test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

=/\=Lotus Fleet=/\=

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Greeting from the Lotus Fleet Academy,

Today, Tuesday, August 24th, 2010. Lotus Fleet Academy proudly announces the graduation of the following Cadets.

Name: Artair Ceilteach
    FIELD OF STUDY: Tactical/Security (Starship Combat)

Congratulations to the recent Cadets.
    edited August 2010
    Greetings, all!

Our break for the summer is over, and the activity status for Lotus Fleet is now resumed at it's normal level. Welcome back, everyone, and Let's Have Some Fun!:D
    edited August 2010
    Lotus Fleet-

Let's give a hearty welcome to a returning hero, Kalten! Good to see you
    "Living Long, and Prospering!":)
    edited August 2010
    Welcome back, Kalten!
    Hope people can join us for Commander Week, too!
    edited September 2010
    Does your Commander alt need help with Patrolling the Vendor Sector? Have you done it before the accolade system came out and now you want to add a couple more accolades to your character? Come join us as we Patrol the Vendor Sector tonight!

Here are the details:
    Patrol Vendor Sector (Patrol Mission)
    Meet At: Alpha Centauri Sector Block - Ra'Kholh System
    Date and Time*: Thursday, September 2 @ 9 PM EDT
    Event Planner: Evshell18 (Sweet Sixteen@evshell18)
    edited September 2010
    Afternoon from the Med Lotus Fleet how is everyone today?
    edited September 2010
    Sure do miss STO and Lotus Fleet out here on deployment :(
    edited September 2010
    And we're definitely looking forward to when you get back home! At least we're having a good time role-playing with you. :) Capt. Crist started a thread in the USS McKenzie section, too. Looks like our ship is going to launch soon!
    edited September 2010
    evshell had a fantastic idea for an event--celebrating the 44th Anniversary of Star Trek. We all shared our first experience with Star Trek before heading into the JFS47 system to save the Enterprise from the Klingons.

We have screenies and the recording evshell took of us all sharing our 'first time with Star Trek' in the 44th Anniversary Event thread (clicky). Enjoy.
    edited September 2010
    Hi Lotus Fleet! Been a while since I last posted, but I haven't forgotten about my good freinds here. I wanted to take a second of your time and invite LF to come and participate in our new PvP League!

http://i27.servimg.com/u/f27/13/37/02/59/poster10.jpg

If anyone is interested and would like to sign up, just post your interest or questions in this thread:
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=180396

or here on the Knights Templar website.

Hope to see you there! :D
    Ith.
    edited September 2010
    Thank you so much for the invite! I will copy this and pass it on to our event folks. It sounds like it would be a very fun time!
    edited September 2010
    Greeting from the Lotus Fleet Academy,

Today, Tuesday, September 21th, 2010, Lotus Fleet Academy proudly announces the graduation of the following Cadets.

Name: Calcyon Kaine
    FIELD OF STUDY: Tactical/Security (Special Operations)

Congratulations to the recent Cadets.
    edited September 2010
    I as at the 44th Anniversary event, and we had a blast. All are welcome to join in the fun for the 23rd Anniversary event!
    Since the 44th Anniversary Event was such a success, and the 23rd anniversary of the premiere of Star Trek: The Next Generation is coming up, we're going to have another event, this Sunday the 26th at 3 PM Eastern time to celebrate that momentous occasion.

Background
    In 2365, the Enterprise-D responded to an urgent call from Captain Donald Varley, a friend of Captain Picard. Varley's ship, the USS Yamato, which was the sister ship of the Enterprise, had been plagued by a series of system malfunctions while near the Romulan Neutral Zone. Upon rendezvousing with the Enterprise, Varley explained to Picard that he was investigating "rumors...that started making the Iconians sound a lot less like legend" and had, in fact, located the planet Iconia in the Neutral Zone.
    --Continued Here--

Our Mission
    We will return to that system that Captain Picard and the Enterprise-D discovered and investigate the possibility of a Reman base on Iconia and possibly discover the origin of the annihilation of Romulus by the Hobus Supernova.

Meet At: Iota Pavonis Sector Block - Iconia System
    Date and Time*: Sunday, September 26 @ 3 PM EDT
    Event Planner: Evshell18 (Joey Day@evshell18)
    edited September 2010
    Heads up on our planned events for the next few weeks!

Meet At: Orellius Sector Block - Deferi System

We'll have an event at 9 PM every Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday starting September 27th and ending on October 13th. Cryptic is going to be giving a reward to those who have finished all 5 episodes by the 14th at 3 AM PDT.
    edited September 2010
    Congratulations to our latest batch of graduates from Lotus Fleet Academy!
    • Lenala January
    • MRall Micheals

good luck in your Lotus Fleet Careers!

Rear Admiral Jamie Donaldson
    Academy Commanding Officer
    edited September 2010
    Jae,
    I sent you a PM about the possibility of me joining lotus fleet. Look forward to hearing from you guys soon.
    edited September 2010
    I'm here to make a Allies with your fleet
    edited September 2010
    Welcome to the fleet, Johnnystump, Lenala, and MRall!

@S_Task--please feel free to check out our website, and contact our fleet Ambassador. His name on the Lotus Fleet forum is Joester. I'll let him know about your request as well, and thank you for thinking of our fleet!
    edited October 2010
    Congratulations to our latest batch of graduates from Lotus Fleet Academy!
    • Christopher Brown
    • Stumpy

Good luck in your Lotus Fleet Careers!

Rear Admiral Jamie Donaldson
    Academy Commanding Officer
    edited October 2010
    Congrats to our new grads!

OK, I'm biting on this C-store lure and getting the new mini-pet. Anyone else?
    edited October 2010
    We have another Breen series event tonight--come join us and earn your Breen bridge officer before the next series starts. :)

Meet At: Orellius Sector Block - Deferi System, 9pm EDT (GMT -4).
    edited October 2010
    This week's events have focused on Rear Admiral Upper Half missions. Saturday we will be hosting another event:
    A Light in the Dark (Story Mission)
    Meet At: Pelia Sector - Kuda System
    Date and Time*: Saturday, October 23 @ 4 PM EDT

Come join the fun. :)
    edited October 2010
    Meeting nights have changed! We will now be meeting on Monday nights instead of Tuesday. Join us on Teamspeak at 10:30pm Eastern time.

The roundtable after the meeting should be interesting--Fleet Admiral Nova and several others did some of the STFs over the weekend, and James Picard and I went to the Chicago Star Trek convention. I look forward to sharing my experiences meeting the different actors, and I'm looking forward to hearing the strategies used to get through the different STFs.
    edited November 2010
    Hope to see everyone at the meeting tonight! 1030pm EST
    edited November 2010
    Admiral Wallace sent the fleet a PM, and I thought I'd share it with you all. Please feel free to contact any Lotus Fleet member for more information!

The Events Department is back with some events in STO and LOTRO:

Tuesday at 9 PM EST: Vice Admiral event in STO for emblems
    http://www.lotusfleet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8127

Wednesday at 8 PM EST: LOTRO Harvestmath Contest + Raid TBD -- Sign up now for your chance to win a great prize!
    http://www.lotusfleet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8119
    edited November 2010
    From Season 1, Episode 1 of the USS Artemis: New Beginnings

Thinking of the crew brought Lieutenant Commander Kheren back to his last meetings. The bridge officer were quite a peculiar lot. He partly understood now why Captain Froud was so apprehensive.

Second officer O'Conner was certainly the prime example of a proper Starfleet Officer, especially as the Captain saw it; but he had admitted to his uneasiness with ''spirited individuals'' as he put it... something this ship was certainly not lacking of... beginning with Kheren himself.

There was also Doctor Nasaro-Myth; a competent medical officer to be sure, even with a quirky habit of disregarding modern technology in favor of primitive hand techniques... and constantly trying to affect others around him with his pheromones: a controling personality that might particularly irke the Captain and a few others...

Then there was the chief Engineer. Lieutenant Jackson was certainly enthusiastic and talented, but that was a dangerous combination without experience. Something Kheren was personally well aware of; under his red and black uniform, there was a large burnt scar crossing his wide chest he had purposely left there to remind himself of it.

Science officer DevEm was exactly the opposite: a seasoned, well-experienced individual tempered by many lifetimes of service. But Kheren had sensed arrogance in the man: his impatience with the meeting, his pride in his people and his '' connections'', his usurpation of autority trying to end the meeting himself... That might all just be an after effect of a symbiot in a young new host... Still, the First Officer wondered how the Captain would respond to it.

And finally, Kelsey Alther; Kheren was still bewildered that the androgyn hadn't been summarily dismissed, booted out of Starfleet and sent into a Penitentiary Colony. The charges against Alther read like a list of all the offenses in the book; assault on a superior officer was alone a major court martial offense. Yet, Alther had only been denied the higher promotion and decorations actions during the war had called for. There must be more to the centuries old Kalthurian than this neurotic behavior reports gave. He did see something in the blue-skinned androgyn...

But... had Alther acted on an Andorian ship as it once did on the Spectre, the androgyn would have been summarily executed on the spot by the Captain.

Fortunately, for the Kalthurian at least, this was not a ship of the Imperial Guard: this was a Starfleet vessel. And this meant she was a ship of hope.

Want to see how the USS Artemis crew will tackle the perils and wonders of the universe? Head over to www.lotusfleet.com and seek the RolePlaying thread of the USS Artemis and find out!
    edited November 2010
    Thanks Kheren! I'm having fun RPing on the USS Spectre and the USS McKenzie, and hope others are having a good time, too. :)
    edited November 2010
    It's 9:35pm Est and I sit finally with the courage to address this community and those who have fallen for people who have never known the names of our soldiers. Today I spent the day thinking and reflecting...I took a trip down to Arlington Cemetery and watched the changing of the guard for the unknown soldier, As I sat their for 2 hours I reflected in shame on my own reasons for serving my country. You see while I was attending basic training my drill sergeant asked each of us,"Why did you join the Army, Why are you hear?" and as the room full of new recruits sat there quietly pondering the reasons why we joined the military, we each where given the opportunity to share our thoughts and reasons...I myself offered reasons in which opportunity to become something and do something with my life, to use the benefits I had earned to later go to college and one day buy a house. When the last private finally offered his words the Drill Sergeant stood there a moment he looked at each of us and then he lowered his head, seeing only the round of his hat he looked back up with a very solid demeanor and said, "I joined to serve my country and defend those who I love most....I am ashamed that none of you did"

You see at first I was angered by the audacity that this individual had. How dare he place our patriotism in question, doesn't the fact we are there go without saying that we are serving our country? but after only a few moments it hit me like a pile of bricks, I gave a reason just like all the others that was selfish, cowardice, and ultimately an answer that to this day I wish I could go back and change. When it occurred to me that of all of the things that we could have learned in Basic Training that was one of the most important lessons, that drill sergeant in only a few powerful words taught me and reminded me of why I was really there, what it was going to mean to be asked to serve my country, and what it meant to all of those before me who lived and died in the service and protection of freedom. A freedom that is not simply bestowed on those who can claim to be an American but a freedom that has been paid for with the Blood of a soldier that died for the freedom of people from a country that is not his own and for a people and their culture that he knows so little about. A soldier has taken the responsibility of defending and protecting and uplifting those who can not defend themselves.

Since that day, in 1998 I have spent every day thinking of my answer and I have sworn to serve my country and even though I am no longer in the Army, I continue to serve my country proudly.

Thank you to all that have served whether it be in the defense of your countries freedoms or in the defense of another, there is no greater honor then to do what is right for those who are in need.

Thank you

Nova

If you would like to share with this community your own thoughts please feel free here:

http://www.lotusfleet.com/forums/showthread.php?p=45390#post45390
    edited November 2010
    Lotus Fleet RP ship, the USS Spectre is currently engaged in battle with a non-corporeal species that have taken over a Farallon particle fountain station in the JS425 system. Currently, these enteties have taken over several crew membeers' bodies and are intent on destroying the Spectre and the station.
    Commander N
    edited November 2010
    Don't miss it!

Or better yet... Don't just read about it: be a part of it!

All fleet members can create their own RP characters on Starbase 10, Lotus Fleet HQ, or apply to serve as a bridge officer (including Chief medical officer) on any of the current RP ships launched:

USS Lotus: Intrepid class, flagship of the fleet
    USS McKenzie: Defiant class, patrolling the borders of the UFP and both Klingon and Romulan Empires
    USS Spectre: Akira class, packed with fighter-shuttles, torpedo launchers and a unique stealth technology.
    USS Alsea: Prometheus class, the most powerful and advanced warship of the fleet
    USS Artemis: Ambassador class, refited long range exploration vessel of legend

And new crews may call for new ships!

Even cadets waiting to be recognized as fleet members upon graduation can immediately start RPing on the USS Aurora, Nebula class, the Lotus Fleet Academy starship, while going about their fun and educative courses!

And RP is but ONE of the many ways you can enjoy yourself, and help to the enjoyement of others within the fleet. Even beyond the Star Trek universe!

Come take a look at www.lotusfleet.com