test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Q's Winter Wonderland!

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    galatt wrote: »
    For those of you who want a snow mob, there's a little valley to the right of the path to the gingerbread village. Normally, it's filled with about forty snowmen standing in rows.
    During the snowball fight however ALL of them animate. They will swarm over you.

Yeah! That is the snowman platoon!!!!! I love attacking them!!!!! And if I weren't coughing my head off , that is where I would be!!!!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I often spawn camp them.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    I often spawn camp them.

Same.
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
    Man, I can be totally spoiled by this insta-teleport to First City, I am getting from this WW ad button. LOL!

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    Ah! LOVE this Snowball Fight!! The one where I get to run around the woods looking for Snow Men to kill!! LOL! THIS event needs to run much more often.

edited December 2018
    Boy, you get a lot of stuff for finishing that Cones of Conduct. Though I think the Tides of Ice may be better. Trying to catch up on my WW Commodities, since I was off sick for the first part of it.

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Boy, you get a lot of stuff for finishing that Cones of Conduct. Though I think the Tides of Ice may be better. Trying to catch up on my WW Commodities, since I was off sick for the first part of it.

It really get discouraged when I run up to Tides of Ice and find myself alone or with only one other person waiting. :o
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    Well, if I am there....there will be two. What else do we need, Warrior????

OH...I forgot to mention....the last Tides of Ice I experienced....there was a kid taking out waves of those Snow Borg with that gun that shoots melted caramel projectiles. Go grab one of those before hitting the slopes. :)

edited December 2018
    LOL! Fastest Game On Ice as an Undine. :)

https://i.imgur.com/cI3bZ9C.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/iaO9XbW.jpg

Oh dear....I guess I should dig up some WW weapons.

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    LOL! Fastest Game On Ice as an Undine. :)

https://i.imgur.com/cI3bZ9C.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/iaO9XbW.jpg

Oh dear....I guess I should dig up some WW weapons.

Who needs weapons when you're a tripod. :p
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    edited December 2018
    Yea! I got my S'torr ship today!! :)

Here is the picture of the Admiralty Card in a Fed character's listing....it is under Fek'Irhi Warship NOT listed as a S'torr which was what I was searching through the list for and failing to find. Don't panic!

https://i.imgur.com/92reM5O.jpg
    No sorting enabled here.

• nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    I'm sure it has already been mentioned previously in these posts, but especially since so little was added to the Q's Winter Wonderland event store this year I think Cryptic should definitely add some specific Dominion scarfs. The other three factions have specific scarfs so why not Dominion?

Besides that, didn't really feel enthused about this years WW event, but I did do the daily race for the S'torr which seems to be a nice enough ship.
    edited January 2019
    I keep finding myself searching for this over and over.... so.....

Dates for Q's WW Event:
    December 4th, 2018 - January 17th, 2019....up until maintenance on PC.

Note: The last full day is: JANUARY 16TH.

Here is the pic: https://i.imgur.com/64Pa21k.jpg

P.S..... HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!!! Hope you are all spending New Year's Eve with people you love. :)

edited January 2019
    So...I was doing "Cones of Conduct" by myself tonight....full instance 22 players, no one was in the Gingerbread Village but me (LOL!) what do people do on WW????.....anyhoo....

As I was attempting to take out piles of snowmen blocking my melting candy....with my "Hail", the Dual Pistol of the snow weapons.... I was thinking: gosh, wouldn't it be useful if I had a snow weapon that acted like a mini-gun....you know, sprays snow bullets in a cone fashion. Or maybe a snow weapon equal to a split beam rifle...hits 3 targets at once.

Which one of these snow weapons does this???
    I have a snow blower...but it doesn't seem to have the distance or fire fast enough or something.

edited January 2019
    BTW.... Tides of Ice, alone....is fun! Someone was complaining about this.

Killing mobs of Snow Borg is exhilarating. Well, when one is not frozen in place. The turrets on top of the balcony and bridges step up as your back up...so it isn't all that bad. And at the end when the Snow Queen dissipates (no, I didn't have enough snow fire power to kill her, outright....I think, the timer just runs out), you get a nice pile of every ornament for your inventory.

I would do this, again.... For the Glory!!!!
    I will bring my candy cane bat'leth next time. LOL!

P.S. Krampus, on the other hand....the more the merrier. You need someone to keep that creature busy.

LOL! Krampus gets totally distracted by the Gingerbread Security Team. LOL!

So, I am sitting here waiting on Tides of Ice....full instance 22 players....it is me and my friend against the tide. What do people DO in WW??? Stand around and wait? It is weird.

• anubis0sarvouranubis0sarvour Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    I missed out the last few days due to internet issues, but the last couple times I tried Tides I joined the battle but no SnowBorg spawned. Absolutely none.
    3fe5520084f54ba06a859d0b2c824e771701473049.png
    The Borg Assimilator
    Live Long and Prosper.🖖[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2019
    Complaint: The Fast and the Flurrious. Needs to run more often.

AND....my friend and I did great on that Tides of Ice run, though some did get away....but it was fun.

We, also, freed 13 Gingerbread People on the The Kramp'Ihri...with the addition of one other player who joined in. :)

We ended up split up to different instances for Cones of Conduct...but that was fun, too. At least for me, I had a couple of players working on the Syrup collection in my instance....I don't think my friend fared as well.

I don't understand why when collecting Ornament Fragments (I think that is Klingon Ice Fishing)...always one short and I end up with 4 that I can not turn in.

• jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    So, I am sitting here waiting on Tides of Ice....full instance 22 players....it is me and my friend against the tide. What do people DO in WW??? Stand around and wait? It is weird.

I know that feeling! >_< I too have wound up fighting the Kramp'Ihri - or, as I tend to call him, the Krokus - solo, or maybe with one other person, and it does make me wonder where everyone is.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
    edited January 2019
    I know that feeling! >_< I too have wound up fighting the Kramp'Ihri - or, as I tend to call him, the Krokus - solo, or maybe with one other person, and it does make me wonder where everyone is.
    IKR?? LOL!

The deal with Krampus: when there is only one player...everyone focuses on you.

Get a second player in on the act, Krampus and the horde's focus is split. So, the trick is when he is focused on you...."kite" Krampus away from the packages, so the second player can deal with the sickly elves and open packages.

Oh and as I mentioned before: Gingerbread Security Men....Krampus will focus on THEM, too. If everyone deploys Gingerbread Security Men....it is easier to distract the big guy and open packages. Because he is not bagging you.

And I was watching my friend last night, he is using melee to great effect on those sickly elves. I, still, have not figured out what snow weapon works better on Krampus.

Over all, I like the "Hail" (dual pistols) and the "SnowBlower". Is snowblower the actual in game name of that weapon? It is that thing that has a backpack and blows fog, does NOT look like Ghostbusters or shooting candy.

My friend switches instances to find a group that is playing....but a lot of the instances are filled with people not killing snowmen.

I missed out the last few days due to internet issues, but the last couple times I tried Tides I joined the battle but no SnowBorg spawned. Absolutely none.

Hmmm....not to say it would never happen to me, but I have not had that problem, yet.

reyan01 wrote: »
    To be honest I tend to lose interest in the Winter event after Christmas. Sounds silly, but to be me it feels like it has a nicer atmosphere before Christmas, and it loses it's appeal (to me) once Christmas has come and gone.

And didn't appreciate Krampus telling me I'd been "naughty this year" when the year was all of 20 seconds old.....
    ;)

Yeah, the dialog on Krampus is stupid. But I just ignore most of the writing/dialog/speeches in STO since it isn't very high caliber, (typos, long winded, confusing wording or phrasing) anyways.

To be honest I tend to lose interest in the Winter event after Christmas. Sounds silly, but to be me it feels like it has a nicer atmosphere before Christmas, and it loses it's appeal (to me) once Christmas has come and gone.

And didn't appreciate Krampus telling me I'd been "naughty this year" when the year was all of 20 seconds old.....
    ;)

I can dig where you're coming from. There's a certain vibe to the holiday before, and some of said feeling goes on somewhere after the 25th for me. On a barely pertinent note, I have some playlists specifically for STO, and before the 25th, it was all about the crooners like Sinatra, Crosby and Como. After the 25th, I loaded in the same hair metal list I used for the summer event! XD

21 'til I die!
    edited January 2019
    As I am still listening to: Jesu, Joy of Man's Desire...from my classical Christmas collection while turning around contraband and running FGOI with my Alts this morning.

Hair metal. You kids and your Devil's music. ::::heee heee heee::::: :) J/K

(I have to say the speed at with Jem'Hadars run on the ice is at the edge of my abilities....but good practice I suppose)

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    IKR?? LOL!

The deal with Krampus: when there is only one player...everyone focuses on you.

Get a second player in on the act, Krampus and the horde's focus is split. So, the trick is when he is focused on you...."kite" Krampus away from the packages, so the second player can deal with the sickly elves and open packages.

Oh and as I mentioned before: Gingerbread Security Men....Krampus will focus on THEM, too. If everyone deploys Gingerbread Security Men....it is easier to distract the big guy and open packages. Because he is not bagging you.

And I was watching my friend last night, he is using melee to great effect on those sickly elves. I, still, have not figured out what snow weapon works better on Krampus.

Over all, I like the "Hail" (dual pistols) and the "SnowBlower". Is snowblower the actual in game name of that weapon? It is that thing that has a backpack and blows fog, does NOT look like Ghostbusters or shooting candy.

My friend switches instances to find a group that is playing....but a lot of the instances are filled with people not killing snowmen.

Yes, "snowblower" is actually the name of the weapon in WW. I have heard that it is a modification of the Romulan flamethrower you can get from the reputation stuff. The full version in the main game has a regenerating fuel metric which is probably what causes the snowblower to "chuff" and cut off suddenly sometimes.

My favorite has been the hot caramel grenade launcher thing. Unfortunately it does not seem to have a main game equivalent as far as I have been able to find. Hail is nice when I am in the pistol mood, but Freezing Mist (the blue Ghostbusters gun) is a disappointment firepower wise though the range is very nice (it is surprising since I normally like spit-beam rifles in the main game).
    Yes, "snowblower" is actually the name of the weapon in WW. I have heard that it is a modification of the Romulan flamethrower you can get from the reputation stuff. The full version in the main game has a regenerating fuel metric which is probably what causes the snowblower to "chuff" and cut off suddenly sometimes.

My favorite has been the hot caramel grenade launcher thing. Unfortunately it does not seem to have a main game equivalent as far as I have been able to find. Hail is nice when I am in the pistol mood, but Freezing Mist (the blue Ghostbusters gun) is a disappointment firepower wise though the range is very nice (it is surprising since I normally like spit-beam rifles in the main game).

Oh, I found people were actually playing tonight. So, I was doing "Tides of Ice" and "Cones of Conduct" with other players. That was nice. :) I guess, it is because of the weekend.

Were you the one using that Caramel candy gun in Tides the other night? I was playing with someone who had that weapon down pat....taking out waves of Snow Borg with what looked like one shots. I bought one but couldn't get it to work quite the same. So, back in inventory it goes. LOL!

Oh yes. I ~love~ the caramel gun. ^_^ Very nice against packs of snowmen.

21 'til I die!
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited January 2019

;)

I can dig where you're coming from. There's a certain vibe to the holiday before, and some of said feeling goes on somewhere after the 25th for me. On a barely pertinent note, I have some playlists specifically for STO, and before the 25th, it was all about the crooners like Sinatra, Crosby and Como. After the 25th, I loaded in the same hair metal list I used for the summer event! XD

Then again, Little Christmas, aka Epiphany, is considered by some as the time to give gifts.
This discussion has been closed.