Options

Ideas for improve to game

Comments

• Options
    baihu#9879 baihu Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    MIRROR UNIVERSE BEEM UP/DOWN TOS EFFCT
    ---
    25 CENTURY MIRROR UNIVERSE BEEM UP/DOWN EFFCT RED COLOR OR MAYBE A MIRROR FACTION WITH A STORY HOW YOU CROSSOVER OR MAKE THIS A ZEN STORE ITEM

https://youtube.com/watch?v=I9xN0Ol5vZQION

The developers have said that the transporter effects are too baked in to each faction - they can't be changed. So it would have to be as a new faction. And they've also said they do not plan a mirror faction because their market analysis says players do not want to play bad guys.

well you do not need to play a bad guy, you could defected to starfleet after realizing the Empire being a true evil.
    there many ways to play out this factions.
    1. your a spy who take the place of your counterpart, and realize it be better to a starfleet.
    2. Your a member of terran resistance who fighting agaist Empire and working for Section 31.
    3. it just a storyline it up to the player if they are good or evil.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    I dunno how many assets in the Halloween TFO are from other games, the castle assets are from STO (they're Boreth assets) and the witches don't look very D&D either, leaving only really the skeletons as potential Neverwinter assets.

Neverwinter is based on D&D and in D&D witches are known as Hags, they're ugly and barely resemble the witches in this game.

At least in 5th Edition hags are a kind of a super natural monster and much more monstrous looking, warlocks would be closer to typical witches and those can (and look like) any of the player races.
  • Options
    baihu#9879 wrote: »
    ---
    25 CENTURY MIRROR UNIVERSE BEEM UP/DOWN EFFCT RED COLOR OR MAYBE A MIRROR FACTION WITH A STORY HOW YOU CROSSOVER OR MAKE THIS A ZEN STORE ITEM

The developers have said that the transporter effects are too baked in to each faction - they can't be changed. So it would have to be as a new faction. And they've also said they do not plan a mirror faction because their market analysis says players do not want to play bad guys.

well you do not need to play a bad guy, you could defected to starfleet after realizing the Empire being a true evil.
    there many ways to play out this factions.
    1. your a spy who take the place of your counterpart, and realize it be better to a starfleet.
    2. Your a member of terran resistance who fighting agaist Empire and working for Section 31.
    3. it just a storyline it up to the player if they are good or evil.

And they have also said they do not accept story ideas from players.

I know it just rought outlines for base for the concept, if they made the storyline of they players as it is writen, they would have to give some royality to them.
    and it also make it sound more like the foundery by doing that.
    Ideas like prompts should be okay, from what I was told by support.
  • Options
    I dunno how many assets in the Halloween TFO are from other games, the castle assets are from STO (they're Boreth assets) and the witches don't look very D&D either, leaving only really the skeletons as potential Neverwinter assets.

Neverwinter is based on D&D and in D&D witches are known as Hags, they're ugly and barely resemble the witches in this game.

At least in 5th Edition hags are a kind of a super natural monster and much more monstrous looking, warlocks would be closer to typical witches and those can (and look like) any of the player races.

Never played Neverwinter, but sounds like they should be more like classes instead of races, Hags in DnD depending on which edition and Books you used various differently.
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    ---

I like playing the Bad Guy, I still consider both Klingons and Romulans as evil races and they're pretty popular, the thing I like about Romulans is that they're basically Vulcans but evil, If Vulcans are Ravenclaws, then the Romulans are Slytherins, and yes I know I'm using HP references to describe trek races, but that besides the point however we tend to overlook the fact that both Klingons and Romulans practice slavery, can we at least acknowledge the fact that the Gorn and Reman are slaves, you'd think we would have a Gorn Rebellion on Qo'noS by now.
  • Options
    ---

I like playing the Bad Guy, I still consider both Klingons and Romulans as evil races and they're pretty popular, the thing I like about Romulans is that they're basically Vulcans but evil, If Vulcans are Ravenclaws, then the Romulans are Slytherins, and yes I know I'm using HP references to describe trek races, but that besides the point however we tend to overlook the fact that both Klingons and Romulans practice slavery, can we at least acknowledge the fact that the Gorn and Reman are slaves, you'd think we would have a Gorn Rebellion on Qo'noS by now.

can't say it any better.
    The Terran Empire is basicly just Human who follow the path of the Klingon and Romulans. we tend to put too much on it just because they are Humans.
    We all do not want to acknowledge our ancestors History or acknowledge how much the world has changed.
    Terran are not technically evil just due to their way of life is different by playing the terrans we can understand some of their history.
    for expamle did the south win the civil war?, Did TRIBBLE Germeny Win? or did Trump get a second term?
    are the Terran Augmented?

by understanding one history we can understand them.

Klingons fought agaist a alien race who tired to enslaved them.
    Romulan fleed for emptional freedom.
  • Options
    You can make all the argument you want... I'm just quoting previous statements from the developers. They have said (repeatedly) that the code doesn't allow for customizable transporter effects, they are locked to faction... and that they are not going to do a mirror faction because their market research says that most players don't want to play bad guys.

Sure, there might be a few players who either do not consider them bad guys, or who want to play bad guys, but those are perceived to be such a small number of players that it would not be worth their time and effort (which cost money) to make it.

that all good. pluse there more ways to get to the different universe then trasporter accients.
    but they say this now but with all the terran storyline and the new event they done which opens a great idea for a terran character storyline.

but we can only see that all.
  • Options
    flintl0ck33flintl0ck33 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    You can make all the argument you want... I'm just quoting previous statements from the developers. They have said (repeatedly) that the code doesn't allow for customizable transporter effects, they are locked to faction... and that they are not going to do a mirror faction because their market research says that most players don't want to play bad guys.

Sure, there might be a few players who either do not consider them bad guys, or who want to play bad guys, but those are perceived to be such a small number of players that it would not be worth their time and effort (which cost money) to make it.

I really dont understand that statement from the devs.

My Main character is federation. I beam down with a klingon, a jem hadar, a discovery boff and me.
    When I do i get red klingon affect, yellow discovery affect and Dominion transporter affect all at the same time...which is so annoying.
    Yet my TOS character using the same away team they ALL use the TOS affect. That implies that its possible to change the beaming affect for races such as Discovery, Jem hadar etc.. to match your character.

If thats the case why doesnt my main crew all beam down with the federation affect?
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    There are probably a number of different ways to call the transporter effects shotgunned throughout the code, and it is possible that some faction and subfaction database tables have kludges that effect the way transport SFX work for particular units and situations. It is probably more a factor of the slop of a decade of additions and changes by a lot of different people making chasing down all the bugs making a fundamental change in how transporter SFX is done than it is some single roadblock to doing it.

Most likely some programmer has tried to make selectable transporter effects in a pre-test copy of the game and server and found that there is no "magic domino" (yes, a DSC reference) that would make it work without kicking off a massive bughunt to bring it to a useable state.
  • Options
    flintl0ck33flintl0ck33 Member Posts: 37 Arc User

I really dont understand that statement from the devs.

My Main character is federation. I beam down with a klingon, a jem hadar, a discovery boff and me.
    When I do i get red klingon affect, yellow discovery affect and Dominion transporter affect all at the same time...which is so annoying.
    Yet my TOS character using the same away team they ALL use the TOS affect. That implies that its possible to change the beaming affect for races such as Discovery, Jem hadar etc.. to match your character.

If thats the case why doesnt my main crew all beam down with the federation affect?

It's possible for a BOFF to be of a different faction than the captain... see the icons on your status screen. And I have seen what you're talking about... if you notice, the BOFFs are using the animations for their own faction.

Not sure about the TOS character case... are you sure that they are the exact same BOFFs? (as I know there's four different Jem'Hadar, for example, and it's also possible to get a faction-matching Klingon BOFF through two different methods).

For example, the episode-reward Kobali BOFF is always TNG-style Federation regardless of the captain's faction.

Yes...i always generally use the Tactical Vanguard Jem Hadar BOFF, the Discovery Miracle worker Science. The Delta Pack Eng Trill and Elisa Flores for all my ground builds. Non TOS are mixed affect, the same BOFFS under TOS captain have a unified transported affect.
  • Options
    How the option to blow up planets, I mean since we commited every other war crime in our Starfleet career.
  • Options
    Orion Content, animated shows are just as canonical as their live action counterparts, So that means Grey Orions are canon, why not a Story Arc where we put Grey Orions back in their place after rebelling against their Green Orions masters.
  • Options
    How the option to blow up planets, I mean since we commited every other war crime in our Starfleet career.

Just wonder are you a Terran Spy or section 31?
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Orion Content, animated shows are just as canonical as their live action counterparts, So that means Grey Orions are canon, why not a Story Arc where we put Grey Orions back in their place after rebelling against their Green Orions masters.

There is no evidence that the gray Orions are discriminated against, the only thing that can be said for sure is that they don't seem to hang around slave markets or Qo'nos much, despite the only ones seen having been (rather inept) pirates. They may be rather rare like the Aenar on Andoria though so that could be why they are not seen much too.

There is also the theory that the gray skinned ones are just regular Orions who have been out of the ultraviolet-heavy sunlight they are adapted to for too long and the chlorophyll in their skin went dormant.

One funny thing is that the "pirate" ship in that TAS episode had that drydock (or cargo module holder) frame on the bottom of the ship similar to the Packled ship from Lower Decks. It could be those guys were the interstellar equivalent of car strippers.
    Post edited by phoenixc#0738 on
  • Options

The Grey and Rubby Orions are merged in to green through breeding, it just a matter how ones look at it they were at most around 5% of the orion population as a whole.

but we might see them in Lower Deck like the other races from the old Animated series.

just wondering the Animated series is cannon right?
  • Options
    byakko#2978 byakko Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    How about getting them to update the payment options.
    adding Google Pay or even opening a deal with amazon to get their giftcards there.
  • Options
    edited October 2021

The Grey and Rubby Orions are merged in to green through breeding, it just a matter how ones look at it they were at most around 5% of the orion population as a whole.

but we might see them in Lower Deck like the other races from the old Animated series.

just wondering the Animated series is cannon right?

Yes, the animated series (TAS) is canon now. Even before that (except for a week or two due to one of Roddenberry's infamous rants) it was canon but considered to be lower canon than live action so that anything from live that directly contradicted it overwrote it.

By the way, the word is "canon" not "cannon", cannons are weapons used in combat whereas canon is only wielded as a weapon in debates.
  • Options
    webby#1643 webby Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Remove the daily cap of refining
    Remove daily cap of XP to earn
    Be able to buy Zen with ingame money (so the poor players can buy also nice gear and ships (like me))
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    webby#1643 wrote: »
    Remove the daily cap of refining
    Remove daily cap of XP to earn
    Be able to buy Zen with ingame money (so the poor players can buy also nice gear and ships (like me))

Would break the economy is more then it is is now
    There's a XP cap?
    Already implemented in only way it's possible (aka the Dil-exchange) it's just not working properly due to there not being enough demand of Dilithium and no making Zen directly purchasable via in-game currency is never gonna happen (or exchange rate is gonna be so high that it might as well not happened) as Zen is how Cryptic makes money.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,598 Arc User
    even adding a monthly membership would be nice instead of paying 300 USD for a lifrtime membership.
    i know the merits of lifetime membership is a amazing. Its still a lot of money for a older game.
    if they ever make a ST:O 2 and offer a character transfer for lifetime membership I can see it a little.

they had a monthly sub. they ditched it i can't see them going back
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    webby#1643 wrote: »

Already implemented in only way it's possible (aka the Dil-exchange) it's just not working properly due to there not being enough demand of Dilithium
    You can blame the Whales for crashing the DilEx, there's supposed to be a steady flow of Zen, but instead they decided to hoard it all, however you know what would really fix the DilEx character bound T6 Novas, T6 Novas have been in Demand for years, so making them character bound Dil store items would slightly improve Dil's value as a currency.
This discussion has been closed.