test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

good news Vor’cha-class fans

Comments

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    "Support Cruiser" would suggest the "T6 Vor'cha" is in fact a T6 Kamarag.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

Vor'cha is the carrier right? so yeah it should be another battlecruiser... a T6 version of the Kamarag... which we have tons of already.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    nightken wrote: »
    I wouldn't get too excited, I'm getting the feeling that the t-6 vorcha isn't a t-6 vor'cha, it could be just my paranoia acting up, I hope it is, cause I'ld love the excuse to buy both.

"The Vor’ral is a successor to the venerable Vor’cha-class battle cruiser." Yeah it is your paranoia.​​

they say alot. and after dealing with the sto team for this long I'm pretty sure when it comes to kdf anything it's best to keep wary.

thats what I'm thinking. I hope I'm wrong but I have an very annoying habit of being right with things like this.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    I wouldn't get too excited, I'm getting the feeling that the t-6 vorcha isn't a t-6 vor'cha, it could be just my paranoia acting up, I hope it is, cause I'ld love the excuse to buy both.

"The Vor’ral is a successor to the venerable Vor’cha-class battle cruiser." Yeah it is your paranoia.

they say alot. and after dealing with the sto team for this long I'm pretty sure when it comes to kdf anything it's best to keep wary.

thats what I'm thinking. I hope I'm wrong but I have an very annoying habit of being right with things like this.

RealObviousAustraliancattledog-size_restricted.gif
    Careful the Emperor thought the same thing. Serious note: Why would they make a T6 version and call them Ambassador-class and Vor'cha successors on the blog, then turn around and say Opps nope we fooled you! Are people concerned about the bridge layout/equipment slots?​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    lighte007 wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Well, whilst pleased that the Ambassador/Vor'Cha fans are very probably finally having their wish granted, I can't help but feel offended here. There was a poll last October:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/BorticusCryptic/status/921547628835323904

Or, if you don't want to click the link:
    T6 Vor'cha
    28%

T6 Nova
    31%

T6 Oberth
    13%

T6 Ambassador
    29%

I could say more - but I think I'd rather create a new thread instead.

They could be saving the Nova class for S15.

Fun fact: just now i save the Rhode Island on board the voth city ship. :open_mouth:
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    T6 Vor'cha !, rubs eyes several times, pinches myself, nope ! not dreaming

https://youtu.be/TjcOJmoJwpk

maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    7drHiqr.gif
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    "The Vor’ral is a successor to the venerable Vor’cha-class battle cruiser." Yeah it is your paranoia.​​
    T6 Vor'cha, not T6 Tor'kaht. Might as well be a reskinned T6 Ambassador.
    Since the Vor’cha’s introduction into service in the 2360s, the design has seen distinguished service in dozens of conflicts, and several iterations have been deployed.

Let's see the stats first. If we get the Klingon sledgehammer and the Fed anvil Cryptic sold a ship pack to me. If it's two times the same ship I'll pass.

Vorcha_forward.jpg
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    So...yeah for T6 vor'cha. And it is now offical that the romulan faction is dead.
    RIP Romulans. The Vor'cha will be nice I have to admit. At this point they just need to make Romulan ships playable by all factions like the Jem'Hadar ships are.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    So...yeah for T6 vor'cha. And it is now offical that the romulan faction is dead.
    RIP Romulans. The Vor'cha will be nice I have to admit. At this point they just need to make Romulan ships playable by all factions like the Jem'Hadar ships are.

It would be awesome if the devs made this a giant FU and posted the addition of a Romulan variant tomorrow instead of the usual stats post.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User

"The Vor’ral is a successor to the venerable Vor’cha-class battle cruiser." Yeah it is your paranoia.

RealObviousAustraliancattledog-size_restricted.gif
    Careful the Emperor thought the same thing. Serious note: Why would they make a T6 version and call them Ambassador-class and Vor'cha successors on the blog, then turn around and say Opps nope we fooled you! Are people concerned about the bridge layout/equipment slots?​​

same reason why they regularly annoy to outright antagonize large sections of the fandom, and then blame the same section of the fandom for it. and yes, glad to see your keeping up. it gets to annoying to have to explain whats going.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    jim625 wrote: »

the vorcha looks a bit like a kaemareg/ma'ha cross more than it does a Vorcha.

The Ambassador upgrade is a guardian cruiser clone.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    jim625 wrote: »
    the vorcha looks a bit like a kaemareg/ma'ha cross more than it does a Vorcha.

The Ambassador upgrade is a guardian cruiser clone.
    I've heard a lot of people say they think the Kamarag looks like a prototype alpha-release version of the Vor'cha.

Ditto with the Ambassador. It's like a fore-runner of the Galaxy and later Guardian.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

It would be awesome if the devs made this a giant FU and posted the addition of a Romulan variant tomorrow instead of the usual stats post.

Oh, the FU is on us alright. Started out so nice, didn't it?! Roms can fly Fed and Klink ships now! What they meant was, 'We have herewith officially retired Rom ships.'
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Guys... the Narendra isn't a Cryptic original design. Its the Probert Ambassador concept given life.
    The Guardian draws inspiration from the Probert Ambassador as well... but the Narendra is straight up Probert Ambassador.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Guys... the Narendra isn't a Cryptic original design. Its the Probert Ambassador concept given life.
    The Guardian draws inspiration from the Probert Ambassador as well... but the Narendra is straight up Probert Ambassador.

With a little Cryptic flair from that modern hull material, but yes, it's just the Probert design.
  • Options
    vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    jexsamx wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »

With a little Cryptic flair from that modern hull material, but yes, it's just the Probert design.

And it looks super sexy at that. I really hope the stat blog reveals these ships to have something functionally special about them.

It would be neat if in addition to having Temporal seating, that they'd be full Temporal ships with Molecular Reconstruction. Not likely, but it would be a distinctive differentiator, and since the Ambassador only showed up once in an episode based on time travel shenanigans it would be a thematically sound choice.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    For crying out loud, these are C-Store Ships. If you buy them the Fleet version will only be 1 FSM. The T5 Colony Ship did NOT have a C-Store equivalent so like EVERY other T6 ship that does not have a C-Store ship or you did not buy it if there was one, there is NO discount, hence 5 FSMs. Just like T5 Fleet ships without were 4 FSMs.

They said that they would get back to doing Romulan and Jem'Hader ships after the hustle bustle of AoD and the Winter Event is behind them. Look for them in Bundles after the Anniversary.

As I said in the GNN Thread:

'What is more disturbing than not having Romulan/Jem'Hadar Ships is the increase in costs for the Ships. A nine-pack is 12,000 Zen. Four of these two-packs will give 8 ships and will have a list price of 16,000 Zen for one less ship. They are also not Fleet grade so will require a FSM in addition to bring them up to equivalence.'
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I am really hoping for a T6 Oberth but I fear that it will be last on the list.

I never found out about the twitter poll and I couldn't place my vote as a result. :(

I don't even use twitter.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    vampeiyre wrote: »

It would be neat if in addition to having Temporal seating, that they'd be full Temporal ships with Molecular Reconstruction. Not likely, but it would be a distinctive differentiator, and since the Ambassador only showed up once in an episode based on time travel shenanigans it would be a thematically sound choice.

They give a passing mention to a Temporal Trajectory Shifter technology....in the Vor'ral section of the article.

I expect both ships will have it. They have not gone into details of what it may be.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    Details will come with stats
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    The stats for the Amby, on the other hand...suck it, Feds!

So you have magic time travel abilites that let you see the stats before anyone else?
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Yeah, never get too excited until you see the stats. If it's based on the stats of the T5U Vor'Cha it won't be anything special sadly. Cryptic really needs to get rid of their self imposed rules on the T5-T6 upgrade path, it's to confining when it comes to what they can do at T6. Also remember, these are canon ships, and typically those always have the worst stats compared to Cryptic designed ships.

I will say this, anyone excited by the T6 Ambassador is nuts. The T6 Ambassador has been in the game since DR.. that picture is nothing but a picture of a Guardian. If you put that picture up without any label, 10/10 people say it's a Guardian. The T6 Ambassador will be a Guardian clone with worse stats.. woohoo!!
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I will say this, anyone excited by the T6 Ambassador is nuts. The T6 Ambassador has been in the game since DR.. that picture is nothing but a picture of a Guardian. If you put that picture up without any label, 10/10 people say it's a Guardian. The T6 Ambassador will be a Guardian clone with worse stats.. woohoo!!

Actually... that is a different ship from the Guardian. While the Guardian did draw inspiration from the Probert Ambassador concept, it is NOT the Probert Ambassador concept that the Narendra is.

Guardian:

Narendra:
    e95794f2f220e4d408264621cad938001536586319.jpg

Another distinguishing feature may very well be the ability to use the Ambassador model on the Narendra, as they are directly related to each other, unlike the indirect relation between the Ambassador and the Guardian.
    ambassador_class__probert_design__by_temp890-db2p6ui.jpg
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I see the very subtle differences, but to me.. those ships are almost identical.

Look, I am always for adding more to the game. I honestly want everyone to be able to fly what they like, so if people feel that these incredibly small changes makes it worth the purchase over the Guardian, then I am not one to stand in the way.

I really need to wait and see the stats, because if the ship lags behind the highly versatile Guardian, I have a hard time seeing how this 'new' look would be enough to make it desirable over the Guardian.

Still, people wanted it, and I am honestly happy that they got it. I hope it meets everyones expectations. I was never in the market for a T6 Ambassador, so honestly.. what I think is basically irrelevant anyway, I am not the demographic for this particular release.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    > @captainkoltar said:
    > Yes, it was done soley to annoy and offend you.

I don't constitute 31% of a vote

Um 28% + 29% = 57% so sorry, they pretty much did follow the Poll and the Probert Ambassador class is better known among most fans than the Nova.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
This discussion has been closed.