test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game Already Dead on PS4

124»

Comments

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Not sure how the developer Cryptic Studio... oh sorry, I meant PWE is "greedy" in the classical sense.

Sure ships are rather expensive at $30 USD and I suspect when T7 ships are released they will cost $35. Some of the ship packs costs $130+, but overall the game is completely free to play.

All content is free. There are no expansion packs that players are required to pay for. For example no one had to pay any money on the PC side to play any of the content related to the Agents of Yesterday expansion. That will also apply to the console when that expansion is released. Sure there is a temporal ship pack selling for $130+, but it does not contain any extra story missions. Just the ships, costumes, an Android Boff, titles and some other things that do not bar players from playing any missions in the game.

The game basically provide everything you need to play the main story mission, though it will not give you everything you want. However, players would generally find that the game becomes harder after passing level 50. At level 56 the increase in difficulty become noticeable to me. Therefore, people will likely find that the last free ship they received at level 40 (T5 ship) is no longer good enough. But at least there are 3 different major events during the year that allows players to claim a free T6 Event Ship (a single T6 ship designed for each specific event) so that F2P players are not stuck with whatever free T5 ship they selected at level 40.

While Event Ships may not be the exact ship you want it is still a T6 ship and it is free as long as you do the daily grind to obtain it. The daily grind is not that bad, usually it takes less than 10 minutes to do and when you become perficient at it then it should take less than 3 minutes. The exception would be the Anniversary Event since travelling to different locations is required, but it should take less than 15 minutes.

I have a secondary account that is completely F2P where I have not spent any real money at all. It is rather limited, but I have not had any real problems playing STO without a C-Store ship or purchasing anything else in the C-Store will real money on the account. All the things I purchased from the C-Store were done using Zen that I traded refined dilithium for which have basically been limited to Doff slots, inventory slots and the EC Cap Remover. The EC Cap Remover does not exist for consoles since the EC limit by default is 1 billion EC compared to the 10 million EC limit on the PC. The one difficult I do have is finding the time to play my F2P account.

I can't compare STO to any other online game though, because STO is the only online game I play. But the various bugs in the game can be annoying especially when new content is released. Though it hasn't gotten to the point where I would simply quit the game out of frustration.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    If I said this wouldn't work on consoles, I'd be proven right. And Everyone would bow before me and I would be a game god.

Now go on with your business, you lesser mortals and worship my illogical post.

Worship it....aXQHSfb.png​​

Worship? nah i wouldnt but nat would be forced to worship you which would cause a temporal refraction whihc would enduce a cascade failure of the quantumn flux capacitor and space would rip a big one causing the game to implode thus ending all life on mars though there isnt life on mars so maybe jupiter cause we dont know if theres life there or not.....whew try saying that all in one sentence :D
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    So... you think this person is wrong?

As most in this thread have said, the OP's rock solid and legit. The game's dying or dead on consoles. OP proved the point.
    you think only North Americans play STO?

The amount of english accents on the STO podcasts I listen to is undeniable PROOF that STO is euro-centric. Combine that with how the German blog gets information first and it's pretty obvious that not only is Console dead, but that PWE cares far more about its Euro base than it does the yappy gun obsessed obese high fructose corn syrupy nation of American players.

Anyways, why are were bothering to argue when you, me and the Opee make three who all resolutely agree?

;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kjfettkjfett Member Posts: 370 Arc User

As most in this thread have said, the OP's rock solid and legit. The game's dying or dead on consoles. OP proved the point.

The amount of english accents on the STO podcasts I listen to is undeniable PROOF that STO is euro-centric. Combine that with how the German blog gets information first and it's pretty obvious that not only is Console dead, but that PWE cares far more about its Euro base than it does the yappy gun obsessed obese high fructose corn syrupy nation of American players.

Anyways, why are were bothering to argue when you, me and the Opee make three who all resolutely agree?

;)

I hear they were moving their HQs to London but then with the whole Brexit thing, they picked Paris instead. After the move, they plan to pull the plug on console, KDF, Romulans and Fleets then bundle the software on Free AOL minutes disk and hand them out at fairs.
    kjfett_14091.jpg
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    kjfett wrote: »

;)

I hear they were moving their HQs to London but then with the whole Brexit thing, they picked Paris instead. After the move, they plan to pull the plug on console, KDF, Romulans and Fleets then bundle the software on Free AOL minutes disk and hand them out at fairs.

The announcement I've been waiting for all these years! FINALLY!

I can't wait to attend my first fair!

;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • demendred420demendred420 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I'm on ps4, and I see people on everyday.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    I'm on ps4, and I see people on everyday.

You must be seeing dead people. ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • radagast75radagast75 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    Just came back, no matter how much i do love STO in general and even more Star Trek which with i grew on and learned some values from there..

The business model on Star trek game feels wrong but that is something one can ignore if everytyhing else is good.

But the thing is, combat still feels as sluggish as it felt in the launch, bit more maybe even, moving a character is odd, sometimes characters stucks on movement or moves nowhere at all. Cant use melee attack and move at the same time if you go Klingon melee.. Tooltips still ddont include the most vital info, cooldown, you havce to go to separate window to see cooldowns..

IF combat and general movement of character/ship, informative tooltips that fit the game window and so forth would work as well as Warcraft, EVE online or Elder Scrolls online for example, the game would be much more popular.

I do play on PC sp this console stuff hopefully does not make my gameplay worse though i fear some functionality has suffered from PS ersion perphaps or just common bugs, not known.

Anyway, i hope for longevity of game but the overall controls and vital info should be way better to actually have good hope.

Would not also hurt to allow people to use new ship token of promotions to use on C-Store ships as well, one ship is not that much or lower prices would also be bit better ythough in other games, there would be great outcry if swords and armor would be sold for real mponey in out of Asia market.
    Captain Hunt, at your service!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]