What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Set Phasers To Sexytime!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Dentistry is still a fairly barbaric practice. After all, their primary solution to major problems is to either extract or kill the tooth in question (usually followed by some kind of reconstructive work)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    afaern wrote:
    Dentistry is still a fairly barbaric practice. After all, their primary solution to major problems is to either extract or kill the tooth in question (usually followed by some kind of reconstructive work)

Yeah, we really need to start pioneering dental cybernetics. I can't count how many times I've wished for a mechanical molar. Or an incisor that shoots laser beams. That'd be awesome.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Yeah, we really need to start pioneering dental cybernetics. I can't count how many times I've wished for a mechanical molar. Or an incisor that shoots laser beams. That'd be awesome.

At this point I'd settle for advances that got rid of all the sharp and pointy tools. It would also be nice if dentists didn't shove a bunch of things in your mouth and then ask you questions: "Well, we fit a suction tube, a drill, a water gun, a mirror, and half my hand in there. What do you think about the upcoming election?"
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    For those of you looking for a fleet to join:

I am a new member of the Unrepentant Fleet, but I can tell you if you are looking for a casual and fun fleet that is full of people who are helpful and knoweldgeable about STO, then this is the fleet for you.

Before I joined the U, I did a lot of looking around at other fleets. Many of them had mandatory playtimes, mandatory uniforms or required certain types of loadouts on their ships. Some of the fleets felt like I was going to be back in the military! After visiting the Unrepentant Gaming site, I found a bunch of people who enjoyed gaming, didn't take themselves seriously, and were looking for new people to just hang out and have fun with. My first day hanging out with the U online they were nice enough to help me level up 6 times, even though I had not been officially made a member yet. They also have a KDF Fleet, and have guilds in many other games.

They do have an application process that looks like a lot at first, but it was the most fun I had filling out an app. In reality it is their way to get to know you and you them, making sure both sides are a good fit. Who wants to join a fleet blind just to find out it is full of drama or infighting, or you don't get along with anybody because everyone is serious all the time?

With all the random fleet invites flying around these days, it makes sense to be cautious in your approach. Please feel free to click on the link below and poke around. You may just find what you are looking for.

Good luck in your search!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    The Dude's recruitment pitch crits you for 1,000,000 damage.

Apply, dammit!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    The Dude's recruitment pitch crits you for 1,000,000 damage.

Apply, dammit!

1,000,000? I would love to see the damage stats on that one!

Come join the U! Come to hang out with cool people and have lively discussions, stay to learn all the fun ways to BBQ a tribble.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I finally got my engineer to level 45 last night. I am going to have to try my hand at STFs pretty soon. With the way I fly better have those regenerators handy :D

I am also thinking about going LTS rather than gold since it is both on sale and a better deal in the long run (I do like rolling alts lol). What's the Captain's Table that I would get access to? It sounds like some kind of forum or something.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I am also thinking about going LTS rather than gold since it is both on sale and a better deal in the long run (I do like rolling alts lol). What's the Captain's Table that I would get access to? It sounds like some kind of forum or something.

It's an ingame thing. The most useful thing is probably the duty officer assignments available there. Nothing unique to it that I know of, just another place for something good to possibly show up. It also has all the standard starbase conveniences (bank, mail, exchange) but less idiots to deal with.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Are we paying this guy? Should we be?

Glad to have you with us.

Everyone else; listen to the Dude. He knows.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    It's an ingame thing. The most useful thing is probably the duty officer assignments available there. Nothing unique to it that I know of, just another place for something good to possibly show up. It also has all the standard starbase conveniences (bank, mail, exchange) but less idiots to deal with.

Thanks for the info! I am pretty sure I am going to go LTS. I am having more fun in this game than pretty much any other I have played, except for TIE Fighter and X-Wing. Being in this nice a fleet takes the sting out of grinding.

For anyone reading this that might be afraid to join a fleet because everyone is probably already at 50 with all the special equipment, Unrepentant members love to roll alts. There is always someone near your level!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Gozer is considering making the STF currencies account bound, rather than toon bound, as well. This would be an incredible change for people with alts.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for the info! I am pretty sure I am going to go LTS. I am having more fun in this game than pretty much any other I have played, except for TIE Fighter and X-Wing. Being in this nice a fleet takes the sting out of grinding.

For anyone reading this that might be afraid to join a fleet because everyone is probably already at 50 with all the special equipment, Unrepentant members love to roll alts. There is always someone near your level!

We can put that sting back in if you'd like?

Unrepentant: Altoholics Anonymous
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Wisty wrote:
    We can put that sting back in if you'd like?

Please no. I'll be good. It's the last week of school and it's turned into a madhouse. I don't know what I am saying anymore. I will do system patrols with a smile :D
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    You do system patrols?

Haha, noob.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    lol

Someone has to
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I haven't done system patrols in a long time. Didn't they update them with season 4 or 5 or something so that you can fly around and just run into random system patrols?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Gozer is considering making the STF currencies account bound, rather than toon bound, as well. This would be an incredible change for people with alts.

Dang Better Get Red Skirt and Ina Goodhands through the ones I can! Still have Cure Ground and beyond for the 1st Red Skirt. Ina just made level recently to try them out. Will the toons lose things retroactively?

Cool thing is I have a Hall Pass for the weekend from Wifey, Work and School! Almost makes "grinding" look good! :D

Patrols? Well maybe for a fed Lt but by Ltc there are better ways to make points...

Wango Tango Foxtrot, I mean foxfire, er firedup fox.... uh... the new guy is right!;)

I always try to have a couple low to mid toons to team with so I don't over power with goodies. In fact I tend to run prety poor with low grade stuff. I make it up in Moxie and sexytime!:rolleyes:

Run with the U, no matter the level. We know how to fondle our tribbles!:eek:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Raincrow wrote: »
    Dang Better Get Red Skirt and Ina Goodhands through the ones I can! Still have Cure Ground and beyond for the 1st Red Skirt. Ina just made level recently to try them out. Will the toons lose things retroactively?

You wouldn't lose anything. You'd just be able to put the unspent STF currency (EDC, Salvage, Tech) in your account bank.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Hi there kids.

I see what you're thinking. You're thinking; I'd really like to join a fleet that doesn't take itself too seriously. That doesn't require me to be online at specific times. That discusses the relative merits of Orion girls over Trills or Bajorans. That wants to play games to have fun. That's part of a bigger and more awesome community...

Well, you've come to the right place. This is Unrepentant, and we want you.

Follow the link in my sig to start the app process. That's right, we have an application process - we want you to get to know us and to know that you're doing the right thing by joining us.

Come on. You know you want to.

We have barbecued tribble... Mmmmm, crispy!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Excited about Season 6? Not in a fleet yet?

Join the fleet that will have the most awesome fleet star base in all of the Milky Way!

www.unrepentantgaming.org

Unrepentant is more than just a fleet though, we're a gaming community, with a presence in more major MMO's than you can shake a stick at. Bored of STO? (can't understand why you would be, but hey...) you can hop into another game and run with Unrepentant members there.

We're one big happy (slightly dysfunctional) family!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Wisty wrote:
    Excited about Season 6? Not in a fleet yet?

Join the fleet that will have the most awesome fleet star base in all of the Milky Way!

www.unrepentantgaming.org

Unrepentant is more than just a fleet though, we're a gaming community, with a presence in more major MMO's than you can shake a stick at. Bored of STO? (can't understand why you would be, but hey...) you can hop into another game and run with Unrepentant members there.

We're one big happy (slightly dysfunctional) family!

UNREPENTANT, putting the FUN in dysFUNctional since 2008!:D
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Raincrow wrote: »
    UNREPENTANT, putting the FUN in dysFUNctional since 2008!:D

Yarrr, don't mind Raincrow... he just be a buttpirate, lookin' fer some booty.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Yarrr, don't mind Raincrow... he just be a buttpirate, lookin' fer some booty.

So that's what the regenerators are for. I've always wondered...
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I half expected a RC story in here from the mumble evening we had. darn !

:confused:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    RStoney wrote: »
    I half expected a RC story in here from the mumble evening we had. darn !

:confused:

So you couldn't start a pithy paragraph?:p

I actually do have an idea, I am embarrassed I didn't take note of the names and I have to admit I forgot someone.

The team was you, me, guitar. fastbackand wisty? I think I have that wrong, and I donot remember the toon names... was late for me and I was distracted by shiney new technology, part of the theme for the story.:o

So throw me some clues and an embellishment will follow.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    It was Queetz not Wisty... I so distraced by the Mumble experience... ok so let me see.... it sorta went something like......;)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Upon opening his umpteenth Ferengi Lockbox and feeling “Meh” about it, rc realized the little big eared swindlers had a good thing going in all this found (planted?) temptations. It wasn’t like rc wanted one of those silly Marauders. They were playing the insurance averages and charging enough for all the Master keys sold to more than cover the loot. Like 21st century bar pull tabs, he was done with it, and planned to pollute the fleet bank with the rest of them. :p

Conversely, his counterpart in the KDF, Kyrlea Rantang, aka Red Skirt, had done fairly well with them, but decided to quit while she was ahead.

Rc had done poorly in the combat sims with the other more active fleet members in competition and did some studying and upgrading of his holosuite equipment. Instead of the mere battle command texting system, he finally ponied up for the Mumble enhancement. Rumor has it when r finally activated and talked with members galaxy wide live the first time, Demongene nearly hit an asteroid realizing he missed the momentous occasion. Rumors of Galactic doom and gloom continue, as if this was the breaking of some unholy dimensional seal. :eek:

So when rc showed up a second time ready to enter the Cure training scenario as his Red Skirt toon, (Based on the rumored fierce Orion Lt General) Jaws again dropped among those able to mumble.
    Now it would seem with the studies, upgrades, access to Mumble, and recent practice, one would expect rc’s rusty ground actions would improve.

You would be partially right and still part wrong. You can ask Stoney, Queetz, Fastback, and Guitar, they can be counted upon to maybe confirm it was at least, not disastrous.:rolleyes:

The most telling evidence can be found in rc’s personal log. “, when fast back, or was that guitar, I don’t remember” (Clinking glass and bottle gurgling sounds go here.) “Anyway, I was guarding the first key from worker drones, while the others went forward to activate the rest. As the drones appeared I started plastering them with my tetryon mini-gun, missing my old bad aft sniper. Was doing ok but they started showing up too fast. One of the team came back to help, and reminded me to knock them away from the transmitter when they close. I felt so stupid and started rifle butting. When I replayed the video I saw. maybe that was Queetz, Stoney would’ve been at the front setting up, anyway I saw a look at my back, shaking his head while he rejoined the forward squad, while I was rifle butting another worker. I zoomed in on my back and spied the unutilized Nanopulse Battleth dangling, as I swung the awkward minigun.”:o

(Sipping sound goes here.) “Man I am outa practice. Note to self: send a bottle of the third batch of new whiskey to every body but Stoney. It is good stuff and Rock for brains has plenty, but I still owe an apology to Guitar, Fastback, and Queetz. The instant Verbal discussion was overwhelming along with new active key commands…. Rc out”
    “Fannie, schedule me another slot.”
    “Sir, it is a busy night” (rc looks at her) “of course suite #3 has been glitchy I’d appreciate your assessment..”

It is good to be Admiral.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Oye and here i was expecting your typical "you aint gonna believe this TRIBBLE..." story... but oh no... typical wind back... sheesh RC... Cant remember how to kick a borg drone in the TRIBBLE? lol
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Btw, most of y'all still smell funny... like old gym socks n honey n liver. Just fyi. :-)
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Btw, most of y'all still smell funny... like old gym socks n honey n liver. Just fyi. :-)

Liver??! Damn near killed 'er!
This discussion has been closed.