test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

1/21 - Brief Maintenance (January 21, 2010)

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Rum n Coke.

*beams a boot up TRIBBLE*

Dont accuse me of cheating while wearing that pink too-too thing

thank god for transporter biofilters. ::hands the boot back to invalid:: Ahem. You shouldn't be trying to beam things to such.. places!

PROOF! Pics of said drink or it didn't happen! (heh. that seems to be the quote of the night or something.. "or it didn't happen!")
    edited January 2010
    Double jeopardy... I clicked Refresh AND somebody mentioned Beta. I think I need a bigger glass.
    edited January 2010
    LMAO now here is the funniest ring tone I have ever heard! http://www.free-ringtones.cc/ringtones/Pick%20Up%20The%20Phone/5856
    edited January 2010
    frustrating, past two nights i get off work and come to the servers down. Hopefully once the game is up and running they elect to run maintenance at a more convenient hour, aka like 4amest
    edited January 2010
    There isn't that much vodka in the entire State.
    lcars wrote: »
    3. Drink every time someone explains what beta means. :)
    edited January 2010
    After some thought and reading all the posts here. I think for all the down time that all of us had to put up with they should make it up to all us beta testers, maybe give us a as much as up to a week of extra free play time. I know many will probably disagree, but I think it would make it more likely for some to continue playing once the game comes out of beta I know it would for me.

Nope but they could buy me a new bottle of rum :)
    edited January 2010
    #3, it is FREE BETA.. you are not paying for it and they are not paying you to play. This is the time they use (Beta) to fix and troubleshoot the game. Downtime is to be expected frequently as fixes are made and implimented and tested.

Pestalence_XC is right. Paid beta starts February 2nd. :p

:D
    edited January 2010
    Ditto. I wish we were not having maint durring a popular time to play.
    edited January 2010
    Id like to have a ringtone that has Kirk screaming KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!

LOL
    edited January 2010
    Well I tried to make it fun! but.. no one listened. or even danced. Or.. even threw.. fruit. ::shrugs::

Tomato ---> *SPLAT*
    edited January 2010
    edited January 2010
    Wow - I actually could make a screenshot of this thread changing from emergency maintenance to brief.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m241/veive257/emergencymaintenance.png
    edited January 2010
    Actually, no matter how you see it, you paid for the privilege of playing the game. Open Beta access was an incentive offered to entice you to buy, and play, the game.

Or to put it another way:

If what you paid for was open beta, then you'd have no expectation, or intention of playing the released game.

If I paid for the open beta I'd have no expectation? Now thats kind of unrealistic. Especially once you shell out money for it. I never said beta was the ONLY reason I bought the game, its just the reason I bought it NOW, opposed to a month or two from now when all the bugs are worked out.

Anyhow, is this normal of cryptic to be patching around this time? It would be a serious turn off if they always ran patches around this time. I figure some of you folks must have played Champions online and etc. So you might have an idea :)
    edited January 2010
    Windago wrote: »
    I heard SOE was shipping Cryptic all their SWG servers. They are no longer needed....

ROFL, TOO FUNNY!
    edited January 2010
    jalec wrote: »
    Why in gods name is it at prime time? dont you guys work during the day?

Finally. something that doesn't suck about the UK. its half 3 in the morning here ^^
    edited January 2010
    HunterPDX wrote: »
    There isn't that much vodka in the entire State.

You need to move to another state.
    edited January 2010
    n8frog wrote: »
    Tomato ---> *SPLAT*

::squints with one eye slightly open:: Dude. not the face. ugh. This is gonna take forever in the replicator to get off this uniform..
    edited January 2010
    I feel left out of the game

/drinks a Hiney
    edited January 2010
    s0li wrote: »
    frustrating, past two nights i get off work and come to the servers down. Hopefully once the game is up and running they elect to run maintenance at a more convenient hour, aka like 4amest

convenient for you != convenient for them.
    they > you.
    therefore you = QQ
    edited January 2010
    ok its called Beta TEST for a reason....
    edited January 2010
    Well I'm bored.
    edited January 2010
    I know it's been said since I did read the thread. This is the developers' JOB people. They go to work, they do patching and maintenance, they go home to their families. They do the maintenance during their WORKING HOURS. This is a beta, I am sure when you are paying for the game they will be a little bit more circumspect about bringing servers down during prime time. For the time being, since we ARE in beta, consider it a privilige to even SEE the game.

Go play your primary MMO for chrissakes!

I appologize for being terse, but, c'mon!

Let the flame fest begin.
    edited January 2010
    Veive257 wrote: »
    Wow - I actually could make a screenshot of this thread changing from emergency maintenance to brief.

Yeah even the launcher got changed to "brief" ...so now we know why the maintenance is taking up to 3 hours!

The devs are reading this thread!
    edited January 2010
    Holdolin wrote:

/drinks a Hiney

you know I had to read that three times before I was sure that you meant Heineken. Whoa. how much have I been drinkin? oh gosh.

There.. are... FOUR.. lights.. er ::burp:: I think.
    edited January 2010
    See now I am thirsty! So guess I will go get a REAL beer. A Paulaner Heffe Weissen.
    edited January 2010
    Veive257 wrote: »

C'mon somebody tell me I did that in photoshop, while posting here every 2 minutes and watching First Contact on the other screen...
    edited January 2010
    Holdolin wrote:

/drinks a Hiney

I ran out of Rum i might have to switch to the Hiney
    edited January 2010
    While the information of the server status is readily available in many locations, it would be really wonderful if there were maybe a Twitter feed, or other communication method that would send a message to the users letting them know when the server is going up and down. Or even just a time-stamp on the other messages so we can eyeball approximately when the server's will be back up. As it is, to find out when you downed the servers, we have to go hunting for the info and hope that dev posted a message on this forum to figure out the time.

I'm already following all of the Dev's on Twitter, so maybe it would make sense to tweet from one of their accounts when the server's go down, or especially when they come back up. Or even better, an official STO Twitter account that's exclusively for status messages.

Or maybe just take advantage of the RSS newsfeed. That way my iPhone could tell me when to rush back to my nearest gaming system to log back in.

Thanks for listening...

-Tim
    edited January 2010
    whitman911 wrote: »
    I know it's been said since I did read the thread. This is the developers' JOB people. They go to work, they do patching and maintenance, they go home to their families. They do the maintenance during their WORKING HOURS. This is a beta, I am sure when you are paying for the game they will be a little bit more circumspect about bringing servers down during prime time. For the time being, since we ARE in beta, consider it a privilige to even SEE the game.

Go play your primary MMO for chrissakes!

I appologize for being terse, but, c'mon!

Let the flame fest begin.

/drink

bahaha this game IS fun
    edited January 2010
    We getting some patch notes with this patch or what?
This discussion has been closed.