What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

good news Vor’cha-class fans

Comments

• Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Sadly It was a worthless poll anyway. The Dev who created it either didn't like/care about the result and has now ignored it entirely.
    It would still be a worthless poll regardless of which ship happened to come out after the poll. There's no science in such polls at all and they are just made for fun.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Well the Oberth and Nova are both science ships, perhaps they might make a science based pack with them and another science ship which didn't yet get a T6 such as the Olympic or the Luna.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Honestly with the Narendra i don't know why they didn't just add that skin as a fleet version of the Guardian and update it's stats slightly to reflect some of the powercreep we've had since DR.
    The Guardian and Ambassador are sooooo close in terms of what they are meant to do i see adding another similar ship in is a bit silly, despite it looking amazing.
    Would have been better to update the Ambassador skin, allow it to be used on the Guardian, and then add the Narendra skin as a fleet Guardian skin option probably with slightly different seating.

I quite like the Guardian's stats and it's a fairly decent workhorse ship to use, i fail to see exactly how different a T6 Ambassador can be from what we've already got.

However, i will say that the new model/skin looks gorgeous so that a least deserves lots of praise.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    questerius wrote: »
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    So...yeah for T6 vor'cha. And it is now offical that the romulan faction is dead.
    RIP Romulans. The Vor'cha will be nice I have to admit. At this point they just need to make Romulan ships playable by all factions like the Jem'Hadar ships are.

It would be awesome if the devs made this a giant FU and posted the addition of a Romulan variant tomorrow instead of the usual stats post.

Oh, the FU is on us alright. Started out so nice, didn't it?! Roms can fly Fed and Klink ships now! What they meant was, 'We have herewith officially retired Rom ships.'
    Retiring the practice of copypasting the same ships to 3 versions and selling them separately is a good thing. Just awaiting them to finish the job by removing the Fed/KDF restriction and we can maybe start getting some original ships again instead of all Feddy skinjobs.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    questerius wrote: »
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    So...yeah for T6 vor'cha. And it is now offical that the romulan faction is dead.
    RIP Romulans. The Vor'cha will be nice I have to admit. At this point they just need to make Romulan ships playable by all factions like the Jem'Hadar ships are.

It would be awesome if the devs made this a giant FU and posted the addition of a Romulan variant tomorrow instead of the usual stats post.

Oh, the FU is on us alright. Started out so nice, didn't it?! Roms can fly Fed and Klink ships now! What they meant was, 'We have herewith officially retired Rom ships.'
    Retiring the practice of copypasting the same ships to 3 versions and selling them separately is a good thing. Just awaiting them to finish the job by removing the Fed/KDF restriction and we can maybe start getting some original ships again instead of all Feddy skinjobs.

I see your point. And, as a Fed, I'd certainly buy several Klink ships, for sure.

I *do* miss Rom ships, though; you know, the kind with an actual Singularity core. Although such Rom ships are still reeling from the S13 power nerf (another FU to Roms). But if they remove ship rescrictions across everyone, indeed, that would pave the way for some nice hybrid variations. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    With this ACSDB providing cooperative designs, you may find some future Romulan releases to have Warp Cores rather than Singularities.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    jr20mb13jr20mb13 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Why on Earth would you assume that?

past precedence... colony world at max rep you can go to fleet and buy a T6 ship. requires 5 fleet mods and gobs of resources per toon (ship not account unlock). do you honestly think they will give you an account unlock for maxing it on one toon?

the dranuur ship is the only ship like this. these will be cstore 100%. once bought through cstore youll need 1 fleet ship module to get fleet versions, like every other cstore ship in the game, the dranuur ship is cross faction. these new ships are not.... why would you assume this would be their purchase set up?
  • Options
    doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    Well, whilst pleased that the Ambassador/Vor'Cha fans are very probably finally having their wish granted, I can't help but feel offended here. There was a poll last October:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/BorticusCryptic/status/921547628835323904

Or, if you don't want to click the link:
    T6 Vor'cha
    28%

T6 Nova
    31%

T6 Oberth
    13%

T6 Ambassador
    29%

I could say more - but I think I'd rather create a new thread instead.

Honestly in the rate they just dropped these two very nice Ship Packs, I'm just going to assume that the T6 Nova is right around the corner. I'm waiting for the ship myself and seeing the new and last ones coming out in a short interval gives me some hope that the Nova is coming soooooooon.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Still not convinced we'll see it soon though. They seem strangely adverse to doing anything with the Nova/Rhode Island.

The Nova is the Harry Kim of STO it will forever be an Ensign unless we enter a alternate future timeline

maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    'What is more disturbing than not having Romulan/Jem'Hadar Ships is the increase in costs for the Ships. A nine-pack is 12,000 Zen. Four of these two-packs will give 8 ships and will have a list price of 16,000 Zen for one less ship. They are also not Fleet grade so will require a FSM in addition to bring them up to equivalence.'

I don't understand this. A three ship pack costs 6000 zen. A two ship pack costs 4000. The zen per ship price of the packs is identical.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Stats are out: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10998903-support-cruisers-stats!

Commander Engineering|Temporal slot and Molecular Reconstruction abilities.
    Klingon ship has a Lt.Cmdr Tactical and Ensign Universal, l, Federation ship has a Lt.Cmdr Science and Ensign Tactical.
    Rest is Lt.Tactical and Lt.Cmdr Universal.

On the Klingon ship, that probably means the Lt.Cmdr Universal slot is basically a fake universal slot, since you are bound to want some science powers. Of course, the same is kinda true for the Fed ship, who would want to miss out on a Lt.Cmdr Tactical slot.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    bobs1111bobs1111 Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    Stats are out: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10998903-support-cruisers-stats!

Klingon ship has a Lt.Cmdr Tactical and Ensign Universal, l, Federation ship has a Lt.Cmdr Science and Ensign Tactical.

On the Klingon ship, that probably means the Lt.Cmdr Universal slot is basically a fake universal slot, since you are bound to want some science powers. Of course, the same is kinda true for the Fed ship, who would want to miss out on a Lt.Cmdr Tactical slot.

The fed layout is nice.. The Klink layout is terrible. I was excited to fly a vorcha again... and now I'm not. All well.
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    4000 zen regular price. The Recon Destroyers sold for 3200 on release.

Yeah I meant regular prices. The blog says that these will be 3200 on release too.

• Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Pretty terribad stats for the T6 Ambassador.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Me either, but I went to the trouble of creating a Twitter account solely to vote in that poll.
    Sadly It was a worthless poll anyway. The Dev who created it either didn't like/care about the result and has now ignored it entirely.

Edit: just read the stats. I'm a bit unhappy the Vor'ral is a 4/4. Nethertheless, stats are decent. Not as good as the Tor'kaht was in it's days though.
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    With this ACSDB providing cooperative designs, you may find some future Romulan releases to have Warp Cores rather than Singularities.
    You mean like the Suliban assault cruiser? which, well, it's Suliban, so it kinda makes sense, kinda.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    On the Klingon ship, that probably means the Lt.Cmdr Universal slot is basically a fake universal slot, since you are bound to want some science powers.

I can usually get by with just one, usually Hazard Emitters, which means you can run the Uni as Eng and be golden for most things. Swap it when needed, basically any time out-of-combat. I'd have it pre-trained for Hazard Emitters (Most TFOs), Polarize Hull (Hurq Battlezone), and Sci team (Hirogen or other SubNuc enemies). Going with Tac in the Lt. Comm. Uni, you'd probably want to grab Lockbox or mission reward Tac abilities to fill redundancies.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    The only reason anyone would consider any universal to be "fake" is if they aren't flexable. They have to be so rigid that they need everything uniform, and if given a choice, they automatically pick the "obvious" choice because "there is no other choice". Not if it fits their playstyle.

Me... I admit I would put in a Science, but that is because it fits my playstyle to have more than just an ensign Science alone. I'm more of a balance player than anything. I may not be a master of any one thing, but I can do many things pretty well. Someone else might decide to go Tank mode and do Engie, or someone might try and go uber tactical. That is their choice. And the fact of the matter is... WE HAVE THAT CHOICE TO MAKE.

There is no such thing as a "Fake Universal" to a skilled player.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    > @captainkoltar said:
    > ltminns wrote: »
    >
    > 'What is more disturbing than not having Romulan/Jem'Hadar Ships is the increase in costs for the Ships. A nine-pack is 12,000 Zen. Four of these two-packs will give 8 ships and will have a list price of 16,000 Zen for one less ship. They are also not Fleet grade so will require a FSM in addition to bring them up to equivalence.'
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I don't understand this. A three ship pack costs 6000 zen. A two ship pack costs 4000. The zen per ship price of the packs is identical.

With 9-packs you get a 3-pack for free. Sure when comparing 2-pack to a 3-pack the price for each is the same. But if we can get keep getting 2-packs the overall ship cost will rise comparatively.

There is a dilemma with four Factions now and these multi-packs of whatever type. If and when they start producing ships again for the Romulans and Jem'Hadar they will have to produce a 4-ship Cross-faction Bundle, probably for 8,000 Zen or if the they produce the Fleet grade 3 ship per Faction Bundle, it would have to be priced at 16,000 Zen to maintain the same cost per ship as the current 9-pack.

The efficiency of 9 or 12 Packs over 2 or 8 Packs is 1,333 to 2,000 per ship. That is what I meant.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    No surprise that the T6 Ambassador utterly curb stomps a T6 Galaxy. I am a little surprised that it pretty much destroys the stats on a T6 Sovereign though I shouldn't be surprised. Such a thing would be laughable in Star Trek canon but as we all know STO isn't canon.

Personally I think the Sovereign should have the Ambassador stats and the Galaxy should have the Sovereign stats while the Ambassador should have the Galaxy stats. But that's just me.

EDIT: At least the T6 Sovereign still has OSS to hold over the Ambassador's head. Pretty much the only thing about it that's better than the T6 Ambassador IMO.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    the stats do not mention if the Vor'Ral has the configurations or molecular beam. I suspect it's going to be too much a pig to use the dual cannons even with a turn tate of 10 over the 7 of the Narendra.
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    I am a little surprised that it pretty much destroys the stats on a T6 Sovereign though I shouldn't be surprised. Such a thing would be laughable in Star Trek canon but as we all know STO isn't canon.
    Nothing [T6] is canon. Why do you think any [T6] ship should be better than any other [T6] ship?
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Guess the Romulans won't be getting their version from the "Battle of Narendra III". They have to make it from scratch anyways as they wouldn't use other people's designs (legally). It looks like a smaller version of the D'deridex, which makes sense since the Ambassador is basically the predecessor of the Galaxy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsilA7nD_5c
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    redvenge wrote: »
    I am a little surprised that it pretty much destroys the stats on a T6 Sovereign though I shouldn't be surprised. Such a thing would be laughable in Star Trek canon but as we all know STO isn't canon.
    Nothing [T6] is canon. Why do you think any [T6] ship should be better than any other [T6] ship?

Details. T6 is only used in the context of the game. The idea of am Ambassador being undeniably better than a Soveriegn is laughable.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Yeah, I was under the assumption that the T5 versions are the canon ships unlike the T6's which seem to be future advancements over them.

• Options
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Yeah, I was under the assumption that the T5 versions are the canon ships unlike the T6's which seem to be future advancements over them.
    Technically none of them are canon. The Scimitar had 52 disruptors or something crazy so nothing in the game is "canon" in that way. I just meant in the way that a Sovereign shouldn't be clearly inferior to an Ambassador. I understand STO's system of trying to make things more or less "fair" or even at the same tier. Still it would be nice to have a little bit of actual fairness in the end and not have say an Ambassador be clearly better than both a Galaxy and Sovereign.
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Does it really matter? Unless you pvp (which to my knowledge is really broken). Or get upset because someone had higher DPS meter than another in PVE. I fly my T6 Galaxy and I couldn't give a toss if people think I am lesser for doing so.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Does it really matter? Unless you pvp (which to my knowledge is really broken). Or get upset because someone had higher DPS meter than another in PVE. I fly my T6 Galaxy and I couldn't give a toss if people think I am lesser for doing so.

My main fed flys his T-6 Galaxy full time so I wont be 1 to mock you. My U.S.S. Daedalus is a nasty TRIBBLE, depending on how its built just about any ship can be pretty effective. The new Ambassador/Vor'cha will prove to be very good ships given their stats. But as far as being out right better ships then another kinda goes moot since its all in our playstyle and builds. The scimitar was only 'best' for dps, and last i checked dps is only 1 part of the game and a small part at that.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    jtoney3448 wrote: »
    The scimitar was only 'best' for dps, and last i checked dps is only 1 part of the game and a small part at that.

But as far as some people are concerned... it is the ONLY thing that matters. Nothing else. If it has good stats but can't slot one specific BOff ability... then it is utter garbage not worth the effort to even try something new.

Luckilly not everyone is of that mindset. Just some rather vocal people. I don't diss on the DPS community as a whole however. I respect them. Its just the loud ones who dump on everyone else for not measuring up to their "percieved value" that I take issue with.

Any ship can work, and work well. You just gotta invest a bit of time and effort. Although I admit I've given up on the T6 D'Derpidex (My fleet's nickname for the D'Deridex). Flew one for a while... did alright in story missions... but was terrible in a Core Assault. And I'm not talking about the last little bit of PvP. I'm talking about trying to turn in the tube while fighting the NPCs. Weapons were fine... but turn rate sucked even for a beam build. And I had some turn rate buff stuff on her! Went back to my T6 Mogai.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.