test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

10th Anniversary Legacy Starship Bundles!

Comments

• duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    Well, if I had known this was coming I could have saved myself a few billion EC over the years. ;)
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Are the 10 Ship Slots (Once per Account) only usable on 1 character gaining 10 ship slots or can they be distributed among multiple characters for example 5 characters each receiving 2 ship slots?

Will the Legendary Temporal Flight-Deck Carrier receive the Advanced Phaser Beam Arrays?

Can the 10 NEW "(Account-Unlocked Starship Trait)" be used my Klingon & Klingon-aligned as well?

I can see value in the Standard Bundle even if I don't like everything about it & it's a large expense.

I don't see value in the Premium Bundle, but I'm not a gambling fan, I want to know what I'm buying.

So regarding appearances: Defiant gets 5 new visual nose-jobs, the Galaxy gets a new structural & visual option, the KT Intel BC gets a new very slight structural & visual option, The Odyssey gets a new structural & visual option, the NX gets a new distinctive structural & visual option, the Sovereign seems to only be getting a new slight visual option, the Crossfield gets a new distinctive structural & visual option, the Intrepid gets a new distinctive structural option, the DISC-Ent only seems to be getting a new slight visual option, & the Connie gets a new slight structural & visual option.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I just realized something, every ship in this bundle was modified so that you can use the NX, NX Refit, TOS, TMP, Galaxy, Defiant, Intrepid, and Sovereign hull materials ... but for some reason the JJPrise hull material was left out even though that ship is in the bundle too. Why is that? Would be kinda interested to see how the TOS Connie looked with the JJPrise hull material.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    Are the 10 Ship Slots (Once per Account) only usable on 1 character gaining 10 ship slots or can they be distributed among multiple characters for example 5 characters each receiving 2 ship slots?

Will the Legendary Temporal Flight-Deck Carrier receive the Advanced Phaser Beam Arrays?

Can the 10 NEW "(Account-Unlocked Starship Trait)" be used my Klingon & Klingon-aligned as well?

I can see value in the Standard Bundle even if I don't like everything about it & it's a large expense.

I don't see value in the Premium Bundle, but I'm not a gambling fan, I want to know what I'm buying.

So regarding appearances: Defiant gets 5 new visual nose-jobs, the Galaxy gets a new structural & visual option, the KT Intel BC gets a new very slight structural & visual option, The Odyssey gets a new structural & visual option, the NX gets a new distinctive structural & visual option, the Sovereign seems to only be getting a new slight visual option, the Crossfield gets a new distinctive structural & visual option, the Intrepid gets a new distinctive structural option, the DISC-Ent only seems to be getting a new slight visual option, & the Connie gets a new slight structural & visual option.

Account unlock means 'all factions' can use the new account-wide starship traits. however, only fed and fed aligned have access to the ships and their lvl 5 mastery starship traits (so you will still have to use the pre-existing means of getting a fed starship trait on kdf aligned toons- such as the cstore or lobi store)

There is still value in the premium bundle because it contains an epic token - that in itself is worth it in somecases. you know how many phoenix lockboxes it takes to get that epic token. Some folk are lucky, for others, it takes nearly a thousand phoenix box openings. So the Premium bundle removes this gamble which is great since you're not a fan.

That beind said, the premium bundle value is much less than the standard version. But then are you willing to pay extra to get all that extra premium stuff? Not paying for it means you have to gamble later.

• dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    redwren89 wrote: »
    [...]it contains an epic token - that in itself is worth it in somecases. you know how many phoenix lockboxes it takes to get that epic token. Some folk are lucky, for others, it takes nearly a thousand phoenix box openings. So the Premium bundle removes this gamble which is great since you're not a fan.[...]

You are falling victim to a common fallacy there. Just because it takes you one thousand (or two) phoenix packs until you finally are granted an epic token that does not equal an epic token is worth the price of 1,000 phoenix packs (or 2 :o ). Chances are pretty good that the 999 other tokens now in your inventory have at least some value for you too.

Which is exactly what baffled me about the premium price tag in the first place. Unless whoever decided on the contents fell victim to the same fallacy I cannot make heads or tails out of it.
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • starcadetreedstarcadetreed Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    This seems like the most blatant overzealous profiteering I've seen; I'm fine with spending money on a game, I really am, but reason needs to apply. I've payed for a lifetime subscription, and likely spent upwards of $1k over the last ten years, and overall I'm fine with that; given how many hours of enjoyment the game has brought me, that seems fair to me. But... releasing essentially a pack of skins and updates that should already have happened to bring previous ships in line with typical new specs, and then even better, just including old consoles and some gambling items, then asking for about twice what you can even purchase in a two day period in terms of zen? Yeah, no. This is bad. It kind of feels like we're been spat on in the face here. Things like the mega bundles made some sense to me, but re-skinning a bunch of ships and then just doing stat corrections that honestly should have happened already to the main versions of many of these classes? It's pretty ridiculous. A $200-400 bundle could only possibly make sense to me at least if it also included new content, some kind of expansion, or a lot more truly new options, i.e. newly designed from the ground-up ships. If this is the kind of reward we're going to expect from the game for 10 years of playing and supporting, and this level of milking (seriously at this point a car has less cost to it than buying even a few ships or bundles a year in game) is going to be present going forward, my time with the game is done. Back to SWTOR for me; there I can access virtually everything other than a few cosmetic items without spending real money, and there's nothing even approaching the cost scale of these new packages. I'm less angry than disappointed at this point. We deserve better.
    redwren89 wrote: »

Account unlock means 'all factions' can use the new account-wide starship traits. however, only fed and fed aligned have access to the ships and their lvl 5 mastery starship traits (so you will still have to use the pre-existing means of getting a fed starship trait on kdf aligned toons- such as the cstore or lobi store) I hope you're right on this, & it makes sense to me, but until Cryptic clarifies this point or until it releases & then it's verified I'm not going to rely on assuming.

There is still value in the premium bundle because it contains an epic token - that in itself is worth it in somecases. you know how many phoenix lockboxes it takes to get that epic token. Some folk are lucky, for others, it takes nearly a thousand phoenix box openings. So the Premium bundle removes this gamble which is great since you're not a fan. The R&D packs are gambling, the keys are gambling, it would've been better to just add more lobi for the buyer. Besides this Phoenix Epic token is for 1 character, nowadays it might be better to just wait it out & buy on sale in Mudd's.

That beind said, the premium bundle value is much less than the standard version. But then are you willing to pay extra to get all that extra premium stuff? Not paying for it means you have to gamble later. That's a false premise you're presenting as I have to gamble, simply I do not have to as I stated previously, "I want to know what I'm buying." But best of luck to those buying the Premium I'm sure all the R&D packs & keys will have at least 1 winner.

• cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    reyan01 wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »

Honestly - I'd have preferred a T6 Nova over any of this, but realistically the same applies to the Nova as to the two ship classes you mentioned. They're NOT 'legendary'.

Everything in this pack is a 'hero' ship - the lead ship, commanded by the lead Captain, of whatever series or movie they appeared in. Loathe as I am to say it, the Excelsior, Nebula and Nova don't qualify.

The TOS/disco connie could have been costumes for one ship. They are supposed to be the SAME ship.

The Excelsior probably has more screen time than some of the ships here. It is certainly the most successful Federation ship design. I would also have thought the B'rel fits quite well as at least a nod to Voyage Home, and all its other movie appearances, and a token offering to the KDF in the pack.

Again, I'd have preferred a quality pass/T6 Nova class over pretty much anything else - but its just not an important enough ship. Sadly, it would seem that the Devs wanted to make this a 'hero ship' bundle and didn't think any other ship(s) qualified.

And whilst I DO get what others are saying about the Excelsior, at least be grateful you HAVE a quality pass T6 model in-game (admittedly with poor stats, but nonetheless).
    Legandary support ships pack ?

Pilot Excelsior maybe command but at least give it a pilot seat at lower ranks. TOS or kelvin skin ?
    Pilot or MW Nova with 25th-Century skin
    Temporal Oberth with command lower seating 25th-Century skin.
    Temporal Ambassador
    Pilot or MW destroyer franklin class 25th-Century skin
    Intel mogai
    Intel vorcha
    MW Prometheus warship
    Command Nebula carrier
    Command Norway or Vanguard Jem'Hadar Battlecruiser

• azeda1azeda1 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    What is the maximum of ship slots you can have on one character..?
  • gekko94itagekko94ita Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have a question, but will the ships found in the lockboxes still have the same skins or will it be necessary to buy the Bundle?
    I ask because I do not give them 300 € to Cryptic studio to have the ships I already have, Cryptic studio you are by chance learning from EA?
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,309 Community Moderator
    > @gekko94ita said:
    > I have a question, but will the ships found in the lockboxes still have the same skins or will it be necessary to buy the Bundle?
    > I ask because I do not give them 300 € to Cryptic studio to have the ships I already have, Cryptic studio you are by chance learning from EA?
    >

🙄
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    gekko94ita wrote: »
    I have a question, but will the ships found in the lockboxes still have the same skins or will it be necessary to buy the Bundle?
    I ask because I do not give them 300 € to Cryptic studio to have the ships I already have, Cryptic studio you are by chance learning from EA?
    Will any of these ships ever be sold individually? I only want the upgraded Odyssey.

Possibly in the future, but not right now.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/544728655?t=01h01m12s

Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • robertdamonrobertdamon Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    > @eiriktworavens#2049 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Why didn't you save Zen rather than the T6 tokens? Is there something I am missing in that statement?

You're right, I wish I had. But the reason I bought tokens was because they were on discount on the Mudd Store. Made economic sense to grab them then. In hindsight not so much though! :-)
  • altair1193altair1193 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Is this pack only going to be avalable for a limited time?
  • vanessairavanessaira Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I am rather bummed that the bundle has 3 versions of a Constitution, (which I love) and not any love for the Excelsior and Ambassador classes With Enterprise B and C. Could have at least thrown in the regular ships a bonus add or something.
    edited February 2020
    > @dukedom01 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > You are falling victim to a common fallacy there. Just because it takes you one thousand (or two) phoenix packs until you finally are granted an epic token that does not equal an epic token is worth the price of 1,000 phoenix packs (or 2 :o ). Chances are pretty good that the 999 other tokens now in your inventory have at least some value for you too.
    >
    > Which is exactly what baffled me about the premium price tag in the first place. Unless whoever decided on the contents fell victim to the same fallacy I cannot make heads or tails out of it.

There is no fallacy if that's the only thing people may be interested in getting and that it's totally improbable to get. The majority would agree, probably
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Will continue saving and waiting on Romulan & Jem'Hadar ships, hoping they will also benefit from the same artistic talent that went into making this:

EQgr_mJUcAAcLx5?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Otherwise, not a connie fan, and only missing the Andromeda & Sovereigns from the pack, and even then, I enjoy the Gal-X just fine as well as the Eclipse.

Sure it would be nice to also get the new epic Crossfield skin, Bellerophon and Regent, but even if I add each individual ship I kind of would want at full price, it makes 14.5K zen, with 5K going into obsoleting ships I already paid for or ships I don't care about whatsoever. This broken game needs fixing, and actual end-game content for all the nice models to have meaning.
    azeda1 wrote: »

55. Not sure how the shuttles count, so it could be 56 or 57. I don't know if there's a limit on dry dock slots.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Hi all I am a returning player to the game, I haven't played in a long time and can see a lot has changed, its been a few years.

I have opted to start a new char to try and relearn the game but so far enjoying the game again. The reason for this post is I have the Zen to buy either of the bundles, the only advantage of having a lifetime sub keep ticking on.

for a returning player would this pack be worth getting ? or is it something more for the hardcore players. and if you would recommend the bundle which one and why ?

I know I am likely asking a lot and suspect in the end it will likely come down to me having to choice blind, but outside of looks I have no idea what is good/bad and so on. Or if the extra's in the premium bundle is worth it or I am better saving the zen for something else as a lot of the stuff that is in it being honest I have no idea what they are.

This Pack is Fed Only for the ships... once ships are fully mastered it unlocks an account wide ship trait.

Unless your playing a Fed toon... it's not really worth it. However you could decide that one of these new account wide traits are must have and worth the $200 to $300 in zen. Thats up to you.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Drydock 305/310 max (Silver/Gold).
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    > @ltminns said:
    > Drydock 305/310 max (Silver/Gold).

Wow, that's a lot of ships
    Will continue saving and waiting on Romulan & Jem'Hadar ships, hoping they will also benefit from the same artistic talent that went into making this:

Otherwise, not a connie fan, and only missing the Andromeda & Sovereigns from the pack, and even then, I enjoy the Gal-X just fine as well as the Eclipse.

Sure it would be nice to also get the new epic Crossfield skin, Bellerophon and Regent, but even if I add each individual ship I kind of would want at full price, it makes 14.5K zen, with 5K going into obsoleting ships I already paid for or ships I don't care about whatsoever. This broken game needs fixing, and actual end-game content for all the nice models to have meaning.

55. Not sure how the shuttles count, so it could be 56 or 57. I don't know if there's a limit on dry dock slots.

I agree with the obsoleting point. Lets see how much zen my actual usage would be worth. 18k, assuming i'm paying 3000 zen for 1 trait here, 1 console there.

Its bloody extortion.

edited February 2020
    I won't even use half of what the bundle is 'offering'. As such if there is no individual sale of these ships, I will simply wait in my already very well able and equipped ship until there is one.

I love my current ship, there is no reason why I should change it, unless its value for money to do so, by which time I will have saved enough zen for it without dropping money on these robbers.

Kudos
  • azeda1azeda1 Member Posts: 72 Arc User

Thanks for the reply, then its out of the quesstion to claime the 10 extra slots on my main since I already have 51 active slots there..

ltminns wrote: »
    Drydock 305/310 max (Silver/Gold).

Have to Invest more in drydock slots then...

• sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    If there were account-wide (instead of per character) buyable ship slots I could get behind those, similar story with BOFF slots. That's the downside to having a dozen active characters- mastering each new ship on each one individually. That's why when a double-xp weekend comes along I take full advantage.

However, the upside of that is that it's enabled me to convert enough dil to Zen to be able to afford the standard pack at the opening price without spending real money. I had to expend two-thirds of my entire supply of refined dil to get there but I did it. The question of where I'm going to put those ships is another matter! :D

The reason I'll buy this is because half the ships in the pack were previously only available via lockboxes/lobi and I hadn't obtained any of them.
  • jpmoney01jpmoney01 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    This has been asked and not addressed yet. The zen cap is 23000 every 48 hours. How is this being solved or will people just need to spend 3 days waiting to get the amount needed? Never mind what's in the bundles, will we be expected to spend three days making payments or will this rather large issue be solved in the next 12 hours?
    jpmoney01 wrote: »
    This has been asked and not addressed yet. The zen cap is 23000 every 48 hours. How is this being solved or will people just need to spend 3 days waiting to get the amount needed? Never mind what's in the bundles, will we be expected to spend three days making payments or will this rather large issue be solved in the next 12 hours?

Cryptic/PWE is devising an installment layaway plan for this & all other future higher priced bundles I'm sure :-)
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    Hey folks!
    There's a bug in the C-store, so I want to correct this before people miss out on the sale. The 35% off sale on the bundle lasts until 2/27. The bundle itself is available until 3/9. Thanks!
  • talgeezetalgeeze Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    Hey folks!
    There's a bug in the C-store, so I want to correct this before people miss out on the sale. The 35% off sale on the bundle lasts until 2/27. The bundle itself is available until 3/9. Thanks!

I'm disappointed -again- this info was not released before the bundles went live.
  • additivaadditiva Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hallo Leute

DE

Der Kauf von ZEN ist Online (Webseite) nicht möglich. Auch Ingame funktioniert dieses nicht korrekt.

Danke für den 10th Geburtstag. Teures Paket was man NICHT kaufen kann.

EN-Google

It is not possible to buy ZEN online (website). This also doesn't work correctly in-game,
    thanks for the 10th birthday. Expensive package which you can not buy.

BB
  • sleel43sleel43 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    HiLARious. Over $400 to buy this bundle and you can't even give REFINED dill. Pa. The. Tic.
This discussion has been closed.