What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

good news Vor’cha-class fans

1235»

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    the stats do not mention if the Vor'Ral has the configurations or molecular beam. I suspect it's going to be too much a pig to use the dual cannons even with a turn tate of 10 over the 7 of the Narendra.

Man, have people completely forgotten the Tier 5 play experience? Or are just so many new players here?

The Vor'Cha with a turn rate of 10 was always a viable dual cannon user. The difference between 7 and 10 is extreme, especially with all the turn rate buffs you get just from equipment you use anyway, or skills you picked anyway.

Indeed, a 10 Turn Rate is more then fine for Cannons.

Currently, my best ships using Cannons are my Vengeance (Turn: 7), my Operations Scimitar (Turn: 7) and my Aribter (Turn: 9)

Honestly, it took me a lot of practice.. I wouldn't use Cannons or DBB's for a very long time because to be honest.. I just didn't know how to fly that type of ship. I have since forced myself to learn to use them and have found that even on ships with lower turn rates you can still reliably keep cannons on target, especially if you're using Scatter Volley which has a 90' arc instead of 45.

It's just a matter of cutting your impulse right before you reach the enemy so you don't zoom past and learning to control throttle and use reverse. The T6 Vor'cha will have absolutely no problem running Cannons. Since it can only use rank 2 of Scatter Volley or Rapid Fire however, it would probably be a good idea to make sure you add some accuracy to compensate for the lower rank ability. Other then that.. I don't see any issue here, it's 1pt better then the Arbiter which easily keeps cannons on target.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    vampeiyre wrote: »
    T6 Sovereign has access to Battle Cloak if you sacrifice to the console gods, you can use Surgical Strikes to trigger Energy Web trait
    You need Cdr Intel to even consider using Surgical Spikes. The Sovy only has LtC Intel, and Surgical Spikes 1 parses worse than going AFK. You know how sometimes we say "it's better than nothing" as a means of justifying the existence of something? You can't even say that here.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Ignoring that, Energy Web trait, as mentioned, is where the damage and root comes from that makes SS1 worthwhile, especially in a PVP setting. Plenty o' insta-gibs can be had that way. Look into spelling Surgical Strikes properly (not Spikes). Otherwise, I can't even consider you a proper troll if you're going to put so little effort into it.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    T6 Sovereign has access to Battle Cloak if you sacrifice to the console gods, you can use Surgical Strikes to trigger Energy Web trait
    You need Cdr Intel to even consider using Surgical Spikes. The Sovy only has LtC Intel, and Surgical Spikes 1 parses worse than going AFK. You know how sometimes we say "it's better than nothing" as a means of justifying the existence of something? You can't even say that here.

Ignoring that, Energy Web trait, as mentioned, is where the damage and root comes from that makes SS1 worthwhile, especially in a PVP setting. Plenty o' insta-gibs can be had that way. Look into spelling Surgical Strikes properly (not Spikes). Otherwise, I can't even consider you a proper troll if you're going to put so little effort into it.

There, there. You are obviously not familiar with ruin-speak. :) He calls Argala 'Angola', the Admiralty System 'ASScards', and Surgical Strikes, apparently, Surgical Spikes, etc. No need to get nasty about it: it's just one person's (rather benign) sense of humor.

And I so happen to agree with him here, too: Surgical Spikes 1 actually *does* suck. Even SS3 (pre FAW nerf) had a hard time keeping up with FAW3 (courtesy of Bort, way earlier). Now I don't PvP, in wich I reckon Alpha spikes (*g*) are more important, but as a PvE ability (where you're typically looking for more sustained dmg over time), SS1 is, IMHO, a rather sub-par ability.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2018

It is assumed in this game that any talk is PVE not PVP unless specified otherwise. While you may be right from a PvP perspective (I honestly have no idea) his comment was about using SS1 in PVE and he's right. It wasn't a trolling comment, the ability has been 'balanced' (nerfed) to the point of being worse then useless. Same is true of FAW1, you're better off just using nothing because all you do is fire blindly and never hit anything.

He wasn't trolling.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User

It is assumed in this game that any talk is PVE not PVP unless specified otherwise. While you may be right from a PvP perspective (I honestly have no idea) his comment was about using SS1 in PVE and he's right. It wasn't a trolling comment, the ability has been 'balanced' (nerfed) to the point of being worse then useless. Same is true of FAW1, you're better off just using nothing because all you do is fire blindly and never hit anything.

He wasn't trolling.

Sad but true. It was fun while it lasted but soon after the second spec (command) was released they nerfed the sh*t out of intel powers.
    Normally I'd say we'd need a balance pass but we all know how this would turn out. :/
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    So, the T6 Sov is waaaaaaay better as a PVP platform, generically speaking
    In my experience, A2B beamboats are terrible for PVP for a number of reasons. I've thought about it though and @seaofsorrows is right and I'm looking at it too much from my own preferences and perspective. To try and explain my "gripe" at this point would dive too much into head-canon.
    PVE is so easy it doesn't even matter what ship you use. Anything you want to use is strong enough to do any content that exists. Min-maxing is beyond unnecessary for PVE in this game.
    I not a proponent of min-maxing. Never have been. Never will be. I just do theme builds like most players. Granted they approach the 80k mark but that's nothing compared to actual number crunching min-max dps players.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    wasn't today the day for the new cruisers to be released? the launcher says coming soon..
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    wasn't today the day for the new cruisers to be released? the launcher says coming soon..

The launcher will also show you sales and events that expired days ago. It doesn't dynamically update with the content, and only pushes things off the rotater once it has more than five entries.

The cruisers came out today, once the servers were finally up. I grabbed them and took the Vor'ral through Breach and leveled Mastery in Argala. Nice ship. It's been a while since I've circle-strafed enemies in game, though that was with Dual Beam Banks. I'll need to re-gear the character for cannons eventually, though it shouldn't be too much more effort to line Dual Cannons up in slide.
  • Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    I'm hoping to see screenshots soon of people posting kitbashes of the Vor'cha, Vor'Kang, Tor'Kaht, and Vor'Ral for ship appearances. I remember seeing recently someone doing a Tor'Kang or Tor'cha combination that looked pretty interesting.
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    Mine is Vor’ral, with a Vor’Kang neck and mission pod... looks pretty sweet to me.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
This discussion has been closed.