Comments

• Options
    baihu#9879 baihu Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    qultuq wrote: »
    > @baihu#9879 said:
    >
    > More places to see
    > like Paris see the captial of Starfeet itself

Okinawa Daystorm Institute! Okinawa Represent!!

Seriously though if they are doing locations—I would prefer places like Ferenginar or Cardassia Prime. I can go to Okinawa anytime.

Deisutorōmu sentan robotto kōgakukenkyūsho would be fun to visted
  • Options
    Forgot to add facial hair for Romulans, it was always odd how Vulcans were capable of growing facial hair while their offshoots weren't able to, Vulcan and Romulans are the same species genetically, with some minor differences here and there, I'm also surprised that Vulcans don't have access to Romulan skin tones considering that Spock's skin was referred to having a greenish tint.

true it make no sense why they don't.
  • Options
    even adding a monthly membership would be nice instead of paying 300 USD for a lifrtime membership.
    i know the merits of lifetime membership is a amazing. Its still a lot of money for a older game.
    if they ever make a ST:O 2 and offer a character transfer for lifetime membership I can see it a little.
  • Options
    westmetals wrote: »
    baihu#9879 wrote: »
    even adding a monthly membership would be nice instead of paying 300 USD for a lifrtime membership.
    i know the merits of lifetime membership is a amazing. Its still a lot of money for a older game.
    if they ever make a ST:O 2 and offer a character transfer for lifetime membership I can see it a little.

They used to have a monthly; it was discontinued about 3-4 years ago.

I see, I wonder why they ended the program?
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    It would have to be the four year end of that range, by the time I came back to the game in January 2018 subs were already gone.

I think they did it because of the commitment to making as open a game as possible so there was not much behind the subscription paywall left and between power creep and the upswing in events what was there was becoming less and less relevant.
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    It would have to be the four year end of that range, by the time I came back to the game in January 2018 subs were already gone.

I think they did it because of the commitment to making as open a game as possible so there was not much behind the subscription paywall left and between power creep and the upswing in events what was there was becoming less and less relevant.

LTS is still worth it you get sick uniforms and Borg, don't really care about Talaxians, personally Talaxians aren't even worth EC or Dil, they're space hobbits, they're lazy, stupid and hungry, I wished Gaul would have finished the job, can we kill talaxians, I think that would improve the game a lot.
  • Options

LTS is still worth it you get sick uniforms and Borg, don't really care about Talaxians, personally Talaxians aren't even worth EC or Dil, they're space hobbits, they're lazy, stupid and hungry, I wished Gaul would have finished the job, can we kill talaxians, I think that would improve the game a lot.

LTS is worth it but there are a few thing they could tweek.
    and I agree the Talaxian are pretty much nothing special, but would be a nice unlockable race for gameplay specially after finishing the delta quad missions.

But it would be nice if they make a updated version of the STO.
    they could have made New Romulans and Nex Talax Grow to see how they improved.

I may not be fan of Talaxian, they could have a nice storyline.

it also be nice if they Racial Stories lines, like if you play a Trill and buy Jointed Trill you can unlock a mission for your Trill to become joined.

• Options
    shiratora#1606 shiratora Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    It be nice if they make a newer version, with update graphics, new stories lines.
    with character transfer for LTS and Veterns.
    they could expand on the storyline more for some ideas.
    New Romulan fully developed.
    Help New Vulcan developed.
    Have better factions equality.
    Keep the Idea of the KDF, StarFleet, R.R.
    you can add special factions through gameplay or through zen stories.
    like section 31, Temporal, Mirror, and so on but add them equaly to each factions so it get players to do different stories.
    New Ships designs for all factions.
    put in a mentorship, where new players can get assigned to a vetern player to learn more.
    have player support where trusted players can help solved issues to help with the burden.
    New why of Selling Boff, where you can pick the factions of the boff looking for.
    Underwater Missions, it sound odd but there was a few old underwater mission in TAS and other series.
    Able to choose what NPC call you.

Memoral Graveyard to those who stars and Developers pass away are remebers.

• Options
    It be nice if they make a newer version, with update graphics, new stories lines.
    like section 31, Temporal, Mirror, and so on but add them equaly to each factions so it get players to do different stories.
    put in a mentorship, where new players can get assigned to a vetern player to learn more.
    have player support where trusted players can help solved issues to help with the burden.
    New why of Selling Boff, where you can pick the factions of the boff looking for.
    Underwater Missions, it sound odd but there was a few old underwater mission in TAS and other series.

I still refuse to accept the very notion that all the Romulans moved to Vulcan willingly, I feel like some would still try to rebuild their Star Empire amidst the 32nd century.
  • Options

I still refuse to accept the very notion that all the Romulans moved to Vulcan willingly, I feel like some would still try to rebuild their Star Empire amidst the 32nd century.

Same but I think they were talking about how in the new movies Vulcan is no more.
    The empire will rise as the republic grows then one day they be united.
  • Options
    Same but I think they were talking about how in the new movies Vulcan is no more.

That is in a separate timeline/universe, we briefly visit that dimension in Terminal Expanse,

"We have discovered that the Sphere Builders have been conducting operations in other universes. They aren't just looking to make changes in time, but in other dimensions as well.

Their experiments in the parallel universe have produced results that will aid them in forming Expanses here. We need to travel to that reality and stop the Sphere Builder research... while we still can."- Quote Daniels
  • Options
    rascally8abbit#2284 rascally8abbit Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    My first fix:
    Give us at least a week or so between events. I would be nice to sort through all the stuff collected, put it up for auction, sell it back or barter and give us time to finish the story line because after you run the hallowween castle you are bored out of your mind.

2nd Fix
    No more Neverwinter Online in a Star Trek TFO. It was a novelty the first time, the other 13 grind. It shows thinking but is just simply reusing assets from another game. This TFO for 14-21 days is torture.

Third Fix
    End grind events make them shorter 10 days to run a mission 7 days

Fourth Fix
    Extend the storylines/arcs. You need to get more out of your episodes than you currently do, since you did your episode reduction fix. Why not spend 10-15 on a story arc than 4-6. For one it makes you have to come up with all new problems for each episode arch. By extending we get to know the bad guys better and feel it is a long story line

Fifth fix
    Do 1-4 before we talk about the 5th fix.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    I dunno how many assets in the Halloween TFO are from other games, the castle assets are from STO (they're Boreth assets) and the witches don't look very D&D either, leaving only really the skeletons as potential Neverwinter assets.
  • Options
    If I remember correctly the skeletons in Neverwinter are armored while the event ones here are not, though I suppose they might have used some of the animations (like the breaking apart on 'death'). The ghosts maybe? I think they may have something similar in the other game.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Honestly the ghosts are a pretty easy effect to do anyway and seem to be pre-existing generic NPC models with a new(ish) effect.
  • Options
    spiritborn wrote: »
    I dunno how many assets in the Halloween TFO are from other games, the castle assets are from STO (they're Boreth assets) and the witches don't look very D&D either, leaving only really the skeletons as potential Neverwinter assets.

Neverwinter is based on D&D and in D&D witches are known as Hags, they're ugly and barely resemble the witches in this game.
  • Options
    If I remember correctly the skeletons in Neverwinter are armored while the event ones here are not, though I suppose they might have used some of the animations (like the breaking apart on 'death'). The ghosts maybe? I think they may have something similar in the other game.
    Honestly the ghosts are a pretty easy effect to do anyway and seem to be pre-existing generic NPC models with a new(ish) effect.

Neverwinter is based on D&D and in D&D witches are known as Hags, they're ugly and barely resemble the witches in this game.

The halloween event is pretty lame, they could have made it better by making it a event storyline with multiable stories lines and tales of the most scary episode seen in star trek.
  • Options
    edited October 2021

The halloween event is pretty lame, they could have made it better by making it a event storyline with multiable stories lines and tales of the most scary episode seen in star trek.

I actually like the event, there is so little that is based on TOS in the game so it is a welcome addition, but tastes vary.

I am hoping that they add to it each year, sort of like how the summer and winter events were added to from time to time but faster until they get enough scenarios for alternate choices, or expand the current one into an optional mission form to go alongside the TFO version.

One of the devs was talking about the possibility making a TFO version of Spectres for Halloween, which would be a great thing to add next year if they can for a little variety (or better yet have the full Spectres arc as the mission options for the event). Spectres even has the same kind of in-story puzzles instead of the idiotic phone games (like the spinny triangle or match the squarewave) that so many of the others have, so it would fit in without having to modify it.
  • Options
    I actually like the event, there is so little that is based on TOS in the game so it is a welcome addition, but tastes vary.

I am hoping that they add to it each year, sort of like how the summer and winter events were added to from time to time but faster until they get enough scenarios for alternate choices, or expand the current one into an optional mission form to go alongside the TFO version.

One of the devs was talking about the possibility making a TFO version of Spectres for Halloween, which would be a great thing to add next year if they can for a little variety (or better yet have the full Spectres arc as the mission options for the event). Spectres even has the same kind of in-story puzzles instead of the idiotic phone games (like the spinny triangle or match the squarewave) that so many of the others have, so it would fit in without having to modify it.

I had an idea for next Halloween event, Count Romula and his army of fellow Romulan "Vampires" Augments wake up from their stasis chambers to wreck havoc and to suck blood, Devs can use it, since they have my full consent.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    My first fix:
    Give us at least a week or so between events. I would be nice to sort through all the stuff collected, put it up for auction, sell it back or barter and give us time to finish the story line because after you run the hallowween castle you are bored out of your mind.
    I wouldn't mind some time between events honestly. But not because I'm bored of the castle.
    2nd Fix
    No more Neverwinter Online in a Star Trek TFO. It was a novelty the first time, the other 13 grind. It shows thinking but is just simply reusing assets from another game. This TFO for 14-21 days is torture.
    Its not though. The castle environment is a reuse of the assets from Boreth, native to STO.
    Third Fix
    Except they run them for three weeks to allow people time to run it because RL can get in the way. You got a whole week of grace period, and you want to reduce it to 3 days?
    Fourth Fix
    Extend the storylines/arcs. You need to get more out of your episodes than you currently do, since you did your episode reduction fix. Why not spend 10-15 on a story arc than 4-6. For one it makes you have to come up with all new problems for each episode arch. By extending we get to know the bad guys better and feel it is a long story line
    It already takes quite a long time to get through making stuff for us as it is for the length of story they set up. And if you consider how long ago we were introduced to J'ula... well... you really think we can get more out of her? She's already disliked by quite a few people, at least on the forums, based on the missions we already have with her.

And if we add more story missions... how many do you think might end up mostly as filler like Of Bajor?
    Fifth fix

Guess we're never gonna hear about that #5 then.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    I wonder if #5 was going to be something about fixing that darned landing screen, again?
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    My first fix:
    I wouldn't mind some time between events honestly. But not because I'm bored of the castle.
    2nd Fix
    Its not though. The castle environment is a reuse of the assets from Boreth, native to STO.
    Third Fix
    Except they run them for three weeks to allow people time to run it because RL can get in the way. You got a whole week of grace period, and you want to reduce it to 3 days?
    Fourth Fix
    It already takes quite a long time to get through making stuff for us as it is for the length of story they set up. And if you consider how long ago we were introduced to J'ula... well... you really think we can get more out of her? She's already disliked by quite a few people, at least on the forums, based on the missions we already have with her.

And if we add more story missions... how many do you think might end up mostly as filler like Of Bajor?
    Fifth fix

Guess we're never gonna hear about that #5 then.
    protoneous wrote: »
    I wonder if #5 was going to be something about fixing that darned landing screen, again?

I agree it would be nice.
    and I hope they fixed the glitches. on my main account i been unable to used for a while now due to all the problems.
  • Options
    More Ground Content pls, I think it would improve the game even more.
  • Options
    More Ground Content pls, I think it would improve the game even more.

Agreed, and more diplomatic DOFF mission.
    there many great ideas for missions and ground base stories.
  • Options
    maxpower#8188 maxpower Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    MIRROR UNIVERSE BEEM UP/DOWN TOS EFFCT
    ---
    25 CENTURY MIRROR UNIVERSE BEEM UP/DOWN EFFCT RED COLOR OR MAYBE A MIRROR FACTION WITH A STORY HOW YOU CROSSOVER OR MAKE THIS A ZEN STORE ITEM

https://youtube.com/watch?v=I9xN0Ol5vZQION
  • Options
    cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    I want improved balancing, items, and more abilities.

Armor slot
    Engineer slots that aren't just used for universal console slots, but engineering only consoles.
    Cruiser only item slot
    Carrier balance
    First officer system
    more specializations
    More ability balancing
  • Options
    I want improved balancing, items, and more abilities.

Armor slot
    Engineer slots that aren't just used for universal console slots, but engineering only consoles.
    Cruiser only item slot
    Carrier balance
    First officer system
    more specializations
    More ability balancing

Agreed, they should have more slots for ship and personal
    even a way to increased Bridge officer slots and improve the ship officer teir.
This discussion has been closed.