test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legendary Romulan Warbird bundle

thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
c631adcda57dee067dd874b35e70ece61628137588.jpg
The Romulan Empire is a place of conflict, both open and secret. Over the years, they've developed countless powerful starships, able to slip through enemy lines and deliver missions of fear or mercy. In the year 2411, the battle between the newly formed Romulan Republic and the Tal Shiar still wages on. And two of the most powerful weapons in the arsenal of both factions are two of the most classic and powerful Romulan Starships: The D'Deridex, and the Scimitar. Now, these two ships are gaining Legendary editions, a celebration of each ship that includes every look, console, and trait these ships have had in Star Trek Online, and one new look for each ship!

The Legendary Romulan Warbird Bundle will retain in the Zen Store for 12,000 Zen, but will be 35% off from August 12th to August 19th. It contains the following:

• [T6] Legendary Scimitar Intel Dreadnought Warbird
  • [T6] Legendary D'deridex Miracle Worker Warbird Battlecruiser
  • 1 Coupon for a Free C-store T6 Ship
  • 2 Experimental Ship Upgrade Tokens
  • 2 Ship Slots
  • 3 Infinity Promo Romulan Survivor Duty Officer Packs
  • TOS Era Romulan Uniform
  • TNG Era Romulan Uniform
  • Reman Uniform
  • Reman Species

Click the buttons below for more information on the ships!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11493553-the-legendary-romulan-warbird-bundle!

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    So about 3:30-4:30 Pacific maybe? Converting from Eastern to Pacific has always been a PITA for me, what with Daylight Savings Time and trying to remember how many timezones are between me and Eastern.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well since we got reskins and graphics updates on the Scimitar and D'd, I wonder what it could be?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Eastern Standard Time is +3 from Pacific Standard Time. Central Standard Time is +2 from PST. Mountain time is the one that gets confusing, because it depends on the time of year what with no daylight savings.

Yea... I think its Mountain that trips me up. I'm on Pacific, being up in the Pacific Northwest, so same timezone as Cryptic down in California.
    ltminns wrote: »
    Well since we got reskins and graphics updates on the Scimitar and D'd, I wonder what it could be?

Eh... with the Devs saying they want to start divorcing Model revamps from C-Store releases... I wouldn't say its as clear cut. They have remodeled the Akira and Prometheus in the past and they didn't come with a Legendary.

I'd honestly put more ECs on a potential Dominion Legendary, but wouldn't rule out the D'Deridex entirely as it was THE Romulan ship of the TNG era.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    edited August 2021
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Eh... with the Devs saying they want to start divorcing Model revamps from C-Store releases... I wouldn't say its as clear cut. They have remodeled the Akira and Prometheus in the past and they didn't come with a Legendary.

They may not have been "legendary", but both of those ships' revamps was directly related to their being re-released in new C-store packs:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11415793-ships-of-the-line:-akira-class

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11479473-prometheus-ships-of-the-line

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »

Might be something else, those two will definitely get one eventually but the revamped models getting added doesn't mean the full Legendary is ready yet. And since multi-ship Legendary bundles have only been released on anniversaries this will probably be a single ship plus boost/bloat bundle.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    Given the recent Scimitar/D'deridex model revamps, one, or both, would make sense for the next legendary pack.

I agree that they are likely for this, but since there were two ships that got updated I'm kind of thinking they might actually be in the 2022 Anniversary Bundle instead.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    Given the recent Scimitar/D'deridex model revamps, one, or both, would make sense for the next legendary pack.

I agree that they are likely for this, but since there were two ships that got updated I'm kind of thinking they might actually be in the 2022 Anniversary Bundle instead.

Typically ship model updates go live shortly before whatever pack they are being sold in is announced. So if this were for a 2022 bundle it would be very unusual based on their previous schedule.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg

Typically ship model updates go live shortly before whatever pack they are being sold in is announced. So if this were for a 2022 bundle it would be very unusual based on their previous schedule.

Didn't the B'rel and Vorcha get their remasters last summer, long before their actual legendary release?
    eaY7Xxu.png

Didn't the B'rel and Vorcha get their remasters last summer, long before their actual legendary release?

The B'rel is the starter ship in the KDF tutorial which was revamped early in YOK. For that reason I believe they wanted to improve it's appearance as it was the first ship players had and wanted a good "first impression". I'm not sure about the Vorcha specifically.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    So about 3:30-4:30 Pacific maybe? Converting from Eastern to Pacific has always been a PITA for me, what with Daylight Savings Time and trying to remember how many timezones are between me and Eastern.

4:30 pacific would be 7:30 eastern
    lianthelia wrote: »
    4:30 pacific would be 7:30 eastern

Thanks. I'll have to try and catch the livestream. If I miss it, I'll look forward to the cliffnotes on the forums.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User

Just memorize the fact that Pacific is always 3 hours behind Eastern - DST doesn't matter for that, it's always the same - or set up another clock alongside the default one for Windows - it can have up to 2 additional ones, so I have Pacific and Greenwich set up for me.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited August 2021
    Well, to absolutely no one's surprise....

anzQ9zc.png

s9j8RwU.png

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    Yeah, that's all well and good but what are the stats? Especially the turn rates - hopefully they un-crippled the D'deridex.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • philchapphilchap Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    the only two?
    I'm disappointed in the DD's legendary skin, I know it sounded like a lot of work due to using tech they haven't used before but at the end of the day it's just a normal DD with an extra decal added to it. If the vertical design wasn't doable then it would've been nice to get something new, maybe something based on either the T'Liss Refit or the Dhailkhina?

On a side note, the fact that in-game it now has access to the TOS hull materials has me wondering if the Thrai skin will be included.
    Yeah, that's all well and good but what are the stats? Especially the turn rates - hopefully they un-crippled the D'deridex.​​
    Bort said it was either the same or slightly better, he thought they made it a little better but his notes had the same value as the existing T6. They didn't want them to be wildly different from previous variants.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    Well... hopefully I'll be able to afford them. I don't have ANY variant of the Scimitar.
    edited August 2021
    Well... hopefully I'll be able to afford them. I don't have ANY variant of the Scimitar.
    We'll find out the price tomorrow, but it sounded like a pricey bundle:

Two legendary ships
    T6 ship coupon (utterly useless imo)
    two ship slots
    all the C-Store Romulan and Reman uniforms
    playable Remans
    And I think there was some other fluff too
    eaY7Xxu.png

Two legendary ships
    two ship slots
    playable Remans

Yeah. It's not a matter of "if" I can afford them. It's a matter of me not wanting all of that other junk, and therefore not wanting to spend over a certain amount on the things I actually do want.

Also, there is an extremely large difference between a legendary version of a ship that was previously ONLY available in a lockbox/promo pack (like the various connies, D7, T'liss, etc) and a legendary version of a regular C-store ship.

IMHO the value of a legendary DD or Scimitar is FAR less than the value of a legendary connie/D7/T'liss for that reason alone.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg

Two legendary ships
    two ship slots
    playable Remans
    Also, there is an extremely large difference between a legendary version of a ship that was previously ONLY available in a lockbox/promo pack (like the various connies, D7, T'liss, etc) and a legendary version of a regular C-store ship.

IMHO the value of a legendary DD or Scimitar is FAR less than the value of a legendary connie/D7/T'liss for that reason alone.
    That's a good point. The only Legendary bundle similar to this, with only C-Store ships and no boost, is the Mirror Gal-X. That bundle was priced at 6k zen, since this one has a second ship and a (useless) T6 Coupon I suspect it'll be 12k like the boost bundles, MAYBE 10k (10k would be my valuation considering how worthless the coupon is to anyone whos played as long as me). It'll probably have a bigger introductory sale than the Gal-X did though, maybe even 50% like the boost bundles get.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    'all the C-Store Romulan and Reman uniforms'

So...one uniform.​​

#LegalizeAwoo

'all the C-Store Romulan and Reman uniforms'

So...one uniform.​​
    No there's three:

TOS Romulan
    TNG Romulan
    Nemesis Reman
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Well that is a bit of a disappointment. Not surprising though. What about the Negh’Var? It was updated but never re-released.

The scimitar is one of the most popular non-fed ships though. It is probably their safest bet.

They said the live stream would have “surprises” and then announced the most predictable vanilla ships.

I was hoping for something weird like the ultimate antagonist pack—with bug ships, and the B’rell in a pack that was obscenely overpriced. Oh well. The great whale hunt is still on.

Oh and evilmark did you ask about the meaning of the Tilley Boff patch note?
    qultuq wrote: »
    Oh and evilmark did you ask about the meaning of the Tilley Boff patch note?

I tried but I didn't get a response, most of the questions they answered were related to the new ships.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    Oh, one interesting and kind of odd statement they made twice during the stream was that a ship needs to have an existing lineage (ie at least two existing variants) within STO in order to qualify for Legendary treatment. I consider this odd because two of the original Legendary ships (Donnie and JJPrise) only had one prior variant at the time that the bundle was released. Why suddenly institute a rule that was broken in the very first Legendary release? For some context, they used this as a reason not to do a Legendary Vengeance, but it would seemingly also apply to some other obvious Legendary choices such as the Disco D7.
    eaY7Xxu.png
This discussion has been closed.