test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

good news Vor’cha-class fans

Comments

• redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    Still it would be nice to have a little bit of actual fairness in the end and not have say an Ambassador be clearly better than both a Galaxy and Sovereign.
    The Galaxy and the Sovereign ARE better than the Ambassador. The Narendra is better than all three. The Narendra is also not canon.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    jtoney3448 wrote: »
    The scimitar was only 'best' for dps, and last i checked dps is only 1 part of the game and a small part at that.

But as far as some people are concerned... it is the ONLY thing that matters. Nothing else. If it has good stats but can't slot one specific BOff ability... then it is utter garbage not worth the effort to even try something new.

Luckilly not everyone is of that mindset. Just some rather vocal people. I don't diss on the DPS community as a whole however. I respect them. Its just the loud ones who dump on everyone else for not measuring up to their "percieved value" that I take issue with.

Any ship can work, and work well. You just gotta invest a bit of time and effort. Although I admit I've given up on the T6 D'Derpidex (My fleet's nickname for the D'Deridex). Flew one for a while... did alright in story missions... but was terrible in a Core Assault. And I'm not talking about the last little bit of PvP. I'm talking about trying to turn in the tube while fighting the NPCs. Weapons were fine... but turn rate sucked even for a beam build. And I had some turn rate buff stuff on her! Went back to my T6 Mogai.
    It's funny because, in the end, you went back to the "DPS" ship.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    Kinda sorta.
    I liked her turn rate better. Used to have a Cannon build on her with Chronoplasma. Decided to swap for Isolytic Plasma Beams. I tried branching out, and have a few ships set up to fly in. But the T6 D'Deridex was just too much of a brick for me. If I had the resources my main had, along with some Competative engines... she'd turn on a dime. But I don't. So I do what I can with what I got. And what I got is a well rounded T6 Mogai with a beam build. Tried the Vet ship, but for some reason she felt flimsier than she does on my newer Sci Delta made in the most recent Delta Recruit event.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    The idea of am Ambassador being undeniably better than a Soveriegn is laughable.

It's also completely untrue.

The two ships excel in different areas. If you're looking for a more well rounded build using science abilities, then the Ambassador is a little better, but if you want power in combat the Intel Sovy kicks the stuffing out of the Ambassador.

The Sovy makes better use of Aux2Bat/Cold Hearted 'meta', has access to Intel and an additional tactical console. While it's not overwhelming by any means, calling the Ambassador 'undeniably better' is just flat out wrong. I have a character that flies the Sovereign and it's a monster.. I wouldn't touch the Ambassador.

It's all down to what the individual wants to do, for you maybe the Ambassador is better.. for me the Sovereign wins and it's not even close.

The Vor'Cha, I just.. hate. It's like the people that designed it don't even know what it is. Vor'Cha should be a battle cruiser, not a 'support cruiser' and it's stats are very.. meh. Overall, both these ships are highly unimpressive and I have no interest in either of them.

Some people are happy with them though, and that's great. They're just not for me.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    The two ships excel in different areas. If you're looking for a more well rounded build using science abilities, then the Ambassador is a little better, but if you want power in combat the Intel Sovy kicks the stuffing out of the Ambassador.
    The T6 Sovereign's have a universal Lt. Comm station that's basically a forced science station leaving both the Sovereigns and Ambassador with an Lt. Comm Science station. When it comes to science, the Ambassador isn't any better since isn't a science ship. You could run that Sovereign universal station as a tactical and not have hazard emitters or any other clears but that would be a pretty easily exploitable decision.

The Ambassador's universal station is obviously suited well for tactical leaving the obvious choices giving the Ambassador 6 tactical powers, 4 eng and 3 sci. The Sovereign is left with a mere 4 tactical 6 engineering (2 too many) and 3 science which become 2 science with the obvious choice of running OSS for one of your universal station powers. As I said in an earlier edit, the only thing that the Sovereign has, and admittedly it's a pretty big thing, is it's access to OSS. Since the Ambassador has the 2 extra tactical powers, it's pretty funny to think that the Sovereign has better combat power, outside of OSS that is. Damn, I love OSS.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The T6 Sovereign's have a universal Lt. Comm station that's basically a forced science station leaving both the Sovereigns and Ambassador with an Lt. Comm Science station. When it comes to science, the Ambassador isn't any better since isn't a science ship. You could run that Sovereign universal station as a tactical and not have hazard emitters or any other clears but that would be a pretty easily exploitable decision.

The Ambassador's universal station is obviously suited well for tactical leaving the obvious choices giving the Ambassador 6 tactical powers, 4 eng and 3 sci. The Sovereign is left with a mere 4 tactical 6 engineering (2 too many) and 3 science which become 2 science with the obvious choice of running OSS for one of your universal station powers. As I said in an earlier edit, the only thing that the Sovereign has, and admittedly it's a pretty big thing, is it's access to OSS. Since the Ambassador has the 2 extra tactical powers, it's pretty funny to think that the Sovereign has better combat power, outside of OSS that is. Damn, I love OSS.

Again, you're using your own standards and nothing else. 6 Engineering is 2 too many.. for you. It's perfect for what I am doing, 4 is too few for me. 4 Tactical is perfect for me in an Aux2Bat where doubling up wastes slots.. gives you Tac Team, kemocite, ATB and FAW3.. perfect. The Ambassador is better.. for you. For many, the Sovereign is superior. The downside of the Archon is that it's a one trick pony. It's an Aux2Bat beam boat and that's pretty much all it can do.. but it does that one thing very well, among the best in the game. The Ambassador is comfortably average across the board.

ruinthefun wrote: »
    Combat power is not simply a function of Tac powers, though, and the new Amby has too MANY. Having the Uni become a fake choice Tac seat results in ship that's simply too Tac-biased.

Someone gets it! :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    what would make that guardian clone more ambassador class? having right angled pylons instead of straight swooping up off the side of the engineering bay. if you are going for an upgrade to the class, at least make it look intentional.

as for the stats. it's just another engineering focused layout like so many other ships in the class and to make up for the lack in tactical abilty the devs decided on relying on a ship trait to get the dps up instead. a crutch instead of relying on the power of the ship design.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    what would make that guardian clone more ambassador class? having right angled pylons instead of straight swooping up off the side of the engineering bay. if you are going for an upgrade to the class, at least make it look intentional.

Its based on Probert's concept art for the Ambassador class, which had the swooping pylons.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User

Its based on Probert's concept art for the Ambassador class, which had the swooping pylons.

so? a few adjustments to the design before bringing it in would of at least made it look a little less like a guardian cruiser.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    The Guardian was ALSO based on the Probert Ambassador. This is just the Probert Ambassador brought to life itself.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    The only reason anyone would consider any universal to be "fake" is if they aren't flexable. They have to be so rigid that they need everything uniform, and if given a choice, they automatically pick the "obvious" choice because "there is no other choice". Not if it fits their playstyle.

Me... I admit I would put in a Science, but that is because it fits my playstyle to have more than just an ensign Science alone. I'm more of a balance player than anything. I may not be a master of any one thing, but I can do many things pretty well. Someone else might decide to go Tank mode and do Engie, or someone might try and go uber tactical. That is their choice. And the fact of the matter is... WE HAVE THAT CHOICE TO MAKE.

There is no such thing as a "Fake Universal" to a skilled player.
    One build I used for the T5 Mogai long ago actually had only one sci skill and worked rather well.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    Since the Ambassador has the 2 extra tactical powers, it's pretty funny to think that the Sovereign has better combat power, outside of OSS that is. Damn, I love OSS.
    Combat power is not simply a function of Tac powers, though, and the new Amby has too MANY. Having the Uni become a fake choice Tac seat results in ship that's simply too Tac-biased.

Yeah, not too fond of the seating either. That kinda forced ltc. tac is kinda problematic imho. It's not terrible but if you go beams only there's no point to a few slots there. Though it becomes more useable if you mix in a torp or two.

Like the Vor’ral though, nothing spectecular like the Kurak but decent. Haven't flown a Vor'Kang' in a few years so that might change now.
  • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User

T6 Sovereign has access to Battle Cloak if you sacrifice to the console gods, you can use Surgical Strikes to trigger Energy Web trait, it has a better BOFF layout for using A2B to trigger Cold-Hearted trait, and you can potentially trigger Photonic Diversion and/or Black Alert traits depending on how you set the Intelligence station up.

So, the T6 Sov is waaaaaaay better as a PVP platform, generically speaking, and quite frankly PVE is so easy it doesn't even matter what ship you use. Anything you want to use is strong enough to do any content that exists. Min-maxing is beyond unnecessary for PVE in this game.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Lets not forget the sov also comes in more variations then the galaxy and the ambassador. It has intel or command seating.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    jtoney3448 wrote: »
    Lets not forget the sov also comes in more variations then the galaxy and the ambassador. It has intel or command seating.

Yeah, the command version isn't exactly something I'd bring up on the pro side of the list. Command is pretty hit & miss with build types, the in-game version is very expensive to get and the real "event-version" is BS to the (second)highest degree.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I am just glad that I finally have a Tier 6 Vor'Cha. I know the turn rate worked well for me in the past, and the layout looks good. And I think the old Vor'Cha and its Refit variants look pretty well even by today's standard, so I am really excited for the kitbashing opportunities.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    I am just glad that I finally have a Tier 6 Vor'Cha. I know the turn rate worked well for me in the past, and the layout looks good. And I think the old Vor'Cha and its Refit variants look pretty well even by today's standard, so I am really excited for the kitbashing opportunities.

I don't even roll Klingon and I'm incredibly happy that Klinks finally have the T6 Vor'Cha they've been asking for, with IMO a great BOFF & console set-up.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Why would you expect it to be anything but 4/4?!? Would a 4/3 have made it any better? Because a 5/x would have been an unreasonable expectation.

Unreasonable ? The Tor'kaht is unparalled in drifting around targets while always pointing towards it. The perfect ship for cannons/DBB's. 4/4 makes no sense on a ship with that handling !

The other design choices are good. One more sci console, upgrade of the universal Lt. to Lt. Cmdr. and finally a strong spec.
    A good ship that isn't nearly half as radical as the Tor'kaht was on it's release day. In other words: boring and no reason to return to STO.
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
    Ok... so we now have an answer as to why the T6 Vor'cha was bundled with the Ambassador.
    Vor'cha is one of the more requested KDF ships.

Was mentioned in today's livestream. While the Kamarag would make sense, they picked the Vor'cha as people want the Vor'cha. They did say they may make a T6 Kamarag at some point, however.

Also... T6 Vor'cha has full access to Torkhat and Vor'kang parts as well. It actually has MORE customization options than the Narendra/Ambassador.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Also there is rampant speculation that the Kamarag is a baby Vor'cha anyways.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    not so much 'baby' as 'stepping stone' - the in-universe lore for the kamarag mentioned it was a precursor to the vor'cha​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Ok... so we now have an answer as to why the T6 Vor'cha was bundled with the Ambassador.
    Vor'cha is one of the more requested KDF ships.

Was mentioned in today's livestream. While the Kamarag would make sense, they picked the Vor'cha as people want the Vor'cha. They did say they may make a T6 Kamarag at some point, however.

Also... T6 Vor'cha has full access to Torkhat and Vor'kang parts as well. It actually has MORE customization options than the Narendra/Ambassador.

I was one of those guys over the years clamoring for T6 Vor'Cha. When this ship goes live, all the main Klingon warships from TOS thru TNG / DS9 will be represented in Tier 6.

Negh'Var was the first, even got the extra canon parts to be more accurately represented.
    The B'rel made it.
    The D7 / K'T'Inga made it but in the very pricey Promo Pack version. Still, it got into T6.

Vor'Cha was the last one that needed to cross the line. I'm even satisfied with the model / skin of the modern ship.
    XzRTofz.gif
    Um... I think we're one short actually. Is the Somraw Raptor T6? I believe the Somraw is the class from Enterprise...
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    the stats do not mention if the Vor'Ral has the configurations or molecular beam. I suspect it's going to be too much a pig to use the dual cannons even with a turn tate of 10 over the 7 of the Narendra.

Man, have people completely forgotten the Tier 5 play experience? Or are just so many new players here?

The Vor'Cha with a turn rate of 10 was always a viable dual cannon user. The difference between 7 and 10 is extreme, especially with all the turn rate buffs you get just from equipment you use anyway, or skills you picked anyway.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
This discussion has been closed.