What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

=/\=Lotus Fleet=/\=

Comments

• Options
    kherenkheren Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2013
    Really good and easy read with lots of info. Best way to get a first taste of our fine community. Check it out!
  • Options
    videlicetunusvidelicetunus Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    To all Star Trek fans and STO players from the United states and Norfolk Island, have an enjoyable Thanksgiving.

May your shield's never fail you. :rolleyes:
    Rear Admiral BLZBUB,
    Director of Staff,
    Lotus Fleet
    http://www.lotusfleet.org/index.php
  • Options
    jefftaylor1jefftaylor1 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Greetings again fellow Star Trek enthusiasts.

Again, under the amazing effort, creativity and tenacity of our Newsletter Editor and all-around wizard of Publisher: Captain Storm Windfall, here we are with the final edition of our Fleet Newsletter for 2013.

Enclosed within this edition is an inspiring State of the Fleet Address by Fleet Admiral Kheren. Admiral Athos responds to a fleet questionnaire along with providing an update to STO and our fleet's progress in developing our Dilithium mine in addition to upcoming project updates. There is a Spotlight article on a character in Star Trek (other than the main crew) by VA Jeff T, an update on our Fleet's RP stories, additional thoughts about the fleet in our Editor's corner, along with announcements of Awards and Promotions occurring within the fleet this past month.

We would like to expand the content and scope of the next issue. In order to do this, we need more involvement with upcoming issues by our members. All fleet members are welcome to submit their own ideas and/or articles. Whether it's carrying on with a current feature like the Spotlight on a Star Trek Character or submitting something entirely new.

So "Thank you" to the contributors for this edition and feel free to send your questions, comments, suggestions, and/or articles to Captain Windfall, Rear Admiral Jureth, or myself!

To get your copy of our Newsletter, simply follow this direct link http://www.lotusfleet.org/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=493

Among other aspects of the fleet, we're also looking for individuals that would like to write articles, do interviews, share new information about technology or other ares of interest, create puzzles, write specials about Star Trek species, etc... anything interesting to contribute to our Fleet Newsletter. We have a wonderful and talented Editor: Captain Storm Windfall who would be most appreciative to work with you.

Many things to consider if you are looking for a new fleet and a new Star Trek home.

Meanwhile... Happy Holidays and happy reading!!!

Vice Admiral Jeff T
    Command CO
    Lotus Fleet

Note: The next is a general live Lotus Fleet meeting occurring in Teamspeak 3 that is open to the public is scheduled to commence Sunday December 15th at 5 PM EST, followed by a lively open discussion afterward. Directions to listen in and/or participate are found here: http://www.lotusfleet.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=55
  • Options
    stormwindfall1stormwindfall1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Busy downloading STO... :D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Busy downloading STO... :D

Downloaded, patched, made my character (what?!? no draylaxians or even kitty like characters?? :eek: :mad: )

Now, believe me when I say it's really hard for me to play this game. I have to use my keyboard to move and I am sure there will be more keys for more functions added the more I advance into the game. A few weeks ago the only games I played was Solitaire, Match 3 and...reels. So, this is a learning curve for me.

But I wanna play it and I'm gonna play it!

Pssst...Our RP'ers ran into trouble in the nebulae...(this means go read it! :D )
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    "Tis the season to be jolly. la-la-la-la-laa!"

Mmmm....short a 'la'? :confused:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all Star Trek enthusiasts around the Earth.

Live long and have a prosperous time with your friends and family throughout this holiday season.

Sincerely,

Vice Admiral Jeff T
    Command CO
    Lotus Fleet
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Happy 2014 to all Star Trek enthusiasts milling about the third rock from our sun.

Let's all make this a banner year!

Sincerely,

Vice Admiral Jeff T
    Command CO
    Lotus Fleet
  • Options
    originalathosoriginalathos Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Happy 2014 fellow STOers!

Want to join a Fleet that is still building but not brand new? I'd say that Lotus Fleet is for you!

We are at a full tier 3 Starbase (everything is at Tier 3); our Embassy is being upgraded to tier 2; and our Dilithium Mine, Development track is being upgraded to tier 3.

I hope everyone is enjoying the new Dyson Sphere gameplay; I'm venturing into it here and there, but honestly my concentration is on building our Fleet Holdings. Hopefully y'all are working on your reputation tabs and have the Voth tab working towards tier 5.
    siggen.php_zpsqj8y6ydn.png

Link: Lotus Fleet
    Founder: Lotus Fleet =/\= Creator: Lotus Fleet Academy[/B]
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Well this is cool. We're a few days into the countdown for a tier 3 development facility on the Dilithium Mine Fleet holding. The additional 6% Fleet mark discount and the Mk XII Ultra-Rare warp cores will be very nice!

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Tomorrow (Saturday, 11 Jan), Lotus Fleet will be having an in-game event. We'll be gathering at ESD around 1100 EST/1000 CST (in orbit of Earth) to do some PVE together. Who knows what we'll end up doing, but we'll enjoy the camaraderie!

If you see us, say hello! We'd enjoy having you join us.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    For those that enjoy making a real contribution to a fleet, in addition to RP and STO, there are site positions in the Lotus Fleet available for current and new members to apply.

In the Command Division we are in need of someone with graphic skills and experience to become our Media Developer.
    We also need Writers and contributors for our ongoing Fleet Newsletter.

In the Operations Division we could us an RP Assistant, an RP Recruiter, and additional Event Planners.

In the Academy, we could use several Academy Professors, such as Professors of Tactical & Security, Science, Medicine, and Operations.

So... if you are a connoisseur of Star Trek related activities, conversations, etc... then you may very well find a home in the Lotus Fleet.

Come check us out and inquire!

http://www.lotusfleet.org/

Vice Admiral Jeff T
    Command CO
    Lotus Fleet
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Greetings all!

We've got our Tier 3 Development track complete in the Dilithium Mine Fleet Holding which means our Fleet now has access to the Elite Mk XII Fleet Warp Cores and a 15% discount on Fleet Marks required to complete all other tasks. We're working our way, project by project, to get to tier 3 Trade track (over half-way there).

Our Starbase is a full Tier 3 with the Science track half way to tier 4. (Right now we're concentrating on the Dilithium Mine.)

So, if you're looking for a Fleet that is still building that you can contribute to, then Lotus Fleet may be for you!

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Greetings Star Trek Enthusiasts,

Admiral Athos has set up 2 STO Fleet Events this weekend (25-26 Jan)!

This will be a great opportunity for anyone to play in-game with some of our Fleet members.

We use TeamSpeak 3 to converse and discuss strategies throughout missions and PVEs.

Saturday's session begins at 11:00am EST

Sunday's session begins at 4:00pm EST

So... get your headset ready and here is a link with all the instructions that you'll need to join us in TeamSpeak: http://www.lotusfleet.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=55

All Lotus fleet members also have the opportunity to set-up and host any STO events that they want as well; regardless of timezone.

Happy gaming!!!:)

Vice Admiral Jeff T
    Command CO
    Lotus Fleet
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Greetings quadrant Alpha and Beta mates!

Due to some subtle hints and a few pleas, I have endeavored to put up a short post here to update the masses.

( Actually, I think it was out-right threats and a few arm twists.) ;)

Currently, Lotus Fleet is enjoying a membership of 98 members, comprising 43 officers and 54 Cadets.

As Vice Admiral Jeff T and Admiral Athos have previously mentioned, our members have been quite busy in game and on the site. And although we do want some positions filled as mentioned above, what we have got is a dedicated core group who are working tirelessly at their respective postings, contributing daily to our forum site and our fleet holdings in-game.

So, what do our 43 officers do all week long?

They harass me! :rolleyes:

No! In reality, they actually go 'above and beyond' every day to keep our officers and cadets enticed and excited.

Like, the recent addition of Fleet Builder Awards! Members in STO earn Federation and Klingon Fleet Builder Awards for contributions of fleet credits to our star base holdings. And they are un-ending!

We currently have 12 members holding Federation Fleet Builder awards spanning from 'Chief' to 'Fleet Admiral'. This comprises a minimum investment ( in Fleet credits ) of 28,010,000 ! ! ! :cool:

So, for fun & games ... Trek and role play ... check us out. We're more fun than a barrel of Tribble's.
    Rear Admiral BLZBUB,
    Director of Staff,
    Lotus Fleet
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Greetings quadrant Alpha and Beta mates!

Due to some subtle hints and a few pleas, I have endeavored to put up a short post here to update the masses.

( Actually, I think it was out-right threats and a few arm twists.) ;)

Currently, Lotus Fleet is enjoying a membership of 98 members, comprising 43 officers and 54 Cadets.

As Vice Admiral Jeff T and Admiral Athos have previously mentioned, our members have been quite busy in game and on the site. And although we do want some positions filled as mentioned above, what we have got is a dedicated core group who are working tirelessly at their respective postings, contributing daily to our forum site and our fleet holdings in-game.

So, what do our 43 officers do all week long?

They harass me! :rolleyes:

No! In reality, they actually go 'above and beyond' every day to keep our officers and cadets enticed and excited.

Like, the recent addition of Fleet Builder Awards! Members in STO earn Federation and Klingon Fleet Builder Awards for contributions of fleet credits to our star base holdings. And they are un-ending!

We currently have 12 members holding Federation Fleet Builder awards spanning from 'Chief' to 'Fleet Admiral'. This comprises a minimum investment ( in Fleet credits ) of 28,010,000 ! ! ! :cool:

So, for fun & games ... Trek and role play ... check us out. We're more fun than a barrel of Tribble's.

:cool: And you are one of the best there, too!
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Well... here in the states it is Superbowl Sunday. Nevertheless, our involvement in Star Trek continues unabated.

Today's offering includes:

Trivia Contest: Star Trek Trivia Contest
    To: 5:00 pm

Fleet Meeting: General Fleet-wide Meeting
    To: 5:30 pm

This is not to mention an unofficial STO activity going on with various Fleet members throughout the day.

So... get your headset ready and here is a link with all the instructions that you'll need to join us in TeamSpeak: http://www.lotusfleet.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=55

Have a great day!!!

Vice Admiral Jeff T
    Command CO
    Lotus Fleet
  • Options
    kherenkheren Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2014
    For those who wish to have a feel of our community, dedicated to STO, Star Trek RP and all things from the Final Frontier, enjoy this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smCWHthjCTY

Fleet Admiral Kheren
    Commanding Officer
    Lotus Fleet
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Great RP video Fleet Admiral Kheren! :D

Now added to RP since then... our 2 newest ships

The USS Horizon, our Fleet's new Flagship

Plus the USS Phoenix, a highly advance/enhanced long-range science vessel.

In addition:
    Fleet Meeting: General Fleet-wide Meeting today

This is in addition to continuing unofficial STO activity going on with various Fleet members throughout the day. We had several successful team missions on Friday as well.

So if you are looking for a genuine Star Trek based fleet, then look no further.
    Your potential place on our starbase awaits you!

Vice Admiral Jeff T
    Command CO
    Lotus Fleet
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Greetings all!

Brief updated from the Lotus Fleet.

You can find the newest novelized RP story of Lotus Fleet's new flagship, the Lotus class capital ship USS Horizon NCC-102176 entitled "The Forgotten" here: http://www.lotusfleet.org/download/file.php?id=431

This is the maiden voyage of this vessel and just recently concluded and was posted this week.

It is in PDF format

The other RP ship the USS Phoenix is approaching its conclusion now as the away team just landed on a strange rogue planet-like rock in space. Investigation are just about to commence.

These examples are part of a seres of Star Trek stories that have been created by Lotus fleet members over the course of many years. Their level of Trek knowledge and various writing styles affords many interesting tales that have been told by members assuming a variety of PC and NPC roles.

STO continues to be a part of fleet activity as well as we work to complete aspects of our Starbase, Dillhium mine, etc... while engaging in episodes, PVEs, special events, STFs and just fun doing a variety of things in-game.

Fleet Meeting: General Fleet-wide Meeting TODAY

This is not to mention an unofficial STO activity going on with various Fleet members throughout the day.

Have a great day!!!

Vice Admiral Jeff T
    Command CO
    Lotus Fleet
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Greetings All!

Lotus Fleet is coming along nicely in game. We are almost complete with our Dilithium Mine upgrade to Tier 3 (just need some Fleet Marks). Since this upgrade does not require dilithium, we are using this opportunity to finish off our Embassy Tier 2 upgrade.

Work towards upgrading our Starbase to Tier 4 continues; our Comm Array (science) is over half-way towards Tier 4; so around 22 more science projects, then the upgrade.

Once the Dilithium Mine is upgraded, along with our Rich Dilithium Mine daily mission (so excited!), we will begin work on our Spire facility. SO, if you'd like to get in on a Fleet where you can contribute and make a difference, then Lotus Fleet might be the place for you.

Check us out!

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Greetings all! We are a mere 8,000 Fleet Marks away from a Tier 3 Dilithium Mine...that should be completed this week!

Our Embassy upgrade to tier 2 only needs Dilithium...we're inching closer to completion on that.

We may be a smaller Fleet, but we are making progress towards all of the great items larger fleets already have completed.

So if you want to join a Fleet that is still building and make a difference, Lotus Fleet might be the Fleet for you!

How is everyone liking the Galaxy Dreadnaught update? Pretty sweet!

Also, thanks to the developers for the extra inventory and bank slots!

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Is everyone pumped about the Mirror Invasion event over the next two weeks?

5-player team event...it sounds interesting. I especially look forward to the rewards. Hope to see you in game! (Lotus Fleet will be holding events to team-play this weekend...should be a good time)

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Sweet! Lotus Fleet is on a role!

Our Dilithium Mine is counting down to Tier 3 and a completed costume unlock. Now we just have the construction projects and costume unlocks to work on.

Our Embassy is counting down to Tier 2 and we completed a costume unlock. Up next, the Recruitment upgrade.

Finally, we continue to work towards a Tier 4 comm array on our Starbase and we've started our Spire.

Plenty of work to do, but our strategy is working quite nicely. Come and check us out!

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Thank you for these updates Admiral Athos. Quite informative and very useful information regarding Lotus Fleet's on-going progress within the game.

I would like to add that this past week has seen the welcome addition of 2 new cadets into the Fleet. We certainly hope they enjoy our awesome academy, and that their 4 years of study goes timely and fortuitously.

Our current membership now resides at over 105 members. :)
    Rear Admiral BLZBUB,
    Director of Staff,
    Lotus Fleet
  • Options
    edited March 2014

In Lotus fleet Starship RP, the USS Phoenix is drawing close to concluding its maiden voyage. Nevertheless, there is still substantial intrigue yet to be uncovered.

The USS Horizon has just begun its next voyage and the senior officers are just settling in for an upcoming mission briefing.

The next fleet Newsletter is working toward its final stages of completion.

New cadets are diligently working their way through our Starfleet Academy coursework.

Work continues on our STO starbase and dilithium mine, as fleet activity pops up in team events, STF and other related activity in STO on any given day.

So... if you are searching for an intimate, personable, and Trek-knowledgeable fleet, then you may beam over to our incredible site and begin the application process of becoming a member.

Have a great day!!! :D

Vice Admiral Jeff T
    Command CO
    Lotus Fleet
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    In case anyone is wondering, Lotus Fleet Academy doesn't actually take 4 years. Our Academy is set up like a traditional 4-year college; there are various "majors" with core and elective courses. You get to customize your Academy experience. Most people can get through the entire Academy in 3-4 weeks and most find it very enjoyable.

Check us out!

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Greetings Star Trek Enthusiasts!

The latest edition of our Lotus Fleet Newsletter was just released yesterday. Feel free to give it a look.
    http://www.lotusfleet.org/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=577

Among other aspects within the fleet, we're looking for individuals that would like to write articles, do interviews, share new information about technology or other ares of interest, create puzzles, write specials about Star Trek species, etc... anything interesting to contribute to our Fleet Newsletter. We have a wonderful and talented Editor: Fleet Captain Storm Windfall who would be most appreciative to work with you.

So... check out our main website http://www.lotusfleet.org/index.php sign up for our very authentic Starfleet Academy, get involved with our RP department, team up for STO events, and basically find your niche within our knowledgeable and welcoming Star Trek- based fleet.

Vice Admiral Jeff T
    Command CO
    Lotus Fleet
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Greetings Star Trek Enthusiasts!

The latest edition of our Lotus Fleet Newsletter was just released yesterday. Feel free to give it a look.
    http://www.lotusfleet.org/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=577

Among other aspects within the fleet, we're looking for individuals that would like to write articles, do interviews, share new information about technology or other ares of interest, create puzzles, write specials about Star Trek species, etc... anything interesting to contribute to our Fleet Newsletter. We have a wonderful and talented Editor: Fleet Captain Storm Windfall who would be most appreciative to work with you.

So... check out our main website http://www.lotusfleet.org/index.php sign up for our very authentic Starfleet Academy, get involved with our RP department, team up for STO events, and basically find your niche within our knowledgeable and welcoming Star Trek- based fleet.

Vice Admiral Jeff T
    Command CO
    Lotus Fleet

Couldn't say it any better! You gotta love the awesome writers in our Fleet! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    For those that enjoy making a real contribution to a fleet, in addition to RP and STO, there are site positions in the Lotus Fleet available for current and new members to apply.

In the Command Division we are in need of someone with graphic skills and experience to become our Media Developer.
    We also need Writers and contributors for our ongoing Fleet Newsletter.

In the Operations Division we could us an RP Assistant, an RP Recruiter, and additional Event Planners.

In the Academy, we could use several Academy Professors, such as Professors of Tactical & Security, Science, Medicine, and Operations.

So... if you are a connoisseur of Star Trek related activities, conversations, RP, etc... then you may very well find a home in the Lotus Fleet.

Come check us out and inquire!

Vice Admiral Jeff T
    Command CO
    Lotus Fleet