Install Arc
Options

Q's Winter Wonderland!

Comments

• Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Snowball fight!!!
    angelone035.jpg

Known side-effects of Space snowball fights: Space colds!
  • Options
    sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Post edited by sarvour0 on
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • Options
    Anyone else having trouble finding the event? I am only seeing "Winter Invasion"
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I see Q on First City. But I can not play right, now....
    I was just seeing if my program came back up after I patched.

I got kitchens to clean, Turkey decor to take down and Christmas lights to test. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I just want upgradeable and re-engineerable Fek'ihri weapons. I love the sounds of their weapon fire.

MINIGUNS. MINIGUNS & DUAL PISTOLS. ;)
    tomilak wrote: »
    Another nice ship I will miss out on cause I CANT do the race at all - period.
    And before all the ideas started I HAVE TRIED THEM ALL. . . I CANT DO THE RACE!
    AND I am not the only one who CANT do the impossible race.

Why can't you? It is tricky but doable. I could never do it w/those Frosty Boots, so I essentially zig-zag, instead of merely following the 'path'. I always start my turns before I get to the turn in the path, so I am facing the direction I want to go when my momentum shifts. By zig-zag I mean I am usually crisscrossing the path, to tactically/strategically shorten the distance I am travelling within the confines of the 'track'.
    ee3452p wrote: »
    tomilak wrote: »
    Another nice ship I will miss out on cause I CANT do the race at all - period.
    And before all the ideas started I HAVE TRIED THEM ALL. . . I CANT DO THE RACE!
    AND I am not the only one who CANT do the impossible race.

The race is pretty easy. Just everytime you want to change course, jump up, let go of the foward key, align your character in midair and continue going forward once you touch the ground again. Forward - Jump up - let go of foward - left right to align yourself - forward again once you touch the ground.

That too, as needed. But mainly I just zigzag & turn early. If I loose control i'll jump so as to not slide out.

ltminns wrote: »
    Enterprise Era Winter Gear.

Dude! I been rockin' that since 2012! Red ENT uniform w/white trim & gloves, black boots! :)
    4073703.jpg
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    ah so good to be back home
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    edited December 2018
    bucklerpw wrote: »
    That is a fugly ship! Do Fek'Ihri have any association with winter, cold or snow? The obvious choice, besides Breen, is Andorian. Make an Andorian ship for Q's Winter Wonderland, which is not Christmas at all. Any similarities to Christmas is purely coincidental.

I don't find it fugly at all. I like the Heavy Metal Star Destroyah more than the Breen designs, ;)
    Also, as one who hates Winter Weather, Heavy Flamers & Flame-throwers have topped my 'Dear Santa' list since I was a teen!
    jcsww wrote: »
    One of these years, can we please get a space queue for the winter event? Chasing and destroying comets to find Q's specially hidden Holiday Trinkets or something. The more Trinkets the team uncovers, the better the reward. You could even throw in a few Breen fleets to make it more interesting. Throw in some Winter Event themed weapons where cannons and turrets shoot ice shards and beams shoot water streams that freeze on contact. Add in a Starship to Fek'lhri Santa Ferengi Missle Launcher and some Holiday themed fun. A Fek'lhri Santa boss queue similar to the Crystaline Entity in style but have it move around a lot more or take the old Risa map and give us a bazooka looking rocket launcher to try and shoot him down as Fek'lhri Santa flies across the Risan sky so we can collect all of the loot. :D

I was gonna suggest some new Ground & Space Weapons via loot drops or event vendor:
    Mint J'Ula Disruptors: Similar to DSC Disruptors, but the coloration is Dark Green & White; instead of explosions on the enemies hit by it, a frosty effect and they get Cold DoT.
    Peppermint J'Ula Disruptors: Alternating pulses of Green & Red. Secondary damage/vfx are tbd. Bonus Phaser damage & procs?
    Ideally useable in & out of QWW, but if we had to choose one or the other then outside QWW, as they would be neat!
    4073703.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2018
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @tomilak said:
    > Thanks for the ideas on how to handle corners. . . I CANT handle whats necessary to do turns, I have tried with and without the mouse, rolls, etc, iI just do not have what it takes to be able to handle whats necessary to win at the impossible race.

No fail way to do it. On race start if you have an npc opponent at all run off track disqualify and restart. Repeat until you start race with no opponent. Then you can just walk.

Really?!? You can do that? Get a race w/o an NPC opponent? I'll have to try that some time; it will come in handy if I can, since I have to run multiple races daily, for different projects, lol...
    4073703.jpg

• Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,798 Arc User
    sarvour0 wrote: »
    That is a fugly ship! Do Fek'Ihri have any association with winter, cold or snow? The obvious choice, besides Breen, is Andorian. Make an Andorian ship for Q's Winter Wonderland, which is not Christmas at all. Any similarities to Christmas is purely coincidental.

I don't find it fugly at all. I like the Heavy Metal Star Destroyah more than the Breen designs, ;)
    Also, as one who hates Winter Weather, Heavy Flamers & Flame-throwers have topped my 'Dear Santa' list since I was a teen!
    One of these years, can we please get a space queue for the winter event? Chasing and destroying comets to find Q's specially hidden Holiday Trinkets or something. The more Trinkets the team uncovers, the better the reward. You could even throw in a few Breen fleets to make it more interesting. Throw in some Winter Event themed weapons where cannons and turrets shoot ice shards and beams shoot water streams that freeze on contact. Add in a Starship to Fek'lhri Santa Ferengi Missle Launcher and some Holiday themed fun. A Fek'lhri Santa boss queue similar to the Crystaline Entity in style but have it move around a lot more or take the old Risa map and give us a bazooka looking rocket launcher to try and shoot him down as Fek'lhri Santa flies across the Risan sky so we can collect all of the loot. :D

I was gonna suggest some new Ground & Space Weapons via loot drops or event vendor:
    Mint J'Ula Disruptors: Similar to DSC Disruptors, but the coloration is Dark Green & White; instead of explosions on the enemies hit by it, a frosty effect and they get Cold DoT.
    Peppermint J'Ula Disruptors: Alternating pulses of Green & Red. Secondary damage/vfx are tbd.
    Ideally useable in & out of QWW, but if we had to choose one or the other then outside QWW, as they would be neat!

I'm down for Pepperment Disruptors and Candy Cane Phasers! :D Maybe some White Wintery Plasma's as well. Some diversity for the events would be appreciated.

Is the event broken or are they just making it more of a grind this year? I only got 40 event things for my first race. Usually, it's 400 for the first one and 4o for each day after.
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,274 Arc User
    Before you walk the race - Be aware that i tried that stunt one night for 30 min and always got an opponent to race against. DONE! Race Unfair for everyone due to the difficulty of some to do whats necessary to accomplish race.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,201 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    A winter vanity shield would've been nice.

I'm glad to see that they didn't replace the annoying winter event npcs.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
    I stream on Twitch, look for Avoozl_
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    I love winter/summer events. I checked out it today. It was a big MEH for me.

No new guns, no new FUN mini events, no new recipes, no new grind. Same old same. I used to be bored after probably 2 or 3 weeks into into it. Heck I just got bored in day 1.

Yeah, probably been here for a long while but tbh I just don't find it as entertaining as they used to be. Might be asking for too much but agree with some of the responses here and time to do something a bit different rather than relying in what others built in this game in the past.
    I don't think we are on maintenance mode yet but seeing 2018 summer and winter event with basically no change for a while certainly leaves a void. Please make it better next year. I will still grind the ship for the admiralty card but dissapointed in what this has become these days.
    Happy Winter Holidays!​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User

Is the event broken or are they just making it more of a grind this year? I only got 40 event things for my first race. Usually, it's 400 for the first one and 4o for each day after.

The only event that awards 400 vouchers is the Anniversary event. And that is after running the "featured" mission they release at the time of the event.

The summer and winter events have always been 25 day grinds. They do the 400 vouchers for the anniversary event because they only run it for 3 weeks, instead of the 6 weeks for summer/winter.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    sarvour0 wrote: »

Peppermint J'Ula Disruptors: Alternating pulses of Green & Red. Secondary damage/vfx are tbd.

I'm down for Pepperment Disruptors and Candy Cane Phasers! :D Maybe some White Wintery Plasma's as well. Some diversity for the events would be appreciated.

That's the Anniversary Event and only because it doesn't last as long. Winter and Summer events have always been a straight 40 with the option of buying vouchers with Lobi.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,798 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »

The only event that awards 400 vouchers is the Anniversary event. And that is after running the "featured" mission they release at the time of the event.

The summer and winter events have always been 25 day grinds. They do the 400 vouchers for the anniversary event because they only run it for 3 weeks, instead of the 6 weeks for summer/winter.

Ahhh. The Winter Event never seems like it drags on for me. Maybe that is how I mixed it up. :P 25 days goes fast.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Yeah.... no new snow weapons to use on snow enemies. That kinda blows.

Tardigrade sweater and the evil elf pet....thumbs up but not sure it makes up for lack of new snow weapons.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    leoanimaleoanima Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I'd like to request that the Kramp'Ihir dialogue box not auto-pop-up. I personally liked the winter event a lot more when there wasn't a pretentious NPC running around calling players "naughty children", not a positive experience, and really - I'd like an ignore button for both NPC's, but I'd settle for just not having the annoying pop-up. Heck I'd love Kramp'Ihri FREE instances - where I don't have to deal with developers trying to turn what was a lovely light hearted event into something derogatory.

Thanks much for the consideration. o7

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Yeah.... no new snow weapons to use on snow enemies. That kinda blows.

Tardigrade sweater and the evil elf pet....thumbs up but not sure it makes up for lack of new snow weapons.
    Hard to think of things they haven't done yet at this point. I guess they could re-theme things just to make new stuff.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,201 Arc User
    How about winter vanity shields for ships?
    I stream on Twitch, look for Avoozl_
  • Options
    voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    Doubt it since you can buy vouchers with Lobi.

Some people can. My account has never given me the option for the winter event - the only thing it offers to sell me for lobi is ornaments - the voucher-for-lobi item is simply absent.
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    leemwatson wrote: »
    And still no Christmas trees or decorations for our Fleet Holdings!? The poor ship ornament does not suffice!

Considering the problems getting the decorations on our Starbases to even work the last couple of years, maybe Cryptic has decided to end them. Either that, or this year's is broken.

Personally, I'd like to see the decorations change every few seconds from one year to the next to the next (when we're at our starbase.)
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Doubt it since you can buy vouchers with Lobi.

Some people can. My account has never given me the option for the winter event - the only thing it offers to sell me for lobi is ornaments - the voucher-for-lobi item is simply absent.

That..is a help ticket item.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    How about winter vanity shields for ships?

That's an excellent idea. Displaying snowflakes &/or icicles perhaps. Nevertheless, Winter & Summer event themed vanity shields would be a great addition.
  • Options
    voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    The "competitive" race is not much of a competition this year given that Jem'Hadar (exclusively) get a 25% speed boost that applies during the race for having consumed ketracel white.

Maybe Cryptic could consider disabling that in the winter zone?
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    DISABLE THOSE TRIBBLE TRIBBLE TRIBBLE POPUPS!!!!!!!
    It is an UNFAIR DISADVANTAGE when a Popup interrupts your race, making you slide out because your controls are locked out until the popup is resolved.
    THIS IS A PROBLEM, MASSIVELY SOURING AN OTHERWISE FUN EVENT. PLEASE FIX THIS.
    Thank You.
    4073703.jpg

• Options
    sto6659sto6659 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    > @voodoopokey said:
    > The "competitive" race is not much of a competition this year given that Jem'Hadar (exclusively) get a 25% speed boost that applies during the race for having consumed ketracel white.
    >
    > Maybe Cryptic could consider disabling that in the winter zone?

It never has been a real competition. There are too many boosts that work, we have been complaining about that forever and nothing happened. So either disable all or none.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Is it not possible to wear a knitted winter hat on a Jem'Hadar? I picked "Off Duty" and then selected "Head" in the body, but the drop-down only gives the options standard Jem'Hadar head or the Gamma Mercenary hat. Shouldn't the knitted hat be in that setting too or do i have to set it up differently?
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    sorry, double post
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,274 Arc User
    I am glad some of you are having fun with that race, I know alot of us who are sitting by watching the ship pass by with no chance of getting one.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    > @tomilak said:
    > I am glad some of you are having fun with that race, I know alot of us who are sitting by watching the ship pass by with no chance of getting one

Aww, that really triggered my compassion. Send me a PM with your ingame name. I will contact you ingame sometime this weekend, and i guarantee you that you will get the ship. It really isn't that hard if you know the correct path to cut corners and learn the technique to stop the drift. I will teach you both this weekend.
This discussion has been closed.