test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 5/10/22

Comments

• aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    Confirmed with the OP, cannot log into character screen either.
  • vandar6vandar6 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same here
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    Yep! Disconnected from the Login Server before the Character Selection Screen even comes up. Testing these things would really go a long way before they push them to the live servers.
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    S.N.A.F.U.
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    same here, steam log in fails, almost got logged in once just for it to disconnect again.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • genemorphgenemorph Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    I managed to log in, then it booted me out when I changed character and can't get back in now. Not sure if it's broken or too many people are trying to login at the same time.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,493 Community Moderator
    Just a heads up guys, it is a known issue.
    Short update on maintenance this morning: We are investigating an account server crash on PC, and game crashes on Xbox and PlayStation. All platforms are currently locked while we investigate, we'll keep you updated as we know more. Thanks for your patience.
    From the forum news feed thread.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • dave67783#1664 dave67783 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Similar - took a number of tries to get logged in, then I changed character and saw a message saying it was loading a list of maps, then got booted and and told to try logging in later. Login servers are pretty borked, I suspect the hamsters have died.
    Dave
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,866 Arc User
    I keep getting "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly" when I try to launch
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,184 Arc User
    Well thats new got Login incomplete missing battlepasses
  • cardassian#1879 cardassian Member Posts: 1 New User
    "It's DEAD Jim." - McCoy in regards to server Hamster
  • roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    Am continually getting login server timing out

Here. I'm just barely now trying to start my day of gaming, and I'm getting this.

*Update:
    Looks like it finally decided to connect me on the 9th attempt.
  • briqe51briqe51 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Tried logging in and got the good old "server timed out" message in about a quarter second. Funny how this stuff usually happens right after adding new content. A little testing, please?
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2022
    Similar - took a number of tries to get logged in, then I changed character and saw a message saying it was loading a list of maps, then got booted and and told to try logging in later. Login servers are pretty borked, I suspect the hamsters have died.
    Dave

Oh no! Feed the poor hamsters, hopefully a heathier diet too!
    KD92vyr.png

I can't even get to the Login Servers, wish they'd reboot them all.
    0zxlclk.png
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    Yep! Disconnected from the Login Server before the Character Selection Screen even comes up. Testing these things would really go a long way before they push them to the live servers.

The problem with this idea is that *pushing* updates live can be the *reason* something goes wrong. It's an iterative process, and if some part of said iteration doesn't do what it's supposed to -- or doesn't find the data its written to expect -- the update process, in whole or in part, gets fouled up. And unfortunately, there's no realistic way to test for this. You only find out about the problem after the fact.

You have a completely canned test server to push them on for testing purposes first.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,757 Community Moderator
    /merged threads
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,219 Arc User
    edited May 2022
    sto-failszz.png

C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • michaelsdstmichaelsdst Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    anyone in?
    GIVE US THANK YOU FOR GIVING US THE TYPHOON! Enough said...
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,757 Community Moderator
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Just a heads up guys, it is a known issue.
    Short update on maintenance this morning: We are investigating an account server crash on PC, and game crashes on Xbox and PlayStation. All platforms are currently locked while we investigate, we'll keep you updated as we know more. Thanks for your patience.
    From the forum news feed thread.

Why has my post been merged with kael's post?

Because you're discussing the same issues being updated here.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    /merged threads

Why did you merge a patch notes post with a servers are broken post? That makes no sense.

C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • starjammer1165starjammer1165 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    oh realy still cant login o pc
  • ariccavariccav Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Just be patient people.
  • sifadiussifadius Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Still can't log in, Disconnected from Log-in Server. Not a big deal, just letting you know there is still an issue.
  • fatboy54fatboy54 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    Well thats new got Login incomplete missing battlepasses

That means you've lived a dishonorable life and are destined for Gre'thor.

One does not simply enter Sto'Vo'Kor without a battle pass..
  • zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    Why were the two merged? Talking about the same thing.
  • luckyatpwc1979luckyatpwc1979 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Green is lit darn it the servers just quit.
    I am sure they are doing the best to get it working.
    I blame Wesley.
    Been playing for ages and need more coffee
    /merged threads

Why did you merge a patch notes post with a servers are broken post? That makes no sense.

Sorry I forgot to say why it makes no sense. People come in and look for thread server broke can't connect ect.. they don't go to patch notes for that. They will not see it they open a new thread ect...

Also I have been trying like they said on "Social Media" and it makes no difference for me. Even if the map where chars is getting loaded it will disconnect before I hit ...

• ragnusthorneragnusthorne Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    attempt 1 timed out.
    attempt two, same error as earlier, missing battlepass.
    attempt 3 it just disconnected and said try again later lol.

all in all, same service I have come to accept over the years.

g6inh2pmwh5s.png

• starjammer1165starjammer1165 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    keeps saying Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly
  • minidariminidari Member Posts: 125 Arc User
This discussion has been closed.