test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TNG Galaxy Class Bridge

Comments

• alpharaider47#7707 alpharaider47 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    redvenge wrote: »
    Which the game does during many missions, actually.
    Which of those is on your personal bridge?

Otherwise, those are just misc mission locations and they are beyond the scope of what is being discussed. Cryptic can build whatever locations they want for an episode. Those locations have nothing to do with personal ship interiors.

At best there is a single mission in the Romulan Mystery arc that requires you to visit your ready room to decrypt Hakeev's notes. If more missions had that requirement, you would at least have a reason to visit your ready room to click a button. But they don't. Since they don't capitalize on personal starship bridges as a game mechanic, they are wasting their time when they make personal starship bridges.

Personally, I wish that there were more missions that had us wander our bridge/ship. Perhaps they will eventually capitalize on the mechanic, as you stated.

I was quite impressed with the interior though, and I enjoyed the mission a lot more than I expected to. I'm looking forward to what comes next.
    sFfAcbR.jpg
    STO Beta Test and Launch Veteran
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »
    Last interior was the Voyager one, and they didn't really charge anything extra for it, just made it part of the Intrepid bundle. I believe the Pathfinder+Interior package is sold for the standard 3000 Zen that you'd pay for the Pathfinder alone, minus the discount, since it's only available during ship sales.

With the ship sale happening now, I was able to check this, and I was mistaken. The Pathfinder+Interior pack is technically 4000 Zen list price, but always only available to purchase during sales, so 3200 Zen. The going rate for just those interiors is therefore 1000 Zen. Mind you, that's for 2 versions, and we have only seen 1 version of this one promoted, and I doubt they'll sell us the battle-damaged version from the FE.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    lordgyor wrote: »
    T6 was designed specifically to make T7 unneeded, T6 can be expanded infinately by releasing new specializations.

And if they wish to release as part of a bundle, they can just make a variant Galaxy with a different specialization.

Not when it comes to PWE's income made from STO.
    mailman650 wrote: »
    I hope there is more than one version of the bridge. I'd like to see a AGT version of the bridge or at the very least, the bridge from Generations.

From what accidentally ended up in the game before today's patch. There wasn't any Generations or AGT version. That doesn't mean they don't exist though. There was no Battle Bridge in the TNG interior that slipped out but it was mentioned that the interior wasn't finished. I do hope the Battle Bridge is a part of the interior. From what I saw though, the interior was really nice. There is a thread around that does have some screenshots, if they haven't been removed.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    lordgyor wrote: »
    T6 was designed specifically to make T7 unneeded, T6 can be expanded infinately by releasing new specializations.

And if they wish to release as part of a bundle, they can just make a variant Galaxy with a different specialization.

Yup, they could release another T6 Galaxy with a new skin, boff layout, specialization and it be a totally new ship...

They don't even have to make it a part of a bundle, but allowing parts to be used with the old versions would boost sales...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
    Most lilkey were gonna Get the Battle Bridge and other stuff that we See in the Show as long different Bridge Variants from the Series between season 1-3 4-7 and Generation and maybe even alternate timelines too like the Galaxy X
    May the Shwartz Be With You
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    'That isn't the Galaxy Bridge you're looking for'. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    Second, I noticed the monitor table in Main Engineering (the "pool table") is placed slightly too far back. It should be moved forward (ie. toward the warp core) until it is centered on the steel grey panels, instead of on the doors (as it is now). At least, I THINK it's supposed to be centered there. The images I've looked at for reference are a bit hard to interpret. My gut feeling is that it's just a bit too far back.

The pool table is in the right place:

45fbf2aa-c576-47db-85cb-b50001ccb622.jpg

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    I laughed when i read your OP. Once these bridges are done they are NEVER changed. The Defiant interior still has the MSD in Engineering mirrored despite them being told numerous times when it was launched. They do a great job and then move on, Cryptic only have one reverse gear and it's labelled Emergency Only.

There are also the chairs of the D4x that make the officers literally sit on the floor and rest their chin on the consoles.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @jonsills said:
    > There's at least one mission that requires you to visit your bridge - after completing Mine Enemy, you have to go to your bridge, then head into your ready room to access the library computer. (If you're using the TOS interior, you don't have a ready room, and instead have to use the turbolift and go to a briefing room.)
    >
    > And of course after you take down Hakeev, you get a side mission to place the trophy from Obisek in your rec room/dining hall.

Which you can't do as a Romulan, unless flying an allied ship.

That's probably why there is no more side mission to place that trophy. I think they do still mention that you got it, but they don't send you into your ship to place it.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    Bat'hlet Tournament on Forces. At the end you need to place your Trophy on your ship.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    Bat'hlet Tournament on Forces. At the end you need to place your Trophy on your ship.

The whole participating in the Tournament is a side mission now, removed from the episode and completely optional, and it still isn't "that" trophy, meaning the Horta eggs that you get from Darkness Before the Dawn.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    There are also the chairs of the D4x that make the officers literally sit on the floor and rest their chin on the consoles.

That's actually a common bug. I've got two BOffs on my San Fransisco Bridge who do that.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Yes, I know it is optional but it is another 'Mission' where you 'need' to site a Trophy.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    rattler2 wrote: »

That's actually a common bug. I've got two BOffs on my San Fransisco Bridge who do that.

The Constitution bridge also STILL has this bug. Overall though the Galaxy interiors are really well done. Please give the transporter room the right controls... unless you plan on flying the ship from there :tongue:
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
    rattler2 wrote: »

I haven't checked that bridge, but I'm not talking about the bug where Boffs go through the chairs, I'm talking about chairs that are literally sitting on the floor:
    9900_20160806203055_1.png?raw=1

#TASforSTO
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    latest?cb=20141029110721
    Eh... hehe...

Well... in my defense... I've never been on the D4x Bridge.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,310 Community Moderator
    Thread: GALAXY CLASS TNG BIRDGE SET? @ryuranger
    Thread: UNIQUE BRIDGES AND THE GALAXY BRIDGE @disqord
    Thread: SOOOO NO TNG BRIDGE PACK??? @lexusk19
    Thread: GALAXY INTERIOR IS AWESOME! BUT... @colonelmarik

tUxKHgA.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2017
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    valoreah wrote: »
    Sir Patrick has your answer right here....

The actual anniversary is the 28th, so this may be coming then. I'd find it hard to believe if there wasn't a new ship/interior pack in the C-Store with this.

Well the actual anniversary of TNG is, the anniversary for the entire franchise would be the TOS original air date which was the 8th.​​

True but Cryptic since base lined most of STO on TNG, then DS9 and Voyager has always generally recognized the 28th.

It's only more recently with Temporal Recruitment well over a year ago that we saw a little more expansion into the original series... although Spock did originally start STO off as the first of the actors to do Voice work. Yet this mostly focused on general exploration sound effects as you explored the Galaxy; or later early stuff was tied into his more recent TNG appearances related to reuniting at least diplomatically the Romulan & Vulcan people.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • dbeiswengerdbeiswenger Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Next month together with the TNG lock box. It will be the first Lobi ship interior you can buy. Best guess for the cost rage from 400 to 600 Lobi.

If its sold for lobi and not C-Store, Im deleting my account.
    And it's C-Store.

For 2000 Zen. For just the bridge. Without a ship. Not even a T4.
    #TASforSTO
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    i waited for this for a month 2000z on sale and its merely an interior, i wont be wasting my zen, i will hold off till the next ships sale either dec or next year and buy ships, no interior should be worth 2000z. and you get only the interior, give me a break, the ds9 interior for the defiant came with weapons uniforms and a shuttlecraft, this is strictly an interior. forget about it, not wasting zen i worked sooo hard to get. even the intrepid interijor is 6k and comes with 3 ships, from diff tiers. this is a joke!
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    While i can understand that the interior is famous, i think personally i don't need it so much that i would get it for that price.
    I'm not a die-hard fan of that TV serie... or a millionaire...
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,310 Community Moderator
    Well, some people have said that they'd be willing to buy quality interiors (no caveats), so here's their chance to put their money where their mouth is. I, for one, will be getting it.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch