test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Welcome to Star Trek Online!

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Just pop in your official key to your account and login, you should be upto date on patches, and be able play. Me on other hand had bought pre-order from gamestop and it ships 2-2-2010........... within 5-10 business days I should have my package, so cool pre-ordering, and having wait few weeks to play head start that doesn't exist because I don't have head-start key until I receive my package............
    edited February 2010
    thanks. the servers were down much of the weekend so there was not much to the head start. so you didn't miss much.
    edited February 2010
    No one seems to be replying to any posts I write so I'll just have to keep trying. Do we have to pay for extra time just to be able to activate our account? It seems that way but I can't help but think that would be extremely ******, I'd like to know but there seems to be no way to get any answers around here.
    edited February 2010
    ... the game just went live and im already getting spam in my inbox about paying to lvl or to get money in game..... theres gotta be something added to my inbox to block spam..
    edited February 2010
    Cpt_Voice wrote: »
    No one seems to be replying to any posts I write so I'll just have to keep trying. Do we have to pay for extra time just to be able to activate our account? It seems that way but I can't help but think that would be extremely ******, I'd like to know but there seems to be no way to get any answers around here.

to this no, some I believing are mistaking Del taco event with free shuttle key as offical game keys... you still need buy the pre-ordered game, or buy game from stores, to be able play the game and access your shuttle after activating your account, you then add bonus keys to your account.
    edited February 2010
    AND SO THE COMMENTS FROM PEOPLE THAT ACT LIKE THEY ARE COOLER THAN EVERYONE CONTINUES....................STAY TUNED FOR MORE

and the people that complain about the people that are cooler than them complain about people being cooler than them... stay tuned for more!
    edited February 2010
    Two weeks ago I bought a three month subscription off of the STO web page. It didn't bring me to the list of retailers, it simply gave me the choice of 1 month, 3 month, 6, or lifetime. I bought the three month knowing that I'm leaving for bootcamp at the end of March. Got the key, activated my account, played beta for about a week, then (just before headstart) I got an error each time I entered my password into the launcher. "account error, contact billing support" tried multiple time. Today I was on hold with billing for 4 hours before my cellphone ran out of batteries. I've submitted a ticket, and sent a direct email.

That account can't post replies in threads, so now I'm stuck with this temp account...

Any help would be great!
    edited February 2010
    Fluxspacer wrote: »
    Two weeks ago I bought a three month subscription off of the STO web page. It didn't bring me to the list of retailers, it simply gave me the choice of 1 month, 3 month, 6, or lifetime. I bought the three month knowing that I'm leaving for bootcamp at the end of March. Got the key, activated my account, played beta for about a week, then (just before headstart) I got an error each time I entered my password into the launcher. "account error, contact billing support" tried multiple time. Today I was on hold with billing for 4 hours before my cellphone ran out of batteries. I've submitted a ticket, and sent a direct email.

That account can't post replies in threads, so now I'm stuck with this temp account...

Any help would be great!

It does make it clear on the subscription page that you have to buy a retail copy of the game as well as having a subscription.

the quickest thing you can do is go to an online retailer like gamestop and buy a copy, then apply your retail code and the game should work.

if you haven't bought a copy yet then talking to ryptic is not going to help you.
    edited February 2010
    Gonzoxl5 wrote: »
    It does make it clear on the subscription page that you have to buy a retail copy of the game as well as having a subscription.

the quickest thing you can do is go to an online retailer like gamestop and buy a copy, then apply your retail code and the game should work.

if you haven't bought a copy yet then talking to ryptic is not going to help you.

Or better yet, don't buy a copy and play a different game, cause even if you buy a copy, Cryptic still won't help you. Or at least that has been my experience. I submitted two tickets, and after 4 days, no response.
    <FAIL>
    edited February 2010
    you want to know what happened to me when i tried logging in it says i can't access the server at this time what the hell is going on i havent gotten my retail copy yet so i am now being frozen out right
    edited February 2010
    Looks like Cryptic have assumed that everyone was either getting STO via steam or queuing outside to pick up thier retail copy, alot of people will have thier retail copies stuck in the post for the next few days. So Cryptic could have done the 'nice' customer friendly thing and given a week's grace period for people on the head start to allow the retail copies & keys to arrive. But I guess they prefer being dumb and annoying people over real customer service.:mad:
    edited February 2010
    No, Floyd. They did that because they don't like you specifically. ;)
    edited February 2010
    "It does make it clear on the subscription page that you have to buy a retail copy of the game as well as having a subscription.

the quickest thing you can do is go to an online retailer like gamestop and buy a copy, then apply your retail code and the game should work."

Ahh, that explains it! I thought that because I got the game in beta and downloaded the entire client I'd be set.

Well, what is the concensus? Is the game worth ~$100 for 2 more months?
    edited February 2010
    Yup, it is.
    edited February 2010
    No, Floyd. They did that because they don't like you specifically. ;)

I get that all the time :p
    edited February 2010
    I get that all the time :p

LOLZ! Touche!
    edited February 2010
    ... the game just went live and im already getting spam in my inbox about paying to lvl or to get money in game..... theres gotta be something added to my inbox to block spam..

STOP THE SPAMMING!!!!! i already paid for lifetime membership.. i dont need help with in game money or leveling...
    edited February 2010
    There is very little I am celebrating about. I have the game but can't complete the activation because of billing. It wants a prepaid time card the stores here do not have.
    edited February 2010
    Received my pre-order finally tonight checked my mail box, after got home from college class Business Law, Game didn't come with a head start key.......... not that I need it now anyways.
    edited February 2010
    okay so i'm a newbie to online games... but i can't even play my game because server is down??
    so is my free 30 days aready down to 29... help i need answers..
    edited February 2010
    Why are the Servers full i have payed to sit in a fing queue WHY FFS:mad:
    edited February 2010
    Now what? I get booted off and when I try to relog, I'm out in line behind 800 other people. The queue is BS. Who is going to watch the f'n computer for an hour just to log in? Not everyone has time to wait all day just to log in. This is a joke. A very bad joke at that.
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, I saw beta projects going better than this. Except our story is we have to pay for this chaos. :D

So here we are paying some kind of beta project :D
    edited February 2010
    Yea nice welcome login Queue 1076, after were logged in it crashes Wow really Cool :(
    edited February 2010
    On behalf of everyone here at Cryptic, I'd like to welcome everyone to Star Trek Offline!

The countdown has just begun and the wait is going to be forever! We are happy that you have chosen to waste your money and look forward to getting the most money possible out of you during your stay with us.

Here are a few helpful hints that will make your forum experience better:

1) Use the Search tool. Before creating a new thread, take a minute to see if someone else has complained about your topic to which you can add your contribution.

2) Keep an eye out for Developer posts. Posts from Devs will be clearly marked and you can also use the Dev Tracker to keep tabs on us. Along with the hint above, many of your questions could be answered with a few mouse clicks, but don't count on it being from a Cryptic representative.

3 Please read the Forum Guidelines. It's important that you do so in order to maintain a fun and friendly atmosphere for everyone who visits.

4) We are here for your money! Don't ask us questions, offer suggestions or give us your feedback. We will do our best to avoid what we can and don't really care to hear from you.

Once again, welcome to the Star Trek Offline Forums. We will enjoy your time here!

Fixt.
    edited February 2010
    Welcome to Cryptic studios. Where your money is now our money. And we will spend it on drugs.
    edited February 2010
    I applaud the accomplishments of the STO staff in bringing Star Trek Online to us the eager game player. I fully understand the massive amount of work and problem solving that comes with launching such a massive endeavor. However, there is the customer side. One must not assume that because the product you have is in so much demand that it really doesn’t matter weather you lose a few or not. My belief is that every customer is important and customers have family and friends after all nothing can beat word of mouth advertising, which, can translate into future customers. Therefore lending a lack luster approach to customer issues can create problems. Frankly, logistic for game play issues and problems that may accurr should have been factored in the planning of the game. Trust me I understand the great amount of work as well as planning involved but, still you do have something going here with STO that can give other competitors a run for there money. One issue that has seemed have reared it’s head from what I perceive from friends I have playing the game here on the east coast is the, “You are not allowed to log into the server at this time”. This is occurring daily some of us only have a window of time to get in some game play and we find that we cannot. Paying for services that you can’t get access to when you want doesn’t sound or look like good customer service. To top it off it seems no one is trying to address the problem. Other issues include the purchase of Cryptic points that don’t show on the account in or out of game. Working access to the website email. I’m sure there are many problems customers are having with their accounts. I’m not bashing you guys, I know you have a lot on your plate but how about taking care of some the customer account issues that seem to be getting larger. Thanks for hearing me out and thanks for doing a good job so far. To those who may not agree with my post, well that is your right. Peace Out!
    edited February 2010
    I applaud the accomplishments of the STO staff in bringing Star Trek Online to us the eager game player. I fully understand the massive amount of work and problem solving that comes with launching such a massive endeavor. However, there is the customer side. One must not assume that because the product you have is in so much demand that it really doesn’t matter weather you lose a few or not. My belief is that every customer is important and customers have family and friends after all nothing can beat word of mouth advertising, which, can translate into future customers. Therefore lending a lack luster approach to customer issues can create problems. Frankly, logistic for game play issues and problems that may accurr should have been factored in the planning of the game. Trust me I understand the great amount of work as well as planning involved but, still you do have something going here with STO that can give other competitors a run for there money. One issue that has seemed have reared it’s head from what I perceive from friends I have playing the game here on the east coast is the, “You are not allowed to log into the server at this time”. This is occurring daily some of us only have a window of time to get in some game play and we find that we cannot. Paying for services that you can’t get access to when you want doesn’t sound or look like good customer service. To top it off it seems no one is trying to address the problem. Other issues include the purchase of Cryptic points that don’t show on the account in or out of game. Working access to the website email. I’m sure there are many problems customers are having with their accounts. I’m not bashing you guys, I know you have a lot on your plate but how about taking care of some the customer account issues that seem to be getting larger. Thanks for hearing me out and thanks for doing a good job so far. To those who may not agree with my post, well that is your right. Peace Out!

I concur 100%. Fixing the bugs and other assorted issues in-game are moot if your customer base can't even get in to play. Although I haven't had any of these issues, I have seen server timeouts, DC's and such and it is annoying. I have seen great strides reached in the few weeks that I have played STO, from the abyssmal Open Beta, the the atrocious Head Start, to now, the game has improved tenfold but that doesn't mean it's perfect. Actually far from it. there are still long roads ahead to get it to the point where it is reliable for everyone to play. But give Cryptic time to get it straight. they were rushed to get this game out there and on top of being given an unfinished product to work on, they have done a tremendous job, but they still have a bit to go before they can rest on the laurels of a job well done. Hopefully they won't dissappoint.
    edited February 2010
    Cryptic....you give MMOs a bad name. Just a small suggestion. Have the server capacity or a fast ramp up plan for when you go live to handle the demand morons. I've never been so frustrated to just play a game. If the the server downs aren't enough, there is little to no support ! Great launch pinheads. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    edited February 2010
    The Que does not even work for my system. It's intermitment. They don't even offer it anymore. It's sad that I have a 100 megabit connection at home which i pay a premium for, and STO can't get it right. I smell a class action if things don't turn around quickly.

Sky_Fox wrote:
    Now what? I get booted off and when I try to relog, I'm out in line behind 800 other people. The queue is BS. Who is going to watch the f'n computer for an hour just to log in? Not everyone has time to wait all day just to log in. This is a joke. A very bad joke at that.