test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Summer Event!

Comments

• Options
    monjii11monjii11 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Well darn, was hoping it would be a science ship so that my klink/rom chars could have a chance in the admiralty system :(
    Still, don't have any dedicated carriers, and an extra ship is always good, so I'll be grabbing it anyway. Of course this means another few weeks of GRIIIIND after the MI has already given me burnout >.<
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    but unlike mirror, you only have to do this on ONE character, as the ship is an account-wide unlock - and the task to earn the ship tokens only takes about 5 minutes, though it may be a bit tricky at first if you've never used a floater before​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    monjii11 wrote: »
    Well darn, was hoping it would be a science ship so that my klink/rom chars could have a chance in the admiralty system :(

Carriers usually are science ships.
    I'm curious how the store unlock will work now that Master Relaxer is presumably gone.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    swamarian wrote: »
    monjii11 wrote: »

Its probably going to be Engie heavy. We do have an Engie heavy Carrier in game already in the form of the Mirror Vo'Quv. And someone in another thread did point out a pattern. We have 3 events that give a ship, and we NEVER get the same kind of ship twice in a row.
    Last Anniversary Event we got the Lukari Science ship.
    This Summer Event we're getting a Carrier, most likely Engie heavy.
    This Winter Event we may very well get a T6 Breen Raider.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    jenicazarinajenicazarina Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Can we please, please, PLEASE be able to turn in our Cherry Epohhs, PLEASE???

My inventory can't take much more!!!
    Resistance is never futile!

800S3a8.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    • new kit module should be amusing; an all-access alternative to the tripwire mine;
    • training manuals for the Risian kit modules (including this new one, I would trust) are long overdue, and are appreciated. I also imagine this will become the case for the WW modules as well
    Praise the Son! \o/

Seriously, I have been waiting for this since they first started making winter kit modules.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Anyone using Sandstorm on the beaches of Risa should be ashamed of yourselves.

Shame. *wags finger*
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Anyone using Sandstorm on the beaches of Risa should be ashamed of yourselves.

Shame. *wags finger*

It's cool if you do it while playing Darude Sandstorm, though, right?
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »
    That rash guards swimwear doesn't even look like swimwear. Looks like shorts and a shirt. I hope it's useable outside of swimwear categories. I really wish there were t6 Risian themed ships. It's a summer event after all not a Vorgon event. The pets are kinda cool though.

The first time we see Risa on TNG was the episode with the Vorgon 'time police' couple. Considering upcoming 30th Anniversary of TNG, I say, why not?

Yes I'd like to see T6 versions of Risa ships, but I wouldn't mind the upcoming Vorgon carrier. :)
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    same floater event for ship? did they ever add duty officer assignments to get the general event currency?
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Like many, I love the look of that Vorgon ship. Lovely we get it.

Oh, and biathlon? If I'm anywhere near as good as our representation, I shall rack up wins...
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    toiva wrote: »
    Like many, I love the look of that Vorgon ship. Lovely we get it.

Oh, and biathlon? If I'm anywhere near as good as our representation, I shall rack up wins...

Biathilon? Ugh.
    I have enough problems with the regular powerboard race.
    I will try it, but afraid I will be walking away from the course hanging my Klingon head in shame.
    I will never get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd to even unlock the new boards and floaters. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    did they ever add duty officer assignments to get the general event currency?

I don't know, but I'd like it if they did. Shouldn't be all that hard* just to add a dozen or so DOff missions to the event.

*says the guy who knows enough about coding to know he's not good enough to code
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    O my.. all those old kit modules going training manuals.. it's going to be insane with boffs spamming those abilities.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    swamarian wrote: »
    I'm curious how the store unlock will work now that Master Relaxer is presumably gone.

Master Relaxer was never needed for the store unlock, was it?
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Its probably going to be Engie heavy. We do have an Engie heavy Carrier in game already in the form of the Mirror Vo'Quv. And someone in another thread did point out a pattern. We have 3 events that give a ship, and we NEVER get the same kind of ship twice in a row.
    Last Anniversary Event we got the Lukari Science ship.
    This Summer Event we're getting a Carrier, most likely Engie heavy.
    This Winter Event we may very well get a T6 Breen Raider.

In case you're referring to me: my reasoning starts the pattern with Winter Wonderland - since that was the first event after T6, and the pattern would be

1st year: winter: Sarr Theln (sci); anniversary: Samsar (eng); summer: Nandi (tac)
    2nd year: winter: Rezreth (eng); anniversary: Krenim Science Vessel (sci); summer: Xyfius (tac)
    3rd year: winter: Chell Boalg (tac); anniversary: Ho'kuun (sci); summer: Ryn'Kodan (eng?)

So next winter could be anything by that reasoning. Odds are, in my opinion, the T6 Plesh Brek is coming up, completing the T6ing of the breen ships. Which would in turn mean eng and sci for the next anniversary and summer, so peeps looking for a sci ship for their admiralty roster may have over a year to wait - especially since we didn't have a Vorgon sci vessel yet, it'd be indeed my guess that eng will be at the anniversary and no new sci event ship until Risa '18.
    tigeraries wrote: »
    did they ever add duty officer assignments to get the general event currency?

Not in summer, so far. Would be surprised if that changes.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    As always we'd like to invite the community to come visit Risa for the annual Xean XTERN1TY Memorial Givaways.

We'll have ships, keys, gear and tens of thousands of lohlunats available for pop-up giveaways spread across every day of the Risa event.

Keep your eyes peeled and on zone chat!

i'll participate if my time zone allows it.. :smiley:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    djf021 wrote: »
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    Well I am looking forward to my account's characters' first Summer event on Risa. I like that they have a balance between the Winter & the Summer events! What I am not amused about is why Cryptic has this attitude that a newer player cannot earn previous ships because in typical Cryptic fashion they are going to have some synergy perk between the (2) Vorgon ships. This new Ryn'Kodan does look awesome. Also, I am hoping they make this event account wide unlock. This Mirror Invasion event being per character is a bit exhausting with my (8) characters & I know many players probably have much more than that LOL. I am hoping this will be more fun than the Mirror Invasion event which has it's ups & downs with the AFKers.
    Yes, unless they make a major shift from the last few years, the ship will be account-wide unlock. It's a shame you didn't get the older ships, but watch out for the Phoenix pack in the future.

I think it's worse that Cryptic doesn't offer any method of earning past ships besides that dilithium Phoenix Prize Pack. Also, pretty certain the Xyfius wasn't included in the Phoenix Prize Pack ... at least not yet. I participated in the last Phoenix Prize Pack event, it was my 1st, & enjoyed it but it also was VERY costly to me in dilithium & zilch luck on the gambling for the a top ship. I was hoping for that Kobali Samsar out of what was offered.

That taught me that since there are no official odds not to participate in the Key &/or R&D Pack gambling neither especially since that involves real-money. Since there are past ships I could see a path laid out that would require effort to earn for newer players, I'm willing to put in the grind, but I think the no guarantee makes the current method seem like a sham.

I do think it would be cool to offer the Xyfius as a possible pet for this Ryn'Kodan, an extra boon for the players that own it I guess because you know Cryptic will tie-in the consoles OR they will tie-in this Carrier console with some new Zen Store ship that will release near the same time LOL. During the last ship sale that is why I passed on a couple of ship packages. It just seems Cryptic takes a more excluding newer players stance than including & how would that be negative? Usually I don't go for the "fluff" stuff that doesn't help progress my character, but those Caracals do look adorable dang it.
  • Options
    slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    Dang. I was really hoping for some lingerie outfits for my characters.
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I don't even care about the new boards, I have Future Flyers for all my toons, and I have good floaters too.

You know, come to think of it...I think I got all the girls the tiger striped floaters last year.
    Not sure the Biathlon gold/silver/bronze can get me out of tiger stripes.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    jenicazarinajenicazarina Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    As always we'd like to invite the community to come visit Risa for the annual Xean XTERN1TY Memorial Givaways.

We'll have ships, keys, gear and tens of thousands of lohlunats available for pop-up giveaways spread across every day of the Risa event.

Keep your eyes peeled and on zone chat!

Oh, you mean Starfleet Dental? No thanks, I'll pass
    Resistance is never futile!

800S3a8.jpg
  • Options
    vnexusvnexus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    -- Whats this insane heresy about no night cycle ? Night time is the most relaxing time to most animals o.o
  • Options
    Is the colorful Risa palette going to be available for the Rash Guard swimwear??
    And are the tops and bottoms separate so we can mix and match with other swim wear and Hawaiian shirts?

• Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Is the colorful Risa palette going to be available for the Rash Guard swimwear??
    And are the tops and bottoms separate so we can mix and match with other swim wear and Hawaiian shirts?

There's a ton of colors available for the Rash Guards, and you can definitely mix and match with bottoms.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    vnexus wrote: »
    -- Whats this insane heresy about no night cycle ? Night time is the most relaxing time to most animals o.o

Risan environmental engineers (working for the most powerful resort on the planet) went one step further and tidally locked the planet. Now, it's a beautiful tropical afternoon no matter the hour (for our resort.) The rest of the planet's population...meh, why worry. It's the summer event!
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »
    That rash guards swimwear doesn't even look like swimwear. Looks like shorts and a shirt. I hope it's useable outside of swimwear categories.

They should be, considering that four of the swimwear tops migrated to the Off Duty category at some point (mini-t, criss-cross, retro, sling). But yeah, shorts & t-shirts. :|

(speaking of off-duty swimwear tops... anyone else have the mini-t start clipping their shoulders recently?)
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Woot.
    ~wonders if she can get a date with the 2 hot dance instructors~
    dvZq2Aj.jpg