test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

System Requirements

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Good news! I didn't have a whole lot of doubt, since I tried champions and it ran beautifully, but yay! I can run STO!!!!
    edited November 2009
    I was almost scared to read the requirements! I couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised though. The recommended requirements describe my machine in near borg pursued perfection, almost like it was...meant to be ;) Very lucky and happy here; can't wait to finally take control, uh, i mean command!
    edited November 2009
    sweetness i can run this game with no lag what so ever, but i knew that since its being made with the same engine as CO. but im still pumped about this game!!! cant wait! :D
    edited November 2009
    I have to say Im happy with these specs.

Yes like many others my PC could run this game 3 times but

This also makes the game accessible to people on half decent laptops and not so good desktops etc..

all round good news.

I just hope the scaling system works well for us top end users.
    edited November 2009
    So this game coming out in 2010 is still using DX9?
    :eek:
    Well, the vast majority of PC users are still on DX9.

What I want to know is if the game will support dual gfx gpu's via SLI.
    edited November 2009
    Anyone know a Decent Low Profile graphics card i could get? I have a slimline PC so can't buy regular, Grr.
    apart from that everything else is fine! It'll likely run the game but I have integrated graphics and it sucks
    edited November 2009
    Well I'm happy, seems I meet even the Recommended Specs. Was thinking my GeForce 9600gt wasn't going to cut it. :P

And thanks Rekhan for revealing this ahead of time, usually you don't hear about specs until 1 month prior to release.
    Cmdr Data wrote:
    Anyone know a Decent Low Profile graphics card i could get? I have a slimline PC so can't buy regular, Grr.
    apart from that everything else is fine! It'll likely run the game but I have integrated graphics and it sucks

Depends on your system. Like what's your expansion capabilities (PCI? PCIx16, etc) and your power supply. Current low-end cards need at least 300w (350w recommended), and high-end cards being up to 550w.
    edited November 2009
    Good I can easily go at warp speed, LOLOLOLOLOL.
    edited November 2009
    Whew!!! No need to spend a fortune upgrading. You've made my day cryptic:)
    edited November 2009
    Covered and then some. Excellent news. :)
    edited November 2009
    Looks like I'm covered for everything, except for my video card. Will a laptop Radeon HD 4500 series work? =]
    edited November 2009
    Based on the vids Ive seen I'm impressed that they fit these kinds of graphics inside those requirements.

Of course I'm not worrying. 2.3ghz Quad core, 4G's of ram and a 9800 GT.....
    The sys-reqs never kept me up at night :p

But I do feel a happy warm feeling inside for those who were holding their breath and can now breathe easy. :D

that is about my systeam too 2.4 6 gs of ram and 9800gt akimbo 1gb
    edited November 2009
    Azurian wrote: »
    Depends on your system. Like what's your expansion capabilities (PCI? PCIx16, etc) and your power supply. Current low-end cards need at least 300w (350w recommended), and high-end cards being up to 550w.

I've got an AMD Phenom X3 8550 Triple Core Processor, 3Gb ram. Running on Vista. My PSU is only 220w which i agree i'll prolly need to upgrade. I have a couple of PCIE slots and i think one PCIEx16. As its an Integrated Motherboard GPU i have thankfully i'm not using up one of those slots already.
    edited November 2009
    These are bizarre requirements in particular with the graphics cards. You say are 7950GT/X1800 or Intel HD min? Now correct me if I am wrong but a 6600/6800/7200/7300/7600/7800 graphics cards are all much faster and more capable then a Intel HD integrated card. So why list the Intel alongside a higher end Nvidia/ATI card? Why not list a Intel HD with a 7300GT and X1300 as a minimum?

Another thing that confuses users is that due to the way graphics card versions are labelled a 8400 is not faster then a 7950 although the number is "higher". I do hope this is made clearer in the faqs or documentation. This is not a cryptic problem but its one that game manufacters should address when releasing requirements.

After all this ranting though I am glad to be fine with a 9600GT, Quad Core and 4GB of memory. :-)
    edited November 2009
    So this game coming out in 2010 is still using DX9?
    :eek:

Well, from what I've seen with Age of Conan, the only systems that can do justice (i.e. run with any degree of detail) to that D10 game are real top of the line systems. DX10 hansn't really caught on as much as I thought it would and now DX11 is here, so it's not surprising that they go for the current "standard" DX9.
    edited November 2009
    Well, from what I've seen with Age of Conan, the only systems that can do justice (i.e. run with any degree of detail) to that D10 game are real top of the line systems. DX10 hansn't really caught on as much as I thought it would and now DX11 is here, so it's not surprising that they go for the current "standard" DX9.

Yeah I agree. Not too bothered that there isn't any DX10 support
    edited November 2009
    Im going to be ok and it will be interesting to see how it runs on Win 7
    edited November 2009
    I'm not massively technical, but it seems my SLI GeForce 7600's will need replacing.

Now I just need to convince the wife...and maybe cancel Xmas presents for the baby as well.
    edited November 2009
    Im well fine

Q9550 @ 3.83
    4 Gig RAM @ 1081
    4980 1 Gig
    Win7 HP 64

So all to easy for me. :)
    edited November 2009
    System Requirements
    OS: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit) CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 Ghz or AMD Athlon X2 3800+ Memory: 1GB RAM Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 / ATI Radeon X1800 / Intel HD Graphics Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Soundcard DirectX: Version 9.0c or Higher HDD: 8GB Free Disk Space Network: Internet Broadband Connection Required Disc: 6X DVD-ROM

Rekhan thank you very much for posting the specs. We have been waiting for this day for... like, forever. ;)

I will need a brand new machine to run it. Anyone know if Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 (2.53 Ghz), and ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 with 1Gb RAM will be enough?

Or a system with Intel Core 2 Duo mobile T6600 (2.2 Ghz) with NVIDIA GeForce G210M GPU?
    edited November 2009
    My Core i7 920 with 6GB PC3-12800, 2 TB striped storage and Radeon 4870 coupled with a 100MB company leased line should result gaming bliss
    edited November 2009
    I hope I can run this too. I 'should' and I'm 99.9999999% sure I will with an Intel 920 i7, 6gm ram and 4870x2 2gb gfx. However, I got RE5 for the pc and it plays absolutely fine expect for 1 bit in particular where the fps just nosedives to 8.5 (was up to 60 or more). The cause is the AA so have turned it effectively off and have no problems. If I continue to have ATI issues I might go back to nvidia (still got a working 8800 gtx). The driver update hasn't fixed the problem though but despite all this is still plays well and looks good on my pc.
    edited November 2009
    Hmmm Ive got a Intel P4 HT does that count as a dual core?

and the BIG question people bound to ask...

"Im still waiting for Beta Acceptance, IF my stated System Requirements do not meet the mininium stated in the FAQ, does that affect my chances at Beta Acceptence?"
    edited November 2009
    cyber_256 wrote: »
    These are bizarre requirements in particular with the graphics cards. You say are 7950GT/X1800 or Intel HD min? Now correct me if I am wrong but a 6600/6800/7200/7300/7600/7800 graphics cards are all much faster and more capable then a Intel HD integrated card. So why list the Intel alongside a higher end Nvidia/ATI card? Why not list a Intel HD with a 7300GT and X1300 as a minimum?

That is the same think I'm asking myself, too. In my laptop I have a GeForce 8600M GT. It is not as fast as a GeForce 7950 GT, but a lot faster than any onboard graphic card from Intel. So why this big gap? I don't get it.
    edited November 2009
    Well good. At least we know SOMETHING about this game finally other than we shot things and blow them up.

I guess we could call this progress.
    edited November 2009
    So my E6850 Core 2 Duo 4MB 3.0GHz, L2 Cache, 1333 FSB will let me play this game?
    edited November 2009
    Rekhan thank you very much for posting the specs. We have been waiting for this day for... like, forever. ;)

I will need a brand new machine to run it. Anyone know if Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 (2.53 Ghz), and ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 with 1Gb RAM will be enough?

Or a system with Intel Core 2 Duo mobile T6600 (2.2 Ghz) with NVIDIA GeForce G210M GPU?

You should be able to run it with this but if you plan on upgrading i would sujest goin to a quadcore witch are moderatly priced atm, or go with some of the new I7s they seem to be running it atm.
    edited November 2009
    Im sure a P4 3+gig will be able to run this game on lowest setting. there realy is not much difference in 1.8 duo core and p4 3.0 long as you are not tryin to run alota **** in background. Most game will let you play it as long as your vidio card can handle it, even if your cpu is slacking a lil bit. You should ask someone that plays champion online tho i read somewhere that if you can play it you most likely will be able to play sto.
    edited November 2009
    good, i can play without any problems!!!
    edited November 2009
    amd athlon II x4 quad core
    4 gigs crucial ram
    500 gig hd
    nvidia gts 250 1gig oc

i should be fine :-)

ironically i just learned that the gts250 is the identical card to the 9800 gtx, interesting fact eh?
This discussion has been closed.