test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

10th Anniversary Legacy Starship Bundles!

Comments

• Options
    redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    > @coldnapalm said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > We never saw hanger bays on screen on a galaxy?!? You mean all those scenes with hangers bays with shuttle crafts didn't happen? News to me. Now you are just making TRIBBLE up to try and not look stupid for say the pack is bad because it didn't have ONE ship with a specific configuration in it. Also what you claimed now has NOTHING to do with your previous claim. I mean there are PLENTY of VALID reasons why this pack can be viewed as bad...and I have stated many of them myself...just not anything YOU say is all.

Now I'm starting to think of one of those episodes ehere> @coldnapalm said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > We never saw hanger bays on screen on a galaxy?!? You mean all those scenes with hangers bays with shuttle crafts didn't happen? News to me. Now you are just making TRIBBLE up to try and not look stupid for say the pack is bad because it didn't have ONE ship with a specific configuration in it. Also what you claimed now has NOTHING to do with your previous claim. I mean there are PLENTY of VALID reasons why this pack can be viewed as bad...and I have stated many of them myself...just not anything YOU say is all.

I'm happy with the configuration of the Odyssey ship, thought about how the shields helped of losing hull faster, and losing hull faster helped with a couple consoles and gives the command turn the tide some added greatness.

I may be wrong about the galaxy, but giving all our favourite ships everything the game has is bad for sales. You should know this already since you like talking about sales.

I can't speak to anything else you have said.
  • Options
    > @coldnapalm said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Wow...you really are all over the place. Not sure if you know how to have a proper discussion...but word of advice, the throw everything at the wall and see what sticks kinda fails by the third try. These legendary ships by no means have everything in this game. They are still WOEFULLY short of doing the performance of the T6 scimmies...especially the engineer one in an energy build. So from a performance stand point, these ships all fall short. They are there to boost already sub standard ships (especially the defiant) so they feel more like hero ships. And charge you and arm and a leg so you can have a hero ship that doesn't feel like it is a limp wristed weezing tween. Okay for the c-store versions at least. The promo and lockbox and lobi ships...well, it's so you can have a cheap 100% access to these ships. The two promo skins if you want them normally would net them 250 bucks PER toon. They are giving you BOTH skins for 195 bucks as an ACCOUNT unlock. That is a MASSIVE discount. You don't have to like the numbers...but this is what keeps the lights in the studio and lets us have a game. So instead of complaining about the pack, maybe you should be thankful that there is so many people who wanted this and buys this so you can keep playing this game for free...or with as little support as you want.

I can see how you might think that but I disagree with your first paragraph. And giving them everything in the game is not the point. We gonna keep batting this to and from each other or you going to stop exaggerating my meaning? It depends who you are and what you want but some people would love the extra gimmicks on those hero ships just to make it feel like they have everything. They did this more so with some than others. I think cryptic knows which ships our favourite ones are.

Second, yeah it's technically been decades since we saw scimis on screen, now being the 25th century, thought atleast some more modern day hero ships might have come closer to them but oh well. They were OP and never really left their special seat on a dps table but the difference in numbers isn't breaking anything, except maybe the spirits of minmaxers.

And finally, you're right about it being a fan pleaser to some extent and I'm glad it's a bundle made available account wide. Shouldn't have to keep buying something over and over imo.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    > @coldnapalm said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Your point was not the point?!? Holy jeebus...do you even remotely have any idea what the hell you are saying at this point?!? Look, you said something stupid...get over it already and stop trying to make yourself look smarter. You are doing the exact opposite.

My point was that if you give more gimmicks to the most iconic of Star trek ships, more people will buy them because people will feel they have everything they could ever want on that ship. But if you give everything to the most sought-after ship, it will potentially reduce sales on other ships that are less iconic and therefore less sought-after.

Nearly 8k posts you have there. You seem experienced enough to know that I reworded what I said.

I cannot comment on anything else you said.
    Post edited by redwren89 on
  • Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    @coldnapalm - You are a better man than I. There seems to be a serious reading comprehension issue at worst or a general concept failboat sailing at best.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    You know, I always hated the design of the JJPrise, but the Beyond version's thinner neck and more reasonably sized nacelles has made it grow on me a bit.
    The issue I still find with the JJPrise is the slight bend in the nacelle pylons.

@avoozuul that's actually one aspect of the ship that never bothered me, my issues were always with the neck shape, how far back the neck connects to the secondary hull, and the nacelle size, and the Beyond parts fix two of those issues.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    > @redwren89 said:
    > > @coldnapalm said:
    > > (Quote)
    > >
    > > Your point was not the point?!? Holy jeebus...do you even remotely have any idea what the hell you are saying at this point?!? Look, you said something stupid...get over it already and stop trying to make yourself look smarter. You are doing the exact opposite.
    >
    >

> @reyan01 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > The neck is the one thing that really puts me off the KT Constution to be honest. I LOATHE the way the neck connects with the secondary hull.

I agree, the neck deserves snapping off again and again with altamid swarmers, awful design imo.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    redwren89 wrote: »
    > @coldnapalm said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Yeah...valid criticism is allowed. I don't like a pack because ONE specific ship with a specific configuration is NOT a valid criticism. That means you hate ALL T6 packs released so far as the ship you want has not been released.

My criticisms are all valid. We never saw hangar bays on the Galaxy on the screen, why should it's legend have it?

I know you're all for updates but this isn't canon at all.

Yes we did. Shuttle bay 2 was always seen in episodes.
    gshutt10.jpg

What we never saw was the main shuttle bay due to budget cuts but it did exist. You can literally see it on the ships model and schematics were drawn for it by Rick Sternbach.
    Enterprise-D-Main-Shuttlebay-deck-plan.jpg
    Enterprise-D-Main-Shuttlebay-600x338.jpg
    Enterprise-D-Main-Shuttlebay-1-600x338.jpg
    Enterprise-D-Main-Shuttlebay-2-600x338.jpg
    Enterprise-D-Main-Shuttlebay-3-600x338.jpg
    60b0df2469ed65471668ceafd9cec367.jpg​​

True - they never showed in interior of the main shuttlebay on the 1701-D; but the audience DID get one quick glimpse of it from the exterior looking into it just a bit when they did the "decompress main shuttlebay" sequence in the TNG episode "Cause and Effect"; which is interesting in that it showed they had a model that HAD a articulateable/filmable main shuttlebay door (IE they spent the money) - but never used it before or in any later episodes.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    pino31pino31 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I just don't have the money they're asking to drop on the game for a group of ships. They may be mouth watering. But the price is ridiculous. Buying a pack like this will absolutely NEVER happen. For one, I can't afford it, and even if I could, it's a ridiculous price in the first place. It doesn't really matter how big a ST fan I am at that point :\
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    pino31 wrote: »
    I just don't have the money they're asking to drop on the game for a group of ships. They may be mouth watering. But the price is ridiculous. Buying a pack like this will absolutely NEVER happen. For one, I can't afford it, and even if I could, it's a ridiculous price in the first place. It doesn't really matter how big a ST fan I am at that point :\

I break it down this way, IF you don't have any of the previous versions & at the $19500 zen price that is only 1950 zen per ship, $19.50 which is VERY reasonably priced for account-wide unlocks mostly only Fed-aligned, consoles/traits/weapons included, with the 10 new starship traits & 10 ship slots for all account, & some of these ships being lockbox/Promo gambling similar "versions". Now if someone already owned many of the previous versions of these ships' offerings I could see a decline in value.

The upfront big price is a deterrent & if someone cannot afford it then no shame in that. I think that's why eventually, besides Cryptic wanting to make even more money, they should sell these ships individually. There will probably be a premium price tag though for per ship & maybe an exclusive lost however. This gives Fed-aligned characters a distinct advantage in STO over KDF-aligned similar to the Temporal Recruitment gave a distinct advantage for Fed-aligned over KDF-aligned with gear & DOFFs for account performance as well.
  • Options
    Why aren't the consoles available in "reclaim" so we can use some of them on our KDF toons?

~ Master Reden
  • Options
    altair1193altair1193 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They are not in the Reclaim because they are on C-Store Ships, which themselves can be reclaimed.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    But will they still be in the c-store after the sale ends?
  • Options
    @Itminns a lot of of the consoles, from what I was able to find, are only found on lockbox ships, or in lockboxes.
    Also KDF can't claim a FED ship which means none of the consoles that are "specific" to a ship, can be used on a KDF toon.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    The Consoles from the Lockbox or Lobi ships are in the Dilithium Reclaim Store unless you dispose of the ship. Lockbox or Phoenix Consoles are not Reclaimable because they are the specific item you obtained and if you toss it, it is gone for good.

Event Award Consoles will be in the Event Reclaim Store.

There may be a few Consoles that should but are not there, probably due to oversight.

Experimental Weapons will follow this as well
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I know quite a few people wanted a T6 Nova so this latest ship would be a cruel idea but be like the KDF's poor man's D7 that this is lol. So a Nova that is made out of bop and raptor parts and has a federation deflector and uses romulan singularity core and a warp core but has 2 secondary deflectors as well.

The other wishlist thing could migrate to this a K'vort that has multi vector tech that can give the pilot player a heavy bop to command when its separated and two slightly smaller bops that could work like the wingman mechanic.
  • Options
    axl187axl187 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    > @crypticarmsman said:
    > .(Quote)
    >
    > “and having the Donnie Advanced Phasers spawnable for free (not 40K Dilithium a pop)”

Not free, 40k a pop, same price as spiral wave disruptors.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    There are no new Consoles in the Legendary Pack, so if you couldn't get the Consoles previously, you wouldn't be eligible now.

Some ships, like the NX and Mirror Crossfield have Lobi Console/Trait Packs for purchase by the KDF (and therefore the Exchange).

The Temporal Light Crusier Constitution and Discovery Constitutions have D7 KDF equivalents.

The Kelvin Constitution's Console is availible on the Exchange as it was availible from the Lockbox for other Factions.

The Odyssey Consoles from both Tiers have Bortas KDF Consoles in their place.

The Crossfield was paired with the Sarcophagus from the Liackbox.

The Sovereign, Defiant, Intrepid, and Galaxy have locked Consoles or those that are meaningless to KDF players. I think a couple may be part of Cross-faction Console Packs availible on the Exchange.

As another example about Consoles and use by other Factions. There was a 9-ship cross-faction Vesta pack with the same Consoles for each of the three ships in each Faction pack. They were capable of being used on any ship.

However, only the Federation had a 3-ship T5 Vesta Pack. Those ships had locked Consoles. The two piece Bonus enabled a Chroniton Integrated Quantum Slipstream drive. Now, while they could be used on the Federation T6 Vestas, they couldn't be used on the other Factions T6 Vesta equivalents.

So only the Federation T6 Vestas could travel at high Slipstream, even though all Factions had T6 Vestas.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    altair1193 wrote: »
    I know this has probably been covered already but the sale is ending in 3 days as of writing this post (Not the full 24 as was advertised, False advertising!) Will the bundle Discount or not become completely unavailable to buy after? because if it is that is a load of TRIBBLE and I suppose if that is the case then will I suppose we will still see the bundle ships in the shipyard/customiser.

There's a reason they said Limited time at 19500/295000, full price is 30000/45000. They also stated when it came out that the BUNDLE itself is disappearing after the end of the Anniversary - they said a number of times it wouldn't be at the sale price for the full Anniversary run.

They did also say the Bundle will probably reappear a few times in the future; so those waiting for them to break it up into the component C-Store ships (probably at a higher price point per individual ship if they ever do break it up); may be in for a long wait.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    So if the bundle is going of sale but will still be available at full price till the end of the anniversary when dose the anniversary end for the PC?
  • Options
    hunterguyver4hunterguyver4 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    (response to redacted post removed) - darkbladejk
    "Richard, I'll give you one word of advice, you shouldn't anger a demigod" - Lord Archanfel, Supreme Zoalord and leader of the Chronos Organization in the series Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor series.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Dam ended up 1484 zen short of the 19500 bundle. Guess I'm missing out on this pack until it reappears in the future on sale
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    > @reyan01 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > To be honest, not sure of the issue here. I mean, as you say, most of said consoles are limited to particuar ships - the ablative generator for example is very much specific to the Intrepid.
    > And in some cases the consoles are already available via the older versions of the ships. The Defiant consoles, for example, still come with the Kor class BoP for the KDF and the T'Varo for the RR.
    >
    > Furthermore, many of them are older consoles with no passive abilities and limited use outside of being part of a set.

I havent used a t5 ship or a t5 cstore console I'm a long time so not sure of how much a surprise this is to people. T5 consoles cool down is reduced to 1 minute now. With the science control build and unconventional tactics, it makes them incredibly viable. I mean, torpedo build ablative generator with 40% uptme is pretty awesome to say the least.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    Guys knock it off with the false advertisement stuff. Before I posted this I made sure to get confirmation from Ambassador Kael himself and I can confirm the sale WILL go to the 27th and the clock in game is wrong. There was a typo in the original announcement so you still have until the 27th for the sale. If any of you try to buy the pack after the clock runs out and it's wanting to charge you full price before the 27th, let me know immediately and I will pass it up the chain.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.