Install Arc

What Do You Think? The Endeavor System

Comments

• grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    > @crashdragon said:
    > Free stuff is free.
    >
    > =3

Best to keep that a secret. We don't want to confuse people anymore than they already are.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    gotta say I liked how busy the undine space BZ was :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    Are they ever going to fix the mark boxes to feature competitive marks?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Endeavors got my first Character to go for the Nimbus Dance-off Accolade/Emote. Since I was going there for the Endeavor, I decided to run the entire Nimbus Arc. I had only done 'A Fistful of Gorn' and 'Installation 18' before.

I reran those as well to see what kind of substitute 'Law' you get, etc. That Character was to first to unlock the Transport System. The number of times I have been through Nimbus, I never realized there were Transport Nodes to begin with.

Also nice to see a very active Undine Battlezone.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    The number of times I have been through Nimbus, I never realized there were Transport Nodes to begin with.

you wouldn't have because they didn't exist until about a year ago, give/take a few months​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    Ah, that would explain it then. Thanks, I guess I am not that oblivious. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Is it just me, or are these coming at us more often now? It seems as if it's every other day.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Personally, I would like to see the system grant Lobi - maybe 2 or 3 per cycle, as well as 50-150 mark packages and best of all, refined dilithium maybe 500 -1,000 again per cycle.

As far as it being account - great. I think is should be account based....
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    Is it just me, or are these coming at us more often now? It seems as if it's every other day.

Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays (US) for as long as it's been out, so yeah, every other day except the weekend and I don't think the schedule will change.

• captaintroikacaptaintroika Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    A waste of time for the rewards it gives.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    The only real random item I have found useful is the 1/4 spec point which essentially gives you 1/4 of the experience points you need for a toon to get the next spec point, it's more useful on early level 60 toons.
    What was today's Endeavor? I logged on a Character, did an Elachi Red Alert, a CCA, and then a Sompek. Logged off and back on later to reset some Doff and Admiralty and noticed that I had the Endeavor Reward Box in my Inventory. Have no idea how I got it.

It seems I am getting more EC rewards now than when it first was introduced. Less Marks boxes also.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    What was today's Endeavor? I logged on a Character, did an Elachi Red Alert, a CCA, and then a Sompek. Logged off and back on later to reset some Doff and Admiralty and noticed that I had the Endeavor Reward Box in my Inventory. Have no idea how I got it.
    It was CCA.
    Fell right into that. I was just trying to pick up some Fleet Marks. Thanks. :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • benselassem#4731 benselassem Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    I believe it was the kill battleships/dreadnought thing...
    That was the one from Wednesday. Too bad we can't solo Starbase 24 anymore. Could have gotten the 25 right in that instead of having to run two or three different things.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Well, so far today's Endeavor is a bust. I went to the cave entrance on Nakura Prime for the Hard Mission 'Transdimensional Tactics'. Entered Queue Group, then transported into the Mission. Unfortunately, it was into the holding area, the rest of the Team was already in-mission but I could not get out of the holding area. The Mission finally ended and I was hit with a 2-hour AFK penalty because I did not participate. No sh*t Sherlock, you wouldn't let me participate.

First time I ever got one of those. There is Tweet up on the STO Twitter feed:

'@trekonlinegame: We're aware of the issues with today's Endeavor but may not be able to fix it in time due to the holiday. We'll keep you posted.'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    It's a kind of a shame that you must kill a Tholian Captain on Nukara Prime. Plenty of other places to kill Thol Capts.
  • jcsteelejcsteele Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    As I posted elsewhere, I tried the Nukara STF's; no good.

These people really need to plan this better.
    All over New Romulus.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Oh they bad language the devs are gonna have to endure tomorrow...
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    To paraphrase Teal'c

Indeed!
  • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    The Devs should also check to see if their new 'endeavors' interact with any other locations or queues. As was posted Tholian Captains are easily located elsewhere including in the Sompek arena. Since they were pushing the Sompek marathon event anyway why not reward us with endeavor completions at the same time?

The devs should also just award anyone that was on Nukara within the last 48 hrs with the Endeavor pack. I can't even recall how many Tholians I killed, including leaders, but since they didn't hold the title of Captain it was a waste of time.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
    I've never done any of the Hard (Red) Missions on Nukara, but I believe you can find a Captain there. I think it means going onto one of the other maps. On below and one in the caves.

That said, if someone were to ask me, I'd say remove this Endevor Mission from the roster in the future and replace it with a "Kill ANY Tholian Captain" Mission.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I've never done any of the Hard (Red) Missions on Nukara, but I believe you can find a Captain there. I think it means going onto one of the other maps. On below and one in the caves.

That said, if someone were to ask me, I'd say remove this Endevor Mission from the roster in the future and replace it with a "Kill ANY Tholian Captain" Mission.
    There are no Hard missions on Nukara. They were removed and turned into queues in 2013.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    Hey folks,

The Nukara issue has already been fixed, and will be ready for the next time this Endeavor comes around, but the fix does require a game update and we didn't want to bring the game down for a couple of hours during a long weekend.
    Why don't you just run two at once over the Weekend after you patch on Thursday?
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Well if you go to the cave for the Exterior or the Elevator in the Interior you can go to or enter a place that says HARD. It will get you into the Queue for those two Missions. Works just like the Borg, Tholian, or Elachi Red Alerts.

People can rightly think that there are HARD missions there, regardless of the mechanism used to get you into it.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns