test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2021 Anniversary Legendary Bundle

Comments

• robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    Only just came back to the game after a long sabbatical and can honestly say Perfect World has not learned from the mistakes with this legendary bundle seriously may have considered getting the bundle if there was proper decent ships there but no d7 seriously. And the price your asking for a few ships and a lot of trash is ridiculous.

Well done on making one of the worst bundles ever I will keep my cash and hope without holding my breath that you will allow us to buy the ships seperately unlike the FED legendary bundle you released last year.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wolva10wolva10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    hahahahahahahahaha.........and you expect craptic to come on here and defend their masterstroke?...hahahahahahahahahaha
  • mrlailmrlail Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Bought the 10 ship bundle wont be buying this. It's far too expensive and besides what fed ships can you add to this now the true legendary ones have been done.
  • futilepurposefutilepurpose Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I think - in their mind - the selling point is the "unlock to fly all ships" for the entire account which you can buy just recently for 2k zen (atm 1k because of the special)

The fact that this is their newest idea to take away EC-boxes for the mainly KDF faction and then hide the unlock behind a Zen paywall is... i dont have words for it. So now to offer a unlock for the account is "amazing" right?
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    This is just weird to me. It seems like they could have just taken a handful of Klingon ships, used the stats for their Fed Legendary counterparts, and sell it. Maybe not all 10, but at least 5. Like the Legendary D7 would basically be a Legendary Miracle Worker Light Cruiser, the Kor/B'Rel would like the Legendary Defiant, etc, etc.

This actually seems like it was more work, but less appealing. The Legendary B'Rel doesn't seem as good as the anniversary raider.

I would have dropped $150 for a D7 and a halfway decent B'Rel (since I bought the original basically for the TOS Constitution and a defiant that isn't terrible), but this.

And I probably would have spent $50 for a Legendary Excelsior

But this just seems like a cash grab and one that isn't very appealing, at that.

• phoeniz1994phoeniz1994 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    are these ships only buyable from the mega-pack or can they also be found in 'smaller' packs like, say, the Mirror Galaxy-X?
    0he9rXF.png
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    So the 10-ship-pack is 260$, and this 4-ship-pack is 250$? This is a reasonable price policy pig-26.gif

I'm sorry for the people falling for this. And the ship selection is also weird: B'Rel, K'Vort (the left ship, it's a bigger B'Rel) so those are are basically the same model and two fed ships? All the extra clutter is garbage and they know that, "unlock fly all ships for the account" is something you can do playing your KDF character to max in a day for free or with a token for 20$ and the random keys and boxes are laughable.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • phoeniz1994phoeniz1994 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    oh okay, i am only interested in the Bird of Prey so i asked
    0he9rXF.png
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I think - in their mind - the selling point is the "unlock to fly all ships" for the entire account which you can buy just recently for 2k zen (atm 1k because of the special)

The fact that this is their newest idea to take away EC-boxes for the mainly KDF faction and then hide the unlock behind a Zen paywall is... i dont have words for it. So now to offer a unlock for the account is "amazing" right?

As easily as a player can level-up a character in STO partnered with the timing that many are or have recently created a KDF character during this event the "unlock to fly all ships" is not worth much value. As you stated there's the current sale to pay 1k zen to unlock it immediately or a level 65 KDF character unlocks the ability.
    I'm predicting many, too many, will buy it. Cryptic will state that it's been a great selling Legendary Bundle & players love it so Cryptic will continue the piece-meal selling approach.
  • lordbrowaruslordbrowarus Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Well...
    1. Not-legendary B'rel
    2. Unreal price
    3. Year of Kling-off

1. What is legendary about this B'rel? Well, nothing. I understand that pilot mechanic was asked for this ship but just because it fits her profile. This is one ship in this game that doesn't really benefit from pilot mech. She just doesn't need it. It's fine to have it but it doesn't make this ship better. Beside that this stats doesn't seem to better than C-store/fleet Kor. 5 tac consoles doesn't make B'rel better, it makes it worse because of 1 sci console less. Especially in X-upgrades era. B'rel needs 5/1 layout, this is obvious for everybody that fly this ship. Legen B'rel is in fact worse than fleet Kor (2000 zen + fleet module).

2. 4 legendary + 2 T6 ships for 20000 zen? Gamma pack has 7 T6, 3 T5 and 2 playable races for 15k, 12-10k on sale! OG Legendary Pack has 10 ships for roughly this same promo price and there were 4 non-C-store ships! All that other TRIBBLE is really not welcomed, sure I can use it but I don't need to.

3. Everything was said already about that. Just for You Cryptic to know how insulting this is. Again - understand this pls.: INSULTING. One, ONE ship for KDF for year now. Not-KDF legendary pack with this quality and price? Cross-faction ships - I understand motivation behind this but I think it will have opposite effect - no reason for players to play KDF anymore. And yet You could make 5 or even 4 ships KDF Legen pack and everybody would be happy. 2 new skins and copy-paste Connie and Sove stats.

I'm 90% no for this pack. Other KDF ship and Excelsior would have god-like stats for me to consider buying it. Very disappointing Cryptic, both in stats of B'rel and overall attitude towards players/Your customers.
  • lorien506lorien506 Member Posts: 19 Arc User

The BOP is already in game only the K'Vort would be "new" because the model should be bigger than the original BOP.
    Still the price it to high for 2 new ships. The Fed ships are also already in game and can be purchased. If you have the 10 ship pack as FED you already have the Odyssey and the Galaxy as legendary ships.
    So tell me again what is the reason for players to buy so much money for this?

• lorien506lorien506 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Well...
    1. Not-legendary B'rel
    2. Unreal price
    3. Year of Kling-off

1. What is legendary about this B'rel? Well, nothing. I understand that pilot mechanic was asked for this ship but just because it fits her profile. This is one ship in this game that doesn't really benefit from pilot mech. She just doesn't need it. It's fine to have it but it doesn't make this ship better. Beside that this stats doesn't seem to better than C-store/fleet Kor. 5 tac consoles doesn't make B'rel better, it makes it worse because of 1 sci console less. Especially in X-upgrades era. B'rel needs 5/1 layout, this is obvious for everybody that fly this ship. Legen B'rel is in fact worse than fleet Kor (2000 zen + fleet module).

2. 4 legendary + 2 T6 ships for 20000 zen? Gamma pack has 7 T6, 3 T5 and 2 playable races for 15k, 12-10k on sale! OG Legendary Pack has 10 ships for roughly this same promo price and there were 4 non-C-store ships! All that other TRIBBLE is really not welcomed, sure I can use it but I don't need to.

3. Everything was said already about that. Just for You Cryptic to know how insulting this is. Again - understand this pls.: INSULTING. One, ONE ship for KDF for year now. Not-KDF legendary pack with this quality and price? Cross-faction ships - I understand motivation behind this but I think it will have opposite effect - no reason for players to play KDF anymore. And yet You could make 5 or even 4 ships KDF Legen pack and everybody would be happy. 2 new skins and copy-paste Connie and Sove stats.

I'm 90% no for this pack. Other KDF ship and Excelsior would have god-like stats for me to consider buying it. Very disappointing Cryptic, both in stats of B'rel and overall attitude towards players/Your customers.

Yeah,

there's not much more to say. I understand that you need to make money especially during such times but please think people of cryptic. Most people are saving their money because of this unstable and fast changing situation. So if you want them to spend money on your product, you should give them the best reason you can think of. This pack is the opposite. If you're not careful you're going to lose lot's of customers.
  • nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    Two... TWO legendary KDF ships is all they could come up with for the YEAR OF THE KLINGON???? I don't even play KDF and this makes me mad. On top of that, in order for a KDF player to get a legendary KDF ship, they have to shell out almost as much as the Fed 10-pack?

This is just insulting...

It's the 2021 Anniversary Legendary Bundle, not the Legendary Klingon Bundle they've been promising. I'll continue to wait for that instead. Even if it doesn't include the B'Rel in the future, there's other BoPs that can be included at a later date. At least now I can spend my zen on other stuff now that I know that it won't be showing up in a few months.
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw
    nepsthen wrote: »
    Two... TWO legendary KDF ships is all they could come up with for the YEAR OF THE KLINGON???? I don't even play KDF and this makes me mad. On top of that, in order for a KDF player to get a legendary KDF ship, they have to shell out almost as much as the Fed 10-pack?

It's the 2021 Anniversary Legendary Bundle, not the Legendary Klingon Bundle they've been promising. I'll continue to wait for that instead. Even if it doesn't include the B'Rel in the future, there's other BoPs that can be included at a later date. At least now I can spend my zen on other stuff now that I know that it won't be showing up in a few months.

If, IF, there's a Klingon Legendary Bundle now, I'm still trying to hold out hope for one, & a Legendary Klingon Bundle doesn't include a B'rel isn't that sort of laughable & pathetic? It has to be at least top 3 of most iconic Klingon ships after all.
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    If, IF, there's a Klingon Legendary Bundle now, I'm still trying to hold out hope for one, & a Legendary Klingon Bundle doesn't include a B'rel isn't that sort of laughable & pathetic? It has to be at least top 3 of most iconic Klingon ships after all.

I'm holding out hope (a fool's hope most likely, but still) that a Klingon-specific legendary pack will likely involve the D7, given the outcry when this pack was announced.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    Does this mean the 10th Anniversary 10 ship Fed Bundle will no longer be sold???????
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Not sure why this is just now dawning on me, but I won't be the least bit shocked if come Monday we get an update saying something else is going to be added to the pack.

And call me a conspiracy nut, but if they DO add something to this pack, especially if the items added are ships, then you can bet that the "added" items were intended to be in the bundle in the first place. The reason they held items back would be to see just how much they could get away with.

If the pack is received well, hold off on the add-ons and sell them later. If the pack is received poorly, put the add-ons back in, in an attempt to show they "listen" to the players and will go out of their way to make them happy.

I've seen this type of thing happen too many times to think otherwise. We'll see I guess.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • admiralodanadmiralodan Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    This may be the most worthless bundle I have ever seen from you guys. I'm sorry Kael I know it's not your fault... but the "year of the Klingon" and this legendary pack seems more the year of lazy sloppy work and a couple of half options and voice acting so company doesn't have to pay anyone to do more...

Then you add to that... out of all of the Klingon ships in lore and the one's Cryptic designed you could only come up with 2 yeah it appears to be 2 whole Klingon ships... really they are asking you to go with that and tell us you guys should like this??

I think I am kind of done spending money on STO till maybe just maybe Cryptic and PW feel like maybe they can actually invest in a real bundle and a real "Year of the Klingon"

Look I really hope that they look at the feedback that seems to be popping up everywhere but I am going to wager it will take a lack of sales. IE they won't make any money on this bundle in order for them to have to sweeten the pot for $250 even at 25% off "your out of your Vulcan mind" if you think I'm paying that for what your offering...
    The Costs of Delta Rising Upgrades

My new sig till Cryptic fixes it....
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    nepsthen wrote: »

It was confirmed by Kael on Reddit that this IS the Klingon Bundle that has been promised. He also mentioned that there will be other legendary ships released, but they will be single-ship-plus-junk bundles along the lines of the Legendary Rom Bundle. I'll refer you to the post in General discussion for the link to the Reddit post by Kael.
  • varthelmvarthelm Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    joshmaul wrote: »
    varthelm wrote: »
    K'vort (just super size a B'rel with some window dressing) = Kelvin Connie

There IS also a Kelvin D7.

True that. Forgot because none of those have been avail in the C-store like the Kelvin Connie is avail through the Legendary pack. That was a significant part of the hook Cryptic. Famous (and good) ships previously not avail in the C-store now becoming available even at an inflated price vs other C-store ships. Why spend way more money for a barely changed variant of a ship already in the C-store? Like say..the B'rel they just put out?

• jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,788 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    lorien506 wrote: »

The BOP is already in game only the K'Vort would be "new" because the model should be bigger than the original BOP.
    Still the price it to high for 2 new ships. The Fed ships are also already in game and can be purchased. If you have the 10 ship pack as FED you already have the Odyssey and the Galaxy as legendary ships.

What do you think is in the pack, because the Galaxy and Odyssey are not in this pack.
    unknown.png

I think this would have been the perfect way to offer the, "Pick 3", like they have done in the past with some of the previous bundles. Items that are consumable, like the T6 tokens, could be chosen multiple times and multiple purchases of the bundle could be had for those who want more tokens, keys, tech upgrades, etc.
  • valetharvalethar Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    The only thing in this bundle that's 'legendary' is the laughs.

Did PWE give Tencent a board seat or something? :D
  • woerligenwoerligen Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    As a space-barbie fan, I'm looking forward to checking out all the skins for the four ships and how they can me mix/matched.

So far, we know of the B'rel variants.
    The new Excelsior is the Repulse class: https://i.redd.it/0vu2fsdiw2461.jpg

The Ambassador does not have a 25th century-style counterpart, so this might be it.

For the already beautiful Vor'cha, I'm hoping for a sleek, fast-looking variant, like the Sovereign is to the Galaxy. Perhaps the "Chancellor"/Qang-class from TrekLit? https://memory-beta.fandom.com/wiki/Qang_class
    Post edited by woerligen on
    Leipzig University, 1409-2409
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    I was really looking forward to a legendary D7 to go with the legendary B'rel. I'm not even that bothered by the number of ships for the discounted price, but the lack of a D7 is going to make this a much harder sell for me than the 10 ship pack was.
    jcsww wrote: »
    lorien506 wrote: »

What do you think is in the pack, because the Galaxy and Odyssey are not in this pack.
    unknown.png

I think this would have been the perfect way to offer the, "Pick 3", like they have done in the past with some of the previous bundles. Items that are consumable, like the T6 tokens, could be chosen multiple times and multiple purchases of the bundle could be had for those who want more tokens, keys, tech upgrades, etc.

Peeps seeing in those silhouettes what they want to see instead of what is actually there probably (pareidolia). I think I was trying it myself briefly at the beginning lol.
  • wolva10wolva10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    also the two Bop's are redundant...legendary T'liss beats them both as far as i'm concerned
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    woerligen wrote: »
    The Ambassador does not have a 25th century-style counterpart, so this might be it.

The Narendra. Yes, it's based off a concept design for the earlier design, but Cryptic has made it the "modern" design.

Also, that Excelsior variant is hideous. So is the one they released it as a T6 with back in the day.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    As much as the excelsior is my favorite TOS ship I definitely don't like this pack and won't be buying it, I bought the 10th year anniversary pack and it seemed to be worth it unlike this one.
    Post edited by avoozuul on