test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What the hell Cryptic??

Comments

• Options
    admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    That's three more than I have. The other 4 people in my fleet put in very little time due to also being very busy.

When I log in tonight expect to have the one K-13 mission I was able to queue and fill before bed complete for a whopping 1500 points only need 8500 for T1, so yeah about 7 days.

I work in law enforcement I'm lucky if I have more than an hour a day I can play.

I'll get there eventually I'm not a quitter but it's best not to judge other people and their situations or make blanket statements.

• Options
    That's three more than I have. The other 4 people in my fleet put in very little time due to also being very busy.

When I log in tonight expect to have the one K-13 mission I was able to queue and fill before bed complete for a whopping 1500 points only need 8500 for T1, so yeah about 7 days.

I work in law enforcement I'm lucky if I have more than an hour a day I can play.

I'll get there eventually I'm not a quitter but it's best not to judge other people and their situations or make blanket statements.

I work directly with law enforcement in my profession. Thank you.

Qapla!
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    cidjack wrote: »
    Someone that doesn't have 499 lackeys under them to fill all the quantities.

Someone who doesn't have the time due to having to work to support all those that don't and do.

I got 4 people in my fleet (To include myself) and when I logged on tonight the K-13 projects were already filled. We maxed everything in 11 months.

First, let me congratulate you. Secondly ... when does your Unemployment Insurance run out ... ?

No seriously though, I think it is great you have such dedicated people. :)

We had about five in pour UFP fleet do over half the progress we made in our first year. A couple of those got sent overseas and probably had to re-prioritize a bit. We don't see them lately, or this EC thing would have been a slam dunk for us.

I have to say, none of us really knows the circumstances of the other, and we can all be judgmental, even harshly so.

Knowing how I almost had no warning, and the why of it, from my point of view, gives me justification for being angry about the results of this change. I can sympathize with others over it. I can make justification for blaming the devs for poor communication choices and aggravating this situation.

I can acknowledge that others had different circumstances whatever those might be, that allowed them to work this all out in good order. I can see where that could give justification for them to assume that anyone who didn't get it worked out has nobody to blame but themselves.

What we don't know about each other is what drives all this back and forth judgementalism. We could do better than to continue along that path. I am glad your circumstances worked out for you. Alas we can see that circumstances didn't favor everyone, and while I believe we can have a hand in creating our own good luck, I do not ever believe that things can't still blindside you no matter how hard you try to stay ahead of them.

Live Long and Prosper.

I am going out a limb here and assume you came on the forums to vent your frustrations? Are you expecting a personal response from a dev? What is your end game on this thread? You posted on the forums, you must have expected people to comment, good or bad.

Plus, it is a game, do not take it so seriously, when you do, people pick up on it and poke you with a stick.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Someone that doesn't have 499 lackeys under them to fill all the quantities.

Someone who doesn't have the time due to having to work to support all those that don't and do.

I got 4 people in my fleet (To include myself) and when I logged on tonight the K-13 projects were already filled. We maxed everything in 11 months.

First, let me congratulate you. Secondly ... when does your Unemployment Insurance run out ... ?

No seriously though, I think it is great you have such dedicated people. :)

We had about five in pour UFP fleet do over half the progress we made in our first year. A couple of those got sent overseas and probably had to re-prioritize a bit. We don't see them lately, or this EC thing would have been a slam dunk for us.

I have to say, none of us really knows the circumstances of the other, and we can all be judgmental, even harshly so.

Knowing how I almost had no warning, and the why of it, from my point of view, gives me justification for being angry about the results of this change. I can sympathize with others over it. I can make justification for blaming the devs for poor communication choices and aggravating this situation.

I can acknowledge that others had different circumstances whatever those might be, that allowed them to work this all out in good order. I can see where that could give justification for them to assume that anyone who didn't get it worked out has nobody to blame but themselves.

What we don't know about each other is what drives all this back and forth judgementalism. We could do better than to continue along that path. I am glad your circumstances worked out for you. Alas we can see that circumstances didn't favor everyone, and while I believe we can have a hand in creating our own good luck, I do not ever believe that things can't still blindside you no matter how hard you try to stay ahead of them.

Live Long and Prosper.

I am going out a limb here and assume you came on the forums to vent your frustrations? Are you expecting a personal response from a dev? What is your end game on this thread? You posted on the forums, you must have expected people to comment, good or bad.

Plus, it is a game, do not take it so seriously, when you do, people pick up on it and poke you with a stick.

Actually I was thinking we are all guilty of it. being judgemental I mean.

I am genuinely happy for you. I love a good success story :)

I think that to many people are trying to find fault with each other though. I mean there are good arguments for the change, and good arguments for why the change was mishandled, but when we keep going around with it all we just end up adding to the frustrations and such.

What I wish we were doing instead (my end game) was something positive, like trying to restore value to damaged assets like the Fleet Commodities officers, Tuffli ships and Ferengi. These complaint threads allow venting, but solve nothing much.

I want to move on, and I hope others wil agree.

Again, congrats to you.

Qapla!

• Options
    tampojoe#8474 tampojoe Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited October 2016
    > garaks31 wrote: »
    >
    > it was written in the announcements/patch notes
    > it was on tribble
    > every podcast and stream about sto reminded us about the changes

Would you kindly provide me with a link or multiple links to announcements, tribble and every podcast (or rather any if you like) which reminded us about the changes, please?

I shall also appreciate if you kindly define a triblle, podcast and "stream about sto". You might not believe it but if one asks me to-day what these are I shall not know what to answer.

Thank you!
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Don't feel bad for my situation I actually have a couple days off in a row each week.

The only problem is Cryptic has limited the availability of these missions to prevent exploiters (that do have all day long) from exploiting them so it's just like not having a day off because I still have to wait 20 hours for the missions to complete anyway.

Good news is I'll be a loading another mission tonight maybe I'll load 2 if I have time, then I'll have all day tomorrow to fill them.

Good people here on the Forum have reminded me that I can get doffs for Fleet credits of which I have a lot so that will make things easier.
  • Options
    Don't feel bad for my situation I actually have a couple days off in a row each week.

The only problem is Cryptic has limited the availability of these missions to prevent exploiters (that do have all day long) from exploiting them so it's just like not having a day off because I still have to wait 20 hours for the missions to complete anyway.

Good news is I'll be a loading another mission tonight maybe I'll load 2 if I have time, then I'll have all day tomorrow to fill them.

Good people here on the Forum have reminded me that I can get doffs for Fleet credits of which I have a lot so that will make things easier.

OMG yes! Doffs for Fleet credits, one at a time, but thankfully not taking a day or two to arrive! I did a ton of that Monday! Thousands and thousands ...

I started a new discussion about post Commodity to EC changes we might wish for. i hope it goes well ...

Qapla!
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    >
    > it was on tribble

Would you kindly provide me with a link or multiple links to announcements, tribble and every podcast (or rather any if you like) which reminded us about the changes, please?

I shall also appreciate if you kindly define a triblle, podcast and "stream about sto". You might not believe it but if one asks me to-day what these are I shall not know what to answer.

Thank you!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10224553-release-notes:-october-25th,-2016

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1222706/tribble-maintenance-and-release-notes-september-28-2016/p1

http://priorityonepodcast.com/po291/

http://holosuitemedia.com/

https://www.facebook.com/PilotReviewShow/ eps 49

tribble is the test server before every weekly update sometimes 1 month early the changes can be testet on in

streams are life shows about the game . valikin gets the most viewer's ( i don't know why ;) )

podcast are like talk shows ,informing players about upcoming game events

• Options
    garaks31 wrote: »
    >
    > it was on tribble

Thank you!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10224553-release-notes:-october-25th,-2016

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1222706/tribble-maintenance-and-release-notes-september-28-2016/p1

http://priorityonepodcast.com/po291/

http://holosuitemedia.com/

https://www.facebook.com/PilotReviewShow/ eps 49

tribble is the test server before every weekly update sometimes 1 month early the changes can be testet on in

streams are life shows about the game . valikin gets the most viewer's ( i don't know why ;) )

podcast are like talk shows ,informing players about upcoming game events

Thanks for taking the time to share this with folks.

I can't help but think that this would still take time to go through. I know I spend hours at times looking stuff up instead of actually playing. I think people who only get a couple hours a week would rather not take to much time reading and watching this stuff when they could be playing. Not sure what the best way to help that is.

I sympathize with people wanting to spend the time having fun. There must be a better way to make sure players get the most important information. Again, thanks for the links and info.

Qapla!
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    A smart phone helps, allowing people to look up stuff in the brief moments of respite at work.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    So much hate and rage. Get some perspective, people.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    ... Not sure what the best way to help that is.

I sympathize with people wanting to spend the time having fun. There must be a better way to make sure players get the most important information. Again, thanks for the links and info.

Qapla!

neon sign above tuflis

frozen-yogurt-neon-sign-c96ct1.jpg

and holo news people on ground maps

https://www.facebook.com/PriorityOnePodcast/videos/967432306699500/
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    dareau wrote: »
    You know, I feel for you OP.

But, before "bandwagon jumping" and screaming righteous indignation with you, I have but a few questions for you.

1. Please prove, conclusively, that the projects in question were 100% full as of your posting.
    2. Please explain, in detail, how as a fleet leader and therefore "in position" to be making this complaint, you've avoided the forum for... oh... the past week and a half where at least two topics were being discussed about this pending change - though one was called "lets talk downgrade of the cell ship".
    3. Please explain, again, in detail, how the Starbase IV upgrade, which as of your picture is 100% complete except for the EC (and therefore previously commodity) slider(s), is in such a shape if, as your posting infers, the commodities were at 100%, being that since all the other sliders were seemingly full prior to the patch and/or the taking of the picture, it should have been counting down and therefore not subject to the EC conversion issue.

Answer these questions please...

I'll stick up for him here. Consider me a witness.

One of my co-leaders informs me that projects counting down apparently lost commodities also, and subsequently were reset to incomplete. I was able to see the screen they were looking at, and it was an Armada view of a Fleet that the Co-Leader was not in personally, but which I know had been counting down before the update. It was available to take donations in EC where Fighter had been filled, and to repeat, it was complete and counting down prior.

I have been unable to confirm this myself from inside the actual Fleet as yet due to text not being visible to navigate the game after the update. I will be looking into this as soon as I can log on properly. However based on the Armada view which I did see and the ability to donate to a 'finished' project, I would have to say it no longer counts as finished despite the fact everything was there. :(

As a person, I have a real life that includes work and family, and I sometimes work 19 hours a day as my profession demands. I have missed events as long and large as the Delta recruit because Real Life comes first. I had some time recently, and I wanted to play and make up for lost time from previous weeks.

As a Fleet and Armada Leader I am usually in the Fleet/Armada trying to do stuff there, and answer questions and help members. I only come to the forums if I don't know something, or something happens that seems to have gone horribly wrong. I can usually get better advice or tutorials on most of what I need from You-tube. It is only by chance that my desire to learn about better ways to farm commodities gave me any warning at all. It was still not in time to do enough, apparently, since projects I got in under the wire, now aren't anymore? You will almost certainly here more about that from others ...

It seems that being in countdown is no guarantee of project safety ...

I already mentioned the 'burning house'. I guess I am a fool.

Qapla!

My "current" observations:

Research lab's Upgrade Research Facilities II is up and running for my fleet. It's still got 3D 9H+ on countdown as I write. Looking at it through the "Greyed out" portions shows the commodity to EC conversion, and an empty slider. Armada window shows 100% complete with the "opportunity" to donate EC to it also.

Here's hoping that you can confirm the countdowns are still running "post patch" when you should get your text back... If not, I'd be filing bug reports with as much information as you can give...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    As far as I can tell all projects that were counting down have continued to count down. And one of them has actually completed by now.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Eh. I got banged by the update as well. Took about as much of a hit, and I am pretty much solo raising my fleet(was a day shy of getting the dil to put all projects on timer). But I just climb back into the captain's chair, and put Pedal to the Metal on. Does it suck? Yeah. Will I recover? You bet your 4th point of contact I will. I'll be delayed a week, as I'm currently hammering out dil for projects and zen to get keys for lobi. No big deal. Not the end of the world.
  • Options
    You know, I feel for you OP.

But, before "bandwagon jumping" and screaming righteous indignation with you, I have but a few questions for you.

1. Please prove, conclusively, that the projects in question were 100% full as of your posting.
    2. Please explain, in detail, how as a fleet leader and therefore "in position" to be making this complaint, you've avoided the forum for... oh... the past week and a half where at least two topics were being discussed about this pending change - though one was called "lets talk downgrade of the cell ship".
    3. Please explain, again, in detail, how the Starbase IV upgrade, which as of your picture is 100% complete except for the EC (and therefore previously commodity) slider(s), is in such a shape if, as your posting infers, the commodities were at 100%, being that since all the other sliders were seemingly full prior to the patch and/or the taking of the picture, it should have been counting down and therefore not subject to the EC conversion issue.

Answer these questions please...

I'll stick up for him here. Consider me a witness.

One of my co-leaders informs me that projects counting down apparently lost commodities also, and subsequently were reset to incomplete. I was able to see the screen they were looking at, and it was an Armada view of a Fleet that the Co-Leader was not in personally, but which I know had been counting down before the update. It was available to take donations in EC where Fighter had been filled, and to repeat, it was complete and counting down prior.

I have been unable to confirm this myself from inside the actual Fleet as yet due to text not being visible to navigate the game after the update. I will be looking into this as soon as I can log on properly. However based on the Armada view which I did see and the ability to donate to a 'finished' project, I would have to say it no longer counts as finished despite the fact everything was there. :(

As a person, I have a real life that includes work and family, and I sometimes work 19 hours a day as my profession demands. I have missed events as long and large as the Delta recruit because Real Life comes first. I had some time recently, and I wanted to play and make up for lost time from previous weeks.

As a Fleet and Armada Leader I am usually in the Fleet/Armada trying to do stuff there, and answer questions and help members. I only come to the forums if I don't know something, or something happens that seems to have gone horribly wrong. I can usually get better advice or tutorials on most of what I need from You-tube. It is only by chance that my desire to learn about better ways to farm commodities gave me any warning at all. It was still not in time to do enough, apparently, since projects I got in under the wire, now aren't anymore? You will almost certainly here more about that from others ...

It seems that being in countdown is no guarantee of project safety ...

I already mentioned the 'burning house'. I guess I am a fool.

Qapla!

My "current" observations:

Research lab's Upgrade Research Facilities II is up and running for my fleet. It's still got 3D 9H+ on countdown as I write. Looking at it through the "Greyed out" portions shows the commodity to EC conversion, and an empty slider. Armada window shows 100% complete with the "opportunity" to donate EC to it also.

Here's hoping that you can confirm the countdowns are still running "post patch" when you should get your text back... If not, I'd be filing bug reports with as much information as you can give...

I had a good look around. I saw timers going as they should for the ones that should have still been ticking. I also saw a couple things that looked like they should have been ticking before, that weren't, but they were smaller more common project types which can easily get confusing across an Armada. If you have three needing fighters but only have the Marks to finish one, you only bother to fill two of them, right?

So I am willing to accept that countdowns were not interrupted.

I am disturbed that anyone might still be prompted to donate to them as it appears is the case, but I expect the donation would be rejected. I had the game crash as I was considering testing that, and decided to take a break and check the forums before going back in ;)

Qapla!
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,843 Arc User
    c. you really think they will care if you threaten, stomp your feet and hold your breath till you turn smurf?
    when someone threatens me in such a manner my first and only reaction is expletive YOU

I see they let the trolls out from under the bridge again. Too bad I sold my crossbow. I love hunting trolls. B)

People like him who keep this disaster of a game alive and in the horrible shape it's in...sad to see there are still so many blind fanboi whales playing the game in such a horrible state.
  • Options
    auggiedog1auggiedog1 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    For some reason, when I logged onto the game earlier, it started to reinstall the friggin' game. Now I have to wait. Did anyone else encounter this TRIBBLE? Why did I need to reinstall the game?!?
  • Options
    auggiedog1 wrote: »
    For some reason, when I logged onto the game earlier, it started to reinstall the friggin' game. Now I have to wait. Did anyone else encounter this ****? Why did I need to reinstall the game?!?

did you clean the comp. with a 3. party program? did you change the game directory? did you move the game folder to another drive?

• Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    If you clean out the 'pigpen' (STO/Live/piggs), it effectively seems like the entire game has to be reinstalled, if that's any help.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    spiritwalker1969spiritwalker1969 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    imgur.com/a/ChaLxI logged on today to do some daily fleet mark slogging and found that all of our commodities are gone from our fleet projects... and, while they were full, now the projects are demanding a total of 30 million energy credits. We already spent our energy credits filling the damn commodities. FIX THIS. YOU will mark those two projects as full on EC's. I'm a spender. I have spent quite a lot on this game in the last few years. I will not spend another penny until you fix this ****. Which means you will be missing out on the several HUNDRED dollars I plan on spending over the next few months.

I get that you want to change things. When you do, you need to make certain you are not SERIOUSLY **** over your player base. This is a **** job, pure and simple.

imgur.com/a/ChaLx

the two projects that need fixed are on the url. fix it.

Lol, this reads like a mad 8 year old that stomped off.

You took away my stuff!!!
    Its not broken, but YOU BETTER FIX IT

Thanks for the laough OP, this genuinally made me laough when I read this, I needed that.

You hit the nail on the head, rather than posting a query about why this has happened and why the major changes were not highlighted more prominently some players would it seems prefer to start with the insulting, demanding "I am the most important player who spends more than anyone else" stance. I have seen the same in some of the threads where a minority of console players bemoan the fact that PC gets fixes and they don't etc. etc.

Given that reacting to such posts is a PvP substitute for the inhabitants of this forum, which usually results in an escalation of hostilities often to the point that "The Great Leek of Forum Death" is brandished with unerring accuracy.

In all honesty if someone came up to you on the street and demanded, in this fashion, that you exchange a paper note to loose change for a parking meter for example, would you do it or would you run away from the "madman"? On the other hand using the same example if someone asks "Excuse me, I don't have enough change for the meter can you give me change for this banknote?", you would (a) be more likely to stop and see if you had sufficient change to do so or (b) simply give them a few coins to make up the deficit.

We all get that the poster is annoyed, after all we are all subject to the same changes and tbh when did you see a toxic reaction to a reasonably polite query, even on here? The point is if by the time a dev or moderator etc. who can perhaps bring player concerns to someone who can investigate and promote change reads these "bilge ridden rants" then can you blame them for simply shutting them down and removing the obvious cause of strife?

• Options
    lucho80 wrote: »

In response to this; I am almost absolutely certain that 'we', the ones who make it to the forums are a small minority in relation to the larger STO population. The evidence of surprise all around makes me believe there should be more effort at communication. Like putting very important announcements in the load screen at startup, or something equally difficult not to notice for the casual players (majority).

Live Long and Prosper. Remember the I.D.I.C. Qapla!
  • Options
    In response to this; I am almost absolutely certain that 'we', the ones who make it to the forums are a small minority in relation to the larger STO population. The evidence of surprise all around makes me believe there should be more effort at communication. Like putting very important announcements in the load screen at startup, or something equally difficult not to notice for the casual players (majority).

In-game mail, plain and simple. STOs in-game mail system is a hot mess and pretty much useless the way it is right now. It should, ideally, get a major revamp and include game news in optional newsletters, clearly marked for players to get all the info they need right on their account. Further, Cryptic's awful information policy has to change. There's no merit in that stupid "inform people 24 hours before a change" policy - I get it with ship releases, they don't want that people plan their expenditure beforehand and fall into the impulse purchase trap. But serious gameplay changes like this are known way ahead - they should also inform players way ahead.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    angrytarg wrote: »

In-game mail, plain and simple. STOs in-game mail system is a hot mess and pretty much useless the way it is right now. It should, ideally, get a major revamp and include game news in optional newsletters, clearly marked for players to get all the info they need right on their account. Further, Cryptic's awful information policy has to change. There's no merit in that stupid "inform people 24 hours before a change" policy - I get it with ship releases, they don't want that people plan their expenditure beforehand and fall into the impulse purchase trap. But serious gameplay changes like this are known way ahead - they should also inform players way ahead.​​

In game mail would do it, I think. :)

Qapla!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    What makes you think people would bother reading it?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    That's irrelevant, it at least reaches them. Right now, Cryptic is terrible at communication with their players. Official announcements are preferably made on 3rd party pages or if you are lucky via the forums, but still on a very short notice unless you count people keeping track of the tribble test build patchnotes, which they shouldn't be required to when changes directly affect them in the way it happened here. In-game newsletters would be available to everyone that plays the game and thus is a relevant recipient of these news. If I decide to opt out of the newsletter then there's really no point I could make.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    and it isn't like cryptic CAN'T send mail to absolutely every player, because that how they do their 'thanks for using ARC, here's your khan outfit bribe' notification​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.