test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Costume Request Thread

Comments

• galactickirigalactickiri Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    What I'd like to see for the upcoming summer event are more swimsuit styles, especially some conservative, vintage ones for the more modest ladies of the galaxy, think 1940s-50s. Or even 1890s for the super modest. Complete with matching parasols, even!

Even some of the early bikinis were fuller cut but still classy. I'd go for that, but I'd still like to see some of these pieces integrated into other costume types.
  • alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    I'd like to see the Mirror Romulan uniforms have a no-undershirt option to give them that sex appeal that the mirror universe is all about.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
    The KDF and RP Terran outfit are pretty much lacking in comparison. Since the Terrans aren't an existing faction in the Prime Universe, I feel all these costumes should be universal in their use.
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    The KDF and RP Terran outfit are pretty much lacking in comparison. Since the Terrans aren't an existing faction in the Prime Universe, I feel all these costumes should be universal in their use.

"Universal" is a slippery slope. I expect Klingons of any reality with an extant Klingon polity, to be usually wearing the appropriate uniforms/clothing of that polity, for example.

My biggest plug, is for the completion of the Tal'Shiar Uniform(s), followed closely the release of a Romulan Nemesis Uniform, and the ever inquired ENT M.A.C.O. Uniform. Fixing the pip issues on the WoK Uniform, and Mirror TOS Uniforms, would also be nice. B)
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,453 Community Moderator
    bltrrn wrote: »

"Universal" is a slippery slope. I expect Klingons of any reality with an extant Klingon polity, to be usually wearing the appropriate uniforms/clothing of that polity, for example.

My biggest plug, is for the completion of the Tal'Shiar Uniform(s), followed closely the release of a Romulan Nemesis Uniform, and the ever inquired ENT M.A.C.O. Uniform. Fixing the pip issues on the WoK Uniform, and Mirror TOS Uniforms, would also be nice. B)

Pip issue on the WoK Uniforms? What's the issue? We got a full rank set for it...
    I would like a rank set for the mirror TOS though, as the female top is apparently supposed to have some kind of rank insignia but doesn't.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)

Point. Although, technically Feds would not be wearing Terran outfits either. Unless you want to consider contact with the Empire making the new tops and hotpants a fashion trend that managed to get past Starfleet dress codes....

rattler2 wrote: »

Pip issue on the WoK Uniforms? What's the issue? We got a full rank set for it...
    I would like a rank set for the mirror TOS though, as the female top is apparently supposed to have some kind of rank insignia but doesn't.

The Admiral and Fleet Admiral pips has clipping issues when I last tried one on, but that was when lvl 50 was unlocked. XD

Point. Although, technically Feds would not be wearing Terran outfits either. Unless you want to consider contact with the Empire making the new tops and hotpants a fashion trend that managed to get past Starfleet dress codes....

That may be, but you must consider those who RP not being associated with the United Federation of Planets. The same goes for the Tal'Shiar Uniform, which has yet to be completed. ;)
    R E M A I N

True. Or maybe are moonlighting outside their stated faction...
    True. Or maybe are moonlighting outside their stated faction...

That too.
    R E M A I N

• ravenkorr117ravenkorr117 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    MACO's Commando Rescue uniform and weapon from Star Trek Enterprise would be pretty awesome
    I'd like to see a costume collection pack of Triskelion outfits from TOS. I'm sort of surprised that this hasn't been touched at all in content.

original.jpg
    I'd like to see a costume collection pack of Triskelion outfits from TOS. I'm sort of surprised that this hasn't been touched at all in content.

original.jpg

This is closer to a TNG game, than a TOS one. Anything from the Original Series (and first 6 movies) are considered secondary, unfortunately. :/
    R E M A I N

This is closer to a TNG game, than a TOS one. Anything from the Original Series (and first 6 movies) are considered secondary, unfortunately. :/

Yeah, but...time travel, which the galaxy is expanding into now. Time travel and/or mirrors, because I don't believe anyone ever covered the topic of Mirror Universe Triskelion....and if I had to guess, the Terrans would not have messed with the status quo too much there.

...other than to take over the operation.

• bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Honestly, what I would love to see right now (yes besides the ENT Maco) is an MU version of ALL the main uniforms. WoK, TNG, AGT, DS9, and even throw in a MU Wells.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    Honestly, what I would love to see right now (yes besides the ENT Maco) is an MU version of ALL the main uniforms. WoK, TNG, AGT, DS9, and even throw in a MU Wells.​​

That would be interesting; though for some, it may be just a slightly different combadge (with some midrift, for the ladies, of course).
    R E M A I N

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,453 Community Moderator
    edited March 2016

I made some mockups... before I got the TMP uniforms.
    Mirror%20Uniforms.png
    Idea was darker colors, and I inverted the departmental colors on the Wells. Used the Enterprise mirror patch because on everything but the TOS Mirror top the TOS Terran badge is backwards. Also made use of the Yesterday's Enteprise belts, Ent Dagger belt, and the TOS sash to add to the look. And note for the STO uniforms, this was before we had the Mirror revamp so no STO mirror uniforms. I just used open jacket for the Sierra 1 and the Dress uniform for the Odyssey. Open Sierra 1 would look more appropriate for a Mirror uniform, and the Odyssey Dress looked more military.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited March 2016

Mirror%20Uniforms.png
    Idea was darker colors, and I inverted the departmental colors on the Wells. Used the Enterprise mirror patch because on everything but the TOS Mirror top the TOS Terran badge is backwards. Also made use of the Yesterday's Enteprise belts, Ent Dagger belt, and the TOS sash to add to the look. And note for the STO uniforms, this was before we had the Mirror revamp so no STO mirror uniforms. I just used open jacket for the Sierra 1 and the Dress uniform for the Odyssey. Open Sierra 1 would look more appropriate for a Mirror uniform, and the Odyssey Dress looked more military.

Very nice. It would still look much nicer looking, if the Mirror ENT belt didn't warp so much with the hips.
    Post edited by bltrrn on
    R E M A I N

Mirror%20Uniforms.png

These are good.

edited March 2016
    I'm a costume fiend. I even made some good cosplay outfits of Black Widow, Tanya Adams from Red Alert 3, a Ghostbuster, Lara Croft, and a generic member of Stargate Command. All on my Trill main. And the best part is, for Black Widow... its almost all stock outfit parts. Only non stock item was an open jacket Sierra 1.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Some more restrictions removal requests for the Off Duty and Beachwear categories:

* Female Orion-exclusive jewelry (arm attach, wrist attach, collars) made unrestricted and species wide in Off Duty and both Beachwear Bare Chest categories
    ** Make these options available for Ferasans in Uniform, too. They already have ear and nose rings available in Uniform, it sets a precedent for jewelry being allowed on their uniforms :)
    ** It goes beyond the simple restrictions lift request, but some male jewelry/accessories would be nice.
    * Orion bare chest/bare legs options available in Off Duty and Beachwear Separates for Orions.
    ** Swimwear options available as alternate Uniform tops/bottoms for Orions, since face it, they're running around in bikinis anyway.
    * Formal Necklace available in Off Duty Bare Chest (I believe it's already in Beachwear?), and in Uniform for Orions
    * Ferasan earrings and nose rings available to Caitians in non-Uniform/Armor categories.
    * Make the Padded and Paneled gloves available outside Uniform.

Some Uniform requests, too:

* Please reconsider making the Iconian Vest restricted to Off Duty. I'd love to have it for my boffs!
    * All of the Mercenary lowers were made available in Uniform, it's time for the uppers to be unrestricted, too!
    * Could the Panels and Pockets cargo pants be made available to KDF characters?
    Post edited by dragonsbrethren on
    I'm a costume fiend. I even made some good cosplay outfits of Black Widow, Tanya Adams from Red Alert 3, a Ghostbuster, Lara Croft, and a generic member of Stargate Command. All on my Trill main. And the best part is, for Black Widow... its almost all stock outfit parts. Only non stock item was an open jacket Sierra 1.

Between the Terran, Mercenary and Risa summer packs, there's ample choices for Lara now.

Between the Terran, Mercenary and Risa summer packs, there's ample choices for Lara now.

Don't forget the winter jackets. Those might be good too.
    Don't forget the winter jackets. Those might be good too.

True. The bare midriff jackets work with the Terran short shorts.

If anyone would like to see Cosplayer Krystal Jade, I'll screenshot some of her outfits and post 'em. One thing I love about STO is the freedom granted by the Tailor. You're not locked into one look like in most MMOs.
  • nunoespadinha#0711 nunoespadinha Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    If anyone would like to see Cosplayer Krystal Jade, I'll screenshot some of her outfits and post 'em. One thing I love about STO is the freedom granted by the Tailor. You're not locked into one look like in most MMOs.

Do it! :) we will be waiting...​​
    U.S.S. Achiever
    Junae, Girquay, Meman'Ikan, Deanna, Elisa Flores, Nuno Espadinha, Heidi, Kolez, T'Vrell, Zarva, Vocan, Oeshi
    Zv9NH5Z.png
    BEHOLD! Rattler the Cosplayer!
    Trill%20Cosplay.png

This is probably as close to real cosplay as I will ever get.
    Never get to go to any conventions due to lack of funds. >.<
    edited April 2016
    BEHOLD! Rattler the Cosplayer!
    Trill%20Cosplay.png

This is probably as close to real cosplay as I will ever get.
    Never get to go to any conventions due to lack of funds. >.<

Very nice. I might have to invest in the 21st cen formal attire, because of an Iotian character that I have in the works. Still, the more customization we can get, the better that we will be off.
    Post edited by bltrrn on
    R E M A I N

edited March 2016
    I recently made 3 more outfits.

Lucy: Fairy Tail (not perfect but didn't have a sleeveless shirt that wasn't cropped)
    D5C062EA33F86D3AA309AE63DDCC9C2DDF1F9E01

Erza Scarlet: Fairy Tail
    EECC069C2CEF18371D092342D406B2EE5B43949F

Saber: Fate/Zero
    25A58DA767BC865090E7433DA98CC16E1F684916
  • nunoespadinha#0711 nunoespadinha Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    Very nice!!!! i like them!!​​
    U.S.S. Achiever
    Junae, Girquay, Meman'Ikan, Deanna, Elisa Flores, Nuno Espadinha, Heidi, Kolez, T'Vrell, Zarva, Vocan, Oeshi
    Zv9NH5Z.png
    Thanks. ^^

One of the fun things about STO is seeing what you can do with what you got.