test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Q's Winter Wonderland!

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    But the Events Reputation missions were greyed out, as if there where no missions available, like the Exchange Winter Prize Vouchers for marks.

If it was working correctly, as it had for other characters of mine, the Gorn would have had the 40 marks.

Exchange Prize Vouchers project will not show in the list while in cooldown. It can be run once every 20 hours....IOW, one character can convert 40 tokens a day. This prevents players from stock piling on vouchers (on spare toons) and turning them in over and over when the project gets unlocked on the account.

If your Gorn is missing vouchers after the race, (edit....and it is not in the overflow bag) that is a bug.

If your Gorn is missing the project to turn in 40 race vouchers for Dilithium, and it has been 20 hours since last did the project, that is another bug.

You will probably have better luck posting about it in the bug report part of the forum, so it will be easier for the bug hunters to find.

Post edited by where2r1 on
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    My Gorn from the last Delta Recruit event ran the race for the 40 Winter Prize Vouchers, but for some reason the Reputation's Event Reputation is blanked out. I've activated the Winter store (with the ornament) before I logged off to switch to another character who had all my Winter Event ornaments.

There isn't a available/cooldown up for the Winter Event race. The reason I knew it was available was the 'Q' over the Race Coordinator's head. What happened?

When I go to the Event Rep tab, it usually does not show individual Projects until you click one of your active Projects, or click an open slot to view available Projects that may be slotted.
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
    Can we get dreadlocks with Christmas lights in them for WW?

I was just looking at my Engineer...she has them on her Snowman sweater...thought it would look cool if
    the lights continued into her hair, too.

What? It is FESTIVE!! LOL! And, you know, there are dudes on the internet sticking lights in their beards. It is a little weird for real life...but, hey! STO is a game.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited December 2018
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Can we get dreadlocks with Christmas lights in them for WW?

I was just looking at my Engineer...she has them on her Snowman sweater...thought it would look cool if
    the lights continued into her hair, too.

What? It is FESTIVE!! LOL! And, you know, there are dudes on the internet sticking lights in their beards. It is a little weird for real life...but, hey! STO is a game.

Festive Wigs & Beards? That shouldn't be too hard to implement, I think. So why not? Sure, I'll endorse this.

Also, I was thinking about the Winter Weapons. No Minigun-analogs? Well then, how does this sound:
    "Hail Storm" unleash a barrage of icy pellets. Damages Snowmen.
    "Fire Storm" blasting forth hot cinders. Damages Snowmen.
    "Choco-Volcano" shower your foes with scalding-hot chocolate syrup! Damages Snowmen. And makes them a tasty treat!
    Flames of Gre'thor Assault Minigun. Does Fire Damage in a manner in line with standard miniguns, and adds a DoT Fire Damage as the targets burn.
    Post edited by sarvour0 on
    4073703.jpg
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
    edited December 2018
    Hey, Didn't we used to wave at the Race Official when we checked in with him to start the race??? Because none of my characters are doing this, any more, when I interact with that button.

The program just goes directly to "rooted" then loads to the Starting Line. No wave animation.

Hey, Didn't we used to wave at the Race Official when we checked in with him to start the race??? Because none of my characters are doing this, any more, when I interact with that button.

The program just goes directly to "rooted" then loads to the Starting Line. No wave animation.

You're right! I guess it didn't cross my mind, since I am struggling to get alts thru to complete different projects, and squeeze in time for the other winter games.
    4073703.jpg

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    Next time you are in Q's Winter Wonderland, and you are with any group gathered around Q or the bank or one of the other NPCs, take note that every single humanoid inhales and exhales at the exact same time and pace. If I live in a universe like that, I would begin to question my reality. ;)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    sarvour0 wrote: »

You're right! I guess it didn't cross my mind, since I am struggling to get alts thru to complete different projects, and squeeze in time for the other winter games.

I think they realised that if two players were to wave at the exact same time one player would automatically fail. I found in previous years some players stood there on purpose to do such a thing. So doing away with the wave eliminated the trolls from purposely causing fails
    eazzie wrote: »
    I think they realised that if two players were to wave at the exact same time one player would automatically fail. I found in previous years some players stood there on purpose to do such a thing. So doing away with the wave eliminated the trolls from purposely causing fails

Removal of waving animation as an anti-troll device? So, I think this is over thinking it. I mean, they suddenly decided 5 years later....we are going to do something about it?

Animation is TRIBBLE up all over this game right now.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Next time you are in Q's Winter Wonderland, and you are with any group gathered around Q or the bank or one of the other NPCs, take note that every single humanoid inhales and exhales at the exact same time and pace. If I live in a universe like that, I would begin to question my reality. ;)
    Or in Champions where wing flapping animations are simultaneous...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    Hi I haven't played in a long time. I came back for the Fek'Ihri ship.

I want to say I'm disappointed with the new Winter Wonderland. I remember there used to be snow-men spawning all over that we could run around and pelt with snowballs. This year the mobs are gone, and everyone just runs to the timed events like clockwork. Most of the timed events suck.

I bought a snowball gun and I wasn't able to use it because I wasn't going to stand around waiting forever for the Kramp'Ihri event.

End this farcical depressive Winter Wonderland. Put the snowman mobs back so we can actually have fun.
    edited December 2018
    Snowball Fight! Just started in WW, right now.....just as I finished my Fastest Game on Ice race!!!

There is no one killing the snowmen...I had to kill them at the race finish line, myself. Well, there was one other person there. But Go into the game! If you want the snowball fight! Go! Go! Go! Quick before it is over. LOL!

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    Snowball Fight! Just started in WW, right now.....just as I finished my Fastest Game on Ice race!!!

There is no one killing the snowmen...I had to kill them at the race finish line, myself. Well, there was one other person there. But Go into the game! If you want the snowball fight! Go! Go! Go! Quick before it is over. LOL!

The snowmen should either keep spawning after the boss is killed until the timer runs out or the snowball fight timer should end when it is killed. The first few times I ran around looking for more snowmen until I realized that they have the boss set to spawn when most of the rest are dead so there is nothing left (and most of the time the whole thing is over with most of the timer left to go).
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User

I want to say I'm disappointed with the new Winter Wonderland. I remember there used to be snow-men spawning all over that we could run around and pelt with snowballs. This year the mobs are gone, and everyone just runs to the timed events like clockwork. Most of the timed events suck.

I bought a snowball gun and I wasn't able to use it because I wasn't going to stand around waiting forever for the Kramp'Ihri event.

End this farcical depressive Winter Wonderland. Put the snowman mobs back so we can actually have fun.

Snowball Fight is still there, and works like it always did. Snowmen spawn and respawn until you kill the required amount, then the Overlord spawns on the lake and the snowmen continue respawning until he is dead. The main difference is that it happens much less often than it once did, down from once every 30 minutes the first couple of years to once every 90 minutes these last couple of years.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIT3tb9P1Us

The "Snow" Ball Fight in the video does't even use real snow, but it's fun to watch people acting like idiots.
    https://msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/morning-joes-epic-snowball-fight-99388483995
    Post edited by zedbrightlander1 on
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • daderganonumbersdaderganonumbers Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    leoanima wrote: »
    I'd like to request that the Kramp'Ihir dialogue box not auto-pop-up. I personally liked the winter event a lot more when there wasn't a pretentious NPC running around calling players "naughty children", not a positive experience, and really - I'd like an ignore button for both NPC's, but I'd settle for just not having the annoying pop-up. Heck I'd love Kramp'Ihri FREE instances - where I don't have to deal with developers trying to turn what was a lovely light hearted event into something derogatory.

Thanks much for the consideration. o7

I agree, strongly. I might actually care about doing the Kramp'Ihri thing if it didn't DEMAND attention. I'm not talking about the beginning, when they're no more intrusive than the gingerbread colonists asking for help at the start of "Cones of Conduct." I mean the big dialogue box at the end that interrupts anything else you might be doing in the WW.

Say what you will about how annoying people think the epohh lady is; at least she doesn't pop up in your face with a message about the "magnificent" epohhs at the end of every competitive race, whether you ran the race or not.
    Yes, I agree...That pop up window at the end of that Krampus event is very disruptive...especially if running Fastest Game on Ice.

I only have 440 tokens after today's race....1000 is looking soooooo far off, it isn't even funny!!!

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I only have 440 tokens after today's race....1000 is looking soooooo far off, it isn't even funny!!!
    You're almost half done. :p 14 more races to go! :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    Yes, I agree...That pop up window at the end of that Krampus event is very disruptive...especially if running Fastest Game on Ice.

F key > Gone.

Not that I like it popping up for everyone in the instance, mind you, but getting rid of it isn't a big deal.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • daderganonumbersdaderganonumbers Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    ...or the escape key...or the square button on a PS-style controller. Dismissing it is easy; you're right. But it's still disruptive. If, for example, someone has just enough time to log in and do the daily before work or school or dinner with the in-laws or tonight's Enterprise rerun, and Kramp'Ihri happens to be up at that time, they have to wait until it finishes to make sure that dialogue box doesn't both kill their sprint and send them careening off the track. Your F key isn't a solution.

There should at least be Many of us, I'm sure, would appreciate a way to disable it the same as we can for auto-hail in sector space.
    Post edited by daderganonumbers on
    edited December 2018

The snowmen should either keep spawning after the boss is killed until the timer runs out or the snowball fight timer should end when it is killed. The first few times I ran around looking for more snowmen until I realized that they have the boss set to spawn when most of the rest are dead so there is nothing left (and most of the time the whole thing is over with most of the timer left to go).

On the occasions when I do participate in the Snowball Fight, as soon as our instance is clear I'll switch to another instance & repeat.
    The Overlord spawns when 100 Snowmen are killed. If the Overlord doesn't spawn by the 4 minute mark, all Snowmen in that instance despawn.
    The overlord has the ability to spawn reinforcements in his immediate vicinity, w/a CD (I guestimate 1 minute).

No. By having it 'timed' it is better for Racers (whichever Race they are in) to avoid the Snowmen, which was a MAJOR PROBLEM in past events, and many races were made wasted efforts by Snowmen attacking the racers, making them lose.
    It is also easier for 'teams' to form for the timed events as players often coordinate and group up on the same instance.
    This is a win-win, and going back to the more problematic iteration is not gonna happen.
    4073703.jpg

...or the escape key...or the square button on a PS-style controller. Dismissing it is easy; you're right. But it's still disruptive. If, for example, someone has just enough time to log in and do the daily before work or school or dinner with the in-laws or tonight's Enterprise rerun, and Kramp'Ihri happens to be up at that time, they have to wait until it finishes to make sure that dialogue box doesn't both kill their sprint and send them careening off the track. Your F key isn't a solution.

There should at least be Many of us, I'm sure, would appreciate a way to disable it the same as we can for auto-hail in sector space.

If you run by holding down both mouse buttons, it is a perfect solution. It doesn't break your sprint or anything. If you use the W key, then, yes, it's a bigger problem for you, I suppose.

I personally think that it should only pop up for those who participate, perhaps with an opt-in dialog like Tide of Ice, if only because it is misleading, telling you that you received rewards that you did not.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Considering STO added baseball uniforms for the Summer Event (which, I know was meant as a tie-in with DS9's/Gamma Quadrant expansion/Sisko's love of the game), I was hoping 25th Century hockey gear would be added for the Winter Event.

Oh well, maybe next year?
    the real question to ask is CAN the ketracel boost be disabled for the race without messing it up in the rest of the game. I don't know the answer to this. It seems like it could but it may be tied in to other things. while it likely may be an oversight I wouldn't guarantee that.

we could also look at it optimistically and consider that it's intentional and a reward for making a Jem character.

Heaven forbid STO for promoting DOPING. That would be a media nightmare...
    4073703.jpg

I broke the halfway mark this morning.... 560 Tokens acquired. It is all down hill from here. :)

So let me get this right, i may be wrong, but there is no Santa hat gear for head slot?

I too am wondering about this. The closest I could find was a Knit Cap, which isn't the same as a Santa-hat, and it appears to be tintable w/Tailor. But I thought there was a full Santa suit in game. Is there or isn't there? And where is it as I could not find it in the Winter Vendor.
    4073703.jpg

• fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    There is no FULL Santa costume in game, the best you can do is mix and match between robes etc that get close.
    Knitted cap is the closest your gonna get to a Santa hat. That I am aware of.
  • galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    For those of you who want a snow mob, there's a little valley to the right of the path to the gingerbread village. Normally, it's filled with about forty snowmen standing in rows.
    During the snowball fight however ALL of them animate. They will swarm over you.
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
    edited December 2018
    So WHEN are we gonna get the Klingon Fishing Gauntlets as Costume Unlocks? We wanna proudly display them 24/7!!!
    Truth time; Since we pay to get it with earned/RNG event currency, when we get the Basic/Improved/Advanced Fishing Gauntlet, it should automatically unlock for use in the Tailor.
    4073703.jpg

This discussion has been closed.