out patches and maintenance... they're actually human beings aren't they?

I mean.. it's not as if they're androids able to work non-stop.

Do some house chores, it's what I'm doing.

Rubbish. Having worked as a CSA myself, I know for a fact that you have to be omnipotent, omnipresent, psychic, and capable of bending space time itself.
    edited January 2010
    The OP is....

............................................________
    ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
    .............................,.-”...................................“-.,
    .........................,/...............................................”:,
    .....................,?......................................................\,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:”........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
    ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
    ...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
    ................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
    edited January 2010
    Get used to it. If they will handle it like they did with CO after launch, we're facing five consecutive weeks of almost daily patching at ALWAYS this time. Yes if you are in Australia it sucks big time. If you are in Europe and play in the mornings, it sucks. Yes Crypic is US based, in case you wonder why they picked that time (but as a side note, I am not totally sure, but I don't think NA has more players than EU, at least population-wisely EU is a lot larger than NA).
    edited January 2010
    Katarine wrote:
    Are you sure about that?

Take a look at this & this.

You'll please note that Europeans more than double the population of USA. So, technically, the USA only make up 33% of the possible market, with Europe making up the other 66%.

Do you know how big 'Europe' actually is? :)

Hey im all for proving the US is not No1 in anything at all but you are forgetting asia and australasia, you know a few people there too...
    edited January 2010
    Good grief! It's not ideal, no.

Here's what I'm about to do: go for a run (5km), take a shower, have lunch.

By that time the server will be back up and Lieutenant Dedemona Diana Eldritch will be back in the centre chair of the USS Liberty, and probably arguing with her science officer who thinks that he has found a way to remove the Borg Nanite infection that keeps the Captain's skin so pale and laced with blue veins. Touble is, the cool and somewhat aged Vulcan scientist can't understand that she is vain, gothic and she likes it as it is, thank you very much...

:D
    edited January 2010
    Evilpro wrote: »
    Why would they alternate it instead of sticking to a steady schedule? Also, there is more customers in CA/US than in Europe.

People cannot possibly know this
    edited January 2010
    I live in EU and i can´t say that the downtime is on our primetime.

Primetime use to be in the afternoon when people come home from work.

This downtime is perfect for me. Now i have time to make dinner and to eat in a descent time of the day :). And then i have all afternoon and evening to play.
    edited January 2010
    ELITE-Kaos wrote: »
    Just to say that bringing the game down on a Saturday morning at 11am until 1pm is completly fubar!

Is this to become the norm that we EU players get downtime during our prime time? Why not try this during the USA's daytime hours? Affraid of all the hate that would generate?

Please try to find a time that would not impose on either set of players...

Now I have to go shopping :(

well lets see, being made in America, based in America, and having most of your subscribers in America....

Face it, someone is going to be missing out when servers come down, there are 24 prime times a day but it seems that only the Europeans demand to be catered to, I've noticed this allot in beta as well, European players are the most high and mighty people I've met in this game.
    edited January 2010
    Whats the stress people? I'm happy they are always patching and updating etc. Show they care as much as we do about STO. They are just making the game better one bit at a time. I'm living in Germany, so we get 12-2pm. Already was awake this morning and played for a couple hours. Now time to have a shower. Go outside for coffee with friends and come back in the afternoon watch Liverpool FC do badly again :( then cheer myself up with a good game of STO with friends.

Massive Thank You to the team of Cryptic for giving up your Saturday so we can enjoy Star Trek Online's new features with this update :)
    edited January 2010
    hammi69uk wrote: »
    watch Liverpool FC do badly again :(

made me lol :)
    edited January 2010
    Evilpro wrote: »
    Why would they alternate it instead of sticking to a steady schedule? Also, there is more customers in CA/US than in Europe.

So you mean that we from Europe are second rate customers?
    edited January 2010
    Uhm.. excuse my ignorance but...

How is 11am-1pm "primetime"?

Maybe things are different in Europe but... primetime here is roughly 8pm-11pm. For a game.. maybe 5pm-11pm.

Sleep in. Gamers have no business being up before 1pm on weekends, anyway.
    edited January 2010
    Having had a look at a few fleets before joining my current one, it does seem a large percentage of the player base is US based. The downtime is annoying, I'm UK based, but I'd sort of expected this. The guys doing the maintainance in the US are entitled to have lives too, and at least my girlfriend is happy (for a couple of hours, at least....).
    edited January 2010
    Rikaelus wrote: »

Sleep in. Gamers have no business being up before 1pm on weekends, anyway.

/end thread
    edited January 2010
    At least its not like WOW maintenance and goes for 10 hours
    edited January 2010
    hammi69uk wrote: »
    watch Liverpool FC do badly again :(

Football is so tribal and full of pansies... I never understood it. Now, rugby - that's a man's game.

edited January 2010
    Football is so tribal and full of pansies... I never understood it. Now, rugby - that's a man's game.

Men with odd shaped balls and all. :eek:
    edited January 2010
    im from europe GMT+1 too but i've no problem with the downtime at 12:00 but seriously.. is it really neccessary to have a maintenance downtime every day?
    once a week would be ok but every day? oO
    edited January 2010
    Just to say that bringing the game down on a Saturday morning at 11am until 1pm is completly fubar!

Is this to become the norm that we EU players get downtime during our prime time? Why not try this during the USA's daytime hours? Affraid of all the hate that would generate?

Now I have to go shopping :(

I feel for you I realy do. However remember that the server is in the US and that when cryptic designed the game the US market was their primary market. That dosn't mean the EU market is lesser or anything just that they prejected that most of their players would come from the US market. With that said the average standard is to mess with the server late at night... since the server is in Cali (with me) that means that late during the night (our night) they fix the server. Its not that they're picking on you its more they're just working around their schedual. Remember with 1 server someone is ALWAYS going to get "picked on"... its not like UO where they had a server for every time zone. So I'd go play Mass Effect 2 for two hours if I were you... get some lunch and then play till your heart can't stand anymore trek once the server comes back up. As for me... I'm off to bed.
    edited January 2010
    I don't find this much of a problem. Sure, I'd much rather be online right now, but instead I cram in a bit of Mass Effect 2, have lunch or surf the web. So what (it was similar, but with longer downtimes for EU people playing Star Wars Galaxies; well at least in 2004 it was). I'd prefer if downtimes were during weekdays, but I won't die if that's not the case.
    edited January 2010
    I really hope the OP is on a wind up ????

For gods sake man get a life all through beta 99% of the time all downtime was in PST primetime play a game like eve online it has downtime evryday from about 11am for a hour or so live with it man please.
    edited January 2010

With Americans, Aussies and Europeans, I dare you to find a three hour slot, where no one is disturbed in his playing? :D

But this topic is as old as the One server solution. Only stupid is to make it a political US / EU thread like you did... :)
    edited January 2010
    SpaceFork wrote:
    well lets see, being made in America, based in America, and having most of your subscribers in America....

Yet another unproven so-called fact.
    edited January 2010
    Hey im all for proving the US is not No1 in anything at all but you are forgetting asia and australasia, you know a few people there too...

My apologies, the specific posts I quoted specifically referred to Europe, so I only used that as an example. I am well aware there are many players from other parts of the world too. Would actually be very interesting to see the actual demography of the STO playerbase. Anyone got the time to try make a chart, or something?
    edited January 2010
    To be honest, I'd say this is the ideal time for maintence, most people in the States are alseep and most Europeans will be having lunch. Really does feel like the dest time to do it.
    edited January 2010
    SpaceFork wrote:

Face it, someone is going to be missing out when servers come down, there are 24 prime times a day but it seems that only the Europeans demand to be catered to, I've noticed this allot in beta as well, European players are the most high and mighty people I've met in this game.

You must have missed all the 'complaint' threads from US players in beta when the server was down during your prime time. ;)
    edited January 2010
    Whichever time zone provides the greatest profit should be given most preferential treatment. Simple economics, you don't anger the largest segment of your customer base.
    edited January 2010
    Isharik wrote: »
    You must have missed all the 'complaint' threads from US players in beta when the server was down during your prime time. ;)

the OP must have too.
This discussion has been closed.