What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Costume Request Thread

Comments

• Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    bltrrn wrote: »
    Also, have the TOS Klingon unforms been updated? o:)
    Yes, please do, Art Team - especially since we now have a proper TOS Klingon uniform for females based on the one from "Day of the Dove" in game, just limited to NPCs....

"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    artan42 wrote: »
    For that matter, I wouldn't mind seeing the 'male' formal suit unlocked for females who don't want to wear the prom dress...

We could really do with that.
    We need a MACO BDU with a beret!

There are no berets in ST. You may want to look elsewhere for your military simulator.

Um, EXCUSE YOU. Find me one mission in STO where you don't blow something up. Go ahead, I'll wait for you.

>crickets<

Take your sanctimonious attitude elsewhere. Part of Starfleet's function is military. DEAL WITH IT. DS9 and Enterprise clearly showed uniformed ground troops. DEAL WITH IT.

This is a costume request thread, not a thread for your critiques and commentaries, and if you have nothing constructive to add, please STFU.

No part of Starfleet's function is military. It's defence, not all defence is the work of the military. But as you say it's a costume request thread, for ST costumes. Not what ever fandom you want. Star Trek.

Oh and DS9 showed Starfleet officers with heavy jackets on, they're no more ground troops than and other Starfleet officer.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    Wells Uniform: I suspect the chances of this happening are slim-to-none, but there's no harm in requesting. Could this uniform be made cross-faction? We see Romulans, Gorn, Cardassians wearing this uniform in-game. By its century, these species are a part of the Federation.

I ask because I'd really like to put a Romulan character in it. I could fake this with a Federation alien if need-be, but with the way the story has been going, it feels like this should be available to everyone now.
  • Options
    Wells Uniform: I suspect the chances of this happening are slim-to-none, but there's no harm in requesting. Could this uniform be made cross-faction? We see Romulans, Gorn, Cardassians wearing this uniform in-game. By its century, these species are a part of the Federation.

I ask because I'd really like to put a Romulan character in it. I could fake this with a Federation alien if need-be, but with the way the story has been going, it feels like this should be available to everyone now.

For that matter, a color-guide for the Wells uniforms as seen in the game wouldn't be bad either... I just can't seem to get that shade of slate blue they seem to use as a base for the non-division parts of the uniform...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User

For that matter, a color-guide for the Wells uniforms as seen in the game wouldn't be bad either... I just can't seem to get that shade of slate blue they seem to use as a base for the non-division parts of the uniform...

I also would love to see a dedicated skirt for this uniform. The TOS mini looks good with it, but something with a leather patch to match the top would rock.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    For that matter, a color-guide for the Wells uniforms as seen in the game wouldn't be bad either...
    This request is reasonable.

On the subject of things needing updates, I would suggest adding a 'v2' hull pattern (white w/red accents) to the existing older Terran ships, and devising a distinctive one for the Mobius-class ships.
  • Options
    undedavengerundedavenger Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    For that matter, I wouldn't mind seeing the 'male' formal suit unlocked for females who don't want to wear the prom dress...

There are no berets in ST. You may want to look elsewhere for your military simulator.

Um, EXCUSE YOU. Find me one mission in STO where you don't blow something up. Go ahead, I'll wait for you.

>crickets<

Take your sanctimonious attitude elsewhere. Part of Starfleet's function is military. DEAL WITH IT. DS9 and Enterprise clearly showed uniformed ground troops. DEAL WITH IT.

This is a costume request thread, not a thread for your critiques and commentaries, and if you have nothing constructive to add, please STFU.

No part of Starfleet's function is military. It's defence, not all defence is the work of the military. But as you say it's a costume request thread, for ST costumes. Not what ever fandom you want. Star Trek.

Oh and DS9 showed Starfleet officers with heavy jackets on, they're no more ground troops than and other Starfleet officer.​​

Sigh. Please go look up "military". Has nothing to do with offense or defense. It has to do with government-run, armed organizations.

Just drop it and stop trolling other people's requests, you are not a mod.

And consider not acting like an elitist jerk, you might have more credibility.
    Nothing breaks the tension better than a tankard of warnog - except maybe a good brawl...
  • Options

>crickets<

Oh and DS9 showed Starfleet officers with heavy jackets on, they're no more ground troops than and other Starfleet officer.

Sigh. Please go look up "military". Has nothing to do with offense or defense. It has to do with government-run, armed organizations.

Elitist? Really? You're the one who wants to play a military simulator. Try asking for uniforms or costumes from Star Trek, the IP of the game you're playing.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    Out of curiousity, would anyone else like to see a chest badge version of the 2150's/Enterprise Mirror insignia - the one with the silver dagger - added to the game? I know we've already got it as an arm patch, but I think I'd like it as an actual combadge.

(On the side, has anyone figured out what that thing in the TOS Mirror badge is supposed to be, it looks like a sceptre or something...)
  • Options
    undedavengerundedavenger Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited July 2016

>crickets<

Oh and DS9 showed Starfleet officers with heavy jackets on, they're no more ground troops than and other Starfleet officer.

Elitist? Really? You're the one who wants to play a military simulator. Try asking for uniforms or costumes from Star Trek, the IP of the game you're playing.​​

Sure thing, pal. You win. Enjoy. The request is there, the devs will consider it or not.

Have a nice day, bud.

Now back to requests...
    Nothing breaks the tension better than a tankard of warnog - except maybe a good brawl...
  • Options

>crickets<

Elitist? Really? You're the one who wants to play a military simulator. Try asking for uniforms or costumes from Star Trek, the IP of the game you're playing.

Sure thing, pal. You win. Enjoy. The request is there, the devs will consider it or not.

Have a nice day, bud.

Now back to requests...

You're welcome mate.

Section 32 uniforms please.

latest?cb=20130930064056&path-prefix=en

latest?cb=20131001003443&path-prefix=en​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited July 2016

>crickets<

Elitist? Really? You're the one who wants to play a military simulator. Try asking for uniforms or costumes from Star Trek, the IP of the game you're playing.

Have a nice day, bud.

Now back to requests...

You're welcome mate.

Section 32 uniforms please.

latest?cb=20130930064056&path-prefix=en

latest?cb=20131001003443&path-prefix=en​​

Aye, they are very awesome. Although, even if they're brought ingame, they still won't officially exist. ;)
    Post edited by bltrrn on
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • Options
    galactickirigalactickiri Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    I won't get into the pillow-fighting over specific costume pieces, but I will say this. By 2410, berets are no doubt archaic pieces of military garb...but, if at any point, I'd expect the Enterprise era might still make use of them. Berets are cool, I'd say if it's part of a historical Starfleet uniform...go for it.
  • Options
    Considering that Archer had an NX-01 ball-cap and there was a hat with a United Earth badge in Pike's quarters in "The Cage", there is precedent for the idea of a beret, even if there hasn't been one seen on-screen.
  • Options
    The existence of hats does not presuppose the existence of a specific type of hat.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    The existence of hats does not presuppose the existence of a specific type of hat.

Nor does it eliminate it. Dude a hat is a hat. If you think it is "too military" then if they add it, don't wear it. Quit trying to shout down those who don't share your view.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    chitowngrizz420chitowngrizz420 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    Enterprise MACO camo outfit and weapons!
    There are 59 pages of posts so if someone suggested this already oh well lol
    lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
    Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
    U.S.S. Chicago NCC 1833-C
    Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
  • Options
    galactickirigalactickiri Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    The existence of hats does not presuppose the existence of a specific type of hat.​​

That may be, but it's really not the place of any single community player, or a group of them, to decide what they don't care to see applies to everyone else.
  • Options
    doctorindyjdoctorindyj Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I don't know if anyone has ever requested this( 59 pages is a bit much to browse) but a quick search says no. Since TOS is new again, How about Argelian costumes?
  • Options
    cbob312cbob312 Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    Can we get more hair? I'd love dreadlock ponytails.
  • Options
    gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    In the new Galorndon core mission the female Romulans have helmets. However playable female Romulans are unable to use helmets, the helmets are only available for males, can this please be fixed?

vp6DXyd.png
  • Options
    They also have the thumb loops on the top's sleeves. We've had these as Wrist Attach pieces in the Foundry since those outfits were added, but they were never made available to players. Possibly because they don't work too well with the hand scaling options, but I feel that's a place where we should be allowed to use our best judgement on whether we want to alter sliders to make them work or not :)

---

I'm pretty sure I've requested this before, but could the Orion Arm and Wrist Attach pieces be made available in the Off Duty, Formal Wear, Club Wear, Beachwear Separates, and Beachwear Set categories? Just imagine how much nicer this could look with them instead of having to use Khan's Wristband!

CoE5OYQVIAAHRJB.jpg
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    Two things I have wanted to be added since the game started are the Future Imperfect CommBadges and the TWoK Captain rank to be corrected so the bars in the middle of it can be a different color than the outside of it. I would also like to see the uniforms from Yesterday's Enterprise, the high collar variant of the TNG uniform, the Romulan uniform from Message In A Bottle. We don't have the correct belt and shoulder thing to make that outfit, the Klingon trenchcoat, and General Chang's uniform.
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Simple request:

Could we get a few communicators/badges to be worn on the Temporal Jumpsuit? Something like the Odyssey 1 and 2, as well as the standard comm badges and maybe even the alt future variant? Would love something that makes it look a tad more like an outfit and not just a pair of constricting pajamas...

Thanks!!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    ReuHcIV.jpg

and

D40NIeo.jpg

Please and thanks.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2016
    A few TOS requests:

Some additions to the TOS "ripped" uniforms -- ripped versions of the female "loose" top, and ripped stockings.

A proper version of the TOS dress uniform for females (as worn by Lt. Areel Shaw in "Court Martial"). It's virtually identical to the female medical uniform we have now, but with full-length sleeves with rank insignia.

An update to the TOS command tunic. There were actually two versions of this seen in the show. One has the rank braid on the shoulders, and the other with no braid on the shoulders and the rank on the sleeve cuffs (see "The Trouble with Tribbles", for example). Just need to make the rank braid on the shoulders changeable, including a "none" option. The other update I'd like to see would be an option to put a badge over the clasp at the left waist (currently the TOS Enterprise command badge).
  • Options
    bberge1701 wrote: »
    An update to the TOS command tunic. There were actually two versions of this seen in the show. One has the rank braid on the shoulders, and the other with no braid on the shoulders and the rank on the sleeve cuffs (see "The Trouble with Tribbles", for example). Just need to make the rank braid on the shoulders changeable, including a "none" option. The other update I'd like to see would be an option to put a badge over the clasp at the left waist (currently the TOS Enterprise command badge).

For that matter, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like Mirror Kirk's sleeveless version of the Command Tunic from TOS "Mirror, Mirror".
  • Options
    nefarius2nefarius2 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    I realize it's probably a glitch, but my Orion Diplomacy BOFF can wear the Kelvin Timeline sleeveless top. However, there is no matching skirt option. Would be great if they could fix that seeing as Orions apparently serve in Starfleet in the Kelvin timeline.
  • Options
    Could we get the eyeshadow used by the new Klingon NPCs? We got the Flair tattoo, which lets us do the brows and lashes (wonderful addition--I love how we don't even need to scale it!), but our normal eyeshadow option barely shows compared to what you're using on the NPCs.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Could we get Azetbur's wide collar and closed/longsleeve top as seen in "Undiscovered Country"?

Additional;
    And... I'm almost afraid to ask for fear that it would end up being another 1Mil Dil item... what would be the odds of getting the Enterprise-era Andorian Imperial Guard uniform added to the game?
    Post edited by turbomagnus on