test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

10th Anniversary Legacy Starship Bundles!

Comments

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    additiva wrote: »
    Hallo Leute

DE

Der Kauf von ZEN ist Online (Webseite) nicht möglich. Auch Ingame funktioniert dieses nicht korrekt.

Danke für den 10th Geburtstag. Teures Paket was man NICHT kaufen kann.

EN-Google

It is not possible to buy ZEN online (website). This also doesn't work correctly in-game,
    thanks for the 10th birthday. Expensive package which you can not buy.

BB

hmmm I just bought zen. change website you are using? I just use the one here at billing.arcgames.com

Not thru a 3rd party site.
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Hey folks!
    There's a bug in the C-store, so I want to correct this before people miss out on the sale. The 35% off sale on the bundle lasts until 2/27. The bundle itself is available until 3/9. Thanks!

So the reduced pricing ends a day before a lot of people get paid and might just have some disposable income? interesting sales tactic...
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    talgeeze wrote: »
    Hey folks!
    There's a bug in the C-store, so I want to correct this before people miss out on the sale. The 35% off sale on the bundle lasts until 2/27. The bundle itself is available until 3/9. Thanks!

I'm disappointed -again- this info was not released before the bundles went live.

I was afraid of this. I'm not going to be able to have that amount of Zen before the spring, and now I find out that by the time I do, it won't be there. Terrific. Just khest'n terrific.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    There is simple no way that the bundle (or at least the ships) will not return to the store after some time.
    It's simply not economical - to design 10 ships - even if it is only upgraded variant of existing ships - cost too much workhours to throw it completly away after the "limited time sale" ends.
    Simply put - the bundles are too much of a cash cow.
    Personally I think (hope) the bundles will return at least on next anniversary if not earlier.

And I already started to save Dil for the Exchange (there is no way for me to have enough in the time left, and the Zen price goes crazy now).

If not - well, I'm sure I will survive without the ships.
  • sabrevt1100sabrevt1100 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    I think they need to extend the price longer than 2 weeks and make the bundle available longer than 26 days. You have people that want to budget for this stuff and you can probably make a buttload of cash off it PWE if you leave it out there longer. Just sayin'
    "Bite Me! It's Fun." - Crow T. Robot
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    So far I haven't seen the expected rise in the exchange rate that normally accompanies a major content release.

Regarding the ship slots being granted once per account to the character this is bought on might catch some players out if they buy it on an alt instead of their main, so it means deciding which character gets to not worry about accommodating these ships.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    As I said in another Thread:

By the way, the Ship slots are 5 - 2 slot ACCOUNT Bound Inventory Items.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • vieth1vieth1 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    jpmoney01 wrote: »
    The zen cap is 23000 every 48 hours.

This incorrect - you can simply ask Cryptic to increase your zen cap to $400 USD per 48 hours; doubling the zen cap. I wish people were more informed...
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    Unless you're in a real hurry to get those ships the cap shouldn't present a problem given how long the sale price is, it just means you don't get all the Zen you need in one go.

"After buying this pack the ship slots will be granted once per account to the character this bundle is bought on"- so these slots appear as inventory items?
    As I said, just two posts above, you get 5 - 2 Ship Slot Inventory Items that are ACCOUNT Bound. So you could share amongst up to 5 Characters as you wish.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Hey folks!

Good to know & hopefully that will help any peeps still considering buying this behemoth price-tag.

Impressions so far from what I've seen & heard, since I haven't bought it ... yet. The total of 10 ship slots dispersed as 5 account-wide tokens having 2 ship slots each. Cryptic should've announced this prior to the sale, but again I think well done by Cryptic with this delivery.

The visuals I've seen so far for each ship are mostly very impressive while a couple just seem marginally better with not as much effort, but then again it still seems space-barbie had more focus than function imo.

None of the stats are "legendary" they're just different compared to other versions of the ships with a little more stats in some cases & a little less stats in others to balance out the more. The BO seating makes the differences for the ships mostly & not necessarily better just different.

No new consoles is disappointing with many older consoles dare I say some obsolete consoles. Cryptic could've added passives, made them innate abilities, are consolidated older consoles into a new one. That type of innovation would've been impressive & definitely worth my money.

The inclusion of the Advanced Phaser Beam Arrays is a significant improvement for this bundle & boost of potential value. Which unless this unlocks the Disruptor versions for the KDF-aligned too this just gave Fed-aligned a significant advantage.

Bummer that the Assault Cruiser's wide-angle torpedo wasn't included. I think I saw 1 of the ships included the Experimental Railgun so that is a nice unexpected bonus!

Reiteration if regarding just stats I don't think any of these ships deserve a "legendary" title compared to their most recent T6 versions. Even fleet versions usually get a +10% improvement & these "legendary" even lack that it seems.

The best addition are the 10 brand new starship traits that unlock account-wide but even some of those traits are testing to only be marginal.

The Warship Voyager is only a warship by title not by stats & it's new starship trait seems focused on Sector Space travel.

I only have a couple of the older ships/consoles so this bundle still retains much value if I buy it & if one can overlook the big up front cost I think per ship it's a decent value at the sale price. All of this is based off of the Standard not Premium bundle lol.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    steaen wrote: »
    Hey folks!

So the reduced pricing ends a day before a lot of people get paid and might just have some disposable income? interesting sales tactic...
    Interestingly it also ends 6 days after a lot of people get paid and 8 days before a lot of people get paid.

For others, it ends 3 days before and 12 days after they get paid. (1st & 15th)

Very weird indeed.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • t0m#2593 t0m Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    is any information out there about who can use those 10 ships? only the character who bought the pack or all my starfleet chars can? the description talks about account-unlocked starship trait (the new ones) and starship trait for the old ones... why that information "account-unlock" since zen ships normally are an account wide unlock anyway? so are the traits as soon as you reach tier 5 per char. but here it nearly sounds like the old traits are only for the char who bought und the new traits are unlocked automaticly for all chars but without having access to the ships.

giving out information written that weird makes me uncertain about the known (and expected) mechanics that zen ships clearly must be available for all chars. a bundle that expensive should be described more accurate.
    The ships are Account Unlocked for all Federation or Federation aligned Characters.

The Account-wide Traits are special. Once a Character reaches Tier 5 on the Account Trait, all the Traits for that ship unlock for that Character. Once that Character clears Tier 6 in the Account Trait, that Trait (only) is now awarded to ALL Characters on the Account.

Federation and Federation aligned Characters would still need to level up the older (not Account-wide) Trait to Tier 5 to unlock that one For That Character ONLY.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    '10 Ship Bundle Command Every Hero Ship'

Every hero ship? - so where is the heroic Captain Sulu in his Excelsior?

And was Narendra III not heroic enough to make the cut? Its the enterprise going into battle and saving the galaxy from klingons in the future...how can you be ignorant to this?

This bundle is a big label of cr4p, half the contents of which nobody will use. We're on the 10th page of complaints now. Is there any way not to be condescending about this garbage bundle offer.

• thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,983 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    jpmoney01 wrote: »
    This has been asked and not addressed yet. The zen cap is 23000 every 48 hours. How is this being solved or will people just need to spend 3 days waiting to get the amount needed? Never mind what's in the bundles, will we be expected to spend three days making payments or will this rather large issue be solved in the next 12 hours?

I don't see what the problem is? I had planned on spending $200 for the $195 pack, but with the sale that $200 got me 28300 zen, so an extra $10 easily covered the $29500 on the Premium Pack so I got that instead. :)
    steaen wrote: »
    Hey folks!

Interestingly it also ends 6 days after a lot of people get paid and 8 days before a lot of people get paid.

For others, it ends 3 days before and 12 days after they get paid. (1st & 15th)

Very weird indeed.

I got paid today so I'm good, Thanks.
    Post edited by thlaylierah on
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Question for the devs if they happen to read this (they probably won't, lol), as far as I know every TMP era ship available has alternate nacelles available that glow blu on the sides, why wasn't the new NX skin given that option?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • t0m#2593 t0m Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    ltminns wrote: »
    The ships are Account Unlocked for all Federation or Federation aligned Characters.

The Account-wide Traits are special. Once a Character reaches Tier 5 on the Account Trait, all the Traits for that ship unlock for that Character. Once that Character clears Tier 6 in the Account Trait, that Trait (only) is now awarded to ALL Characters on the Account.

Federation and Federation aligned Characters would still need to level up the older (not Account-wide) Trait to Tier 5 to unlock that one For That Character ONLY.

thats sounds very good and calms my mind :) because i like the bundle. it brings kind of an end to the promo-ship madness and gives everybody the chance to fly the show-ships. especially new players to the game who might just started the game over discovery or picard show.

so at the end it looks they really put some brains into this. for my taste they did a good effort in this and the price is kind of fair then. and if the ship slots are splitable in packages of two around the account ... even more great! wouldn't expected that.

if they'll now go on and provide new story or game-elements to fly those beauties it would be an even more round thing.

and no. i'm not a fanboy of the game btw. i like it very much. but my list of things i don't like about it is long and i could also bleat about it for hours. but since hate and trolling is such a common thing these days ... i'm just happy that this package is not just a plain blank rip off like many people want to see it.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Still doubting whether to buy this or not.

The consoles are nice, the traits are too. But there's simply too much stuff in it that I would never use. I don't care about the Constitution ships, Warship Voyager is exactly what a Starfleet captain shouldn't fly (that was the whole point of the episode where it appeared) and the Defiant's nose-art will never be seen while in battle.

The only ships that are sufficiently interesting to me are the Sovereign and the Odyssey. But to use even those ships, I would either have to create more characters (not going to do that because I barely get to play most of those I already have) or retire other ships that were very expensive on existing characters.

I'm leaning towards passing on this. I'm sure that for new players, it's a good deal because you get different types of ships and a large amount of consoles and traits. For me though, it's rather pointless to buy more stuff only so that more of what I already have can go and collect dust. And because I can't think of a single character that does not have its traits and console slots filled yet, with little room for improvement
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    I might buy the Odyssey and Sovereign seperately as they would be upgrades of ships I am currently flying. Even if they would be sold at a higher price a piece than a regular T6 ship, I would still be interested.

So... if any at Cryptic's sales department is reading this: you can get at least one more customer (and I imagine many more) for this pack if parts of it could be bought seperately.

Use that information or don't, I'm happy to spend my money on other things that I will fully make use of :)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    I might buy the Odyssey and Sovereign seperately as they would be upgrades of ships I am currently flying. Even if they would be sold at a higher price a piece than a regular T6 ship, I would still be interested.

So... if any at Cryptic's sales department is reading this: you can get at least one more customer (and I imagine many more) for this pack if parts of it could be bought seperately.

Use that information or don't, I'm happy to spend my money on other things that I will fully make use of :)

Selling thing seperately will completely negate the purpose of this pack. This pack is basically a buy a ToS connie that is an account unlock with no gambling pack. NONE of the other ships matters in this pack other than that ship. At best, what we MIGHT see is the zen store already ships that got an upgrade get sold individually...which for you and me works out just fine...but the cost of this pack is the account unlock, no gamble ToS connie.

I disagree. I don't think the TOS Connie the selling point for this pack. If it is, we should see space swarming with them.

It is certainly A selling point for some people, and it is a very good ship, but people all have different tastes.

Personally, I grew up watching reruns of TOS and the TOS movies, before TNG came out, but the Connie has never quite grabbed me.
    I saw a Legendary Sovereign at DS9 last night as well.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Never saw an excelsior...

So upsetting...

Q,Q

But really it should have it, objectively speaking though that wouldn't be the one I'd fly, it's be the Odyssey. What an impressive vessel, canon Enterprise F!!!

But can't pay for the bundle if I'm using a tiny amount of it. I'll say it again and again. Not happening cryptic, I won't break :)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Selling thing seperately will completely negate the purpose of this pack. This pack is basically a buy a ToS connie that is an account unlock with no gambling pack. NONE of the other ships matters in this pack other than that ship. At best, what we MIGHT see is the zen store already ships that got an upgrade get sold individually...which for you and me works out just fine...but the cost of this pack is the account unlock, no gamble ToS connie.

Agreed. While a few of the ships are cool (the new NX skin is really nice) the pack really is 'buy a connie and get some throw in's for free.' I have seen a few of the Legendary Odysseys here and there and a couple Defiants, but most of what I have seen flying around are Legendary Constitutions.

I don't think the TOS Connie the selling point for this pack. If it is, we should see space swarming with them.

That is exactly what's happening. They're everywhere.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Sorry, Cryptic. You had me with the Pilot Defiant, then lost me by forcing the purchase of the whole bundle to obtain it.
    the pack really is 'buy a connie and get some throw in's for free.'

Not for me it wasn't, I primarily bought it for the NX, Galaxy, and Odyssey skins. I've never liked the TOS Connie (I do love Cryptic's Excalibur design, but I already have the promo version on the character I wanted it for) so that wasn't a big seller for me. The Disco and JJ Connies were a nice bonus, but I would have made the purchase without them.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    I said years ago, the so-called prohibition of end game Constitutions was BS. The reason was if they had one it would surpress sales of other ships. Well, we have had a plethora of other ships that have made good money. They have had a go with R&D Promotion Constitutions and made good money. Here is the cash out with a 'for a limited time only' (but we'll be back wink, wink, nudge, nudge) cherry on top. ;)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    I said years ago, the so-called prohibition of end game Constitutions was BS.

In the early days it wasn't, otherwise there would have been one LONG before AoY. Once that restriction was lifted though the only thing stopping them from putting it in the C-Store instead of a lock box or promo pack was greed.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    Pass, $300 is too rich for me.
This discussion has been closed.