What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TNG Galaxy Class Bridge

123457»

Comments

• Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    Got the Bridge interior and put it on my Defiant-class ship. Looks great.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I just beamed into one of my Character's Delta Flyer. I noticed that the 500 Zen small ship had a moving star field out the Port, Starboard, and Forward windows. The technology to do so must have been forgotten in the before times.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    captainjtietzcaptainjtietz Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Now if they could just do the Defiant and NX class interiors.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Whilst I love the TNG intrerior, I got a few issues with it that I hope they'll listen to:

* You can't take a seat in the Conference Room; which feels odd, as the whole purpose of that room is to sit. :) Can't take a seat in Ten Forward either; which feels odd, as the whole purpose of that room is to sit. :P

* There is entirely too much personnel on the Captain's Quarters deck. And, what's worse, crew are constantly if not outright entering my quarters, then causing the doors to stay open.

* I can't seem to take either the stairs or the mini-elevator to the upper Engineering deck.

* Holodeck, again, does nothing. When are they ever gonna do the obvious and add Foundry missions to it?! It would greatly add to the purpose of having an interior like this. Missed opportunity.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    This is thread is becoming an example of why we can't have nice things. :/
    Yeah. Also proof that taco was right to suspect people saying they'd be willing to pay for canon interiors had expectation those interiors would be something more than interiors in this game are.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Yeah. Also proof that taco was right to suspect people saying they'd be willing to pay for canon interiors had expectation those interiors would be something more than interiors in this game are.

More people are willing to pay for things they don't half-TRIBBLE! People want quality things, which actually involve some sort of quality control! Is it really too much to expect them to clone and re-texture another bridge to look like the Battle Bridge and add it? No! Taco's problem is simply not understanding the players expect better and ensuring the players get better!
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    * There is entirely too much personnel on the Captain's Quarters deck. And, what's worse, crew are constantly if not outright entering my quarters, then causing the doors to stay open.

And Main Engineering has the opposite problem, being completely abandoned. There should be someone there, even if not very many and mostly not moving.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »

Is it really too much to expect them to clone and re-texture another bridge to look like the Battle Bridge and add it?

Wasn't the Battle bridge just the Connie refit bridge redressed? That bridge isn't in game yet.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    > @captainjtietz said:
    > Now if they could just do the Defiant and NX class interiors.

I believe we already have the defiant interior in the ds9 pack
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »

More people are willing to pay for things they don't half-****! People want quality things, which actually involve some sort of quality control! Is it really too much to expect them to clone and re-texture another bridge to look like the Battle Bridge and add it? No! Taco's problem is simply not understanding the players expect better and ensuring the players get better!

I'm pretty sure Taco doesn't make the decisions in that regard. I suspect that if he is told to create A and B he doesn't then go on to create A B and C.

And yes, I realise that some devs have been known to produce things that benefit us players in their own time, but I am talking about work done 'on the clock' in this instance.

There are a few things to poke at there. Players were literally denied the Ambassador for a long time because I dev hated the ship. Yes, we did eventually get it but that took way longer than it should have. Will we ever get a T6? Probably not.

Interiors do take time and I don't pretend to know how long that takes and how much time they are given for that. I look at the interiors as a form of art, just like any other asset the game has. With the tools they have, the artist can put in the effort to make something that exceeds expectations, something good enough to get the pass to shove it out, or something in between. You can see the difference when comparing a lot of similar assets across the game. Some things, you can easily tell the person or people took pride in making while others... not so much. Some things might be engine or tool limitations.

The TNG interior does look really nice but it could be better. I am not complaining about the small lifts in Engineering, the over-populated Captain's Quarters deck, 10-Forward is too small, and not being able to sit in chairs, and the other things to gripe about. A few of those I noticed when the bridge went live before it was released. Nothing seems to have changed from it in that state, including the inconsistent crew uniforms across the interior. Without the Battle Bridge, the interior seems incomplete in my opinion. If the Observation Lounge wasn't there, would people not feel like that is a necessary component of the interior?

Having other variants of the interior would have been very welcome as well. Adding some striping to the doors and some other minor modifications to the interior to give us an AGT and or Generations variant would have been very welcome. Maybe they are saving the AGT variant for a Galaxy-X interior or bridge release. Future Imperfect and Generations though specifically apply to the Galaxy and would have been welcome additions that also could have added value and a bump in price.

Is it really too much to expect them to clone and re-texture another bridge to look like the Battle Bridge and add it?

Wasn't the Battle bridge just the Connie refit bridge redressed? That bridge isn't in game yet.

I am not too sure. I thought the Ambassador's Bridge was the redressed Connie Refit bridge but I could be wrong.
  • Options
    The Refit Constitution bridge has been used for multiple different things, including the Galaxy Class 'Battle Bridge'.
  • Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    > @captainjtietz said:
    > Now if they could just do the Defiant and NX class interiors.

I believe we already have the defiant interior in the ds9 pack

Yup. It's called the "Belfast" for some reason. But it's a screen accurate interior for the Defiant. Along with corridors, engineering, sickbay, the mess hall. Everything we saw in Deep Space 9.

• Options
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    * You can't take a seat in the Conference Room; which feels odd, as the whole purpose of that room is to sit. :) Can't take a seat in Ten Forward either; which feels odd, as the whole purpose of that room is to sit. :P
    I don't seem to have that problem, in either case. I can sit just fine in both 10 Forward and the Conference Room.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    At the cost of two thousand zen I hope that it means they plan to actually use player ship interiors for missions.

If not they are slapping a pretty hefty price tag on what will be for the most part simply deadspace.
  • Options
    astroroblaastrorobla Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    At the cost of two thousand zen I hope that it means they plan to actually use player ship interiors for missions.

If not they are slapping a pretty hefty price tag on what will be for the most part simply deadspace.

People have asked this repeatedly over the years, but the devs have explained, why this just isn't practical with this game engine/level design.

To play on your own bridge it would require the mission to have as many variants as there are bridges in the game, and each would have to be laid out and debugged uniquely. It would add a significant overhead to the mission design that doesn't have a lot of payoff.
    Now a top-rated spotlight mission!
    STO-sig.jpg
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    astrorobla wrote: »

People have asked this repeatedly over the years, but the devs have explained, why this just isn't practical with this game engine/level design.

To play on your own bridge it would require the mission to have as many variants as there are bridges in the game, and each would have to be laid out and debugged uniquely. It would add a significant overhead to the mission design that doesn't have a lot of payoff.

There's another option, but it would require some new systems being added to the mission creation tools they use. That would be to give each bridge / interior preset enemy / object spawn points, so that in mission creation they would simply tell the game to spawn enemy x at spawn point 1, and console y at spawn point 2, etc. Like I said though, this would take a LOT of work to do (not assigning the spawn points, but actually making it work, because it's not built for that at all right now), for limited initial gain, though the upside is once it was done it would be easy to create additional missions that way. I honestly don't see that ever happening though.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    flyntdoublebrookflyntdoublebrook Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    So is anyone else mildly amused/miffed that the image on the announcement features a Benzite bridge officer? You know, because there's no actual Benzite boffs?
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    I think I'll save dilithium to trade for Zen to get this TNG Bridge as I have all the ships I need, and this gives me a goal.
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    lordgyor wrote: »
    I think I'll save dilithium to trade for Zen to get this TNG Bridge as I have all the ships I need, and this gives me a goal.

Yep, I'll surprise myself with one in the near future as well. Just need to stop drooling all over Discovery lol...
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    a
    astrorobla wrote: »

There's another option, but it would require some new systems being added to the mission creation tools they use. That would be to give each bridge / interior preset enemy / object spawn points, so that in mission creation they would simply tell the game to spawn enemy x at spawn point 1, and console y at spawn point 2, etc. Like I said though, this would take a LOT of work to do (not assigning the spawn points, but actually making it work, because it's not built for that at all right now), for limited initial gain, though the upside is once it was done it would be easy to create additional missions that way. I honestly don't see that ever happening though.
    And even more work, actually creating interiors for all the bazillion lockbox, etc ships that only have a tiny one-room bridge.

Never gonna happen.