test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What movie describes your worst pug run

Just wondering if there is a movie that describes the worst pug run you ever experienced. Mine would be Conan the Destroyer.
Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).

Comments

• tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    "One who flew over the cuckoo's nest", or any other nuthouse movie I might've seen that I don't remember.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Beavis and Butthead do america
  • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    I love running Miner Instabilities Elite.

Since the ground readjustments, however, there are a huge number of people who seem to have rolled Engineer or Science alts, and have absolutely no TRIBBLE idea how those professions work on the ground.

So lately, it's been a lot of Blackhawk Down.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Forest Gump
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    The Lego Movie. Because Everything Is Awesome!
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Gone in 60 Seconds...

...because that's how long it took the other four people in the Advanced Tzenkethi Front to quit and run like cowards today, leaving me all by myself.

Needless to say, we lost.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs

Because hell if people can't figure out what boss to prioritize in Disconnected...
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    50 shades of grey.
    because being tractor beamed and totally destroyed didn't feel nice
  • ev1taev1ta Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    This neatly describes it.

apocalypse-now-hd-wallpapers.jpg
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    The Force Awakens because I just know what I just watched I've seen before.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    Any Which Way You Can, specifically the Black Widows
    HzLLhLB.gif

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,309 Community Moderator
    Blink, because it was over just that quickly. It was my very first run at Arena of Sompek, so I (and apparently everyone else) didn't know what to expect. As soon as we were given the green light, we were all dead. Never knew what hit me. Needless to say, didn't let that happen again.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    lowy1 wrote: »
    Any Which Way You Can, specifically the Black Widows

I don't think i've seen that one. You've twisted my arm to download as i loved the 1st film Any Which But Loose
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Dumb and Dumber, cause my group mates seemed to be doing their best audition for the title roles ...
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
      Saving Private Ryan - storming the beaches while your teammates are gunned down, no medic in sight. Trying to stay alive and make it to the end.
    • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
      Either what Christopher Lee said about The Howling 2, which was "The less said about it, the better", or Syfy Channel's Raptor Island, which is "WTF were they smokin' because the Raptors DON'T CARE IF THEY'RE GETTING SHOT IN THE BUTT! OH LOOK! BOB DIED RIGHT NEXT TO ME! I'LL GO BACK TO EATING THIS GUY WHILE I GET SHOT!"
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
      Fear and loathing in Las Vegas. For when the old lighting bug was happening and I was in some bad pugs. Whole thing looked like a horrible acid trip. Especially the voth battlezone.
      Or
      The indiana jones scene with the pistol and the sword (in some amusing pvp).
      Or
      Apocalypse now, for those special times when only extreme prejudice will suffice.
      Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
      "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
    • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
      Suicide Squad. Everyone but me attacked the nanite transformer, and allowed the borg to repair it. That used to happen a lot.
      Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
    • oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
      Attack of the Killer Tomatoes....because spamming the Crystaline Antiproton Torpedo.
      AGpDi8m.gif
      I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
    • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
      The Good The Bad and The Ugly... Says it all....
    • kaarruukaarruu Member Posts: 133 Arc User
      Idiocracy. I'm no genius, but sometimes it seems everyone else on the team is a drooling moron. Some of those teams can be carried, some can't.
    • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User

That's about right.
      Green people don't have to be.... little.
    • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
      edited March 2017
      Hm, didn’t end up in a bad pug in ages.

But when my friends and I team up for some PvE action either in private or for public it’s always like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn45pl8yXzk
      animated.gif
      Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
      felisean wrote: »
      teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    • misterlozmisterloz Member Posts: 133 Arc User
      The Longest Day. Because I was once stuck in an hour-long breach run, back when it was insanely difficult.
    • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
      The Dirty Dozen, not for the title, but because everyone dies in the end.