Install Arc
Options

When do we get DISCOVERY ships?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Ugh...not to my tastes....especially the creepy coffin issue.
    Hopefully, they don't follow the TV show to a T.

Listened to the Priority One Podcast this morning...the Exec Producer mentioned the Discovery stuff will not be ready for a long while. We got other stuff incoming before that... DS9 stuff and Gamma Quad, for example.

I have to look for the link....
    http://priorityonepodcast.com/po347/
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @criticalthinker said:
    > tunicate515#4416 wrote: »
    >
    > dracounguis wrote: »
    >
    > If I had it my way, never. Discovery is an abomination.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That's one of the main reasons I want one! So the people who hate it will get mad when we queue together >=D
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Thats why I wanted a consol on my Konnie to be a lens flare generator to trigger the more puritanical of fans.
    >
    >
    >
    > Discovery is bad though.

Except that it isn't.
    It is, for several legitimate reasons which have been discussed to death countles times. That you like it, doesn't make it good. That I (and others) dislike it, doesn't make it bad. That there are numerous issues with, and surrounding, the production (which Discovery fanatics refuse to acknowledge, as if said refusal to acknowledge invalidates the criticism) they make it bad.

If you enjoy it, awesome :sunglasses:

"I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • Options
    silverlobes#2676 silverlobes Member Posts: 1,953 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @silverlobes#2676 said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > > @criticalthinker said:
    > > tunicate515#4416 wrote: »
    > >
    > > dracounguis wrote: »
    > >
    > > If I had it my way, never. Discovery is an abomination.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > That's one of the main reasons I want one! So the people who hate it will get mad when we queue together >=D
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Thats why I wanted a consol on my Konnie to be a lens flare generator to trigger the more puritanical of fans.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Discovery is bad though.
    >
    > Except that it isn't.
    >
    >
    >
    > It is, for several legitimate reasons which have been discussed to death countles times. That you like it, doesn't make it good. That I (and others) dislike it, doesn't make it bad. That there are numerous issues with, and surrounding, the production (which Discovery fanatics refuse to acknowledge, as if said refusal to acknowledge invalidates the criticism) they make it bad.
    >
    > If you enjoy it, awesome :sunglasses:

Those so called issues do not actually exist. The franchise owners say its Prime, therefore it is Prime no matter what anyone thinks about its look or anything else, thats just one example. That some fanatical haters think there are issues does not make those issues real and never will. You want to hate it you go ahead and enjoy yourself.
    The issues absolutely do exist, regardless of if it is Prime or not. There are many issues which have been raised about Discovery, which show flaws in it 'as a work of entertainment'. Denying those issues, doesn't make them disappear.

And I absolutely will enjoy myself, just as I'll enjoy the content when it's added to the game (just not the Crossfield Class, because I don't like it)
    "I fight for the Users!" - Tron

"I was here before you, I will be here after you are gone. I am here, regardless of your acknowledgement or acceptance..." - The Truth
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Oi. I've already said that this thread is not about discussing the merits of the show. You want to hate on/praise on the show, there are threads in Ten Forward for that. Apparently, we can't keep on topic so...

fAKPYlv.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.