test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

=/\=Lotus Fleet=/\=

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Going to need that Romulan ale I think to keep up with the RP we've got going on at the moment.

As well as our long running Star Trek RP episodes on the ships of Lotus Fleet we've had a Star Wars (am I allowed to say that here?)Rp get off to a fantastic start and a fantasy setting RP based on Pathfinder pnp looks to be on the horizen

If you enjoy RP or want to try it out (one of our asst RP admins Nelighan has put together some great guides to help people ease into forum RP) it's a great time to come and say hi.
    edited January 2011
    Yes, that Pathfinder start-up looks to be a go. I have not partaken of this particular ruleset before, but since I DM'd AD&D years ago, this newer set should not be too hard to pick up.

And just an FYI .. the Dark Universe RP is starting to get ... well, dark! If you have an interest in the Mirror Universe, come on over and browse the Dark Universe RP.
    edited January 2011
    Mirror Universe Dr. Jolie Bindo is one bad girl, that's for sure. :D

I go to Real Life work for 2 days and come home to tons of RP posts--very fun to read!
    edited January 2011
    We are having a change-of-command/promotion ceremony tonight in Earth Spacedock #10 at 10:30 pm EST (GMT -5).

Please join us in game and on Teamspeak for fun and some gaming after the fleet meeting and festivities!
    edited January 2011
    The January issue of the newsletter is out :)

We have some great interviews with our new Operations CO and XO and a very comprehensive review of the upcoming game World of Tanks so be sure to read through :)
    edited January 2011
    The promotion ceremony at Earth space dock went splendidly!

well, except for that new, crappy announcer/narrator. :cool:

Congratulations to Admiral Joester, and special note of commendation to Admiral Kheren.

See you next ceremony, which btw is rumored to be next Monday; same place, same time?? :p
    edited January 2011
    Congratulations to Commander Jureth, who was just promoted to our Fleet Affairs Officer! Glad to have you taking an even greater responsibility in Command division!! :)
    edited January 2011
    In a recent interview with Neligahn one of our Asst. RP admins he had this to say when asked about the Fleets RP and it's recent changes:
    I think the changes we did to RP are awesome and certainly one of the great things about it now is more choice for members. Evshell and I worked to iron out the rules and guidelines for the whole new set-up to ensure fleet members the maximum range of things to participate in while keeping everything enjoyable.

Where I'd like to see RP go is to become one of the main pillars of the forums themselves. Something that not only attracts new members, but also involves them in something they may not have done before.

In addition to that, multiple RPs going at once ranging from different subject matters so that anyone can easily get involved. And above that, the Starship RP, which I still feel is heads and shoulders one of the best experiences you could participate in.

To put it succinctly, bigger and better for RP.

The full interview can be found on the Lotus Fleet forums
    edited January 2011
    the last newsletter was excellent!
    but i do think that it could use more cowbell. :D
    edited January 2011
    BattleLion wrote:
    but i do think that it could use more cowbell. :D

And lots of vuvuzela's. Hundred's and hundred's of them! ;)
    edited January 2011
    I'll make sure we put a cowbell in the next one just for you, Battle Lion. :p
    edited January 2011
    We will be hosting a promotion ceremony for Admiral Ross Ellis tonight. He is being promoted to Rear Admiral Upper Half. The ceremony will be on Earth Spacedock at 10:30 pm tonight. We will be on Teamspeak. I believe we'll be in Instance 1, but that will be determined tonight.
    edited February 2011
    Greetings Lotus Fleet, fellow STOers, and Star Trek fans,

In addition to being active in STO, Lotus Fleet has an extensive Star Trek starship-based Roleplay section in our Forums.

As always, our stories are available to read for anyone! Please check them out at http://www.lotusfleet.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=344

If you're interested in joining Star Trek RP, I encourage you to come join Lotus Fleet to take advantage of what we have to offer.

The Holodeck, our new General RP section has been a huge success so far. Any Lotus Fleet member or cadet may start or join in on a story there. It has exploded with a massive and fast-paced Star Wars (yes Star Wars!) RP thread. While sign-ups for that are currently closed, there will be more openings soon enough. There will also most likely be more Star Wars themed stories being created soon. Additionally, a Mass Effect RP thread is being proposed, so come join Lotus Fleet to get in on the fun!

Wherever your adventures take you, I wish you well and Live Long and Prosper!

Regards,
    Captain Evshell
    edited February 2011
    Admiral's Log, Stardate: 88693.0

Federation Subpace Emergency Transmission to all fleets: As of right now, The Federation has been placed on high alert status. We've been getting intel from Delta Fleet and Section 31 that a massive invasion force is headed towards Earth at low warp. Indications appears to be that the situation could be similar to what happened at Starbase 24.

The Klingon Hegemony is on its way, but also seems likely that the Undine, Cardassians and possibly the Romulans may have also been dragged into the affair. If calculations are correct, the invasion could be going down at 1300 hours or 1pm EST tomorrow.

The Federation president has ordered an immediate evacuation of all non-essential personnel to Starbase 150 and Space Station K-7. Meanwhile, Earth is overseeing the mass exodus of the population as we are trying to help as many people as possible to flee from the impending battle. But such a procedure normally takes 8 weeks to accomplish. Whoever is unable to escape will have to ride out the storm.

All fleets in the vicinity should keep their personnel informed of any breaking information that comes our way. Ships will be moblized to confront the invasion as it appears that Earth Spacedock seems to be their likely target. Much of this bear some semblence to the incident of Starbase 24.

Admiral Farrior out......
    edited February 2011
    So not only an awesome day of Star Trek, but a well thought out discussion on Hitler and the degrees of what makes a man crazy. If there is any one thing I love the most about Lotus Fleet it is the mature and intelligent atmosphere of its members.
    edited February 2011
    And believe it or not, we managed to avoid Godwin's Law completely! :D

Happy Anniversary to STO!! I'm looking forward to some game play after digging my way out of 18 inches of snow and 7 foot tall snowdrifts!!
    edited February 2011
    If you all haven't talked to Q in Earth Starbase, you have to--hilarious! Also, the gifts are VERY nice.
    edited February 2011
    Yes Admiral, Q has some interesting trivia for us all. My first go-through was an easy 5 up ... 5 down, with a nice sparkler for my effort.

Will definitely have to go back for another series of 'Q'-nundrums. :cool:
    edited February 2011
    BLZBUB49 wrote: »
    Will definitely have to go back for another series of 'Q'-nundrums. :cool:

That is a TERRIBLE pun! :p

(keep them coming....)
    edited February 2011
    'Q'-nundrums is TERRIBLE!!! :eek:

:rolleyes:
    edited February 2011
    Anyone able to get through the newest episode yet? When the server comes back up from emergency maintenance, I'm going to give it a try (other players welcome to join and team up!). I heard you get a shuttle as a reward, too. :)
    edited February 2011
    Jae,
    Did you get the reply I sent back to you?
    edited February 2011
    Jae,
    Did you get the reply I sent back to you?

Yes I did, and thank you! I sent you a PM back last night---please let me know if it didn't go through and I'll resend it. With the blizzard we had last week, my internet has been very squirrely this week.
    edited February 2011
    Went through that new episode Jae, and it was a blast!!! :cool:
    edited February 2011
    Greeting from the Lotus Fleet Academy,

Today, Tuesday, February 8th, 2011, Lotus Fleet Academy proudly announces the graduation of the following Cadets.

CUI Name: Markus Cicero (Fighting_Irish13)
    FIELD OF STUDY: Tactical/Security (Tactician)

Congratulations to the recent Cadets.
    edited February 2011
    Congrats to Jacob Phoenix on reaching the rank of MCPO, Marconius who's reached PO1C, and to Fighting_Irish13 who reached CPO so quickly!
    edited February 2011
    Congrats guys! I shall soon be joining you in the enlisted ranks of the fleet! I can't wait to graduate and join in on the RP fun!
    edited February 2011
    Hey fleet! I can't wait for tomorrow night, so I can partake in my first fleet event and experience the new series of feature episodes! It's going to be tons of fun!
    edited February 2011
    vince081 wrote: »
    Hey fleet! I can't wait for tomorrow night, so I can partake in my first fleet event and experience the new series of feature episodes! It's going to be tons of fun!

I'm looking forward to it, too. I believe we'll be starting out from SB 39 after talking to Adm. T'Nae to pick up the mission.
    Adm. Spawnner wants to join in but can't do so til later tonight, so we might be able to run through it a second time on another alt after he logs in. He's done The Vault already, but I still need to do both.
    edited February 2011
    Well, Capt. evshell18, Lt. Sorripto, and I ran through The Vault tonight and had a fine time. We agreed that playing through the second mission was required, and set it up for 8pm Sunday evening EST. All are welcome to join us!

I picked up the shuttle on my VA and got it outfitted to do the Vault on that alt as well, but I'd like to do that with someone so that we can get all the class-based objectives done.