test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lukari Community Ship Voting (Final Round)

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited October 2016 in Galactic News Network [PC]
d46da1759d0b4d4a8d7df9dd002befe21477675394.png

The Lukari and the Alliance are working together to engineer the latest Lukari starship and need help from you! Cast your vote and help shape our next Anniversary Ship!

Cast your vote!

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Lukari Community Ship Voting (Final Round) 2992 votes

Team Alpha
38%
scyther85jslatersdeathfish01remanmaster62sspikardtazziebearstephenopolosikonn#1068racerexiaukboy2you155mrshadowphoenixagent157xdrug2dylantrinidysivkubogardanszab8lcsoceansongminna118 1137 votes
Team Charlie
33%
kirimuffintls1970colinus#1809umaekocoolian106gardatshamanbrvidarusboweninugamiyorkrosszeethysirkoricbelthazorxnerezzadarkadorkabledorisoverignredreiklingraidergoddessoflifeforthegamercaptaingunslayer 995 votes
Team Echo
28%
adarandrelnightkenbghostqqqqiikjothorlan451blassreiterusmelciahjarda9tetsuko2nalfyrshandarilcomrademocoburstdragon323danteandersenalyangjhuggzcomkiller007baewulfkerriken 860 votes

Comments

• kjfettkjfett Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    This is going to be an easy win for Team Charlie!
    kjfett_14091.jpg
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    this election is rigged from the beginning i tell you ;)
  • obsidianballsobsidianballs Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Team Echo
    #TEAMBATARANG
  • mrdakka#5397 mrdakka Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    I need that flying dorito in my life
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    kjfett wrote: »
    This is going to be an easy win for Team Charlie!

By stating this, you have called some unmerciful gods that shove out votes for Alpha.
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    We finally get an ACTUAL UFO shape, and people want either a flying Dorito or a batarang. #TeamCharlie
  • arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    #TeamAlpha
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
  • neogabi1neogabi1 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    #TeamCharlie for sure! Having a literal flying saucer in game is much cooler than a wedge and orders of magnitude better than a ship that looks like ones already in game.
    Team Fencebane - All Adventure, No Direction!
  • artaniscreedartaniscreed Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Alpha is for Awesome!
    Team Charlie
    dragnridr wrote: »
    We finally get an ACTUAL UFO shape, and people want either a flying Dorito or a batarang. #TeamCharlie

To be honest, Alpha looks cooler than expected on the new picture. However, the classic flying saucer needs to win.
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Alpha for sure- Echo looks too much like the Son'a ships from Insurrection. And if I want a ship shaped like a disc I'll use saucer separation on my Galaxy.
  • nikolunusnikolunus Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    Team Echo
    Okay the most basic shape for a starting ship is Alpha, very simular to some early starfleet ships. Charlie looks very exsperimental concept approuch that would fit more down the line of ship evolution. Echo of the three is the one I like but just doesn't feel right as a first "lets take that big leap ship." If they where doing this on their own that is. So with how my thinking is going, Alpha would be more inspired by the KDF, while Charlie shows more imput from StarFleet. That leaving Echo as a cross of the two branches of thought and imput. I could see that being a final product of both space powers giving imput and help in the construction of this new ship.
    Space is vast, it's wonderful and maddening. Yet in that madness is some of the greatest beauty I have ever seen.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Charlie, but wouldn't mind if Echo wins.
  • malebissemalebisse Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Talk about a close selection / election!
  • galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    Team Echo
    Fly the Batarang. Live the dream.
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Gonna go with Alpha, but I am also okay with Echo winning.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    Charlie, no discussion here. Alpha wouldn't be too terrible as well, rhough I really root for the saucer pig-1.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • jasonyeefongjasonyeefong Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    1403215221547.jpg
  • avantguard13avantguard13 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Team Echo
    Batarang forever
    Team Charlie
    1403215221547.jpg

Is it probing-time yet?
  • freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 425 Arc User
    Team Echo
    I originally didn't like the Son'a looking ship but compared to the others, it seems to be the only one that makes sense for a newly warp-capable species. I'm also comparing these designs to their solar probe and Echo seems to be the most similar, technologically.

It looks like the Alpha uses those weird blue orbs as propulsion but the shape of it reminds me too much of the time shuttle.

The Charlie's UFO design I'll admit is pretty great but it looks too elegant and advanced for a species' first foray into space.

Echo as I said looks like a Son'a ship but it also has a certain industrial look to it that seems appropriate for a newly warp capable species. So, my vote's for Echo!
    m12Pkoj.png
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Echo
    They all look too advanced IMO. I can't imagine any of them being the first warp ship build by a new spacefaring race.

I would have been perfectly happy with the "generic" Concordium-class being their NX-01 analogue.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • vilecalamitousvilecalamitous Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    Team Echo
    Alpha and Charlie are boring designs to me. Too bad Echo is in last place currently :/
    Team Charlie
    freakium wrote: »
    I'm also comparing these designs to their solar probe and Echo seems to be the most similar, technologically.

If anyone in the ST-multiverse would build his ships similar to his probes, we'd all fly around in ships shaped like torpedo-casings...
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Team Alpha
    Alpha for the X-Files vibe.
    Post edited by dkeith2011 on
  • jasonyeefongjasonyeefong Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Team Charlie
    1403215221547.jpg

Is it probing-time yet?

soon :wink:
  • keith2014keith2014 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Team Alpha
    Team Alpha
    Team Charlie
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    Team Charlie
    Exactly. Where are all the supporters for Charlie? We need to beat Alpha.