What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[STAR TREK DiSCOVERY] | SEASON TWO |

Comments

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    I'm not sold on the Iconian idea yet. Right now, my 600 quatloos are on some future person who is making use of the mycelial network to tamper with history. There is a reason the "Red Angel" rescued that church filled with people from WWIII.

I'm not convinced that angel was there to save those people, and that dark matter asteroid is another sticking point, that also hasn't been explained out. It is clear the angel and the asteroids are connected in someway and there is some connection with mycelium, but so far i'm not sold on its intentions at this point as there has been a lot of devastation and death following.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    Really enjoyed the latest episode. This season they’re firing on all cylinders.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Okay, I want that Section 31 ship in the game.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Never thought i'd see the day powerful klingons who are used to blood sports and war would ever act surprised and appear to be disgusted to see a fake babies head on display.

I can't see how L'Rell will be able to keep the empire in line when it comes to a real crunch after taking the steps the mirror Georgiou has her going through. It seems L'Rell will need to build a powerbase of her own if she is to survive.

It is interesting that section 31 has always existed, but typically the only interactions seen on previous series is limited to one main contact operative and on DS9 a few extra minor operatives. This is the first time we see Section 31 with actual starships. Still i can't believe the mirror Georgiou has the Federations best interests at heart after 50 years in service to the Terran empire.

Shazad after removing the beard and hair looks completely different, you could almost accuse the guys running discovery of putting a different actor in his place! I doubt even Michael would recognise Ash/Voq if he beamed on to Discovery.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    It is interesting that section 31 has always existed, but typically the only interactions seen on previous series is limited to one main contact operative and on DS9 a few extra minor operatives. This is the first time we see Section 31 with actual starships. Still i can't believe the mirror Georgiou has the Federations best interests at heart after 50 years in service to the Terran empire.

It could have been argued before Discovery that Section 31 was just the creation of a rogue Starfleet Intelligence officer in DS9 due to Section 31 only makes an appearance in DS9 and Into Darkness, but that is no longer possible.
  • Options
    starkaos wrote: »

It could have been argued before Discovery that Section 31 was just the creation of a rogue Starfleet Intelligence officer in DS9 due to Section 31 only makes an appearance in DS9 and Into Darkness, but that is no longer possible.

Except not, as Section 31 was featured on Star Trek: Enterprise and actually predates the United Federation of Planets. Malcolm Reed was an on-again/off-again operative.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
  • Options

Except not, as Section 31 was featured on Star Trek: Enterprise and actually predates the United Federation of Planets. Malcolm Reed was an on-again/off-again operative.

It was never mentioned that the group Malcolm Reed worked for was Section 31. It could have been the clandestine organization that became Section 31 or it was just another person that used that specific section in the Starfleet Charter to justify their actions. All that was mentioned was Starfleet Charter, Article 14, Section 31.

Another possibility is that Section 31 has never existed. It could be just a fictional organization that Starfleet Intelligence uses when they need to do something extremely shady. So if anyone is caught, then they can just blame the culprits as members of a rogue Starfleet organization instead of being an authorized Starfleet Intelligence operation.
  • Options

It was never mentioned that the group Malcolm Reed worked for was Section 31. It could have been the clandestine organization that became Section 31 or it was just another person that used that specific section in the Starfleet Charter to justify their actions. All that was mentioned was Starfleet Charter, Article 14, Section 31.

Another possibility is that Section 31 has never existed. It could be just a fictional organization that Starfleet Intelligence uses when they need to do something extremely shady. So if anyone is caught, then they can just blame the culprits as members of a rogue Starfleet organization instead of being an authorized Starfleet Intelligence operation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn5RCftFB8w

This is Harris, the man who recruited Reed into his organization. This same guy explicitly states that Article 14, Section 31 of the Starfleet Charter allows for "extraordinary measures" to be taken in certain situations.

So, yes, Reed was indeed a member of Section 31.

Things I want in STO:

• Options

This is Harris, the man who recruited Reed into his organization. This same guy explicitly states that Article 14, Section 31 of the Starfleet Charter allows for "extraordinary measures" to be taken in certain situations.

And I just mentioned it in the post that you just quoted. Saying Starfleet Charter, Article 14, Section 31 doesn't mean that Harris' organization is Section 31. It is just his justification for whatever organization he belongs to. It is only implied that Harris' organization is Section 31. Where did Malcom or Harris ever say in Enterprise that they belonged to Section 31? It was always some nameless organization. Saying Welcome to Section 31 in Discovery means that there is an organization called Section 31 in the 2250s not 100 years ago.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Where was section 31 during the Klingon war? One Georgiou with holographic Klingon mask, attack drones, a jelly gun and a pot of bugged facepaint could have won the entire war on her own. S31 can - apparently - fly all the way to Q'onos and back - completely undetected. Another ability that could have proven to be rather useful during the war. And Stamets sucks a ghost mushroom tumor out of Tilly, using a proton pack, I mean, vacuum cleaner, and traps it in a forcefield.. Are we really still talking about Star Trek here?

However, not everything was bad. Tilly was amazing in this episode. This character could have so much potential of only they stopped using her as a comic relief sidekick. Amanda too was amazing in this episode. A stellar performance by both actresses.
  • Options

And I just mentioned it in the post that you just quoted. Saying Starfleet Charter, Article 14, Section 31 doesn't mean that Harris' organization is Section 31. It is just his justification for whatever organization he belongs to. It is only implied that Harris' organization is Section 31. Where did Malcom or Harris ever say in Enterprise that they belonged to Section 31? It was always some nameless organization. Saying Welcome to Section 31 in Discovery means that there is an organization called Section 31 in the 2250s not 100 years ago.

And yet, you are the only one who is seeming to believe that Section 31 was not in Archer's time. Every source I can find agrees that Article 14, Section 31 is what gave birth to Section 31 and that it was in operation as far back as the founding of Starfleet,

You are the only one who seems to think otherwise.

Yeah, Section31 is not from Article 14, Section 31 despite the name being a direct copy, despite the Article and Section spelling out what Section 31 seems to do, and that Word of God (Enterprise production team, in this case) confirmed in the Audio Commentary for the Enterprise episode "Terra Prime" that while the Harris's organization is not explicitly stated in dialogue as being Section 31, it is, in fact, Section 31.

So, now we have the production staff even saying that Harris and Malcolm Reed were part of Section 31.

That's about as concrete as you can get in terms of evidence.

Things I want in STO:

• Options
    edited February 2019

And yet, you are the only one who is seeming to believe that Section 31 was not in Archer's time. Every source I can find agrees that Article 14, Section 31 is what gave birth to Section 31 and that it was in operation as far back as the founding of Starfleet,

You are the only one who seems to think otherwise.

Yeah, Section31 is not from Article 14, Section 31 despite the name being a direct copy, despite the Article and Section spelling out what Section 31 seems to do, and that Word of God (Enterprise production team, in this case) confirmed in the Audio Commentary for the Enterprise episode "Terra Prime" that while the Harris's organization is not explicitly stated in dialogue as being Section 31, it is, in fact, Section 31.

So, now we have the production staff even saying that Harris and Malcolm Reed were part of Section 31.

That's about as concrete as you can get in terms of evidence.

If it is not on screen, then it is not canon. Harris' organization might be Section 31 or it might be some other organization that either is dismantled or becomes Section 31. It doesn't matter that the production staff say that Harris' organization is Section 31, if it is not explicitly stated in Enterprise, then we don't know if it is Section 31 or not. We can only believe that it is Section 31 or not.

The Divergence episode in Enterprise says, "Reread the Charter, Article 14, Section 31. There are a few lines that make allowances for bending the rules during times of extraordinary threat." There is no mention of creating an autonomous organization dedicated to protecting the Federation at any cost. Archer, Kirk, Picard, Sisko, and Janeway are all guilty of bending the rules during times of extraordinary threat, but no one claims that they are part of Section 31. Although it would explain a lot with Janeway if she was part of Section 31.

Discovery made it extremely clear that Section 31 exists. If Harris and Reed are mentioned to be part of Section 31 in Discovery, then it would be confirmation. However my point still stands that until Discovery, it could be argued that Section 31 was merely a fictional organization created by rogue Starfleet Intelligence Officers.

Post edited by starkaos on
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    Where was section 31 during the Klingon war? One Georgiou with holographic Klingon mask, attack drones, a jelly gun and a pot of bugged facepaint could have won the entire war on her own. S31 can - apparently - fly all the way to Q'onos and back - completely undetected. Another ability that could have proven to be rather useful during the war. And Stamets sucks a ghost mushroom tumor out of Tilly, using a proton pack, I mean, vacuum cleaner, and traps it in a forcefield.. Are we really still talking about Star Trek here?

However, not everything was bad. Tilly was amazing in this episode. This character could have so much potential of only they stopped using her as a comic relief sidekick. Amanda too was amazing in this episode. A stellar performance by both actresses.
    The most reasonable explanation for what "Section 31" is: it's the black ops part of Federation intelligence, the guys that do things that are typically considered illegal. They don't fight wars. Anonymity is part of what gives them the ability to do what they do.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options

In any event confirmation or not, i've included him all the same as section 31.
    One thing that piqued my interest this episode is the Section 31 operative who recruited Phillipa mentioning "Control" being interested in Ash's skills.

While this is usually a fairly generic term used to refer to leadership without naming them, in beta-canon "Control" is also the name of a powerful AI born out of a United Earth surveillance program called Uraei. Uraei was ultimately responsible for manipulating the events that created Section 31, and during the events of the novels, which are set between Nemesis and the Hobus Supernova, the "Control" AI ultimately set into the motion the organizations destruction as it had outlived it usefulness.

Could be a generic term for the upper command structure of section 31, if it is so secret it would have to be decentralized, like cells, there could be many different cells working on projects for the organisation but they aren't aware of each others existence and each cell reports to a specific individual or individuals.

If we are looking at an individual code named "Control", there could be others code named "Archangel", "Omega" or some other name. It would make sense to keep anonymity and greatly reduce the chances of getting caught and knowing any information, more so if the individual has a way of hiding who they are while being able to listen to reports and ordering new projects.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User

The most reasonable explanation for what "Section 31" is: it's the black ops part of Federation intelligence, the guys that do things that are typically considered illegal. They don't fight wars. Anonymity is part of what gives them the ability to do what they do.

Section 31's primary goal is to protect the Federation using all means necessary. The Federation was facing defeat. The Sol system was about to fall. I don't think anonymity still mattered in this situation.
  • Options

Section 31's primary goal is to protect the Federation using all means necessary. The Federation was facing defeat. The Sol system was about to fall. I don't think anonymity still mattered in this situation.

Even defeated i doubt section 31 would just cave into the Klingons demands, it would just make them more inclined to set off a bomb on Qo'nos that would not only destroy the planet but wipe out most of the klingon race at the same time. These are people who go to extremes to make their point. Anonymity would still matter so they can't be identified until it was far too late to do anything about it.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    If it is not on screen, then it is not canon. Harris' organization might be Section 31 or it might be some other organization that either is dismantled or becomes Section 31. It doesn't matter that the production staff say that Harris' organization is Section 31, if it is not explicitly stated in Enterprise, then we don't know if it is Section 31 or not. We can only believe that it is Section 31 or not. (...)

I get what you are saying, but this is just full of it. Yes, canon may be reqritten and things invalidated, but at this point claiming "we don't know" is just ridiculous. That's taking the "on-screen canon" rule a bit too literally. Some things can just be filled in by common sense, especially if you know the production's intention. It doesn't matter how much you create arguments why this organization could be different from S31, but it's obvious that it is AND your theory will never count as you already know that it's supposed to be S31 and that will not change.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    angrytarg wrote: »
    If it is not on screen, then it is not canon. Harris' organization might be Section 31 or it might be some other organization that either is dismantled or becomes Section 31. It doesn't matter that the production staff say that Harris' organization is Section 31, if it is not explicitly stated in Enterprise, then we don't know if it is Section 31 or not. We can only believe that it is Section 31 or not. (...)

I get what you are saying, but this is just full of it. Yes, canon may be reqritten and things invalidated, but at this point claiming "we don't know" is just ridiculous. That's taking the "on-screen canon" rule a bit too literally. Some things can just be filled in by common sense, especially if you know the production's intention. It doesn't matter how much you create arguments why this organization could be different from S31, but it's obvious that it is AND your theory will never count as you already know that it's supposed to be S31 and that will not change.​​

Plus, Word of God counts almost equal to onscreen canon. Onscreen canon does take precedent if it directly contradicts Word of God, but Enterprise never stated that the name of the organization was something other than Section 31.

Given the preponderance of onscreen evidence to say that it was Section 31, the fact that Word of God says it's Section 31, and no canonical contradiction of the Word of God, then Malcolm Reed was, indeed, a part of Section 31.

Basically, if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck and an ornithological expert says it's a duck, you can't just say it's not a duck and expect to be right.

Things I want in STO:

• Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Never thought i'd see the day powerful klingons who are used to blood sports and war would ever act surprised and appear to be disgusted to see a fake babies head on display.

Because it's dishonourable act?

The episode was okay.
    • Klingons bore me. Martok is the only one who's ever felt like a character (excluding Worf and Tores who don't count)
    • L'Rell sounds like she has a mouth full of cotton wool, even worse than S1.
    • Kol's dad was great. He's kept the same look as Kol (who was always the best looking of the S1 Klingons) but has hair and proves there's no major issue with the look of the DSCS1 that can't be fixed with hair. His nanite war paint was a clever idea.
    • On the other hand there was zero reason to acknowledge the change in the hair situation.
    • The D7 is not a new ship, it was in ENT and the United Imperial logo was in both ENT and DSCS1.
    • Amazingly enough D7 has only ever been used to describe the TMP style ship seen here in DSC and in VGR. D5 was the designation used to refer to the TOS Battlecruiser seen in TAS (and TOS). Onscreen dialogue trumps BtS material so STO needs to rename their ships accordingly.
    • The Emperor should have been executed by the Federation, not hired. Though KT Marcus did hire a WWIII dictator (or somebody claiming to be him) so it's not out of character for S31. I doubt I'll watch the spin-off. I dislike fascists.
    • L'Rell's costume is eye wateringly hideous. It clashes with her skin colour. Her makeup is hideous as well. She looks like those TNGS1 Klingons where they stuck all the makeup on the tops of the actors heads and left their faces human looking. Her early S1 face was better when she actually had ridges on her cheeks and chin.
    • The Spock stuff is dragging and Burnham seemed to connect more to Sarek than Amanda despite her apparent closeness to the latter.
    • I'm certain Sarek's ship was blown up in S1. How then would Burnham recognise it?
    • I hated the camera angles. Pointless and makes everything look fake.
    • OF all the issues with DSC S1 Klingons they fixed the elongated heads on some of them but left it on others? The fact that L'Rell was reduced makes it a retcon not an in-universe change so why keep any of them? Also, why keep the stupid melted ears?
    • Seeing DSC Klingons with TOS style facial hair is hilarious but a vast improvement over TNG-ENT where every single Klingon had the same hair and beard.
    • The S31 ship looks quite TOS and quite TMP in shape. On the outside anyway. The inside is polluted with the bloody blue filter form DSCS1 which means no details can be made out.
    • L'rell and Voq's child is the Albino from DS9. I've seen it spelt out on Reddit and it was a vibe I got from the episode. Specifically the feud with House Kor.
    • S31 is and always has been an official part of Starfleet. DS9 makes it clear by the amount of control they have over Admirals and Starfleet Medical. ID makes it clear as the head of Starfleet is also head of S31 and it has the resources to build a dreadnought in the Sol system, ENT makes it explicit it was built into Starfleet from the beginning, and DSC shows some members of Starfleet recognise the branch. Only olympic level stretching could continue the fanfiction they are not part of Starfleet.
    • I hope this capitulation to fanbois doesn't mean the fantastic Klingon ships like the bortaS bir continue to be used. As they've kept the DSCS1 Klingons around and just made it clear they exist alongside other types I'm hopeful they don't do an ENT and just clone TNG to appease those that favour stagnation.
    ​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    artan42 wrote: »

When has that ever stopped a Klingon to stand in disgust before? it can make them angry but dishonor applies about as much meaning as honor with Klingons, it is such a broad scope to know what really gets to Klingons and where one starts and the other ends.

About the only thing that will get to Klingons (even with Worf) are soft things, soft emotions and so on and generally being too well mannered. Klingons get unnerved by such things but that is a long way from that head on display though. This is why i brought it up, i can't explain how such a race that revels in blood and war would be so concerned with a single babys head.
  • Options
    artan42 wrote: »

When has that ever stopped a Klingon to stand in disgust before?

When has it ever happened before? When has a Klingon killed a infant in order to tell how they would react? Worf was kicked out because of the dishonour of his father. Klingons still set a lot in store by honour even if they only pay lip service to it in their actual behaviour.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I'm certain Sarek's ship was blown up in S1. How then would Burnham recognise it?
    Maybe she knows he has a good insurance, and the ship is the most logical ship for a Vulcan Ambassador, so he'd never get a new one from the insurance (non)money.

;)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    or, you know...it was the same class as the old ship and vulcan is the site of a major shipyard...obviously, he built another one!​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    or, you know...it was the same class as the old ship and vulcan is the site of a major shipyard...obviously, he built another one!

But it's a generic design. I can buy the old one might have had some scratched panels she recognised as Sareks but this is a new one. So unless Sarek has a garage full of Solkar classes he customises there's no way Burnham could know it was his. Especially as it wasn't transmitting and signals or replying in anyway.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    edited February 2019
    oh

well, the way things are going, we'll probably find out burnham's a limited telepath or something like that and living among vulcans or the encounter with the totally-not-an-iconian 'red angel' during the mission on the hiawatha 'brought it out' and she could feel him aboard the ship

or the writers just goofed, but someone's going to bring it up and they'll try to spin it that way instead of just admitting they goofed​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Vulcans have the force now and Michael's soul is linked and they can feel each other. I'm just waiting for Spock to fire lightning from his finger tips.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    oh

well, the way things are going, we'll probably find out burnham's a limited telepath or something like that and living among vulcans or the encounter with the totally-not-an-iconian 'red angel' during the mission on the hiawatha 'brought it out' and she could feel him aboard the ship

or the writers just goofed, but someone's going to bring it up and they'll try to spin it that way instead of just admitting they goofed​​
    In TOS it was established that some Humans ARE naturally telepathic, it's just an exceptionally rare mutation. Miranda Jones is one example. But the reason WHY Gary Mitchell developed the terrifying powers that he did was that he had latent psionic potential. Seriously, some time between ENT and TOS Starfleet developed a method to measure psionic aptitude and included it as part of the medical exam for Starfleet personnel.

So the idea that Burnham was BORN with psionic potential isn't out of the question.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    it's not the thought of burnhan being psionic in itself that makes me roll my eyes...it's that ON TOP of everything else she can already do, apparently better than people who have devoted their entire lives or career to it

which is why i SERIOUSLY hope they don't end up pulling that...discovery's starting off good with its second season - no need to throw back in the crapper with yet another burnham special​​

#LegalizeAwoo

This discussion has been closed.