test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legendary Romulan Warbird bundle

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    Maybe they only apply that rule to ships that aren't truly iconic - because no matter what show or universe they're from, a Constitution is a Constitution, and same for the D7.

Though...that rule means both the Akira and Prometheus could be considered, because they both have at least 2 variants.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Maybe they only apply that rule to ships that aren't truly iconic - because no matter what show or universe they're from, a Constitution is a Constitution, and same for the D7.

Though...that rule means both the Akira and Prometheus could be considered, because they both have at least 2 variants.​​

Back when he was streaming his model work Thomas specifically said he could see an argument for a Legendary Prometheus because it is widely loved by fans and carried an episode of Voyager.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,022 Community Moderator
    Back when he was streaming his model work Thomas specifically said he could see an argument for a Legendary Prometheus because it is widely loved by fans and carried an episode of Voyager.

I think that's another requirement of a Legendary. It had to be something in the spotlight as well. And the Prometheus would qualify.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    > @evilmark444 said:
    > Oh, one interesting and kind of odd statement they made twice during the stream was that a ship needs to have an existing lineage (ie at least two existing variants) within STO in order to qualify for Legendary treatment. I consider this odd because two of the original Legendary ships (Donnie and JJPrise) only had one prior variant at the time that the bundle was released. Why suddenly institute a rule that was broken in the very first Legendary release? For some context, they used this as a reason not to do a Legendary Vengeance, but it would seemingly also apply to some other obvious Legendary choices such as the Disco D7.

Well, they do have variants and consoles that they want to bundle with it to “justify” the price-gouge. If there weren’t existing “lineages” it would require more work. STO only has enough staff for Lowest Common Denominator projects.
    Post edited by qultuq on
  • Options
    kurtronkurtron Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I think that's another requirement of a Legendary. It had to be something in the spotlight as well. And the Prometheus would qualify.

The Nova sure would, too
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Another bloated bundle.. wow.. I couldn't be less excited.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,322 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Well since we got reskins and graphics updates on the Scimitar and D'd, I wonder what it could be?

I put one EC on a Tier 6 Legendary Nova bundle :open_mouth:

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    A legendary Prometheus would make sense, it was one of the most advanced ships towards the end of TNG-era Star Trek at the point of Voyager, also it is my favorite Trek ship so I'd love to have a legendary version of it.
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    A wasted opportunity to introduce Advanced Plasma Beam Arrays into the game with this bundle. Come on Cryptic, step-up.

Both ships looked really nice, but with this game it's not just about looks, will look more at the stat details tomorrow to see if worth buying immediately.
  • Options
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    A wasted opportunity to introduce Advanced Plasma Beam Arrays into the game with this bundle. Come on Cryptic, step-up.
    They don't introduce items like that with legendary ships, that's something that would only come with a promo or lockbox ship.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    > @evilmark444 said:
    > They don't introduce items like that with legendary ships, that's something that would only come with a promo or lockbox ship.

They could have included the plasma weapon set from Mudds store, that would have been useful bloat for the bundle.
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »

Hardly the only ship this applies to.
    True, but Bort's new criteria would seemingly disqualify the Nova until after a normal T6 version is released.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    The new Skin for the Scimitar looks awesome the one for the D'Deridex to forget. I hate that the D'deridex still has to be a 4/4 weapon ship. It makes almost as lame as the Galaxy and why so heavy engeneering focused if anything it should have been more science focused. However still getting the bundle no doubt I hope they leave the bloatware out, you know the xxxx nobody needs or wants.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    It's a shame when you are excited by one ship and phone in another you have to pad out a single bundle with old assets when you might have sold two legendary captain bundles if you put in the effort. I don't consider myself much of a Romulan fan and I already have most of that stuff.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    The new Skin for the Scimitar looks awesome the one for the D'Deridex to forget. I hate that the D'deridex still has to be a 4/4 weapon ship. It makes almost as lame as the Galaxy and why so heavy engeneering focused if anything it should have been more science focused. However still getting the bundle no doubt I hope they leave the bloatware out, you know the xxxx nobody needs or wants.

"Bloatware" includes:
    T6 ship coupon
    2x X-Upgrades
    2x Ship Slots
    3x Infinity Promotion Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Packs
    TOS Romulan uniform
    TNG Romulan uniform
    Reman uniform
    Reman playable species.

Any price set in stone yet?
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    I'm sure when Cryptic is deciding what to & what not to place in a bundle, besides the ships, they crunch their data & look at the spreadsheet to see what percentage of players already have such & such uniform(s) for example so they know when buying the bundle we're buying the uniforms again. Of course beyond if the items make sense theme-wise.

Isn't the Reman playable species unlockable for free with T5 or T6 of the Romulan Reputation?

The 3x Infinity Promo Rom DOFF packs is Cryptic's gamble jab. I got bare minimum out of the 11 Keys & 11 Promo in the last bundle I bought so not appealing.

The 2x Ship slots makes sense, I wonder if they automatically apply to whichever toon buys this bundle, not the best.

The 2x X-Upgrades makes sense too.

The T6 free ship coupon is just a nice bonus.

The pricing will make a value impact.
  • Options

"Bloatware" includes:
    T6 ship coupon
    2x X-Upgrades
    2x Ship Slots
    3x Infinity Promotion Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Packs
    TOS Romulan uniform
    TNG Romulan uniform
    Reman uniform
    Reman playable species.

Any price set in stone yet?

it's 12K, but starting with a 35% discount

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Regarding the pack pricing:

1: I absolutely know the total value of the combined items in the pack will technically justify the price point.

2: Many many many many many many many many many many people only want the ships, not the extra items.

3: Cryptic is well aware of point 2 above, and uses the extra items to justify charging a higher price than if they were only selling the ships.

It's a pretty simple and obvious situation. If it were NOT simply about being able to charge a higher price, they would offer an option with just the ships. But because they know the vast majority of people would buy the cheaper option (which would mean less profit) they don't give that choice. It's all or nothing.

PS: just to clarify, I'm not saying any of the above is right/wrong/etc. I'm just describing the situation as it is.

Post edited by thegrandnagus1 on

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    I've updated the thread title and OP now that we have the details on the ships.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    jozen#9312 jozen Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    It's far past time that Cryptic:

1) gave proportional discounts for stuff you already own

2) gave loyalty discounts or upgrade discounts

Legendary or no, the D'Deridex is a garbage skow. I own all current versions. They suck.

Of what value is a legendary scimitar? I can already get all of it's skills, I already have all three variants.

for what reason under the stars can I justify a 120USD purchase?

This zen store is out of control price-wise. The marketers have a strange idea of "bonus material" it is supposed to be an incentive to buy your overpriced product, not an invitation to charge more

*edit unintentional emoji
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Regarding the pack pricing:

1: I absolutely know the total value of the combined items in the pack will technically justify the price point.

2: Many many many many many many many many many many people only want the ships, not the extra items.

3: Cryptic is well aware of point 2 above, and uses the extra items to justify charging a higher price than if they were only selling the ships.

It's a pretty simple and obvious situation. If it were NOT simply about being able to charge a higher price, they would offer an option with just the ships. But because they know the vast majority of people would buy the cheaper option (which would mean less profit) they don't give that choice. It's all or nothing.

What pisses me off about this is not that they give you extra items. But some already stated its some stuff what people already own. They don't give an alternative or a discount and that is shady as hell. Most people who love the Romulan faction already got the costumes and the playable Reman, I think some came actually with the Legacy of Romulus package and it is a slap in the face to put that stuff in there without giving an alternative and they know it and they do it anyway. I would have a few more words to say to that tactic but it probably would cause some issues with the mods here....

• Options
    dragonhef01dragonhef01 Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    Thanks Cryptic for saving me money by making this bundle uninspiring....
  • Options
    duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    Looks nice and I do like those 2 ships, the 'Gorn Anchor' & Intel powers, but not for $120. Sorry, y'all have priced me out of this game.
  • Options
    tharsonius42tharsonius42 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Bloated with completely useless stuff (to me at least), empty Dilli Exchange and the D'Deridex has not been updated to a more useful version..... awesome really. I love the D'Deridex and hoped for a nice re-work for the T6 Legendary. Nope, still garbage from a technical standpoint.
  • Options
    edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    The legendary ships include unique account unlock ship traits. And for people who don't already have all 6 Scimitar variants, they could buy the legendary version instead and get all the costumes/consoles/traits. Likewise, the Scimitar's level 5 mastery will have all 3 level 5 traits from the T6 Scimitar ships, so you can unlock 3 traits with the effort of unlocking 1. The D'Deridex as I recall hearing has some minor model changes compared to the regular version. The weathering effect talked about on the stream is something you can try out now with the regular D'Deridex, just select the D'Deridex hull material and/or the D'Deridex pattern in the ship tailor. That's something I haven't really seen in STO before.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    I'm surprised there's no Mogai in it. It debuted in the same movie as the Scimitar. And unlike the Scimitar, it actually seemed a more regular design, suggesting that it was older and more widely used.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I kinda want these ship and could probably justify it if I really wanted to but it feels kinda pointless.

I don't play on my reman enough for scimitar I already have the parts I want, and I'm already planning to have my rom borg use the actual adapted ships.

the D'Deridex I'ld need to make another character to use it as a forever ship or change my dyson rom to a star empire theme or something and thats just more work for no benefit. the rest I have to much of already.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    This pack is a tough cookie. Big fan of the D'D and respect the scimitar, but with a MW/temportal setup for the D and intel/command for the scimitar it feels lacking.

1x T6 coupon, 2 ship slots and some barby/ken dress up stuff.

All for 7800 at the early sale. I honestly don't see what makes this pack special. Love the D'D, but for me the cost doesn't cover the content.
  • Options
    I wish it had a bigger intro discount amount, I'm disappointed that the DD doesn't include the Thrai since it's essentially a TOS DD (not sure why the TOS materials were added since that's not included, the Scimitar didn't get them), and I think it really needed either a new uniform or an account unlock Lobi store uniform to help justify the price.

All that said, that adapted Scimitar is perfect for my Borg themed toon, and I'll probably get it just for that. If they ever add the Nemesis Romulan uniforms then I'll make another character for the DD, but I already have Borg and a Republic Romulan toons with permanent ships so I have no use for the DD right now.
    eaY7Xxu.png
This discussion has been closed.