Options

Changing STO lore [SPOILERS for Star Trek: Picard]

13»

Comments

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    starkaos wrote: »
    There has also been at least one TV series/game pair where the game was just as canon as the show: Defiance.

Except the TV series was tied into the MMO from the start for Defiance. So there was no problem of trying to integrate the canon like the almost impossible task of STO and Picard. We would have to wait for STO 2 and a new Star Trek series for Star Trek being able to do that.

I for one would not want another Defiance. It was innovative but niche for its time with the idea of synchronization between a TV show on SciFi (not Syfy for me) and a MMO. As for STO and Picard only Cryptic knows what they are going to do. I still do not see a problem.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Ok, here's one definitive way in which STP directly contradicts STO in a way that could only be reconciled by either retconning STO or making STO a separate universe/timeline (as it probably should be): Hugh. Back in December they revealed his STP appearance:

Hugh in STO:
    j6fOU97.png

Hugh in STP:
    iMQavK1.jpg
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    well, they already altered seven's appearance, so i expect them to do the same for hugh - it still isn't an insurmountable alteration, especially since hugh only shows up in one or two places​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Or they needed to 'Reimagine' that Patrol.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    yeah changing the way Hugh looks in STO is probably easy. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    7 of 9.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    Ok, here's one definitive way in which STP directly contradicts STO in a way that could only be reconciled by either retconning STO or making STO a separate universe/timeline (as it probably should be): Hugh. Back in December they revealed his STP appearance:

Hugh in STO:
    j6fOU97.png

Hugh in STP:
    iMQavK1.jpg

Actually, the change in appearance could be very easily explained by saying that he was on one of the ships being re-assimilated, got away at the last second before it would have completed, and has not gotten around to getting the extraneous hardware removed again yet.
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    I actually like him more as he appers in STP
  • Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    So...Seven of Nine or Anna. The only change I want. :smiley:
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
This discussion has been closed.