test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] The Endeavor System!

Comments

• Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    I think that it wants a very rare component (rather than something like a console). I have no idea what one would be. Superior Tech Upgrade modules don't work, even though they're always very rare.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I did it - like an Emitter Array or some such component. Generally, if the Component needs Dilitium to make it then it is Very Rare.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    chemistrysetchemistryset Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    roamerza wrote: »
    I think there needs to be something posted somewhere to go into more detail on the requirements for the Endeavour reward. I have been playing this game for years, but today's Endeavour says start a very rare R&D project, so that is what I did with an Engineering Plasma Injector, with the very rare bar at over 100%, but I did not get the Endeavour reward.
    Can someone please explain?
    swamarian wrote: »
    I think that it wants a very rare component (rather than something like a console). I have no idea what one would be. Superior Tech Upgrade modules don't work, even though they're always very rare.

Is it really too hard to press "L" and read the mission´s description under the "In Progress" tab? Geez, people, seriously...

The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains is great news for stupid people.
  • Options
    Is it really too hard to press "L" and read the mission´s description under the "In Progress" tab? Geez, people, seriously...

Yes, because if I want to see a missions description, I click on it, which doesn't work on Endeaver missions. (Also, I wouldn't have clicked on L, I would have clicked on J, but that's neither here not there.) Also, the research UI declares everything to be common, so that's useless as well.
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    So do you have to already be at a certain R&D level to complete this Endeavor System task? If so this is a first for this new Endeavor System isn't it? Hopefully I'm just missing something & it can be completed by anyone level 60 & I just gotta figure out how.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    The fact that I have to use REFINED dil just to complete the current endeavor turns me off from doing it completely, however I hope it at least acts as a kind of dil sinc.
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,766 Arc User
    So far, it's been super easy to do. Can't complain. :: double thumbs up with a bow tie ::
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    Components can be created very very early on in Crafting Leveling.

I told you an easy way to identify a Very Rare Component. If the Component requires Dilitium in its creation, it is Very Rare. The item must say COMPONENT.

You make one VR Component it will cost 500 Dilitium. Odds are you will get 1,000 to 2,000 back from the reward.

The Reward box is Account Bound, so a Character that can craft can do the Endeavor and give the box to another Character on your Account, if that one cannot craft at all.

Setting up that Endeavor takes less time than my explanation here. Those VR Components take 30 Minutes to 'come out of the oven all baked'.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    So do you have to already be at a certain R&D level to complete this Endeavor System task? If so this is a first for this new Endeavor System isn't it? Hopefully I'm just missing something & it can be completed by anyone level 60 & I just gotta figure out how.
    5 you can't make vr components until level 5.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    You make one VR Component it will cost 500 Dilitium. Odds are you will get 1,000 to 2,000 back from the reward.
    [SNIP]

You might want to check that again. The 500 Dil Components (like Isolinear Circuitry) are only RARE. The VR ones (like Isolinear Chip) cost 4,000 Dil to make.

Not such a great deal to spend 4,000 Dil in order to have a chance to gain 1,000 Dil. In fact, it's rather a ripoff.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    both 500 and 4K components are very rare​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    vorwoda wrote: »
    [SNIP]
    You might want to check that again. The 500 Dil Components (like Isolinear Circuitry) are only RARE. The VR ones (like Isolinear Chip) cost 4,000 Dil to make.

Not such a great deal to spend 4,000 Dil in order to have a chance to gain 1,000 Dil. In fact, it's rather a ripoff.
    I completed the task by starting a project for a 500 dil circuit....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    both 500 and 4K components are very rare​​

I stand corrected. My apologies. I could have sworn the 500 ones were Rare.
  • Options
    ainstleyainstley Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    I guess there are two ways to respond on the forums

Like ...
    "Hi guys. You can get more details by pushing the L Button"

and this way ...

Post edited by ainstley on
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
    ainstley wrote: »
    "Hi guys. You can get more details and by pushing the L Button"

I don't think it's a good idea to specifiy the button to press, because:
    I wouldn't have clicked on L, I would have clicked on J.

Naming the button only works if a player hasn't remapped their keybinds!

So it's best to identify the function (Mission Log) instead of the key.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    5 you can't make vr components until level 5.

Thanks Mr. markhawkman. Good luck to everyone on this Endeavor task. I hope you all get at least your 500 dilithium back.

• Options
    tilarta wrote: »
    ainstley wrote: »
    "Hi guys. You can get more details and by pushing the L Button"

I don't think it's a good idea to specify the button to press, because:
    I wouldn't have clicked on L, I would have clicked on J.

Naming the button only works if a player hasn't remapped their keybinds!

So it's best to identify the function (Mission Log) instead of the key.

Neither one of us have remapped our keys. L brings up logs, and J the mission journal. They're different tabs on the same window.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    Some games identify what key has been mapped and display it when necessarily.
  • Options
    Components can be created very very early on in Crafting Leveling.

I told you an easy way to identify a Very Rare Component. If the Component requires Dilitium in its creation, it is Very Rare. The item must say COMPONENT.

The Reward box is Account Bound, so a Character that can craft can do the Endeavor and give the box to another Character on your Account, if that one cannot craft at all.

Setting up that Endeavor takes less time than my explanation here. Those VR Components take 30 Minutes to 'come out of the oven all baked'.

Mmm... Baked components.
  • Options
    Like to sprinkle some sugar on it later. :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    Guess I won't be doing Fleet stuff in that as I am not part of any Fleet.
  • Options
    That's a temporary problem that I could help you with. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    Fleet one appears to not be account wide, ground a few doffs I had sitting on a KDF char went to a Fed char and the counter is empty. No biggie but thought I'd point that out.
  • Options

Honestly, I cannot comprehend why anyone would not want to be in a fleet.
    Because all they are doing is inconveniencing themselves.
    There are so many vendors that are only available to players with reasonably progressed fleets that provide nice items.

Yes, I am aware that most items can be obtained by being invited to a fleet base that sells them, but in order to do so, you need to be in a fleet in order to earn fleet credits.
    And note, I said MOST ITEMS.
    Fleet Ships can only be obtained by being in the Fleet with the shipyard.

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    They can give out an Account reward for doing a specific task and can do it only once for the Account per time period. The excuse that the guy left who designed the system of giving out Lobi once per day per Account during the Featured Episode Rerun so they no long know how to do that, is no longer a valid excuse.

If we have a Featured Episode Rerun and they do not give out any 'bonus' rewards, such as the Lobi, it was all a crock excuse last year. They just didn't want to part with the Lobi.

It is now about 13 Months since they ran the Featured Episode Rerun so it is about time for another. All those Temporal Recruits are due for the Unique Boffs and Items that really should be part of the standard rewards for those Episodes to begin with. I mean, they are Unique so you can only get them once per Character anyway.

The Kobali Outfit from 'Dust to Dust' should be added back into that Episode regardless.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    They can give out an Account reward for doing a specific task and can do it only once for the Account per time period. The excuse that the guy left who designed the system of giving out Lobi once per day per Account during the Featured Episode Rerun so they no long know how to do that, is no longer a valid excuse.

If we have a Featured Episode Rerun and they do not give out any 'bonus' rewards, such as the Lobi, it was all a crock excuse last year. They just didn't want to part with the Lobi.

I never saw an excuse last year. I saw a vague statement a year or so before that along the lines of them trying to figure out what to do about the Lobi. My impression then and now was that they meant how to run the thing without giving out Lobi.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    anodynes wrote: »

My impression then and now was that they meant how to run the thing without giving out Lobi.

So assuming this information to be an accurate assessment of the situation, they don't want to give us Lobi crystals?
    And therefore, the one thing, the only thing that would get me invested in Endeavoring is never going to happen.
    It is now about 13 Months since they ran the Featured Episode Rerun so it is about time for another. All those Temporal Recruits are due for the Unique Boffs and Items that really should be part of the standard rewards for those Episodes to begin with. I mean, they are Unique so you can only get them once per Character anyway.

In my personal experience, there are players so Ferengi in attitude that as soon as they get that Special BOFF from a rerun, it instantly goes on Exchange.
    Maybe they make diposable alt characters to get it, maybe they are just so invested in EC that they don't care they're giving up a unique BOFF.
    Based on the above reason, I'm thinking those BOFFs should be character bind-on-pickup.
    Really, who would sell a BOFF everyone can get for free at the right time? :D

• Options
    uh, those boffs ARE CBoP now...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Any four of those items, Cane, Shard, Reman Boff, and Breen Boff are ALL Character Bind on Pickup (CBoP) as stated and are UNIQUE, so that you can NEVER have more than one on a Character.

Note: If this Repkay comes back, be sure to clear the first three Episodes of the Yesterday's War Arc as it will block advancement into the Breen Arc otherwise.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns