test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Passing the Torch

Hey folks,

I thought this post would be easier than it is. Earlier this year, I was promoted to Senior Community Manager in my team. With it, I've been able to exact some really positive changes to not only Star Trek Online, but a lot more of our titles. Yet for all the good I am able to do, I am only one person with so many hours in the day (and nights.. and weekends). So I thought, TRIBBLE that - let's change that.

After numerous cloning attempts failed, we needed to bring someone on board. As much as I am capable of, I want STO to get the love and attention that it deserves. This meant bringing someone to be your dedicated Community Manager once again. In the next coming weeks, we will be passing the torch (Not the leek, that's still mine) to the newest generation of CM.

A couple key points of interest.
  • I'm not leaving leaving. My current role is still the same, allowing me to function more as an advisory. I want to see more positive change, and this is another good step in that direction. Our new CM will be helping lead that positive change, giving another voice to you folks. I'm slated to still be working alongside him.
  • The Community Manager will be working amongst Cryptic. I want them at the heart of the situation to be abreast of every change, every update as well as be able to more readily create change.
  • He's a nerd. Really. I had the opportunity to vette him alongside both me and Cryptic folks. We want the best of both worlds here.

I don't want to make any sappy remarks - it's already hard enough to keep my composure about something that's very near and dear to my heart. Thank you for everything you've given me, my beloved community. You will never know how important you have been to me these past three years.

Thank you,
Morrigan

Comments

• Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2016
    Well damn,

I'm having the same conflicting feelings again... last time I was this conflicted was when Brandon also got promoted and left Smirk in place...

old-man-crying.gif

Thank you for the opportunities Trendy!!!

giphy.gif

#bendytrendy
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    winters83winters83 Member Posts: 486 Media Corps
    I'm just gonna keep this short. Thank you so much LT for all you have done! You will be missed but I'm glad your not going to be totally gone. LLAP :smile:​​
    Twitter: @P1Winters83 YouTube: WintersGaming
    =/\= ========================================== =/\=
    Fleet Admiral Winters - Priority One Armada
    U.S.S. Wolverine - NCC 831216
    =/\= ========================================== =/\=
    Armada Leader // Executive Producer // Host // Priority One Podcast
  • Options
    devilkiller98devilkiller98 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    You have done wonders for this community Trendy, and although you aren't leaving leaving, you will still be sorely missed!!
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Right now, Captain, my time is running out. We leave so many things unfinished in our lives... I know you understand.

Legendary Final 5 Elite Fleet Leader
    http://final-five.guildlaunch.com/
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2016
    Will still hopefully get to see Morrigan's / pwlaughingtrendy cheery & positive attitude drive many new & exciting changes for the STO community. :'( Happy tears... <3 Similar to the work done around ship design with the Carrier &/or now Lukari ship.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Thank you, for having been our CM, and thanks for all the fish! :smiley:

Permission to jump out of my seat in surprise if/when you pop by to say hi to us? :blush:
  • Options
    phantrosityphantrosity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    Let me be the first one to say

Congratulations, Nabreeki

I'm glad Trendy chose you to be the new CM.
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    Plot Twist!

This is all a ruse by Undine Trendy to take over the Universe!

• Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    20727527.jpg

But seriously, you deserve it, kiddo. Congrats and Good Luck. Knock 'em dead.

Now back to my hate of change.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxRX6LXDpWs
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    I never got to terrorize you like the past CM, maybe i got soft, but you did good

New person Better not be Bajoran!!...So help me I will burn the forums to the ground!!!
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    20727527.jpg

But seriously, you deserve it, kiddo. Congrats and Good Luck. Knock 'em dead.

Now back to my hate of change.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxRX6LXDpWs
    I lost my mind over that video. Thanks for the laugh.
  • Options
    ryghanryghan Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Congrats - thank you for all your work (past *and* future), glad to see you got a promo. Will miss you - hope you still pop in on the Forums sometimes! We need to see more Devs about - hopefully these changes will help in making that a possibility!
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
  • Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Congrats on promotion (again) and good to know you'll still be around. :)
  • Options
    alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Don't make us send Butts back to visit the new CM.
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
    I feel like I should be frightened. Should I be frightened?

• Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    I for one will miss you, Trendy. You have done an incredible job in a HARD job, and you rarely get the praise you deserve. Thanks for all you've done for us!
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    I feel like I should be frightened. Should I be frightened?

Only if you have an irrational fear of Dentists.
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • Options
    jenicazarinajenicazarina Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Congrats on a job well done, Trendy! Bittersweet tho it may be, I am happy to see you moving up ^_^
    Resistance is never futile!

800S3a8.jpg
  • Options
    oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    Congrats Trendy. You will be missed.
    Let me be the first one to say

Congratulations, Nabreeki

I'm glad Trendy chose you to be the new CM.

Please say this is not the case. This is a joke, right?????
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    After seeing the Nabreeki comment more than once i got angry and scared. Was waiting to see confirmation of this before i threw my phone down and deleted my acct. What a travesty that would have been.....

But alas it was a dirty joke, its some guy named Mike. Thank God.
  • Options
    oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    After seeing the Nabreeki comment more than once i got angry and scared. Was waiting to see confirmation of this before i threw my phone down and deleted my acct. What a travesty that would have been.....

I'm still gonna wait for official confirmation on this though. Hate to bug ya on this Trendy, but....can we get an official yay or nay on this when you get the chance?
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited November 2016

I'm still gonna wait for official confirmation on this though. Hate to bug ya on this Trendy, but....can we get an official yay or nay on this when you get the chance?

you DID see the thread just above this one with the man introducing himself, didn't you? (or just below, depending on which was posted in more recently)

hell, he actually posted in this thread too​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    umformtechnik#9538 umformtechnik Member Posts: 88 Arc User

It's no joke. Mike is breeki's RL first name, and he has to now post under an official handle. If you notice his join date, it was just last week. This is a new account created just for the CM job.
  • Options
    captinjacksparowcaptinjacksparow Member Posts: 114 Arc User

It's no joke. Mike is breeki's RL first name, and he has to now post under an official handle. If you notice his join date, it was just last week. This is a new account created just for the CM job.
    So you're saying Nabreeki and the new CM guy are the same person?

In any case, thank you for your service to the community, Trendy, and welcome to the team, Mike!
  • Options
    morden613morden613 Member Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    "After numerous cloning attempts failed.."

Dr. Sibak? Is that you? ;)​​