test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

1/21 - Brief Maintenance (January 21, 2010)

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    SoulScreme wrote: »
    Yeah, sometimes star trek is TRIBBLE....

We dont claim Enterprise because Enterprise didnt claim Trek (its first two seasons)
    edited January 2010
    For some reason this makes me think of Scotty down in the server room screaming, "I don't know if I can hold her together! I don't have the power!"
    edited January 2010
    Great, two nights in a row that I wont be able to play due to maintenance!
    edited January 2010
    <post>
    <rant>
    <overlooked blah>
    <large words to look smart>
    Mew?
    </large words to look smart>
    </overlooked blah>
    </rant>
    <Humor>
    Pew!
    </Humor>
    <sig>
    Something stupid I think is witty but everyone else ignores
    </sig>
    </post>
    edited January 2010
    That really has nothing to do with doing maint during the time when the most people are probably on. If Cryptic is indeed working around the clock, logic would dictate they do their maint at a time when the least people are on.

Actually if you look at the situation, you would want the changes to take effect when the largest number of players would be on, thus eliminating having to fix an issue you thought was repaired. Having more people "test" the fix, gives them a quicker validiation that it is fixed. Better to fix something once and move on, rather than go back over and over again.

My two cents. I hate waiting as much as the next gamer, but they are at least doing it properly.
    edited January 2010
    No! We are Trekkies and thus we use pocket protectors and wear BCGs (Birth Control Glasses)

I have a pair of bcgs issued to me when i was in the navy, the only ones that have survived the years of thrashings from me.
    edited January 2010
    52 pages of replies in 36 minutes!

*****in' at Warp Factor 9....we either need more people complaining or less people writing more posts.

Save your complaints until you are paying for the game. In the meantime many of us should be learning to spell and working on our grammer.

Fire Flame Phasors at will. Or at me. :rolleyes:
    edited January 2010
    Elbasura wrote:
    I do, but it involves 2 watermelons, a banana peel, 4 fat chicks, a couple of gallons of personal lube, and a duck.

Wow... what a coincidence. You just listed off the exact list from my bachelor party...
    edited January 2010
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daedalus273
    Any particular reason you're only able to EVER patch during U.S. primetime playing hours?

If the answer was yes and they gave you a 1000-word disertation on why, would you be happy?

I think I am going to give up on expecting people to realize we're still in beta; we are not paying for anything right now; and the more it's fixed now the less downtime we have when it's live.
    Vorlon wrote:
    If the answer was yes and they gave you a 1000-word disertation on why, would you be happy?

I think I am going to give up on expecting people to realize we're still in beta; we are not paying for anything right now; and the more it's fixed now the less downtime we have when it's live.

WOW.... that was a /drink replying to a /drink..... that was impressive. hats off to ya
    edited January 2010
    Raath wrote: »
    Beer Talk!!

Dogfish Head out of Delaware is very tasty....especially the 90 min IPA.

But the best beer's on the planet are made in Belgium.

:)

They make an outstanding pumpkin ale.
    edited January 2010
    Any particular reason you're only able to EVER patch during U.S. primetime playing hours?

edited January 2010
    Lumlum wrote: »
    Actually if you look at the situation, you would want the changes to take effect when the largest number of players would be on, thus eliminating having to fix an issue you thought was repaired. Having more people "test" the fix, gives them a quicker validiation that it is fixed. Better to fix something once and move on, rather than go back over and over again.

My two cents. I hate waiting as much as the next gamer, but they are at least doing it properly.
    Which would make sense if they had the maintenance finish up right around when prime time was kicking in, not barrelling straight through the middle of it.

But hey, what do I know.
    edited January 2010
    Mooooooooo.
    edited January 2010
    Keyes wrote: »
    I tried to read it but it gave me a headache. Too many run on sentences, I had to read alot of it over. only go about half way before I got a migraine. I give you credit though, I could not find that much to write about. I always hated writing essays.

You actually bothered? When it took three spins of the mouse wheel to find the bottom of that post I said TRIBBLE this, this guys too much in love with the words that he spews from his fingers. (Assuming he is in fact a he and not a she, unless of course they are a he-she)
    edited January 2010
    HydroClyde wrote: »
    I'm thinking of making the driest martini in the system...I'll space a bottle of vermouth, shoot in with a photon torpedo and drive through the fall-out with a glass of vodka with the windows open...hehehe

Yes but want kind of vodka? I prefer Kettel One. Also, regular olives or blue cheese?
    edited January 2010
    Why do the updates and maintenance happen during prime playing times? Al lease they have since I started checking this game out (3 days ago). I hope they realize that many of us cannot play except 6-10PM CST, right at the time they are doing this patch and dyuring yesterday's outage.
    edited January 2010
    Yes Miller, Bud, Coors domestic beers

There are PLENTY of awesome American microbrews. The big domestics are literally close to water.

Here's my list of decent American beers:

Fat Tire at #1

Blue Moon
    Big Boss Bad Penny Brown Ale
    Rogue Dead Guy Ale
    Red Oak
    Otter Creek Stovepipe
    Dogfish Head Rasion Detre

there's soooo many....
    edited January 2010
    Once again, and coupled with the difficulty getting into the servers to enjoy the beta experience we paid for (as advertised with the pre-order because they then decided to hand out beta keys to the entire world for free after collecting our money), the servers are down during prime time.

It never fails that I get home from the office, to find the servers down for hours during the time most working people can actually get online.

Day after day, prime time, server down. What in the world is going on. After over 10 years of MMO and alpha/beta involvement, I've not seen anything like it. Who's in charge of this operation.
    edited January 2010
    Heavy Seas Small Craft Warning Uber Pils

Seriously, go find a case of it if you live somewhere that your distributor will stock it. It's worth looking for.
    edited January 2010
    Toiletduck wrote:
    I have a pair of bcgs issued to me when i was in the navy, the only ones that have survived the years of thrashings from me.

Mine are somewhere... Not sure where. Got PRK at the Air Force Academy back in 2004 and haven't needed glasses since.
    edited January 2010
    /drinks another Hiny

If we don't stop with all this beer talk, imma have to walk to the store and pick up smoe more Hiney...BUURP
    edited January 2010
    There are PLENTY of awesome American microbrews. The big domestics are literally close to water.

Fat Tire at #1

Blue Moon
    Rogue Dead Guy Ale
    Red Oak
    Otter Creek Stovepipe

there's soooo many....
    Pick pretty much any Vermont micro and you've got a winner.
    edited January 2010
    Wow.

They sure do have a lot of emergencies.

This isn't an emergency..it's a brief

:P
    edited January 2010
    lcars wrote: »
    I think that should be drinking rule 5 for anytime someone asks if they can keep their stuff after beta.

Rule approved!
    edited January 2010
    any ice fisherman out there?
    edited January 2010

Fat Tire at #1

Blue Moon
    Rogue Dead Guy Ale
    Red Oak
    Otter Creek Stovepipe

there's soooo many....

Killins FTW!!!
    edited January 2010

Fat Tire at #1

Blue Moon
    Rogue Dead Guy Ale
    Red Oak
    Otter Creek Stovepipe

there's soooo many....

Dead Man Pale Ale from ROGUE in Oregon.
    edited January 2010
    BETABETABETA
    QQ
    WHINE*****WHINE
    PRIMETIME
    THREADMONITOR
    /drinks a beer
    BETAQQPRIMETIMEQQBETA
    /passes out
    edited January 2010
    someGit wrote: »
    Hmm there's a TNG mini-marathon on "SyFy"... I suspect it is all a part of an elaborate conspiracy to get people to actually *watch* the syfy channel...

If they wanted to do that, they could just stop showing Ghost Hunters and ECW wrestling.
    edited January 2010
    No matter how you look at it it's ridiculous to repeatedly take the "shard" offline during peak play times, beta or live. The reasoning of some of you defending this silliness is laughable.
This discussion has been closed.