test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[StarGate Origins] | Season One |

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    That's ok. While the show wasn't the best, it had some interesting concepts.
    Also... I borrowed the Tlak'khan for a fanfiction crossover, and tried to integrate them into the SG-1 universe. I'm almost finished with the writing after stalling out for a while. Combination of Writer's Block and Real Life.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    FIRST LOOK - TEASER | STARGATE: Origins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLctS-RWNuY

Looks like something that could go on for a bit for a series, everyone seems quite happy behind the camera with the production crew and the actors. Now it needs to be a hit without demolishing what little canon there is on the events in 1945 or invalidating the values and attire for the period from American history primarily and 1928 Egypt including the styles of what was traditional and any hold overs from the Ottomans from nearby countries and British influences.

Be interesting to find out what the storylines will be like and wonder if there was an alien invasion years earlier? Perhaps all this Area 51 stuff ties into those myths around the Roswell incident?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @garaks31 said:
    > HEWLOGRAM - sci-fi comedy short starring David Hewlett

Seriously they have to make that a series.
  • Options
    Anything more than hype so far, like a release date for the first episode?
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User

According to this old article, it will be a digital only format, have 10 episodes for the first season, and each episode is 10 minutes long. So 100 minutes in total or less if the 10 minutes per episode include opening and ending credits. If it is only 100 minutes or less for the first season, then my concern of Stargate exploration is removed to make the show more exciting. The most we should get with Stargate exploration is one or two trips through the Stargate at the most instead of a new world each episode.
  • Options
    starkaos wrote: »

According to this old article, it will be a digital only format, have 10 episodes for the first season, and each episode is 10 minutes long. So 100 minutes in total or less if the 10 minutes per episode include opening and ending credits. If it is only 100 minutes or less for the first season, then my concern of Stargate exploration is removed to make the show more exciting. The most we should get with Stargate exploration is one or two trips through the Stargate at the most instead of a new world each episode.

The thing about it though is that this is Pre-movie, back when they were still actively studying it if I remember correctly. It wasn't until SG-1 that we learned that the stargate was opened at least once before that first mission to Abydos. But back then they still didn't know how the gate really worked so... anyone sent through would never return. Like Ernest Littlefield before he was found by SG-1 decades later. And we know for a fact that Cathrine Langford was around in not only the movie, but in SG-1 as well. And if this web series has her as a main character, I don't see her going through the gate.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    lordrezeonlordrezeon Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    I wouldn't be surprised if the entire story was about them simply securing the gate from Egypt with some of the post-war drama that followed the end of WWII and the birth of the Cold War. I'm honestly skeptical that they would do any off world adventuring or spend much time with nerdy gate analysis stuff.
  • Options
    lordrezeon wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if the entire story was about them simply securing the gate from Egypt with some of the post-war drama that followed the end of WWII and the birth of the Cold War. I'm honestly skeptical that they would do any off world adventuring or spend much time with nerdy gate analysis stuff.

First season will likely deal with securing the gate. If there are future seasons, then it will likely deal with setting up the Stargate for the first failed trip involving Catherine Langford's fiance.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @lordrezeon said:
    > I wouldn't be surprised if the entire story was about them simply securing the gate from Egypt with some of the post-war drama that followed the end of WWII and the birth of the Cold War. I'm honestly skeptical that they would do any off world adventuring or spend much time with nerdy gate analysis stuff.

If it wasn't a reboot that would but into B'aal trying to steal the gate from the ship carrying it to America (Stargate Continuum).
    Or maybe explain how it got on the ship? :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    lordrezeon wrote: »

The gate was dug up in 1928 and this series is based on events 10 years later, so it is during ww2. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a German theme episode with those gray uniforms, ss logos and swastika emblem armbands once again as they attempt to gain control of the Stargate.
  • Options
    Easy way to beat them.

Indiana-Jones-1024x577.jpg
    Call this guy.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User

561238a7df2234da8de51084fe60cf82--stargate-sg--stargate-atlantis.jpg

Funny enough, yesterday I've read a report on a new sci-fi movie Annihilation, and the first thing it mentioned is you recognise it's sci-fi by it following a biologist with a gun. So it immediatly lead me to thinking how absurd the idea of an archaeologist with a gun is...
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    toiva wrote: »

Funny enough, yesterday I've read a report on a new sci-fi movie Annihilation, and the first thing it mentioned is you recognise it's sci-fi by it following a biologist with a gun. So it immediatly lead me to thinking how absurd the idea of an archaeologist with a gun is...

All depends on where the scientist is doing their research. Scientists can't always rely on bodyguards to protect them from dangerous situations like the local wildlife or natives enraged by an outsider violating their religious or historical monument.
  • Options
    starkaos wrote: »
    toiva wrote: »

All depends on where the scientist is doing their research. Scientists can't always rely on bodyguards to protect them from dangerous situations like the local wildlife or natives enraged by an outsider violating their religious or historical monument.

"Daniel Jackson" is very much unlikely to violate native religious traditions. And if so, is quite likely to talk his way out of it (unless someone else swings their weapons in the meantime...).

@azrael605 Shanks was in Smallville? Oh my, that Vancouver filming scene is really so small.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.

• Options
    Well, Smallville never was my cup of tea, not into all that superhero and comic book stuff (even less if it's basicaly just following pretty young people).
    But Andromeda is still on my list to see (not because of Dr. Caroline Lam/Lexa Doig/Andromeda herself, but rather Hercules himself/Kevin Sorbo).

• Options
    There was also the Maneuver: Last Act of Freakin' Defiance
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited December 2017
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    i like the trailer. maybe seth will be the secret boss of the nzs. there is definitely a gate activation. so either incoming travel and\or, somewhere there will be a neuralizer theme

yBzpnr4.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    huh, what do you know! An earlier prediction about the Germans panned out according to the trailer anyway. We will see if that trailer isn't misleading when it launches.