test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Did the rebalancing ruin all your builds?

totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
Yes it ruined ALL my builds AGAIN like last time.

Did it increase the fun for me?
The answer is NO!

Consequence: Cryptic turned me from a paying supporting STO player into a casual player who will not spend any money on STO anymore. In the past I always hoped STO will be supported for long time. Now i just dont care anymore about its future. Good news for other game providers, I will play their games more now.

Comments

• Options
    postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    My builds cannot be ruined as I am not trying to be the bestest - I might not have bothered parsing a run this year.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    nope, actually got a good number of buffs.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    My build is pretty much intact. I didn't stack science consoles to start with from the fleet store and the plasma leech console was easily replaced with another console that helped boost my power levels without buildup. Things take a little longer to kill but not much longer and honestly I'm happy because my staying power feels just as good as it was before patch if not a little better.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    If your builds were ruined, odds are you were using broken or wildly unbalanced things that have indeed been brought into line.

I mean, that's not guaranteed to be the case, but it probably is.
  • Options
    mooncrystalpowermooncrystalpower Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    Well, I was using plasma exploders and FBP and everything before, so I simply changed all that nerfed stuff out, made a newish build and ta da! No problems so far! Experiment with new builds!! ~-~º(^v^')ºv~-~
    l6aD2g7.gif
    I am the one, the ORIGINAL/Official Sailor Moon of STO! ~-~º(^v~)ºv~-~
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Too early to tell for me since I am primarily focusing on ground combat at the moment. I'll know by the weekend, though I suspect it should not be bad. I can do fine in advanced queue missions without the need to use fleet or reputation gear.
  • Options
    corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    Q: Did the changes ruin my builds?
    A: No.

Q: Did the changes increase my fun?
    A: No. They didn't decrease it either so, ...

I barely noticed any of the changes. I build. mostly, "balanced", semi-canon ships that are fun, to me, to fly and use and fit in with my fictional background story of my fictional characters. I don't try to build "the best" ships I can and I don't try to squeeze every fractional drop of DPS or whatever, out of my ships.

Cryptic would have to completely redesign how ship mechanics worked to "ruin" one of my builds.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Nope. I'm still playing STO on easy mode as a result of playing the game my own way and paying no attention to the meta.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    3 of my characters' ships got a new weapon slot, and the 4th one got more resilient hangar pets, a stronger photonic fleet and gained 4 more pets locked in BFaW mode to replace the nerfed Plasmonic Leech console.

So no, I'm very fine here.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    In theory, some of my builds are fine and some will need readjustment. I'm an avid ship builder, so I spread out my ship builds across different builds so any adjustments to power is bound to hit one or several of them in either positive or negative ways. That is fine by me though, since it gives me a chance to explore new ways to build ships once again.

That said, I couldn't really test right now since NPC difficulty scaling was borked coming into S13 (Advanced and Elite queues were spawning normal mobs). Once that is fixed, I can get a better idea on how the final changes have affected all my builds, and then I will adjust accordingly.
  • Options
    pattonianpattonian Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Adapt, improvise and overcome.....
    Or whine, moan and quit, it's up to you....
    khan11.jpg
    "Khan Noonien Singh is the most dangerous adversary the Enterprise ever faced. He is brilliant, ruthless,
    and he will not hesitate to kill every single one of you."
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I, also, not following the crowd when it comes to my ships....did not notice a change in performance.
    Though, there are a few things I am more curious about...like that Tyken's Rift. Never bothered with using it before.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    sykes79sykes79 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    I took a ship that was previously doing 60k to 70k into ISA today. It got about 34k which to be honest I'm happy with, that's still more than I need to get through advanced content. It's likely to be higher when cryptic fix the issue with npcs being a lower level than you in pve ques. I haven't even changed my skill tree or taken out my embassy science consoles yet so there is still a lot I could do to improve the build. I think the game will be a lot more enjoyable as I'll be encouraged to experiment and try new things. I think all my builds will be far more varied.
    SyD2j3q.jpg
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    postinggum wrote: »
    My builds cannot be ruined as I am not trying to be the bestest - I might not have bothered parsing a run this year.

Yup, never parsed a run either. Most I can say is that I can place on CCA fairly regularly. I don't min-max just run whatever I feel like at the time or whatever new set is out there.
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    Kinda of hard to ruin my builds that got ruined during Delta Rising. I have never been able to recover. My Tac Captain used to be able to shut down my opponents, then take her time to take them out. Now she's hitting harder, but weaker than wet tissue paper. Now even if a fly sneezes, her ship blows up.
  • Options
    neocatstarneocatstar Member Posts: 240 Arc User
    it took me down from my previous effectiveness, i cant shield kill as well but since i had everything upgraded the nerf didnt defeat me:
    screenshot_2017-04-25-23-21-22.jpg

I can live with it, but i havent tried it in pvp yet so idk how that will affect my performance there, Luna has an iconian dread, im not sure what its geared with but its a nightmare to go against!! But i could hold my own for a while against her, we will see how i do the next time we fight.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    No, not really. I couldn't really tell the difference in gameplay.

Might try some new builds now, though, experimenting with Photonic Shockwave and Charged article Burst for example.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    The builds I've played so far seem better to me <shrug>.
  • Options
    node31#9773 node31 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Today i just try my old tac build with cannons, and I removed only embassy consoles, plasmonic is still there because even with nerf it's still better to have +7 an all subsystems than only on one or two... And after that slightly modifications I perform in it much better then before patch, just because right now rapid fire and all that tac "all DMG" buff's are insane combo...
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    Well I use two of the rarest builds in game and I think I got boosted. Mines do way more damage as long as I stay away from the new rep mine and hanger pets do way more damage plus I now have more pets out then ever before, 5 frigates, 1 cruiser, 4 drones.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Made no difference to me, other than my pets being better at surviving, so you could say I was buffed in that respect.
    My tactical character is still the best compared to my Engineering and Science characters, but my main will still be my Engineer.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Of the couple I tested before the server died neither one was worse off.

Carrier was better due to having pets survive a lot more and last long enough to do something useful.

Torp bomber was pretty much the same but my HY torps did a bit more.

I don't think it's a disaster unless you've been unfortunate enough to have been using the most OP cheese-fest of a build for years with no other ideas up your sleeves.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    All my build were much more effective... against level 46 enemies :p

Forgot about the pets. Now I can't wait to try my Aquatic carrier again.
  • Options
    e30erneste30ernest Member Posts: 1,794 Arc User
    We'll really see how good or bad builds have become after today's patch. Really looking forward to the NPC fixes so that I can properly test and gauge stuff.
  • Options
    risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    Doubt it, I've never relied on broken gear and abilities and I've never been affected by past nerfs.
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    Something to take note of folks.

DPS is like a handicap in golf.

You need a good 20 parses to get a reliable average.
    Don't be so quick to judge. Bad runs happen. Sometimes 1 person eats all the DPS. Sometimes the timing is off.
    Get a good handful of runs in before making a final judgment.

*I didn't get to play last night*
    *Will be here moaning by tomorrow*
    :tongue:
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Until the NPC scaling issue is fixed where doing an advanced or elite is putting you in combat with NPC's scaled to normal difficulty I can't really answer this question as I've been unable to test my build on Holodeck against the right level enemy
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.