test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TNG Galaxy Class Bridge

Comments

• slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    Sure it's lacking a battle bridge and I do find the price steep, but I'm going to fork over the Zen for it to encourage more creation. However I must say, there should be a discount for those who have already purchased the Galaxy ship pack.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    This is thread is becoming an example of why we can't have nice things. :/
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    Pay Day is tomorrow. ;) I'm in.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User

Everyone can have nice things but thing is, is Cryptic will to do such a thing? This interior was put on a pedastal before it even launched and in a situation like that, it will either work or it will fail unfortunately. to me 2k is far too steep a risk where as getting other bridges at signifcantly less in cost and the quality is almost the same
    Guys, if you don't like it, don't buy it. If you're going to compare it to cheap n nasty T-shirts then I don't see much hope here.

that is your choice to reduce this silliness but i will at least respect your opinions. :smile:
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    The new interior is really beautiful! I do not mind spending 2K Zen on it at all. I almost hit the purchase button yesterday but then thought about S14 and the upcoming changes for fleets.

As it stands at the moment I won’t have the time to enjoy the interior much so there is no point in acquiring it.

I can wait 2 weeks to see how this works out.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    I bought it the first it popped up and I love it!!!
    My only gripe with it is the bridge npc's wear odessy uniforms and on all other decks they wear the tng uniform. I prefer to have them all in tng uniform. Maybe add an option in the ship tailor such as crew uniform.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    I feel the need to say I'm a little disappointed with some of the reactions in this thread. Many there be, me included, who really have been urging Cryptic to make beautiful bridges. They've always been reluctant to do so, as, well, see this thread. Nobody should feel pressured into getting an interior because of me, or anyone else, of course. I just hope ppl will understand that 2,000 Zen is a steal, really. I was prepared to pay as much for a good interior as what an entire T6 ship costs; so, to me, 2K was a pleasant surprise. It's also a nice, no-hassle deal: don't need to get a 10k bundle, with 3 new ships, and all sorts of trivia I don't need (skants and such will be given away soon anyway), or a limited time condition.

They need to fix a few bugs with it, though; most notably, that you can't fit it on every Fed ship, as advertised. Other than that, I'm very happy with it.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User

No one here, as far as I have seen, has said anything bad about the bridge itself (other then mention the usual bug here and there). In fact I think the galaxy bridge has been viewed in a positive light by virtually everyone, but the sticking point is the price which is stupid high, not only in my opinion, but obviously in the opinion of many others as well. Your statement is more disappointing than anything I have read in this thread. As I said most people are just frustrated because of the price point.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Well the Voyager Bridge was a full fledged interior as well with the 2370 and 2410 variants. When you can buy the T6 Pathfinder with the Interior it is 4,000 Zen. That is 3,000 Zen for a T6 ship and 1,000 for the Interior.

Read that folks, 1,000 Zen for two versions of the Voyager Interior. Have we had 100% inflation since then?

Same cr*p they pulled last year on the lead up to the TOS 50th Anniversary. Put a T6 Constitution in an R&D Promotion Pack and the Kelvin version in a Lockbox. Then later put the NX Retrofit into the Lobi Store.

The Voyager interior variants were really well done, just like the TOS and TNG interiors. However, the Voyager interior went the extra step with the 2410 variant. That extra step set the bar high and also made the Voyager interior a must have for me because it offered up what I was expecting and more. With the TNG interior, I expected the Battle Bridge to be a part of the interior and it isn't, which is solely why I am not buying it. Even if they offer up the AFT or Generations versions as separate interiors, which I am okay with. The Battle Bridge needs to be included in order to get me to buy.
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I feel the need to say I'm a little disappointed with some of the reactions in this thread. Many there be, me included, who really have been urging Cryptic to make beautiful bridges. They've always been reluctant to do so, as, well, see this thread. Nobody should feel pressured into getting an interior because of me, or anyone else, of course. I just hope ppl will understand that 2,000 Zen is a steal, really. I was prepared to pay as much for a good interior as what an entire T6 ship costs; so, to me, 2K was a pleasant surprise. It's also a nice, no-hassle deal: don't need to get a 10k bundle, with 3 new ships, and all sorts of trivia I don't need (skants and such will be given away soon anyway), or a limited time condition.

They need to fix a few bugs with it, though; most notably, that you can't fit it on every Fed ship, as advertised. Other than that, I'm very happy with it.

I want PWE to create more interiors! However, I have expectations and will only buy something when they meet my expectations. Price wise, the TNG seems a little over-priced compared to previous interiors simply due to the lack of a missing key asset to the ship. Although rarely used, the Battle Bridge is one of the key aspects of the Galaxy class that makes it stand out, at least in my opinion. If they were to put up a blog today saying, "we are sorry that the Battle Bridge did not make it into the final interior currently but will be added over the next month or two", then I will go buy some ZEN and buy it as soon as I read that. Otherwise, 2,000 ZEN just seems too much to ask for the interior. That said, I would gladly buy a Prometheus interior as long as it met my expectations!

Cost and worth are really hard to gauge across STO. You have people that will throw tons of money at PWE just because this game is a Star Trek game, those who won't spend a cent and grind everything they decide they need ZEN to purchase, and plenty of people in between on various sides of the middle ground. I was ready to pay $50 to $60 happily for a bundle that probably included ships I already own to have a TNG interior with a Battle Bridge, and at least one other variant. Whether that variant is the All Good Things, Future Imperfect, or Generations doesn't matter although I would prefer the AGT over the rest because I am a fan of the Galaxy-X.

Where I think PWE fails when it comes to selling the interiors, because they all are excellent in their own ways, the TNG interior included, is expectation versus how it is sold. The TOS interior came with a lot of stuff people had already had but just about everyone I know that plays STO bought it anyway. Why? Because it was very well done and exceed what the players I know expected and was a must have novelty. The same applies with the Voyager interiors. I had less of what was in the bundle before I purchased it but I was only expecting one variant when there ended up being two. The Pathfinder isn't really competitive at today's endgame but the Intrepid skin and the two interiors was again, beyond my expectations and the same goes for those I know who purchased it. This time around, we have a TNG interior with high expectations because Cryptic/PWE have exceeded what was expected in the past and came up short. It isn't that what is there isn't well done, because the interior does look awesome! It is what is missing that really stops me from buying, even though it is only 2,000 ZEN.

Exceeding expectations and bundling with stuff I already have translates into a sale, because I must have it! :P Not delivering on the base expectation, even at a lower price, unfortunately means I am not willing to part with $20. Maybe someone within PWE could sit down and do a little research to compare and see how things sell when it comes to the interiors. I might be completely wrong in how I think things sell outside of what appeals to me and those I game with. Either way, I am a bit curious to know what proves to be the bigger seller for a few reasons.
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    nikephorus wrote: »
    No one here, as far as I have seen, has said anything bad about the bridge itself (other then mention the usual bug here and there). In fact I think the galaxy bridge has been viewed in a positive light by virtually everyone, but the sticking point is the price which is stupid high, not only in my opinion, but obviously in the opinion of many others as well. Your statement is more disappointing than anything I have read in this thread. As I said most people are just frustrated because of the price point.
    What is disappointing is that there is no gameplay connected to ship interiors. The only content is the horribly outdated DoFF missions (though some interiors have trophies... which are also outdated).

Some posts in this thread have promoted the idea that players should just give Cryptic money, then Cryptic will have some incentive to create a reason to visit your interiors... instead of just making another pointless interior to buy. I get that it's viscerally pleasing to have a ship interior that matches the exterior of your vessel. Or it's fun to visit the set of a show you enjoyed. Let's be serious for a moment. Wouldn't it be better if you had a reason to actually spend time there? Cryptic asks $30 for a T6 ship that you can play all of the Space content on. Now they ask $20 for cosmetic items you will never see in 99% of the game content. There is the difference in value. Even expensive cosmetic items (200 Lobi for one character outfit), you can enjoy that in ALL the Ground content.

The reasonable response is to NOT buy the bridge, explain to Cryptic that they need to attach some ACTUAL GAMEPLAY to ship interiors and even give some suggestions for content, like you see in this thread. Just giving Cryptic your money will not improve ship interiors.
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    So no TNG Skant?
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    stark2k wrote: »
    So no TNG Skant?

Probably next week
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    Thank you for releasing this BEAUTY of a Galaxy-class ship interior! Now all I'd love to see is a visual update on the really dusty blurry and arm-glitchy TNG Season 3 to 7 uniforms ... those are in the game since Day 1 and even the "Early" TNG and the "Early" DS9 uniforms look a lot better than them.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • boatswasboatswas Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Yeah, overall this is a nice interior. Should it be 2k zen? I don't think so.

This should be part and parcel of a Galaxy ship buy / award / acquire.

As good as they did, I do have a couple of gripes (as I will always have):
    1) Static starfield. Regardless of the room you're peeping outside from, the ship's not moving.
    2) Lack of slight personalization. Specifically, trophies. The buyers of this not-cheap interior can't place their own trophies*, whether earned or purchased.
    3) Someone else pointed it out, but no battle bridge...
    4) Uniforms ... with some purchases (ships / interiors), a uniform comes with the "main feature". But, since TNG season 1 uniform is already available, I guess that it's not important.

*Trophies... remember those? I know that's not really part of this thread, but it's nice to be able to get rewards for accomplishments. Even a "Status Board" in the captain's cabin with the highest level "accolade" for each subject would be nice. Need help coding it? The information is already in-game, it travels with the characters. A simple set of call functions would be able to populate the information for the display.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »

Agreed - their reluctance seems to stem from a comment made somewhere, at some time, that interiors "don't sell". I can't say that I recall where this comment came from nor who made it, but that comment has always been quoted when the subject of interiors arises.

Which goes back to what you said about being disappointed about some of the comments being made. Me too. I mean, there is NOT an abundance of high-quality interiors for our ships - and I am talking FULL interiors here.

Looking at the Galaxy and the Intrepid interior and comparing them to previous offerrings, which were - in 95% of cases a bridge - nothing else, just a bridge - really does put things into perspective. There is no compairison. I mean, the 'Delta' bridge I use(d) on my Nova class is a mess! FAR too big for the ship it's most closely linked to, bugged to high heavens and, I'm sorry to say, a complete waste of Zen (in fact I'd argue that many of the older bridges should be removed from the store entirely, but that's another subject).

And I get that some think that 2000 zen is overpriced (although, as with anything that finds it's way to the C-store, no-one is forcing anyone to buy it) I, however, didn't have a problem with it. It's a full, high quality, interior which they've made it as functional as they possibilty could. If the price tag offends, I'm sure it'll pop up in a C-store sale before too long, or could be purchased using Zen purchased in a Zen sale.

Anyway - I for one hope it sells well. Whilst I suspect that we are more likely to see fantastic interiors produced as a result of inclusion in epsidodes, I would like to think that if the Galaxy interior sells well it might disprove the old notion that interiors don't sell and they might consider producing more - I for one would LOVE to see a Refit Constituion bridge/interior......

Here is the issue I have with it..

While I think the interior is great, 2k Zen.. to me.. seems to be way too much for an interior, especially considering that the interior is never used in any part of the game. The only purpose it serves is for you to occasionally go there and have a look around. While that's a cool feature, it costs almost as much as an entire ship.

My issue is that Cryptic has a way of making what they say true, and this is another example. They say that bridges don't sell well, but people continue to scream for them. So what do they do? They release a bridge that they know people want and they way overcharge for it. Then when people don't buy it.. they say 'see, we were right.. they don't sell' and they don't make any more.

I think the bridge is really nice, but other bridge packs are what? 400Zen? Even 1k for this would have been a but much.. but still within reason. 2k to me seems like way too much and I think Cryptic knows that. In fact, they're counting on it.

They don't like making bridges.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    The bridge has an odd mix and TNG & Odyssey uniformed officers, which I'd assume to be an oversight?
    stark2k wrote: »
    So no TNG Skant?

Probably next week
    So the TNG giveaways haven't happened yet?
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    ok, I bought the bridge pack yesterday...really love it, but also have minor issues. The main issue still is "Bridge content"...this game desperately needs some. I honestly wouldn't mind to have doffing and admirality only available at specific consoles or NPC's on the bridge (readyroom) or Starfleet Academy, ESD... for Immersion's sake.

Then while I think 2000 Zen is mostly adequate, I would have liked to see more for it. The hangar deck under the bridge maybe, or at least the smaller hangar bay? Arboretum? Battle bridge?
    Go pro or go home
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »

Agreed - their reluctance seems to stem from a comment made somewhere, at some time, that interiors "don't sell". I can't say that I recall where this comment came from nor who made it, but that comment has always been quoted when the subject of interiors arises.

Which goes back to what you said about being disappointed about some of the comments being made. Me too. I mean, there is NOT an abundance of high-quality interiors for our ships - and I am talking FULL interiors here.

Looking at the Galaxy and the Intrepid interior and comparing them to previous offerrings, which were - in 95% of cases a bridge - nothing else, just a bridge - really does put things into perspective. There is no compairison. I mean, the 'Delta' bridge I use(d) on my Nova class is a mess! FAR too big for the ship it's most closely linked to, bugged to high heavens and, I'm sorry to say, a complete waste of Zen (in fact I'd argue that many of the older bridges should be removed from the store entirely, but that's another subject).

And I get that some think that 2000 zen is overpriced (although, as with anything that finds it's way to the C-store, no-one is forcing anyone to buy it) I, however, didn't have a problem with it. It's a full, high quality, interior which they've made it as functional as they possibilty could. If the price tag offends, I'm sure it'll pop up in a C-store sale before too long, or could be purchased using Zen purchased in a Zen sale.

Anyway - I for one hope it sells well. Whilst I suspect that we are more likely to see fantastic interiors produced as a result of inclusion in epsidodes, I would like to think that if the Galaxy interior sells well it might disprove the old notion that interiors don't sell and they might consider producing more - I for one would LOVE to see a Refit Constituion bridge/interior......

Here is the issue I have with it..

While I think the interior is great, 2k Zen.. to me.. seems to be way too much for an interior, especially considering that the interior is never used in any part of the game. The only purpose it serves is for you to occasionally go there and have a look around. While that's a cool feature, it costs almost as much as an entire ship.

My issue is that Cryptic has a way of making what they say true, and this is another example. They say that bridges don't sell well, but people continue to scream for them. So what do they do? They release a bridge that they know people want and they way overcharge for it. Then when people don't buy it.. they say 'see, we were right.. they don't sell' and they don't make any more.

I think the bridge is really nice, but other bridge packs are what? 400Zen? Even 1k for this would have been a but much.. but still within reason. 2k to me seems like way too much and I think Cryptic knows that. In fact, they're counting on it.

They don't like making bridges.

You hit the nail on the button.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    Also, as a point of reference, there is the Constitution bridge from the 23rd Century bundle.
    The bundle costs 2000 Zen too and has:
    -the full bridge and interior
    -the class-F shuttle
    -a level-scaling phaser pistol
    -3 costume packs

Plus, the bridge and interior also have:
    -interactive items for little but welcome details (like blast shutters and jefferies tubes)
    -2 trophy rooms (lounge and conference room)
    -a film grain graphical effect added recently
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    I‘m quite in favour of these film set bridges.
    However 2k Zen? That‘s rather expensive considering there is nothing to do there. That‘s really my main problem.
    If they added some functionality to it for example exchange, bank and mail access that would be at least something.
    The way it is I rather buy another T6 ship during a discount weekend.

If it just for visuals with no functionality nor any missions that take place I say 1k Zen would be more appropriate.
    As I said I would look forward to TOS movie era bridges. But not for 2k, not if there is nothing to do on it.
    Either lower the price or add at least some basic functionality.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    A battle-bridge?! Honestly, I think that's asking a bit too much. Sure, it's canon; but it's also canon the show abandoned the idea of the battle-bridge as soon as they could.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • brianduselbriandusel Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    baudl wrote: »
    ok, I bought the bridge pack yesterday...really love it, but also have minor issues. The main issue still is "Bridge content"...this game desperately needs some. I honestly wouldn't mind to have doffing and admirality only available at specific consoles or NPC's on the bridge (readyroom) or Starfleet Academy, ESD... for Immersion's sake.

Then while I think 2000 Zen is mostly adequate, I would have liked to see more for it. The hangar deck under the bridge maybe, or at least the smaller hangar bay? Arboretum? Battle bridge?

One thing I have recommended every chance I got, was being able to still navigate the ship from inside the bridge. That way, there would instantly be something to do inside the ship and honestly, we're just talking about map transfers, why couldn't that work? You just type in where you want to go and it keeps track of where you are on the map, just like normal space travel except you could sit in the Captain's Chair instead of just looking at the exterior of the ship. That instantly would make every ship bridge much more valuable.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    A battle-bridge?! Honestly, I think that's asking a bit too much. Sure, it's canon; but it's also canon the show abandoned the idea of the battle-bridge as soon as they could.

They didn't really abandon it, they just didn't really use it much outside of the pilot and BoBW. Honestly, it would have had more use in a show like DS9 during the Dominion War than TNG and it's focus on exploration.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User

They didn't really abandon it, they just didn't really use it much outside of the pilot and BoBW. Honestly, it would have had more use in a show like DS9 during the Dominion War than TNG and it's focus on exploration.

When you look at ships in development during that time, the Prometheus has 3 bridges, although never shown on screen. The computer could also control the other sections when needed, like in Message in a Bottle.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Auxiliary Control Center in TOS as well, e.g., 'The Doomsday Machine'. Used a number of times in TOS.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Not knocking anything, but this is my favorite bridge - for game use.
    46d71583f2e75f489981b13a372bd9b21383853946.jpg
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    I applaud the creation of a new player-ship interior and this is why I, at least for now, refuse to get it (even if I would currently play the hell out of STO which I don't at the moment):

Asked price vs. quality control or lack thereof:

- Its a macro-transaction; nothing which stopped me in the past but more often than not gave me buyers remorse; its not a wave-away price (at least not for me).

- The last interior I bought last year is another reason. End of last year I bought the constitution interior to complement the TOS char and her ships. About 3 happy months or so later all sitting NPCs in the ship (not the bridge; but all the other decks) clipped in their chairs and the ships floor; all talkable NPCs Sickbay, Kitchen, etc) had a completely different dialogue box head (those from the other stock interiors). That was of course reported with the ingame bug report at least two times and I'm sure also on the bug forums. As sadly usual in cases as such ("old stuff") it got ignored.

- Its most likely a one piece part again; not with modular bridge which also was the reason why I refused the Voy interior. Here that would not weight that heavy since I do have ships of the Galaxy class family on some chars and as main ship in one case but using a fresh & modern (artwork wise) interior together with the Odys Aquarius bridge would make me probably buy it regardless of poor QA... on a sale or when I'm drunk. Or both.

No, sadly its lack of quality control which should keep nice things nice which is why we can't have them.

And before it gets pointed out that the QA is capable and working hard: I actually do believe that; my critique it aimed at whomever refused to open up a working QA department. Fully staffed. With people. Multiple people. Not just the one overworked guy or gal doing it now.

Had I not been constantly been let down by Cryptics ability to take care of even their payed for items these 2k would have been ok. I would not write this; I would explore the Galaxy interior right now and complain about the uniform mishmash I read about (silently to myself).
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User

No, sadly its lack of quality control which should keep nice things nice which is why we can't have them.

And before it gets pointed out that the QA is capable and working hard: I actually do believe that; my critique it aimed at whomever refused to open up a working QA department. Fully staffed. With people. Multiple people. Not just the one overworked guy or gal doing it now.

Had I not been constantly been let down by Cryptics ability to take care of even their payed for items these 2k would have been ok. I would not write this; I would explore the Galaxy interior right now and complain about the uniform mishmash I read about (silently to myself).

And don't forget the 1701-A skin that they announced someone did on his own time for free. I'd be embarrassed if I was running Cryptic and that happened! So does that mean only real quality happens when someone cares and spends their own time doing it since the 'official' time is nothing but lockbox generation?
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User

And don't forget the 1701-A skin that they announced someone did on his own time for free. I'd be embarrassed if I was running Cryptic and that happened! So does that mean only real quality happens when someone cares and spends their own time doing it since the 'official' time is nothing but lockbox generation?

"don't forget"? I did not even knew that :p

But thats sadly so very Cryptic. Lots of passionate and talented individuals with totally no direction and higher ups that could not care less.
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    Who knows, maybe they will do that (as they have done two variants of the Intrepid interiors).
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010