test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Summer Event!

Comments

• Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Vaipen, indeed. Heck I wear 'hot pants' speedos that I bought locally when at the beach and they're comfortable, dry decently quick, and when wet don't feel all that cold on you. You can even throw shorts over them when leaving the beach. I hope to find purple and black ones next because praise Vanu spandex is OP (a joke nobody would ever understand but won't stop me from making it anyways).
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Hey, if Risa's crashing on you, can you send me your @handle? The team's going to look into seeing what happened.

Happens to me.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    mathewprime1mathewprime1 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Hey, if Risa's crashing on you, can you send me your @handle? The team's going to look into seeing what happened.
    @captainmathew
    Fleet Admiral Mathew Prime.
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    I haven't visited Risa yet, but it sounds like Cryptic is being proactive with this so hopefully it'll be fixed before the Summer event begins.
  • Options
    sharmutashlikha#2072 sharmutashlikha Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    @sharmutashlikha#2072
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog.

She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Nog.
    Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Nog.

• Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User

@bloodyriz​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    vaipen wrote: »
    Why do men have to wear these stupid swim shorts that have built-in identity crises so that they look like normal pants that are way too short or shorts that are way too long? I remember men wearing what they now call hotpants. Check Magnum P.I. and they all wore proper shorts. Check James Bond in the 60's and he wore proper shorts, including a belt.

I wouldn't be caught dead in these 'modern' shorts that make men look they are ashamed of their upper legs. Imagine walking around in the sun a long time, for a few days and get a tan. When they lift up the shorts they will appear to wear over-the-knee socks because from just above the knee its all white.

Why does one wear shorts anyway? Because it is bloody hot and you wanna feel the wind on your legs to cool them down. It is near impossible these days to get normal men's shorts. Even the shortest are too long.

Damn women can wear anything they like and then men can't wear it anymore because they get told they wear women's clothes! What is left for us to wear?

I cannot wait until this stupid **** fashion is over and gone and men can wear normal short shorts again as we did for decades.

When my neices saw pictures of my brothers and I when we were kids (around the early '80s), they freaked out. As if something was going to pop out or something while wearing shorts. Something that only 'clam-digger' shorts could contain.

Very strange.
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited June 2017

There's a whole thread about this in "PC Gameplay Bug Reports"; it was started a week and a half ago.

Crashing on Risa Resort map.

EDIT: Why is the name "ambassadorkael" not formatted correctly in quotes?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    vaipenvaipen Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    vaipen wrote: »
    Why do men have to wear these stupid swim shorts that have built-in identity crises so that they look like normal pants that are way too short or shorts that are way too long? I remember men wearing what they now call hotpants. Check Magnum P.I. and they all wore proper shorts. Check James Bond in the 60's and he wore proper shorts, including a belt.

I wouldn't be caught dead in these 'modern' shorts that make men look they are ashamed of their upper legs. Imagine walking around in the sun a long time, for a few days and get a tan. When they lift up the shorts they will appear to wear over-the-knee socks because from just above the knee its all white.

Why does one wear shorts anyway? Because it is bloody hot and you wanna feel the wind on your legs to cool them down. It is near impossible these days to get normal men's shorts. Even the shortest are too long.

Damn women can wear anything they like and then men can't wear it anymore because they get told they wear women's clothes! What is left for us to wear?

I cannot wait until this stupid **** fashion is over and gone and men can wear normal short shorts again as we did for decades.

When my neices saw pictures of my brothers and I when we were kids (around the early '80s), they freaked out. As if something was going to pop out or something while wearing shorts. Something that only 'clam-digger' shorts could contain.

Very strange.

I remember my father wearing shorts with a belt back in the 70's. There was an article in my news app a while ago where the writer, who must obviously be a young person, wrote it looked (have to look that word up - 'droll, ludicrous, comical', when men would wear shorts, or short shorts, since no longer the word 'short' reflects what it used to.

I made it a point here because it triggered me to see how games follow the current fashion, which is understandable. But if you look closely at the knees of the men comparing them to the women, there is no noticeable difference. :-) I might congratulate myself for being the first and only to ever look at men's knees in this game. :-) It seems the men look girly enough, or the women look boyish enough. is there any woman who plays this game would would argue that men have ugly legs in real life? I would think that women would like the manly form just as men like the woman form. So there is no reason for men to wear shorts that are too long.

Notice that Murdock, Dwight Schultz, in the A-Team always wore pants that were slightly too short, which usually means there is something wrong with someone. Just as in comedies the nerd has a short neck and the hero archetype always has a sturdy chin. When I was young this was understood, modern young people are wearing shorts of which back in the 70's and 80's we would say 'what a moron, learn to dress properly'.

I had to look up what clam-digger shorts were. But if they are shorts, then from what length do we talk about trousers or pants?

It seems that men hide in fashion not to be noticed and not to stand out. So all wear these shorts they wear these days. You should see what eyes I beget just wearing a bright mutli-colored Hawaiian shirt, like Tom Paris would going to a party. One I ordered on Amazon UK, otherwise they are not available here. The German company didn't ship to my country, so a fried ordered it then sent it to me. It came with plastic flowers, as if such shirts are only worn at Hawaiian-themed parties.

What men can wear is severely limited. Certain colors, motifs and fabrics will get being accused of being TRIBBLE or worse. Leggings used to be worn by both men and women. There were times when only men wore them. Like Jeans, meant for miners. Boots as well, look at old paintings. Anyway, it is all utter nonsense, fashion. But men should reclaim the audacity to wear whatever they want. And for that reason all men should stop accusing each other for being 'TRIBBLE' when they dress outside the oppressive cultural sanctioned style imposed on us by society.

Therefore in STO we should be able to wear ALL clothes, including short shorts. After all, in TOS men would wear dresses and that was progressive. That notion is lost on Cryptic. Therefore they are sexist. I think it is time for men to burn their shorts, like women would burn bra's and eMANcipate once more.

• Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited June 2017

Yup. Happen to me, too.
    @zedbrightlander

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User

@smokebailey
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Strangely enough I don't seem to be having this issue at all.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Guess I'd better head to Risa to make sure I don't have crash issues and can actually enjoy the event.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
    We've looked into this issue and a fix is being put into place. I'll have more info for you later today.
  • Options
    sharmutashlikha#2072 sharmutashlikha Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    We've looked into this issue and a fix is being put into place. I'll have more info for you later today.
    That's good news, hopefully it works, too...
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog.

She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Nog.
    Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Nog.

• Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    All this kinda feels underwhelming after last year's distressingly sexy hula gorn girl shirts. And without the day/night cycle, half the magic of Risa is basically dead.

That said, daytime Risa is still a treat, free ships for easy grinds is never a truly bad thing, and any excuse to run around in a bikini followed by a pink tentacle monster is a win in my book. Aloha, beaches!
  • Options
    galactickirigalactickiri Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    The Rash Guard swimwear has some promise...if we can use it off duty as well. Otherwise, waste of grind time.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Strangely enough I don't seem to be having this issue at all.
    Me neither I went and flew around for a while just to see, nothing.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jexsamx wrote: »
    And without the day/night cycle, half the magic of Risa is basically dead.

They got rid of that? WTF??

• Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User

They got rid of that? WTF??

Yep. Lighting 2.0 got rid of the day/night cycle on Risa and Bajor. Appearently it would be way too much work to bring it back. Pity...
  • Options

Thanks. You rock!
    Y945Yzx.jpg
  • Options
    szim wrote: »
    Yep. Lighting 2.0 got rid of the day/night cycle on Risa and Bajor. Appearently it would be way too much work to bring it back. Pity...

Has to do with something with the fact that Risa is the only planet with a functional day/night and that breaks something in the new FX. Weird, because many other MMOs have it and it works well. Doesn't look very good on Cryptic's part. No sunsets, no unauthorized beach parties...this sucks some of the fun out of the place.

• Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User

:: double thumbs up with a bow tie ::
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Night stuff still occurs, beach parties still occur. You just need sunglasses when attending. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    zebgodwinzebgodwin Member Posts: 53 Arc User

@zebgodwin - happening with multiple characters. One I can't even log in with to get him off of Risa.

Foundry Missions by @zebgodwin
    Trouble in Trimble: An illicit Reman colony is under attack by Orion pirates. Will you defend the colony or arrest its only defender?
    Paying the Price: You must protect an uncontacted pre-warp civilization from Orion slavers, without violating the Prime Directive.
    The Mirror of Infinity: To save your ship, you must convince the descendants of the crew of the long-lost USS Infinity to work with their mortal enemies - their Mirror Universe counterparts. Part of the USS Infinity Foundry Roundtable Challenge.
    The Tholian Tempest: A rescue mission on a Y-class world leaves the away team stranded inside a Shakespeare play while under attack by Tholians and Gorn.
    The Trafalgar Paradox: A mission to locate a missing Starfleet vessel leads the away team into a mind-bending temporal paradox.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Fix is in for tomorrow in the Patch.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    daderganonumbersdaderganonumbers Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    No crashes for me so far. I am not immune. @daderganonumbers
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I agree wholeheartedly with you there, I loved dancing on the beach until sunset and into the night. The event is going to be a bit boring for me now the second time around.