test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shadow's Advance is Live (SPOILERS)

13»

Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User

Ah thanks for clearing that up.
    Basically they replaced Ethan Burgess and his cheerily annoying "WELL HELLO THERE!", with Janeway

The enemy of my enemy sorta thing.

And mirror Janeway sure has some powerful looking arms...could see her tearing phone books in half as a hobby. :#
    Orange is the New Black Janeway! Also remember Janeway is involved in these missions, so the Janeway corollary to the Prime Directive applies.
    "It's not evil if WE(I) Do It!"

Ehh...prime directive is a doctrine of moral laziness.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,800 Arc User

Basically they replaced Ethan Burgess and his cheerily annoying "WELL HELLO THERE!", with Janeway

And mirror Janeway sure has some powerful looking arms...could see her tearing phone books in half as a hobby. :#
    Orange is the New Black Janeway! Also remember Janeway is involved in these missions, so the Janeway corollary to the Prime Directive applies.

Exactly the Prime Directive isn't even moral at all, it all boils down on whether or not if a species is warp capable, If a species isn't warp capable the Federation just leaves them to die, it's why Picard threw a hissy fit in the TNG episode Homeward when doctor Nikolai Rozhenko saved a dying race from extinction who btw haven't invented FTL travel.
  • vonhellstingvonhellsting Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    So I guess the difference between our Janeway and the mirror universes one is the mirror universe's one is less evil. :p
    The Lobi Crystals are Faaaakkkkee!
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,800 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    So I guess the difference between our Janeway and the mirror universes one is the mirror universe's one is less evil. :p

I'm surprised Prime Janeway is working with her Terran Counterpart, I thought Prime Janeway hated dealing with other Janeways.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User

Exactly the Prime Directive isn't even moral at all, it all boils down on whether or not if a species is warp capable, If a species isn't warp capable the Federation just leaves them to die, it's why Picard threw a hissy fit in the TNG episode Homeward when doctor Nikolai Rozhenko saved a dying race from extinction who btw haven't invented FTL travel.

If I were on Picard's enterprise at the time, I'd have flung my badge at him, and resigned, giving him the 2 finger salute.
    Here's a good article. https://skepticink.com/incredulous/2012/11/04/the-prime-directive-star-treks-doctrine-of-moral-laziness/

Anyhow, I use the ambush turrets a lot on my virtual me toon. She/me would be using all sorts of alien or foreign tech as much as she/I could. Even using the Terran stuff like that razor disk ya can throw.....I keep wanting to do the Xena yell when I use it. Think of me like Entrapta from Dreamworks She-ra. :D
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • mckurland91mckurland91 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Despite the fact that Persis Khambatta died in 1998, they could definitely find a suitable voice double if Ilia awakens. But that also begs questions regarding Stephen Collins as Commander Willard Decker, as well as any surviving cast member from TMP, including William Shatner as Captain James T. Kirk.
  • mckurland91mckurland91 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I did ask Shatner about possibly returning for this game as Kirk. He actually told me that if the mission that he would be part of was interesting enough, then he might be persuaded to beam back to Starfleet.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,444 Community Moderator
    Necromancy Detected. Over 30 days since last post. Begone Zombie!
    *casts Holy Photon Torpedo*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.