test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Too much DPS.

Comments

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 3,102 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    protoneous wrote: »
    No, I'm not going to deconstruct any of my builds at this time. I am a showcase for STO as to what can be achieved on a low budget with a little perseverance :smile:

Interesting. Why would you think you need to deconstruct your build? According to you, build has very little to do with performance.

No Val I am not going to play the game in which you demand complex answers to things you assume are straight forward so as to enable a response in bold & goldenrod when you think you've found a contradiction.

Dialing back performance has quite a few facets to it depending upon the type of build. Please read "deconstruct" as applying to all aspects of a build including human input.

To repeat what I said before: "Cooldown reduction, ability actuation, piloting, mobility.. these are all far larger multipliers than "stuff" and are all areas that could merit a second look by a lot of players".

A player could have an all Mark XVIII gold build but without the human inputs mentioned above in italics they won't do very well.

A player could have an all Mark XII white build and with the human inputs mentioned above in italics they will do very well.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    No, I'm not going to deconstruct any of my builds at this time. I am a showcase for STO as to what can be achieved on a low budget with a little perseverance :smile:

Interesting. Why would you think you need to deconstruct your build? According to you, build has very little to do with performance.

No Val I am not going to play the game in which you demand complex answers to things you assume are straight forward so as to enable a response in bold & goldenrod when you think you've found a contradiction.

Only slotting 1 beam, instead of 8, doesn't sound all that complex to me. o:)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Now you're just repeating your argument: "Others in my guild have found the time, therefore so can she." I will not go there. If Annemarie says she has only 30 minutes available per day, then I will simply take that at face value. Doing anything else is presumptuous.
    That is not what I said so please don't put words in my mouth. If she says she only has 30 minutes, then I'm not debating that. What I am however saying is that she is one person in a vast playerbase of people and her 30 minutes a day is no more important than the 30 minutes a day of her teammates. The other 4 people on that team have lives just like she does and for all we know they're in the same boat of only playing 30 minutes per day. Why should they have to alter how they play in their 30 minutes per day to cater to how she prefers to play in her 30 minutes per day? THAT is what I am saying.

They should not 'have to alter how they play in their 30 minutes per day.' But maybe they can be considerate as to where they play (aka, at their own level).

To truly solve this, Elite players, and Advanced ones alike, should not be allowed to enter lower Tier TFO's... but only under the following conditions:

1) All TFO's should come in Normal, Advanced and Elite;
    2) Cryptic needs to build on its current internal parser to accurately determine someone's level (and err on the side of caution);
    3) TFO's that only exist on Normal, plus Events, remain free-for-all;
    4) The restriction should be per toon, not per account (as a particular toon on your account may not be decked out as well as other toons you have on that account,

This will lock no one out of content; it would likely be met with huge resistence, though.
    so again, where is the evidence of so called "elite interlopers" coming into runs and hitting people with penalties? Since you used annemarie as the example, she says this is happening, alright get me some evidence of it. From there we can discuss solutions that can be utilized on her side and potentially server side to prevent this from happening again. Are there changes she can make to her build and setup? Could she utilize different tactics without having to change her build? Can Cryptic alter their algorithms used for pulling random people to decrease the chances of this happening?

Her saying it's happening to her, is good enough for me. Would indeed be nice to know how many times it actually occurs, though.
    If someone is going to make a claim like this, they bear the burden of proof to demonstrate that something is happening. And so far the evidence we do have shows that in fact in almost all cases no uber DPS are actually present and the so called uber DPS are being blamed for something they didn't do. I'm not going to advocate any kind of change without some kind of evidence of something happening because talk is cheap and anyone can claim anything whether it's true or not. And no I'm not calling her a liar before someone says anything. I am saying there is insufficient evidence to substantiate her claims.

Only Cryptic can truly answer that, as I presume ppl on Normal are parsing less.
    Even then in STO every person has the same potential to acquire gear, ships and upgrades, with free to play methods taking longer but just as viable as someone paying cash. The only difference is the time it took to get there, with paying cash being like crossing the country by plane, and using free to play methods being like driving a car. Both will get you to your destination, but one is quicker.

That is a bit of an oversimplification, and maybe part and parcel of the 'git gud' mentality displayed in this thread (not just from you). It's like saying everyone can become rich, if they only choose to (which is obviously untrue, and entire economies would collapse if it were). Taking myself as an example, massive hand-eye coordination is required for when to press what, and still be able to not take your eye off the field. I'm not good at that. Others may have similar impediments, or entirely different ones that prevent them from becoming an Elite player.

N.B. Kudos on offering colonelmarik a free ship. That is definitely a gesture of good will. ;)
    3lsZz0w.jpg

@meimeitoo we are both >150K DPS so for the purposes of this thread are Elite players. Please describe, in detail, everything you are doing as an Elite player who has stepped down into normal difficulty event queues to ensure your conduct is both respectful and morally correct o:)

@meimeitoo we are both >150K DPS so for the purposes of this thread are Elite players. Please describe, in detail, everything you are doing as an Elite player who has stepped down into normal difficulty event queues to ensure your conduct is both respectful and morally correct o:)

LOL, cleverly done. :smile: And I feel flattered. But no, I'm not an Elite player, not by any stretch of the imagination. And events are exempt anyway, as Cryptic only offers them on Normal. This didn't used to be the case, btw. I distinctly remember being able to do the featured TFO's on Advanced, and still get the Event-daily. Then, one day, they decided to remove the Advanced/Elite TFO's from the queue during the Event -- for reasons unknown. They did the exact opposite of what they should have done (a certain recently introduced new mail/exchange system leaps to mind).
    3lsZz0w.jpg

..events are exempt anyway, as Cryptic only offers them on Normal.

Hey everybody, as an ELITE player @meimeitoo has declared events EXEMPT as Cryptic only offers them on Normal so from now on there's no need to dial things back in the interests of being respectful and morally correct :p
    edited May 2023

..events are exempt anyway, as Cryptic only offers them on Normal.

Hey everybody, as an ELITE player @meimeitoo has declared events EXEMPT as Cryptic only offers them on Normal so from now on there's no need to dial things back in the interests of being respectful and morally correct :p

Indeed. Because what you're overlooking, is the fact that Events only existing on Normal makes them a free-for-all, meaning you can expect players of all levels in there, Elite, Advanced, and ppl who are actually matching the Normal level of the Event. Whereas in a regular Normal TFO, the fair assumption is that the majority of players therein are of Normal level.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • live8evillive8evil Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    Yeah that's not how this works.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,662 Arc User
    edited May 2023
    nixie50 wrote: »
    so instead of screaming and posting walls of text, how about suggestions to fix it?

There have been quite a few suggestions made in this thread with regard to possible solutions. Would you care to follow your own suggestion here and discuss those or continue to do the very thing you are blaming others for?
    you edited her post
    bravo. work for MSNBC?
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,662 Arc User
    edited May 2023
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    We Want Vic Fontaine
This discussion has been closed.